• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB a center stand

dbc19655871

Recently a new C14 owner also a new memeber didn't realize my bike had no center until next day prevous owner had put lower links zx1400 found on ebay which explains missing stand. So looking for one with hardware. thanks for reading

Yes I just purchased my bike and that part wasn't disclosed I want to put back to stock I'm a new member

Attachments

• 20230807_162806.jpg
    20230807_162806.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230807_162810.jpg
    20230807_162810.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230807_162813.jpg
    20230807_162813.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230807_162755.jpg
    20230807_162755.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Here is the discussion about Center stand/lowering rockers/etc.

Here is the discussion about Center stand/lowering rockers/etc.

thank you just purchased from link you had provided ebay used oem suspension bracket so I can return to stock getting rid of zx1400 lower links now for a centerstand then have to figure away of support bike so it doesn't fall on me I have motorcycle jack also car stands some blocks of wood

We're talking about that on the last posts of the center stand discussion.
The problem is; (because you don't have a center stand), you can't support the rear of the bike from the rear wheel etc to install the Links.
But (if you don't have Soupy Links on the bike) you can first install a center stand and then move to changing the Links.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
We're talking about that on the last posts of the center stand discussion.
The problem is; (because you don't have a center stand), you can't support the rear of the bike from the rear wheel etc to install the Links.
But (if you don't have Soupy Links on the bike) you can first install a center stand and then move to changing the Links.

Ride safe, Ted
Grateful for your help I did order from ebay used center stand assembly also the suspension adjustment arm for rear which you provided. Would the stock link length 6.5 inch be stock length? As seller advertised on ebay. Basically have everything coming to undo the aftermarket lower links bike came with. I'm truly grateful for everyone help I'm going to wait for center stand before doing anything

I'll start with; I'm sorry guys, but I'm currently talking with 3 people that all want to install a center stand on their bike. I've grown confused about who has what on his bike.

Of the 3, one has a Soupy's Lowering Link on his bike.
,,,,,,,,,,,The Soupy's link is preventing him from installing the center stand on his bike.

In the discussion I posted an Ebay assembly to see if that is what he has on his bike.
I did not offer it as something that is good to buy. (I do not like the Soupy design).
I posted it so that he could see the difference in OEM style and the Soupy design.

DBC, I think you have OEM ZX-14 Links on your bike?
Or possibly you have ZX-14 Lowering Links of some kind?
If so, both would be longer than a Stock Link for a C-14 and would lower the bike "too much".

From your note (above) I'm guessing that you purchased this?

If so, that is a Soupy's lowering Link and it will cause problems if you want to install a Center stand on your bike.
I suggest that you cancel that order and let me help you buy the correct Link.
I will be happy to do so and think I can save you some $$. **

To do so, I need to know;
Is your bike already lowered and what Link is currently on the bike?
Do you want to set the bike to stock height or lower it?
Do you realize that lowering the bike will require you to shorten the center stand and modify the side stand?

Lastly;
I don't have a stock link here to measure. But as I recall 6 1/2" is approx. the distance between the mounting holes on a Lowering Link. (Lowers the bike about 1 1/2")

** If you want to keep the bike lowered (??) you can buy aftermarket Lowering Links or buy the ZX-600E Links. The 600 Links will work well as they are the same length as the Aftermarket Lowering Links and cost less.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: