• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB: RH lower air scoop

blender

Tricycle
It appears my new-to-me '05 C10 came with two LH lower air scoops. I'll trade one of them or purchase a RH one.

Steve

I just found an older set, and one scoop has a crack I am trying to repair.  How to tell which is left/right?  I will take a pic later this week.

I was told by the PO that both scoops were LH ones, altho since this is my 1st C10 I have nothing to compare to. A photo of the one you're selling would be helpful to me. Thanks.

Steve

They are interchangeable, but mounted 1 way they direct air onto your legs and the other way deflects it away.  Mount with scoop towards the front in summer and towards the back in winter.  I took mine off years ago and just ran without.

I'm pretty sure on the inside it has a R or an L on it

Roger

mf-rabbit said:
I'm pretty sure on the inside it has a R or an L on it

I just checked and you are correct. Both mine have "L".
I realize these are not *that* critical to the bike's functioning, it's just that I want to give them a try. I might break down and order a new RH one....

Steve