• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB: windshield assembly 55036-0005 & red front cowling 55028-0198-25T 2009 C14

caveman

Training Wheels
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. On a west Texas road trip this weekend, my bike fell asleep on the job and landed on my wife's new Vstrom DL1000. The ground must have been a little uneven. Idunno. Two hours after parking the bikes under a motel carport, we heard a crash. Luckily only my bike suffered the major damage. Her mirror broke off, and that's about it. I say luckily only my bike suffered the damage, because I would have physical damage to myself if her bike was hurt...if you know what I mean. :))

My windshield assembly [aluminum bracket] shattered in about 5 pieces. Also broke a small piece off the front upper fairing where one of the lower screws mounts to the black cover piece.

Before I buy the parts new, I wanted to check with the forum for used ones.

Anyone have any suggestions on who has the cheapest new OEM parts for the Connies?

REF: windshield assembly 55036-0005 & red front cowling 55028-0198-25T,  2009 C14

Bike Bandit, Ron Ayers, Kawasakipartsnation.com

Check them all, see who is cheapest on the parts you need. I modified the oil pan on my ZX14 and got the new gaskets and the threaded tube that the filter screws onto from Bike Bandit. Good price, quick delivery.

Thanks for the tip. Kawasakipartsnation has discounts. The other two are really high.

Has anyone purchased from Partshark? they are the lowest place that I have found so far.