• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WV Ride Nov 30

svo68

Scooter
We are leaving Waynesboro, VA Friday 11/30, around 2:00, staying at the Old Clark Inn in Marlinton Friday  :beerchug:, running the attached loop  :motonoises: and staying around Canaan Saturday night. Join us? It's gonna be a good one!

from:839 Jefferson Ave, Waynesboro, VA to:38.54127,-79.7679 to:38.42088,-80.04376 to:38.26144,-80.74864 to:38.67023,-80.3747 to:38.84782,-80.31944 to:39.34248,-79.98511 to:39.2743,-79.5156 to:38.9714221,-79.8500293 to:38.82728,-79.38162 to:W Market St

You'll have to choose Market St in Harrisonburg, VA. We will be splitting up there and heading home.

Long range weather forecast are looking pretty good.  Hope it holds up.  Looking froward to this ride.  :great:

hi tim, hi glenn, hey would love to meet you guys at canaan, but our two week deer season started today, took my grandson out and he got a doe, his first deer, gotta spend the next two saturdays working on getting him his first buck, if it wasnt for this i would be there,love the canaan area, hey you guys have fun and drink one for me in the evening.  thanks joe

We would have loved to have you join us. The whole route appears to be challenging and fun. It should be a good ride. Maybe next trip you can make it.

Mid 50's all weekend folks and no rain! How many times in December can you ask for that??

Still no takers? Anyone last minute is welcome.

I would be with you guys but am now the OWO Chief Cook and Bottlewasher and Feeder of the Dogs.

Y'all have a safe, fun ride. Burn up some gas for me!  :great:

A fine little 500+ mile ride. For the most part, the roads were great. 2 deer, a patch or two of ice  :eek:  on Saturday morning and a little bit of sand/gravel. Canaan was as beautiful as ever.  :beerchug:  We passed a C-10 and a 14 yesterday. Another 14 today, so there were some people out.

Glenn, Dan and I made the trip. It was a good trip.

Glad you enjoyed the run. Had it not been for parades, more parades, and a grouchy wife unit I would've tried to run over that direction. Canaan is a regular run for me since it's only about a 1.5 hr ride for me. Lots of good scenery and great roads.

Had a really great time this weekend.  Good riding, good weather, good friends, and some really good deals on lodging, to top it off. Could have done without the deer, and the ice, though. 

Hey, glad that you all had a safe and fun ride!

Deer? Ice? Yeah, you were in West Virginia.  :))

Gunny, I also am about 1.5 hours from Cannan Valley. Where in the Mountain State do you hang your helmet?

I hide in a little place called Lost Creek. I make quite a few passes thru the twisties over in that area thru out the year. We have out Blue Knights rally over at Canaan during the summer and I usually take the out of towners on a scenic trip around the area.

Lots of pretty riding over there, Gunny. We went through Lost Creek, or very close, when I led a ride during the COG at Cannan rally in 2007; went over through West Milford and new Milton to West Union for some great Buckwheat cakes there.

Planning a similar ride in June at the TALA and Blizzard ride in Buckhannon. Maybe see you then.  :great:

Tim And Trish said:
Does anyone know how to crop the videos off of a gopro hero?

Any video editing program will trim or clip video by setting new start and end points of the video.

Most newer Windows system come with Windows Live Movie Maker.
Google has a free program called Picasa that might work for this too.

S Smith said:
Tim And Trish said:
Does anyone know how to crop the videos off of a gopro hero?

Any video editing program will trim or clip video by setting new start and end points of the video.

Most newer Windows system come with Windows Live Movie Maker.
Google has a free program called Picasa that might work for this too.

Thanks Steve. I need to upgrade the computer, laptop is a workout to carry around andoperating system is old as well.