• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Yup, I am gonna do it! - What tire offers most mileage for the C14?

lone-rider

Scooter
I ran ME880's on my C10 and coming up on 5000 miles my stock rim protectors are getting close to being done.

So, handling and performance be damned, what is the farthest distance folks have gotten from a C14 tire and which one was it?

Just got my '12 C14 in July, came w/ the Bridgestone Battleax B021.  They have 3500 miles on them, and still look like new

A lot of people (though not everyone) are getting excellent longevity out of Michelin Pilot Roads 2 & 3.

Lone-Rider said:
So, handling and performance be damned, what is the farthest distance folks have gotten from a C14 tire and which one was it?

Sounds like you're wanting to go to the "Dark Side".  :pokestick:

I run Avon Storm 2 Ultras, and usually get about 5000 miles out of the rear tires...sometimes less...lol.

I believe my rapid tire wear issues are with the excess weight I run, and the hooligan riding style...lol.

Ran a Michelin PR2 on the rear last year for a trip, and got about 11,000 miles out of it...BUT, that was a 190/55-17.

I have the stock tires with 5000 miles on them and they still have a lot of tread on them. The front is starting to show a strange wear pattern but still have plenty of tread left. I picked up a set of PR3's at a great price and am going to try them out when stock tread gets low but for now they still have a long way to go. Good luck.

I've been getting about 10k out of my Mich PR3 tires on my 08.  That is mostly highway miles and they don't get a serious flat spot, which is nice.  ;D

I recently changed out a PR3 rear with 8000 miles on it, it probably had another 1000 left, but I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and didn't want to take any chances. My front is still fine.

Alekkas said:
Ouch.  Not a lot of miles on any of them!

Yup, gonna be hard to get used to after running ME880's on the C10 and getting 18-20k on the rear and 22-24K on the front.

Seems to be a pretty variable thing though, hopefully I will be on the high end. I ordered some PR3's from Murph, will see how they go. I have a little over 5K on the stock tires, I expect they will be good for another 2-3K if I can use the sides a little more often. 

Bruce, if you like the stones,and then put on a pair of Mich Pilot Roads either the 2's or 3's, you will have to learn to ride your 14 again. Yes they make that much difference.

I got 15K out of a pair of Mich PR 2's. I can't speak for the PR 3's yet.

Thanks for the advice Tim.  As much as I like them, one thing I have noticed on these stockers, if they fall anywhere under 35lbs, they act as if they just got a patch of oil on them.