• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2013 SW regional Rally

OMoaC

[size=18pt]Red Rock ‘N Rally Cedar City UT.[/size]
June 7.8.9 2013
Rally is now posted on the calendar and registration is officially open. Follow this link to the web page that contains all the pertinent information. Register early to save a little coin. Thanks to the rally team and the behind the scenes supporters who without their help this could not have happened. See you all there.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=176528&mo=6&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D06%2D09%27%7D
These are committed sponsor's to date for the SW region Red Rock'n Rally. They are all COG Industry members. Please visit these fine sponsors websites and utilize them whenever possible. I know I will.
Please use these links as the Sponsors are able to track participation. In other words the more we support them the more they support us.
Aerostitch                                 http://www.aerostich.com/
Advanced Sport touring http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/
Riders of Kawasaki                 http://www.kawasaki.com/ROK/
Twisted Throttle                      http://www.twistedthrottle.com/utm_source=RallyOrganizersCOD_SW&utm_medium=web_email&utm_campaign=COGsouthwest]http://www.twistedthrottle.com/utm_source=RallyOrganizersCOD_SW&utm_medium=web_email&utm_campaign=COGsouthwest]http://www.twistedthrottle.com/[/url
Rok Straps                 http://www.rokstraps.com/
Whitehorse gear http://www.whitehorsegear.com/
Baldwin Motorbike saddles http://www.motorbikesaddles.com/

Yes, Thank you on working on this with others from the group! I look forward to going next year! Of course I need to buy you lunch much earlier than that! Need anything let me know.  :motonoises:

This is great to have plans for June and August of NEXT YEAR. But I need to fit something in by the end of the year.

DGOLD said:
This is great to have plans for June and August of NEXT YEAR. But I need to fit something in by the end of the year.
A wise man once told me "Plan it and they will come". :great:

Damn!
I'm a "snowbird." By June I'll be back home in BC and 1,900 klm is a little too far for me, especially right after the Bun Cooler the weekend before.
Enjoy!
Cheers
Dale

dboisclair said:
Damn!
I'm a "snowbird." By June I'll be back home in BC and 1,900 klm is a little too far for me, especially right after the Bun Cooler the weekend before.
Enjoy!
Cheers
Dale
I'll be at the BC Dale. C'mon down with me. Up through Lolo and a couple days in ID falls then Cedar City. Win Win :great: 1900 k is only like 6 miles anyway isn't it? :))

These are committed sponsor's to date for the SW region Red Rock'n Rally. They are all COG Industry members. Please visit these fine sponsors websites and utilize them whenever possible. I know I will. If the links don't work all responsibility is mine. :)
What can I say? I'm digitally challenged.  :))
Please use these links as the Sponsors are able to track participation. In other words the more we support them the more they support us.
Aerostitch                                 http://www.aerostich.com/
Advanced Sport touring http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/
Riders of Kawasaki                 http://www.kawasaki.com/ROK/
Twisted Throttle                 http://www.twistedthrottle.com/utm_source=RallyOrganizersCOD_SW&utm_medium=web_email&utm_campaign=COGsouthwest
Rok Straps                 http://www.rokstraps.com/

Room reservations are now open. They will be open until May 7 when all unclaimed rooms will be released. Currently we have 30 rooms blocked out. 20 Single kings and 10 twin queens for those that want to bunk up. Use SWCOG to reserve rooms. http://www.bwtowncountry.com/ 800.493.62 189 No Main ST. Cedar City UT. Room rate $79.99/night pus tax. 800.493.0062
This is gonna happen. The Rally team is up! :great: :beerchug: :motonoises: :)

Thanks, old man - king room booked!
Planning on taking two days to arrive - and enjoying the wonderful Colorado back roads on the way.
Looking forward to putting some faces-to-handles!

Bill, your the man. Pull some of you CO buddies in with ya! Mike B, getsome. Let's dance! :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :) ;)

For questions, comments, concerns email redrocknrally@cox.net. This info is also being included in the original post at top. :motonoises:

Rally artwork. Calender posting and online registration coming soon. :motonoises: :beerchug: :)

Attachments

• RRR - Final.pdf
    201.4 KB · Views: 118
DGOLD said:
Great artwork, will it be available on tee shirts?
Ain't it though? Yassir. Current planning is rally fee will cover 1 ea tshirt and din's/raffle. We hope to have extra T's for sale. Get your room reservations in to help us gauge interest and we'll get the registration online soon.

Well we are bidding vacation for 2013 and its still not my turn but these dates are gone... guess I am out.  :mad:

Brian said:
Well we are bidding vacation for 2013 and its still not my turn but these dates are gone... guess I am out.  :mad:
C'mon Brian. It's just a Friday off and the weekend. You can do this Buddy! :beerchug:

Here's the completed artwork for the Rally!!!

Logo design donated by my good friend...

Stephanie Dean-Perry
Sales Representative
JanSport brand back packs and casual logo apparel.
steph4logo@gmail.com

Shoot her some business if you can.....she's Awesome!!!

COG%2520SW%2520Rally%2520Logo%2520Final%2520Screenshot%2520JGP.jpg

Love it....it looks great. Looking forward to the ride and the T-Shirt! I will be making reservations in the next few days.  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

My Friend Mario with LD Comfort  http://www.ldcomfort.com/  has agreed to donate some gift certificates and items to our rally to help make it a success and has also generously posted a link to our rally on his website  http://www.ldcomfort.com/motorcyclerallies.htm  I have used LD Comfort gear for a few years now and would recommend it to anyone. I can't wait to try it out in my new roadcrafter suit. Please check them out and support those that support us. Thanks Mario and LD Comfort. :beerchug:

Check the OP link to the rally website. Jim has presented several routes in and out as well as 2 suggested routes for Rally day.

Shouldn't you at least have the date of the event on the first post of this thread? Or maybe even in the title. Took me a while to find it in the calendar. That calendar is not easy to navigate.

Doh!  I just noticed that it's not in post #1 in this rally announcement, or on the rally info/registration page. The only place it's shown is in the artwrok for the rally logo - not sufficient.

As Old Man's behind the scene's advisor for how to pull this together, I take responsibility for this oversight. Somebody let Harry know to pull the Flog'O'Matic(tm) out of the barn. Mark needs a good floggin'.  ;D

Well spank my backside and call me Sally. I will get that fixed ricky tick. Great catch. Thanks
I fixded it. Thanks Brent.

Seriously considering it...  This would be my first rally but looks like a blast and I love that area! 

Anyone else heading up from AZ?

LadyDi said:
Seriously considering it...  This would be my first rally but looks like a blast and I love that area! 

Welcome Aboard and pull that trigger Dianne. So far we've got folks coming in from CA, NV, UT and CO. Should be several C10 bikes there. Hope to see you there.

2 new suggested routes added. Click on the link in the OP to review. Mikes Loop is a collaboration. Thought up by Mike B. and plotted by Postrucks (Jim S.) at about 360 miles. A beautiful loop that I've done and cannot be beat. The Snow Canyon loop is a nice ride along the western side of the 15 with some incredible history along the way. A little bit of slab but an easy and entertaining day ride. Make sure to get your registration in. It's really shaping up nicely. Thanks for your work on these routes Jim.

The Snow Canyon Route is really nice, I highly recommend it, especially if you are a history buff.

As a side note. Anyone willing to send me pics of their Utah adventure I will put in a slide show we can project during registration and the banquet. redrocknrally@cox.net  :beerchug:

LadyDi said:

One Connie from Bullhead, AZ going two-up, with Reta, my better half, piloting from the pillon seat, "go faster, go faster, there's whoops ahead" :motonoises:.

Hope to see you at the BTL-OATMAN RIDE.  It's on the calendar for April 6th, 2013.

Bert

Snow Canyon route has been edited to include Mountain Meadow. A very important site in American western history. We have folks registered from CA, NV and UT. Need the folks from CO, AZ and NM to jump in here. Like to see riders from each of the SW area states represented here. :motonoises: :great:

MikeB said:
Welcome Bert!!

And good on ya'!  Looking forward to meeting and riding with ya'!

Mike
Likewise, you live in a great state.  About 2 years ago Reta & I went to an amateur astronomy conference at Bryce.  I've lived in 3 countries, twice removed from my country of birth. You could say my parents and I have been around the block a time or two.  Bryce Canyon National Park absolutely stole my heart and I don't know exactly why.  Maybe it was the jet black night skies with super transparent viewing conditions ideal for astronomy or perhaps it was the spectacular majesty of Bryce and Rainbow Points.  Whatever it was it holds a special place for us.  We enjoy Zion but it's not quite the same - different strokes for different folks.

As a state we really enjoy what I like to call the nook's and cranny's in Utah, the pleasant surprises, be they places, events or the people we run into there.

good on ya' for living there :great:.

Bert

14 registered so far. All States in the SW area represented so far (including an adventurous soul from WY) except for New Mexico so I make this offer. Any rider (from NM)registering for this event I will buy you the first adult beverage (or other) of your choice at Friday sign in. So it is written, so it shall be done. Make sure to take advantage of the early registration discount and make sure you get your room res in before cutoff.  :motonoises:

Old Man on a Connie said:
Any rider (from NM)registering for this event I will buy you the first adult beverage (or other) of your choice at Friday sign in. So it is written, so it shall be done.

And I'll buy your second!!
:beerchug:

MikeB said:
Any rider (from NM)registering for this event I will buy you the first adult beverage (or other) of your choice at Friday sign in. So it is written, so it shall be done.

If we all buy the group a drink over the weekend that would be about right. It would cost about the same as your own tab I would guess!! :beerchug:

DGOLD said:
MikeB said:

If we all buy the group a drink over the weekend that would be about right. It would cost about the same as your own tab I would guess!! :beerchug:
Hmmmmmmmmmm.........Alright.

ZGrapeEscape said:
Booked a king and registered.  See y'all in Utah!  :beerchug:

Randy Brazie
Clio, CA
Good on Ya Randy. C U there. A good question came up today for everyones FYI. The hotel is divided into a town side and across the street a country side (hence BW Town and Country). The hotel told me today that some folks are using the BW website or another hotel booking site and are finding rates a couple bucks cheaper. And that's OK BUT.......you may not be in the same block of rooms as the rally or even on the same side of the street. We blocked these rooms out as they are an L shaped around the pool and the outdoor area where we will be having the banquet. They are also all ground floor so can park your bike in front of your room and should provide good socializing and tire kicking. All rooms have a fridge and the Grocery Store for adult beverages is walking distance across the street (does it get any better)? Let me know if questions.

scooter said:
Old man on a Connie are you by chance coming thru cedar city before the regional ride in june?
Yassir. See the Rally Recon part duex thread for plans if you want to jump in for a bit. Heading to the Bun Cooler to be misused and abused by the NW group, coupla days in Idaho Falls ID for some national route work then back down to hang with my SW friends. :motonoises:

Don't know if I can do the bun cooler ride at that time yet,I'm signed up for the regional already. Maybe we could hook up if your staying here.

scooter said:
Don't know if I can do the bun cooler ride at that time yet,I'm signed up for the regional already. Maybe we could hook up if your staying here.
Stopping and going but do plan on meeting there if your available. I'll shoot you an email. Then over to ELY NV and up if you want to hop in for a couple miles.

scooter said:
Stopping and going but do plan on meeting there if your available. I'll shoot you an email. Then over to ELY NV and up if you want to hop in for a couple miles.

Be careful scooter...it'll probably cost ya breakfast, or something! :rotflmao:

Attachments

• Durango Ride Sept 2012 001.jpg
    Durango Ride Sept 2012 001.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 117
Yeah keep me informed on the timing the more notice the better maybe I could do some miles with ya a day ride or something. Breakfast or beer it don't matter to me. You got it

CRocker said:
scooter said:

Be careful scooter...it'll probably cost ya breakfast, or something! :rotflmao:
I think I'm starting to get e Rep. :)

What can you expect to see at the Red Rock'n Rally?

Attachments

• jiminescalante.JPG
    jiminescalante.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 125
A little American History? The Mountain Meadow Massacre was considered the largest Mass Murder in America until the attacks on the world trade centers. Both ironically took place on Sept. 11.

Attachments

• utah1.JPG
    utah1.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 113
Hasn't been a bump in awhile. Currently 22 registered. This looks really good and I expect we will have over 40 participants. We have at least 2 currently coming down from the NW area and 1 from the NC area. You may be able to sell your Tshirt for megabucks on Ebay  :)) 'cause there's only one place to get 'em. Keep in mind the cutoff dates for early reg and the cutoff date for rooms to take advantage of the group discount. C U in Cedar City. :great:

Just registered!  Looking for COG'ers traveling from Denver.  I'll re-read all the posts to see if someone from Denver has already posted.

Rob

denver6 said:
Just registered!  Looking for COG'ers traveling from Denver.  I'll re-read all the posts to see if someone from Denver has already posted.

Rob
Good on ya Rob. Crocker and Notsluggo are coming down and I'm purty sure they'll jump in here. C U in CC. :great:

Rob,

My plan right now is to leave Denver Wed afternoon...probably stay in Grand Junction that night...get into CC around mid-day Thursday...

Hi,
New member out of Denver, registered for the ride and looking for riders leaving from here to ride with.

Brad

CRocker is taking a Northern route and notsluggo is taking a Southern route.  I really want to hit 550 on the way out, so I am going to take the Southern route.  Looking forward to it already! :beerchug: :beerchug:

Very Cool because we need to discuss that avatar.

Attachments

• 9-6-2010 12;55;19 PMsmall.jpg
    9-6-2010 12;55;19 PMsmall.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 103
Thanks for the heads up old man, I will get in touch with him and any others and see which way is up. It looks like we have people going in all directions! Just remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Speedratchet said:
Hi,
New member out of Denver, registered for the ride and looking for riders leaving from here to ride with.

Brad

Welcome Brad,

Congrats and thanks for joining up!!  Look forward to meeting up with you in Cedar City!!! 
Oh yeah, be sure to ask Bradman (CRocker) about the free breakfast.  Good stuff!!! :great:

Mike

MikeB said:
Speedratchet said:
Hi,

Brad

Welcome Brad,

Congrats and thanks for joining up!!  Look forward to meeting up with you in Cedar City!!! 
Oh yeah, be sure to ask Bradman (CRocker) about the free breakfast.  Good stuff!!! :great:

Mike

Thanks for the welcome Mike, I'm looking forward to meeting any and all members when I can. oh yeah, and I'll look into this breakfast thing with CRocker.

Brad

Speed -
I'll be setting up a meet & greet with Denver 6 'fore too long to discuss route potentials.  I'll be sure to clue you in.
Welcome to the fray. :beerchug:

Speedratchet said:
MikeB said:
Speedratchet said:
Hi,

Brad

Welcome Brad,

Mike

Thanks for the welcome Mike, I'm looking forward to meeting any and all members when I can. oh yeah, and I'll look into this breakfast thing with CRocker.

Brad

OK, Brad, here's the story on the free breakfast thing:  MikeB has been promising me a free breakfast for almost six years...and, he hasn't come through yet...so, you might as well have it...if you can get him to pay up!  :rotflmao: 

OK, Brad, here's the story on the free breakfast thing:  MikeB has been promising me a free breakfast for almost six years...and, he hasn't come through yet...so, you might as well have it...if you can get him to pay up!  :rotflmao:

Many a tall tale has drifted from the east side of the Rockies, must be the down draft.  :eek:

Countdown T-85 days. Tick Tock. If you haven't registered yet keep in mind the early reg discount cutoff. Also remember the block room rate disappears 30 days prior to the event. Final countdown has begun and the rally elves are busy handling final logisitics. (Sorry, Just picturing Mike B in a pointy green hat and curly toed shoe's  :)) ). Long range weather guesser predictions look great. C U in CC :motonoises: :great:

Just got a report from Rally Central. 10 rooms left in the original block. The block can be expanded but again It all closes 30 day's prior to the event. FYI.

Registered and reservations made.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

CaffeineMan said:
Registered and reservations made.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.
I knew it. Lemme know what your doing for the Oatman ride. C U in CC! :beerchug:

Heh.  And to complete the hat trick I registered for the National as well.  ;D

I'll post my Oatman plans in that thread...

CaffeineMan said:
Heh.  And to complete the hat trick I registered for the National as well.  ;D

I'll post my Oatman plans in that thread...
Yer the Cman! :beerchug:

Booked my room!  :motonoises:

Going to contact Dan Bergmen and try to talk him into coming as well.......... :great:  He lives about an hour north of me and will try to get him to ride out with me.

Gregg

Made my reservation today but still not sure of my safety officer.

Should I ask some non Concours buddies if they would be interested?

Anyone coming from Southern California? Want some company on the road?

Welcome DGold and SkyDriver!!!  Couldn't be happier to have you along!

Mark, check the totals.  For a couple of hacks, we're rocking this thing!!  :beerchug:
Now, If I could only get Sammy to commit.  :-[  The Red Rock'n Rally needs the Red Rocker!!!  :great:

What is the count up to now?  If I develop agoraphobia between then and now, I may have to stay home...