• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2018 National Rally - The Three Sisters Rally Kerrville, TX - SC

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
The club has had a tradition of announcing next year's rally dates to allow folks to pencil it in and plan vacation as needed.  A little birdie has told me the dates for the 2018 COG National Rally will be June 11 - 14, 2018.

Dang!  we're not going to be able to make it.  those dates conflict with Denise's school graduation.  bummer.  :'(

S Smith said:
The club has had a tradition of announcing next year's rally dates to allow folks to pencil it in and plan vacation as needed.  A little birdie has told me the dates for the 2018 COG National Rally will be June 11 - 14, 2018.

Hmmm... Monday thru Thursday. Interesting. 

Now that I am retired I have the time off to go. But now I have different limitations.  :-[

Will have to play it by ear. Lots of time between now and then.

June works for me! (I don't hold vacation in mid July or August yet with 30 plus years of service and less than 5 years away from retirement.)

:confuse:Normally that announcement is made by the ED. Wonder why the NEAD is making it?  I"m not a big believer in coincidence.

Ranger Jim said:
:confuse:Normally that announcement is made by the ED. Wonder why the NEAD is making it?  I"m not a big believer in coincidence.

Hmmm! 
Actually Mr. Smith was doing me a big favor.
That and, coincidentally, we like to always keeping y'all guessing.

Riiiiight. And "the check's in the mail" and "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."  :rotflmao:

I think the trend toward June is driven by pricing at the venues.  Most all venues go way up in July and August since they can get it.  That is why school needs to be year round but allowed to miss one month a year.  Then maybe the prices would not jump.

smithr1 said:
I think the trend toward June is driven by pricing at the venues.  Most all venues go way up in July and August since they can get it.  That is why school needs to be year round but allowed to miss one month a year.  Then maybe the prices would not jump.
That and even more so the tendency to be somewhat less HOT in June almost anywhere in the country. 

smithr1 said:

I find it interesting that the OP gave me some static about hosting the 2016 National in June, yet the next two are also being held in June. Something regarding school still being in session. The majority of the GA schools get out around Memorial Day and start back around the first week of August. If a National was held in August, we probably wouldn't attend as my better half would be back in school.

Weather, Location, Cost, Availability. The 4 cards in the deck. Shuffle as you see fit. Some of these are the same card with 2 sides just to mess with your head. We going NE in 18 Steve? The rumor mills are running full tilt. I'm gonna have to buy tires dammit. And get my Jersey turn pike pass.  :beerchug: :)

Old Man on a Connie said:
Weather, Location, Cost, Availability. The 4 cards in the deck. Shuffle as you see fit. Some of these are the same card with 2 sides just to mess with your head. We going NE in 18 Steve? The rumor mills are running full tilt. I'm gonna have to buy tires dammit. And get my Jersey turn pike pass.  :beerchug: :)

Mark, with you being on the Board, you should know where it is being held, right??

If I have to ride through NY or NJ, we'll probably pass on 2018. But if it is in VA/WV/PA, we will probably attend.

MotoCommuter said:

Mark, with you being on the Board, you should know where it is being held, right??

If I have to ride through NY or NJ, we'll probably pass on 2018. But if it is in VA/WV/PA, we will probably attend.

just to counter-balance Kurt  :nananana:  if we do it in the NE, I'd say the farther north the better.  I've never ridden that area of the country, so getting to see more of it would be nice.  besides, if it IS NE, I KNOW Denise will make every effort to get out of work to go.  :)

MotoCommuter said:

Stern fans will get this.

Attachments

• e59cf9176ecae06e8b49a25d50a77a60.jpg
    e59cf9176ecae06e8b49a25d50a77a60.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 102
NE eh?

I realize that Canada is out for logistical and legal reasons, what with border crossings, passport requirements etc. (and also for you gun-totin' folks  :truce:)  but some where northerly (Upstate NY, VT, or NH) would be awesome.  This is strictly selfish on my part, since the extra days riding to/from the rally (when it was further away) made it a no-go for me.  However my gain would be someone else's pain...  :(

Though it can be scenic...

Oh well....

Jamie

If your hinting that maybe we could do a National in Canada someday?
"YES"!!!  Someone put it on, and folks will be there!

By the way.
COG National; June 11 - 14, 2018 (somewhere)
We'll be there!!

Ride safe, Ted  (retired)

PS: Is it too early to start guessing where it will be?
      I suggest West Coast!!
        If so, {Sport Rider} Denise can fly in...

Plugging in all yhe data into the cog nos location rally revenue computer leads me to believe its yhe NORTHWESTS turn...    anybody check wiyh the folks in las vegas to see what the line is ..??

Howdy all!!!

Concours Owners Group South  Central Area is proud to announce The Three Sisters Rally in Kerrville, Texas.

June 11th through the 15th, 2018.

http://concours.org/national/2018-national-rally

Please log in for additional updates coming in the next few weeks.

The Three Sisters Rally Committee

So much for logic....

Route choices have me choosing between Shreveport or New Orleans on the trip over. What kind of choice is that??

Attachments

• COG 2018.JPG
    COG 2018.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 121
Volcantour said:
So much for logic....

Route choices have me choosing between Shreveport or New Orleans on the trip over. What kind of choice is that??

I would say it depends on the Journey.

Staying at Breaux Bridge or Lafayette overnight is a great experience for LA food, I 10 through Houston and then San Antonio to Kerrville is not bad.

Coming through I20 to DFW, you  do not want to take I35 to San Antonio. I have a great route from DFW on back roads, it is about 5 hours from DFW to the YO. We will have the routes in *.GPX and other formats soon.

There are many roads in the Hill Country besides the Three Sisters that are technical and challenging.

Let me know what you want to experience on the Journey!

Craig

Hmmmm wouldn't be hard to talk SWMBO into this.  Making plans to attend this and then the GCE Rally the next month!  :great:

June average for Kerrville is 89 degrees F for the high.

There's ridging in the latter part of the week this week so the temps are above normal.

Maybe the glass is half full? ;D

I may never get to go to another COG National Rally again....

But I sure do like watching folks discuss how bad last years/this years/next yeas location is...  >:D

Camper Dave said:

But I sure do like watching folks discuss how bad last years/this years/next yeas location is...  >:D

I've been to 3 in a row - all AWESOME!

Missed this year - I'm sure it was great.

Won't make next year - I'm sure it will be great, too  :great:

I just can't get my helmet on if temps are above 85* while humidity is above 60%:-/ Luckily, others are better riders than me in this regard.

:beerchug:

Camper Dave said:

It is a recurrent theme!!!  ;D    I'll admit to that guilty pleasure over the years too.

1500 miles from me, but I really don't care... this is on my list,  even momma was excited, and also commented on the heat... but hey, ride nekid...
The venue also looks cool, but I will note, it is a very hotel/motel rich environment, something for every level of affordability, and within walking distance of each other....

And mosst of all... a day ride to watch "the BATS".... :great: :great:

Oh, and we can all go hang out at Rev's house.... :great: :great: :rotflmao: >:D :))

ManWorkingHere said:
Gixerhp said:
Ouch 2069 Miles one way  :-[

"Only" 1371 miles one way for me from Milwaukee, WI.  My ex-pillon rolled her eyes and said, 'You're not going that far, are you?'

And that is why her first name is 'ex'  :motonoises:

This was originally a COG listserv post circa early 2000’s written by Bob Chappell, COG 1283. I feel there is value to toss this out there every so often. The rally list has been updated to reflect all to the present. National rally history can also be found the club web site. FWIW - Bob's post was the inspiration for my sig tag line.

[quote author=Bob Chappell]
Note: The following is not intended to rekindle any hot debates over when/where COG National Rallies should be held, but is presented for informational purposes only. With all the banter about the time-of-year and location of COG Nationals, I thought the following might be of interest. Listed are the National Rallies held (& to be held) from 1990 through present.

Once upon a time, COG tried to appease everyone by holding a “National Rally Series” every year, covering the Eastern, Central and Western parts of the country, and spanning the calendar from Spring until Autumn. If memory serves, this got to be an extremely heavy burden to bear on an annual basis, so Nationals were cut back to one a year – with a notable exception in 2000. Why a "rolling rally" that year? Because the enthusiasm and volunteerism where present to support the concept. Note the number of National Rallies since 1990. How many other motorcycle organizations like COG can make that claim?

Since COG Nationals have been promoted as family events, it's only logical that they be held during the summer months. As far as location... Well, if we don't raise our hands and shout, “ME, ME!”, we shouldn't expect to see a National in our neck of the woods, nor complain when it's not.

And that's all I have to say about that. For now  :)

1990: Colorado Springs, CO, September.
1991: Cody, WY. July
1992: Eastern National, Front Royal, VA to Asheville, NC, early May.
        Western National, Banff, AB, Canada, late June.
1993: Eastern National, North Carolina, May 17-21.
          Western National, Colorado, August 9-13.
          Central National, Wisconsin, October 1-3.
1994: Central National, Eureka Springs, Arkansas, May 2-6.
          Western National, Sonora, California, August 8-12.
1995: Eastern "'94 in '95", Tennessee, May 23-27.
          Western National, Oregon, July 24-28.
          Central National, Ohio, September 6-10.
1996: “Ride the Rockies”, Avon, Colorado, August 5-9.
1997: “COG-motion Along the Ocean”, NB-PEI-NS, Canada, May 31-June 4.
1998: “Texas Hill Country Tour”, Fredericksburg, Texas, June 14-19.
1999: “National 99”, Merrimac, Wisconsin, July 26-30.
2000: “Continental Drift” Part 1, Brian Head, Utah, July 8-10.
          “Continental Drift” Part 2, Mountain Home, Arkansas, July 13-16.
          “Continental Drift” Part 3, Natural Bridge, Virginia, July 19-22.
2001: “The Odyssey”, Klamath Falls, Oregon, July 2-6.
2002: “Colorado, Canyons & the Concours”, Montrose, Colorado, July 8-12.
2003: “Mountain Do”, Asheville, North Carolina, June 16-20.
2004: “Flood City National”, Johnstown, Pennsylvania, July 13-17.
2005: “Cascade Connection”, Centralia, WA, August 1-5.
2006: “High Plains Drifter”, Hill City, SD, June 26 – July 1.
2007: “COG in Canaan”, Canaan Valley, WV August 7-12.
2008: “COG @ 10,000”, Frisco, CO, June 2-6.
2009: ”Shiftin’ n Grinnin’ National”, Fontana Dam NC, June 8-11
2010: “Follow the Alphabet Roads”, Tomah, WI, July 12-16
2011: “Green Mountain National”, Mt Snow, West Dover, VT, August 8-12
2012: “No Bad Roads Rally”, Eureka Springs, AR, June 11-15
2013: “Rock Mountain Rendezvous” , Idaho Falls, ID, August 26-30
2014:  COG Silverdamit Anniversary, Johnson City, TN, June 16-20
2015:  “Concours in the Corners”, Cortez, CO, June 15-19
2016:  “Backyard Rally”, Helen GA, June 20-24
2017:  “Show Me MO Twisties”, Lake Ozark, Missouri, June 12-16
2018: “Three Sister Rally”, Kerrville Texas, June 11-14

Some stats gleaned from the rally info:

National Rally Tally
Host Areas        Rally Dates

NE (6)              May (5)
NC (6)              Jun (10)
NW [6]              Jul [10]
SE [6]              Aug [7]
SC [4]              Sep [2]
SW [8]              Oct [1]

[/quote]

MAN OF BLUES said:
1500 miles from me, but I really don't care... this is on my list,  even momma was excited, and also commented on the heat... but hey, ride nekid...
The venue also looks cool, but I will note, it is a very hotel/motel rich environment, something for every level of affordability, and within walking distance of each other....

And mosst of all... a day ride to watch "the BATS".... :great: :great:

Oh, and we can all go hang out at Rev's house.... :great: :great: :rotflmao: >:D :))

OH RATZ!!!!

I'm finally home and settled for a minute and guess what????  Rev don't live close to there no more.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

But my Wingman, Hub, still lives there.  ;) 

And he has a bigger shop than I do.  >:D

And he was hopin' the National would be 2000 miles away since he plans to go next year. (I called and said, "Hey, are you going to make the National next year with me?"  He said, "Dang skippy I is!"  THen I told him it was a couple miles from his porch.    :D

I've enjoyed almost everywhere I've ever ridden, but Texas Hill Country still rocks my world.  I'd seriously consider returning there to retire... well, if I ever get a job again so I CAN retire someday.  ::)

Careful Chuck, don't tell folks your unemployed... :nananana: :truce: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I have to say tho, Social Security checks giving me the money I earned after close to 40 years of "contributing", does take the "sting" out,  :rotflmao: ;)
Enjoy life, its all we have... ;)

MAN OF BLUES said:
Careful Chuck, don't tell folks your unemployed... :nananana: :truce: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I reckon I've been in "time out" for the past year, but things are looking up.

I have to say tho, Social Security checks giving me the money I earned after close to 40 years of "contributing", does take the "sting" out,  :rotflmao: ;)
Enjoy life, its all we have... ;)

I'm still a long way from being able to get much of anything from SS.  Only 60 right now.  By the time I'm 66 or 68, they will have moved it to 75. LOL 

I highly suggest that folks make the Nimitz Museum a destination while at next years rally.

Incentive to come;
Our family is going to do a Plaque Presentation on July 8. {to honor our 4 Uncles that served in the Pacific during WW-II}.
Anyone that finds and takes a picture of that plaque while at next years National,,, gets a beer.

If e'nuff succeed, I'll set up a Keg.
    Hope ya'll like "Lone Star"...

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I just registered at the YO Ranch Motel for the National...
            Mebbe I was first???

Camper Dave said:

I bet you will..............................
jason

When I became and AD I found out quick I should not put a post up here till I read it like the other guy reads it first.  I think all of us could live by that.  If you don't want it said to you or about you then just hit backspace till you don't.

1200 miles one way for me.
I think I can fit a small A/C unit in my saddle bag and plumb a flexible hose to the spacesuit I will need to buy.

Question is...which suit to buy?
Decisions, decisions...

check-out-the-evolution-of-the-space-suit-41-hq-photos-43-768x501.jpg

Harry, pic ! looks like the sturdiest helmet, but lace up boots!!?  I'd opt for #2, has better visibility.  #3 looks like a gray Michelin Man....

Harry Martin said:
I think I can fit a small A/C unit in my saddle bag and plumb a flexible hose to the spacesuit I will need to buy.

Decisions, decisions...

Here ya go Harry

http://entrosys.com/

Harry Martin said:

Decisions, decisions...

the lace up boots and more importantly,  the lack of visibility in the helmet kill #1 for me.

Ok, everyone chill!!
Lets talk about something of interest to all of us.
  For instance,,, Harry Martin's {Martian} suit..

Harry, "Old Buddy"...
I suggest you choose suit #1 and turn the helmet around backwards...  :nananana:
On the air conditioner, I suggest you put some ice cubes in your shorts...  :great:

Glad I could help!  :)

"Now", as much as I enjoyed that;
        (on this discussion we are supposed to be talking "ABOUT" the 2018 National).
                  So, "I" will!

I'm excited about the National being in Kerrville next year. (It's close to me!!)
Those of you that have been posting the distance to Kerrville, are forgetting that we've been traveling similar distances to the Nationals for years.

There ya go.
        I talked about the 2018 National and it was positive... glass / "half full"..     <grin>

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Ok, everyone chill!!
Lets talk about something of interest to all of us.
  For instance,,, Harry Martin's {Martian} suit..

Harry, "Old Buddy"...
I suggest you choose suit #1 and turn the helmet around backwards...  :nananana:
On the air conditioner, I suggest you put some ice cubes in your shorts...  :great:

Glad I could help!  :)

"Now", as much as I enjoyed that;
        (on this discussion we are supposed to be talking "ABOUT" the 2018 National).
                  So, "I" will!

I'm excited about the National being in Kerrville next year. (It's close to me!!)
Those of you that have been posting the distance to Kerrville, are forgetting that we've been traveling similar distances to the Nationals for years.

There ya go.
        I talked about the 2018 National and it was positive... glass / "half full"..     <grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Okaaaaaay Ted...
How did ya knows I was sitting backwards and needed to turn the helmet round?
Yous a pretty smart guy!  :great:

I just split off some "off-topic content"

feel free to resume your normal 2018 national rally conversation.

Harry Martin said:

Decisions, decisions...

Harry, talk to Marty Cobb. He has a Veskimo, which I'm sure he'll be wearing to next year's national rally if he goes.

I typically ride through the summer of our beloved blast furnace in Texas. When I ride, I try to get going early - by 7:00 AM at least and try to be done by noon before the thermometer reaches 5,000 degrees. If I do ride longer than that, I try to stay indoors in air conditioning during the afternoon until the thermometer gets down below 5,000 degrees for the ride home.

People joke about dry heat versus a humid heat. Personally, I'd much rather ride in 100 degree heat with less than 10% humidity than 80 degrees with greater than 80% humidity any day of the week. It makes a huge difference to me. You do have to stop more frequently for water breaks in that kind of heat or you'll dehydrate pretty quickly. I am in complete agreement with Fais on the humidity factor.

OK, here's a little info and a thought;
  I joined COG in 2000.
      Went to my first National in 2002 {Montrose Colorado}, expecting cooler weather than Houston.. (100+*).
            This year I went to Missouri expecting cooler weather than Houston.. (92+*).

You might wonder,, what's my point..
    That's EZ;  "it's summertime".. It can be hot "anywhere".
                          Dress for the heat and c'mon down.
        We'll be glad to see all of ya.  {err, Except for Harry}

Think of it this way; When winter comes and your a_____e deep in snow, you can remember the nice heat you had in Texas!!

Glad I could help.  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

Rallies I attended marked in Blue.

2000: “Continental Drift” Part 1, Brian Head, Utah, July 8-10.
          “Continental Drift” Part 2, Mountain Home, Arkansas, July 13-16.
          “Continental Drift” Part 3, Natural Bridge, Virginia, July 19-22.
2001: “The Odyssey”, Klamath Falls, Oregon, July 2-6.
2002: “Colorado, Canyons & the Concours”, Montrose, Colorado, July 8-12.
2003: “Mountain Do”, Asheville, North Carolina, June 16-20.
2004: “Flood City National”, Johnstown, Pennsylvania, July 13-17.

2005: “Cascade Connection”, Centralia, WA, August 1-5.
2006: “High Plains Drifter”, Hill City, SD, June 26 – July 1.

2018: “Three Sister Rally”, Kerrville Texas, June 11-14  "Plan to attend"

That is 13 rallies.
    Who's been to more???

Ride safe, Ted

I did thee last 8 years straight and I thought for a long time I would not miss one ever again.
I missed this years and I will not be going to next years. I do miss everyone but I have my reasons.

Daytona_Mike said:
I did thee last 8 years straight and I thought for a long time I would not miss one ever again.
I missed this years and I will not be going to next years. I do miss everyone but I have my reasons.
Mike, bummed you and the crew were not at MO Twisties. :( Why not TX? No need to answer that, I am on the fence right now as well. The thunderstorms across the states are going to catch up with me one of these days. I'm kind of thinking fly and hang with my kin folk for a week instead of the 2K trek on the bike. Til we meet again :singing:

Gumby said:
Daytona_Mike said:
Mike, bummed you and the crew were not at MO Twisties. :( Why not TX? No need to answer that, I am on the fence right now as well. The thunderstorms across the states are going to catch up with me one of these days. I'm kind of thinking fly and hang with my kin folk for a week instead of the 2K trek on the bike. Til we meet again :singing:

I'm with you Tom...  already started pricing flights.

Joined in 2007
2018: “Three Sister Rally”, Kerrville Texas, June 11-14  "Plan to attend"

Been to all but the red I think I have a better percentage than Ted

Put my name on yer card Mark... Talk about trippin' the light fantastic.  :beerchug:  My singin' and yer dancin'... no one should miss this thing.

I just wanted to make a comment about this rally and location.

Yes it sucks to have it in summer(late spring).  Chances are though that even less people could make it if we had it in spring or fall with the school year, snow up north and other holidays.  The chances of weather making a mess of everything in spring and fall is much greater also.

Distance is something we all deal with.  I opted out of Vermont because it was just to far for us that year.  It is a personal choice.  They about MAKE us have a rally in every area of COG even the SC.  We only have two really good riding areas.  The last one in 2012 was as far north as we could make it.  That area is only about 170 miles from this years rally.  Central Texas in June is almost the only choice they had.  I am sure it will be a smaller rally but for those that make it I would think the team will do everything in their power to make it a great rally. 

There is not a single COG member that lives within a 100 miles of the rally site.  That is about the same as 2012.  I planed that rally from 600 miles away.  No members lived close.  Our biggest regional rallies usually only have about 25 SC attendees.  It is not easy for us to support a national rally and form a strong team.  We may have to have help from other areas.  It will happen though because we all do not want to go to the same place every year and we all don't want to have to go 1500 miles every year.  That is why the rally moves, so you can see and be someplace new.  I go out of my way to see new stuff all the time.

Ya'll come if you can.  I may not even be able to make it because of my retirement trip but I am sure the guys holding the rally will do their best to make it worth the trip.

I'm looking at flights, too. For the wife, for the wife!! Closest airport is San Antonio, 63 miles. Now, just gotta figure how to get her from the airport to Kerrville (and back!). Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna ride out or, GASP!, trailer.  :-\ Don't hate me...at least I plan to be there!

Oh yeah, the only National I've missed since '07 was Cortez. And they all were hot (warmish) except Frisco ('08). Even Tomah,WI had 104 heat indexes!

It looks like I've got a "go" on this already. My wife this morning posted this on the Book of Faces along with a picture of the nearby Presbyterian retreat (she's a minister like Rev):

"Ed's motorcycle rally is in Kerrville, TX next year. I will go with and surely head to Mo Ranch. I miss this special place."

I suspect that we'll trailer so we can swap off driving. I'm OK with that. It'll give her wheels to make her side trip.

Eddie and Ed, we may have to tag team up. My wife is a trooper, but if not for the smart phone, she'd have gone nuts on the trip to Missouri. She flew to Durango and I picked her up @ 1:00 am and took her to Cortez. Nowhere to fly to in Missouri, so she drove with me. I can't decide (yet) if I'm hauling the bike and staying in a hotel or hauling the trailer and camping. But there's time....

Maybe there's a new article for the wives: "COG Air Travel Stories."

Swampcat said:
It looks like I've got a "go" on this already. My wife this morning posted this on the Book of Faces along with a picture of the nearby Presbyterian retreat (she's a minister like Rev):

"Ed's motorcycle rally is in Kerrville, TX next year. I will go with and surely head to Mo Ranch. I miss this special place."

I suspect that we'll trailer so we can swap off driving. I'm OK with that. It'll give her wheels to make her side trip.
Ed, MoRanch is a special place to us as well.  My wife was Executive Administrative Assistant to the President (what a title) there for 10 years that David Jordan was the president.  In fact, if you call Mo Ranch, it's still her voice that answers the phone system though she's been gone from there for around 9 years.  The current president was my roomie in seminary at Austin too.  My wife can outrun anyone on that road. LOL

Eddie-FL said:
I'm looking at flights, too. For the wife, for the wife!! Closest airport is San Antonio, 63 miles. Now, just gotta figure how to get her from the airport to Kerrville (and back!). Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna ride out or, GASP!, trailer.  :-\ Don't hate me...at least I plan to be there!

Oh yeah, the only National I've missed since '07 was Cortez. And they all were hot (warmish) except Frisco ('08). Even Tomah,WI had 104 heat indexes!
Eddie, the cheapest way I can think of is to get her an Enterprise Rent A Car at the airport.  She can return it in Kerrville for the week and then get another to return if she wants.  They are pretty reasonable.  No one could make the trip to get her much cheaper.  But if that's what someone wants, I'm betting it can be figured out.  I might be able to help.  My wife will be there with her car I'm sure and that is our old stompin' grounds (lived in Kerrpatch for 20 years almost). There's always a way.

Rev Ryder said:
Eddie-FL said:

Eddie, the cheapest way I can think of is to get her an Enterprise Rent A Car at the airport.  She can return it in Kerrville for the week and then get another to return if she wants.  They are pretty reasonable.  No one could make the trip to get her much cheaper.  But if that's what someone wants, I'm betting it can be figured out.  I might be able to help.  My wife will be there with her car I'm sure and that is our old stompin' grounds (lived in Kerrpatch for 20 years almost). There's always a way.
Rental car? Doh, why didn't I think of that? Hmmm... I sense the start of a plan! Thanks, Chuck.

We and others will be passing thru San Antonio on the way there...
We could squeeze 1 or 2 in the truck. I'm sure others can too..
Several COGgers live in the San Antonio area too.

As we get closer, I'm sure we can figure something out.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
We and others will be passing thru San Antonio on the way there...
We could squeeze 1 or 2 in the truck. I'm sure others can too..
Several COGgers live in the San Antonio area too.

As we get closer, I'm sure we can figure something out.

Ride safe, Ted
Make sure you leave room for my squeezins.  :beerchug:

Rev Ryder said:
Swampcat said:

Ed, MoRanch is a special place to us as well.  My wife was Executive Administrative Assistant to the President (what a title) there for 10 years that David Jordan was the president.  In fact, if you call Mo Ranch, it's still her voice that answers the phone system though she's been gone from there for around 9 years.  The current president was my roomie in seminary at Austin too.  My wife can outrun anyone on that road. LOL
I'll mention that to her. Small world, but I guess I should not be surprised since Laurie spent over 20 years in Texas, with most of that in San Antonio. She was Laurie Spencer then, and was married to Blake Spencer, another minister. Don't know if either of those names ring a bell to you or your wife.

Swampcat said:
Rev Ryder said:
Swampcat said:

I'll mention that to her. Small world, but I guess I should not be surprised since Laurie spent over 20 years in Texas, with most of that in San Antonio. She was Laurie Spencer then, and was married to Blake Spencer, another minister. Don't know if either of those names ring a bell to you or your wife.
I just told Dolores about this and she said she'd love to take Laurie to Mo. She says those names sound familiar but doesn't really know them.  The pastor and associate at Kerrville are good friends.  I gave up a position at FPCkerrville so that Rob could be hired back in 03 (I was going to seminary in 04 anyway) and then I took the associate on mission trips when she was in middle and high school before that time.  I told her I figured she'd go to seminary some day... now she's back there as a pastor.    :D

We'll be packing up the Rollin' Ramada and heading to the national in 2018. Hopefully the younger crew will be with us as well. We can't miss the get together with Snarf and wife and maybe some on the NE crew. We've missed one rally in the last several years in Idaho because we were closing on our house. Heck, Blaise made the 25th Anniversary rally less than one week after his radiation treatments.  :great:  Rallies are our destination vacations now!

Gonna try to make this one.  Shoulder may not be better for fall, so I'll save my money for this one.  First National for me.

Old Man are you riding?  Trailering?  Flying?  I will be riding and I need some good routes from about Las Cruces down to Kerrville.

CaffeineMan said:
Gonna try to make this one.  Shoulder may not be better for fall, so I'll save my money for this one.  First National for me.

Old Man are you riding?  Trailering?  Flying?  I will be riding and I need some good routes from about Las Cruces down to Kerrville.
Prolly ridin C'man. Hopefully escorting the Euro OtP (Hint Hint). You get to enjoy the 126 degree F in DV? Let's co ordinate. I'll start a SW travel thread.

CaffeineMan said:

Prolly ridin C'man. Hopefully escorting the Euro OTP (Hint Hint). You get to enjoy the 126 degree F in DV? Let's co ordinate. I'll start a SW travel thread.

Geez Old Guy,,, being a recent Traveler, I woulda thought you would know how to type the "Over the Pond" trademark.. OTP "OtP"..    :-[
    :p<sly grin>

I'll be waiting for your arrival in Kerrville with squeezin's..

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
CaffeineMan said:

Prolly ridin C'man. Hopefully escorting the Euro OTP (Hint Hint). You get to enjoy the 126 degree F in DV? Let's co ordinate. I'll start a SW travel thread.
Fixted it.

Geez Old Guy,,, being a recent Traveler, I woulda thought you would know how to type the "Over the Pond" trademark.. OTP "OtP"..    :-[
    :p<sly grin>

I'll be waiting for your arrival in Kerrville with squeezin's..

Ride safe, Ted

Prolly ridin C'man. Hopefully escorting the Euro OtP (Hint Hint). You get to enjoy the 126 degree F in DV? Let's co ordinate. I'll start a SW travel thread.

No DV for me.  I'm in a sling still after surgery 2 weeks ago.  i try to sit still as much as I can.  See you in the SW travel thread.

3_Twisted_Sisters.jpg

Nu Yawk Skanks!!!!!!!........come to Texas and experience real hospitality! :beerchug:

Ranger Jim said:
:-\  Is that the rally tee shirt?

No, but you can buy this shirt in Leakey right off of 337!

Craig

kv5e said:
IMG_0345-0.jpg

Nu Yawk Skanks!!!!!!!........come to Texas and experience real hospitality! :beerchug:

Nice shirt!!!

Reminds me of "Squat & Gobble" homestyle restaurant in Blufton S.C.
Ask Jerry ( Cognosticator) if he's eaten there...
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I bet he has, and prolly has a shirt also.....
:rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao:

I'm very interested about this event.

Is this the COG-National, where the next OtP-Traveller will visit?

Hope,  i get a second chance for OtP...

Kawasaurus said:
I'm very interested about this event.

Is this the COG-National, where the next OtP-Traveller will visit?

Hope,  i get a second chance for OtP...
Yep. Pulling for ya Ralf. And to bring you in from the California side.