• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2018 National Rally - The Three Sisters Rally Kerrville, TX - SC

Whomever wins the vote,,, I already reserved a room at the YO Ranch Motel for the OtP Traveler..

NOTE: We stayed there for another {Model T Ford} Rally last week.
            Nice "Texas Style" Motel..
                    Wonderful Roads!!

Ride safe, Ted

This thread is a tad too quiet so I thought I'd spruce it up a bit.  Remember, I said we'd be getting the band together again... Well, last year at the National we sang that wonderful ditty, "COG Riding Girls" (to the tune of California Girls) and since that time I've been working on a little more material for upcoming gigs.  There are some old works and some new works in the pantry for the album "Blue is the Color of my True Love's Tupperware." 
So, right now there are also these "can't hit" wonders for consideration from Rev Ryder and the Revenuers Iron Butt Blues Review:

Evil Tires (to Santana's Evil Ways)
Centerstand (to the Beatles' Yesterday)
Honkin' Conk Blues (to Pirates of the Mississippi's Honky Tonk Blues - a Hank Williams ripoff)
A Little Hard on the Knees (to Joe Cocker's version of You Are So Beautiful)
COGcaine (naturally it's to Clapton's classic, Cocaine)
How Can You Mend a Hydrolock (a ridiculous rip from the Zee Gees that puts the "false" in falsetto)
The Sport Touring COG Blues  (just a typical 8 bar blues with a coast to coast travelin' story line)
Chain Chain Chain - Chains are for Fools (an Aretha Franklin embarrassment)
One More Ride (a Phil Collins train robbery and wreck in the key of H+# just try to find a harmonica that can work with that)
Free Fallin' (an epic "Pin them Bags" Tribute to Tom Petty)
Sultan of Swingarms (yes, even Dire Straits' straits are more dire than anyone thought)
Can't Tour This  (an MC Hammer rewrite. This song postponed until I can find the correct mesh pants and boots for the inevitable music video)
You Laid Down Connie (another Slowhand great gone down for the third time in the parking lot)
KiPass (to the tune medley of Born Free/Rock of Ages)
In the Tank Bag (to the Tokens' The Lion Sleeps Tonight)
Murphskits Shad Mounts (to the tune of Journey's Sister Christian)
And much, much more.

Early reviews are encouraging...
"Pop music never rolled so many eyes nor caused so many groans." Rolling Stove Magazine
"What the %$@# was that?!?"  Jeffy Hulbert aka TurboMax
"I never heard anything quite like that before!" Mike Jagger (Rev's neighbor) 
"You're kidding me... you're actually going to get this recorded?"  Rev's mom in an exclusive interview. 
You won't want to miss any of it.

Rev Ryder said:
This thread is a tad too quiet so I thought I'd spruce it up a bit.  Remember, I said we'd be getting the band together again... Well, last year at the National we sang that wonderful ditty, "COG Riding Girls" (to the tune of California Girls) and since that time I've been working on a little more material for upcoming gigs.  There are some old works and some new works in the pantry for the album "Blue is the Color of my True Love's Tupperware." 
So, right now there are also these "can't hit" wonders for consideration from Rev Ryder and the Revenuers Iron Butt Blues Review:

Honkin' Conk Blues (to Pirates of the Mississippi's Honky Tonk Blues - a Hank Williams ripoff)
How Can You Mend a Hydrolock (a ridiculous rip from the Zee Gees that puts the "false" in falsetto)
The Sport Touring COG Blues  (just a typical 8 bar blues with a coast to coast travelin' story line)
One More Ride (a Phil Collins train robbery and wreck in the key of H+# just try to find a harmonica that can work with that)
Sultan of Swingarms (yes, even Dire Straits' straits are more dire than anyone thought)
Can't Tour This  (an MC Hammer rewrite. This song postponed until I can find the correct mesh pants and boots for the inevitable music video)
You Laid Down Connie (another Slowhand great gone down for the third time in the parking lot)
And much, much more.

"Pop music never rolled so many eyes nor caused so many groans." Rolling Stove Magazine
"You're kidding me... you're actually going to get this recorded?"  Rev's mom in an exclusive interview. 

REALLY, I gotta dig out my parachute pants from the 80's?

Can't wait..  :beerchug:

Rev Ryder said:

Chuck, I have a suggestion for this one. How about singing this to Clapton's song, Lay Down Sally. You can call it, Lay Down Connie.  ;D

Ranger Jim said:
::) Now I'm actively re-considering my attendance.  :-[

Maynard-G.jpg

Like man.......How Square Can You Get?!?!?!?............

Bigfoot_16 said:
Rev Ryder said:

Chuck, I have a suggestion for this one. How about singing this to Clapton's song, Lay Down Sally. You can call it, Lay Down Connie.  ;D

Good Call Jim, you nailed it, that is exactly what it is.  Slowhand = Eric Clapton.
But it's a rant song rather about a love that's hard to steer at slow speeds.  It was written and recorded ten years ago and spent most that time on Peter Hobday's (aka Hogboy) webpage.  However, those pages have more recently disappeared and the material appears lost. There were probably 40+ COG songs there that we collaborated on or did independently.  Some of them were really really creative, some were less so... but all were intended to be fun and expound upon some experience or characteristic that was identifiable as common to Concours owners/riders. 
Lyrics for this song's first verse (to the tune Lay Down Sally) :
There is nothing that is wrong
With wanting to maneuver through a parking lot.
I know you like a frisky gait,
And that the guy who hesitates is gonna lose... and now I'm singing the blues.
You laid down Connie, all I did was touch the brake
Now everyone's just standin' here a gawkin'.
You laid down Connie, such manners I can't take
And here you lie the crosswalk you're a blockin'.

I'm thinkin' more beach boy's. She's so fine my 409/She's so mean my C14. And then of course little Honda which is an easy transition to little connie.  :great: :beerchug: :)

If ya get the band back together, could you do something with a chorus and make the rest of the COGgers join in!!
I figger' it would be less embarrassing for "the band",, if the other COGGers have to sing too..  :sign0137:

Ride safe, Ted

You mean, drinking heavily would be required before doing this??  :a102:

I'm in!!  I'm IN!!   I'M IN!!!

Ride safe, Ted

{Did ya notice the Red, White, and Blue symbolism?}

connie_rider said:
You mean, drinking heavily would be required before doing this??  :a102:

I'm in!!  I'm IN!!   I'M IN!!!

Ride safe, Ted

{Did ya notice the Red, White, and Blue symbolism?}

...and soon after to be seen on Facebook....  :rotflmao:

No Funsize, you sed it wrong.
Ya shoulda sed "I finally got around to making our reservations at the YO Ranch Motel".
  (I made ours "immediately" after we arrived home from this years National).

NOTE: We stayed at the YO last month during the Model T Rally.
          Nice Motel.
          Not as big as the one last year,,, but big and spread out e'nuff that I don't have to see
              Jorge/Rev/etc etc etc... if I don't want to.  :nananana:
          Lotsa parking near the rooms, a gen-u-ine TeXaS style lobby, and properly decorated {TeXaS style} rooms.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
No Funsize, you sed it wrong.
Ya shoulda sed "I finally got around to making our reservations at the YO Ranch Motel".
  (I made ours "immediately" after we arrived home from this years National).

NOTE: We stayed at the YO last month during the Model T Rally.
          Nice Motel.
          Not as big as the one last year,,, but big and spread out e'nuff that I don't have to see
              Jorge/Rev/etc etc etc... if I don't want to.  :nananana:
          Lotsa parking near the rooms, a gen-u-ine TeXaS style lobby, and properly decorated {TeXaS style} rooms.

Ride safe, Ted

Thanks Ted for my morning chuckle.

Irene

Jim Snyder said:
Just throwing this out there, but I am a pretty good karaoke master.  Even better after a few adult beverages.

Jim,,, OMG, your gonna sang???    :c002:
            {"Sang": Proper TeXaS way of saying sing}

Funsize, if Jim sings too loud, {or too near my room}, I may have to bunk with ya'll..  :great:

PS: Tell Jorge, I snore.  {Loudly, and with great enthusiasm!}  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:  :85: 

Ride safe, Ted

Good point.  I went back and fixed it.  ;)

PS: Tell Jorge, I snore.  {Loudly, and with great enthusiasm!}   :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:  :85: 

Now, getting back to the Rally discussion.
  Who else is planning to go?

Don't let Jim's threat of singing scare you away!  :104:

Ride safe, Ted

Ted,

I was on the fence about going up until a few weeks ago. I found out that the shop where I'm planning a motor upgrade for the roadster is about an hour away from rally central.  >:D

Still working on getting all my ducks in a row... stay tuned.  ;)

Jerry_Layman_NE said:
Ted,

I was on the fence about going up until a few weeks ago. I found out that the shop where I'm planning a motor upgrade for the roadster is about an hour away from rally central.  >:D

Still working on getting all my ducks in a row... stay tuned.  ;)
That would have to be in San Antonio.  :great:

Never too early to start planning for this...

I'm thinking of getting into town early and the YO Ranch Hotel is booked up the weekend before the Rally.  I was thinking of the Best Western Sunday House or the Holiday Inn Express.  Anybody stay at and/or know about either of these?

Brian

I tried arranging an early {Sat} arrival myself.
Even tried to talk them into it "at ' the "YO" while we were there last month.
  Nooo way a room will be available on Sat. {as another event is going on}.

Every year, COG has an event down the road in Hunt Texas {at the River Inn}.
      Everyone {including our wife's} like the River Inn!!
              If some want to arrive a day early, that might be a good pre-National option...    :06:

Ride safe, Ted

Just made reservations @ YO  :beerchug:
As a new member with my first Kaw, I am looking forward to this event and meeting you all.
will be coming from the Waco area and if anyone comes through Waco or around the area, I would like to ride with you the rest of the way..

CaffeineMan said:
Never too early to start planning for this...

I'm thinking of getting into town early and the YO Ranch Hotel is booked up the weekend before the Rally.  I was thinking of the Best Western Sunday House or the Holiday Inn Express.  Anybody stay at and/or know about either of these?

Brian

Are you talking about Sunday, June 10th?  If so, I just spoke with our contact at the YO last week, and there were still a number of our blocked rooms available.  Make sure when contacting them, that you inform them that you are with COG.  If you still have a problem getting a room on Sunday the 10th, let me know. 

I made my reservations a couple of days ago referencing the COG block and requesting an arrival on Sunday. No problem at all. I didn't ask about earlier dates, though.

I reckon I had better get my reservation made too before the rooms run out.  Hey, all the early arrivals can just show up at Hub's house and crash. He won't mind.  >:D >:D >:D

Do ya rekon' we should just show up??
            Or do ya want to Post his phone number so we can tell him we're comin'?  <evil grin>  >:D

Ride safe, Ted

I extended to checking in on Sunday the 10th successfully.  Thanks Fred.

I still think I may get in to town on the 8th, not sure yet.

I checked out the River Inn.  Looks like a nice place, but the price online was $170+ per night!  :-\

CaffeineMan said:
I extended to checking in on Sunday the 10th successfully.  Thanks Fred.

I still think I may get in to town on the 8th, not sure yet.

I checked out the River Inn.  Looks like a nice place, but the price online was $170+ per night!  :-\

Arghhh!! That's because it is prime season for them.
              Others are available in the area, including a bike friendly place...

I'm all set too. Got reservations starting on Sunday and just now signed up for the rally. Got the hat too. The last hat I bought that cost that much was a Stetson.  ;)  Maybe I'll bring it along too.  It ought to look right at home in Texas.  :)

COG Nation,

Made my hotel reservation a few weeks ago.  Glad to see my neighbor to the north of Lincoln, Nebraska will be attending also.  See you in Texas Jerry!! :) :)

Yay! Alright, Chris! I know Bob and Linda are signed up too, and we had a new guy at breakfast last Saturday who said he was going to sign up soon. Don from Blair is still on the fence. 

:beerchug:

Rev,

Unknown at this point in time. My wife *may* ride with me as far as Tulsa to visit a friend there while I am at the rally. If she does I won't have room in the roadster for my guitar. I doubt she'd want to hold it in her lap all the way to Tulsa. She hasn't made a commitment to the trip yet, so a solid plan B is probably warranted.  ;)

Thanks!

Not a problem... Ship it!!!

Now you only have to decide what to ship.. Wife/Guitar/Wife/Guitar/Wife/Guitar/etc etc etc ??
  [And that's how the fight started]...

{Glad I could help}  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

Heheh... My wife says that I only have two faults. I don't listen... and something else.    ::)

I'm not going to ship my guitar anywhere. Period  :-X

I need to talk to Bob this Saturday at our monthly breakfast, but he may be willing to help me get my guitar to the rally. 

Stay tuned.  ;)

I know the stores and manufacturers ship them all the time, but that's before "I" own them.  I'd never ship one I liked and why ship one you don't?  I have no good luck at shipping anything I'm really fond of or that is valuable.  If you can transport it somehow, great.  If not, we'll manage.  :beerchug:

Reg done. Room res done. Coming from the great State of Nevada from the SWCOG and shall be crossing much desert. Heat? Pish. The price we pay for riding year round on the BEST ROADS in the country. C U there. Hopefully leading the OtP rider(s). Let's Dance! :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Is that Lone Star? Keep it cold. Also looking forward to some local pearl. Have a soft spot in my heart for that stuff. Yes misplaced I know.

Old Man on a Connie said:
Is that Lone Star? Keep it cold. Also looking forward to some local pearl. Have a soft spot in my heart for that stuff. Yes misplaced I know.
I don;t always drink beer, but when I do, it's Shiner.  :beerchug:

Rev Ryder said:
I don;t always drink beer, but when I do, it's Shiner.  :beerchug:
Bock or Black yumm!!

When I was in Alpine(Tekas) last April I stopped at a Cantina/food trailer. That draught of Bock was particularly tasty.

I discovered Shiner Bock a few years ago when we were in San Antonio having dinner on the Riverwalk. Looking forward to revisiting, so we signed up yesterday!

Picked up a '15 V1K so that I would have a bike for the rally. I'd rather not ship my '09 Connie back and forth.

Have already started the farkling...

[smg id=1933]      [smg id=1935]

Ranger Jim said:
Is there a schedule of events posted somewhere within the rally pages?  I can't seem to find one. :??:

Not yet, I hope to have it finalized and posted in the next week or so.

I havent registered yet cause I'm trying to decide if I should grab a tent site or try and share a room.

If I camp, I probably need to bring an air conditioner and maybe 100' of extension cord.
I havent reserved a room and I don't know anyone willing to put up with my snoring.

This is what I get for not planning sooner.

Any suggestions at this point? :banghead: :017:

Harry Martin said:
I havent registered yet cause I'm trying to decide if I should grab a tent site or try and share a room.

If I camp, I probably need to bring an air conditioner and maybe 100' of extension cord.
I havent reserved a room and I don't know anyone willing to put up with my snoring.

I'll PM you Harry - I have a room with a spare bed. Oh, and pretty good ear plugs too.

denver6 said:
Harry Martin said:

I'll PM you Harry - I have a room with a spare bed. Oh, and pretty good ear plugs too.
I can vouch for Robs roomieworthiness  :great: :beerchug:

denver6 said:
Harry Martin said:

Okay, I can take a hint.

I'm in.

Any heads up on vendors that will be there?

The last National I attended, there was the one vendor who brought a trailer full of tires with a lift and changed tires for those in need.

Harry Martin said:
Any heads up on vendors that will be there?

The last National I attended, there was the one vendor who brought a trailer full of tires with a lift and changed tires for those in need.

Harry, tire changing will be through a local vendor, we will have the venndors list up very shortly.

Craig

That payout to OMC for the endorsement was pretty steep, so don't backout Harry. I am really gonna need the money  :??:

Harry Martin said:

Okay, I can take a hint.

I'm in.

AmphibSailor said:
A few of these are close enough to visit for lunch during the rally....18 Best Texas BBQ places (2018).

[url=http://www.coopersbbqllano.com/]http://www.coopersbbqllano.com/

Coopers BBQ in Llano is on one of the loop rides. That loop has some great scenery, curves, and is on open range land where you can never say "Where's the Beef??!!!?!"

You can smell their pits from miles away!!!!! ;D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gjlLuLay_33qZXxRugAOxo9OU-tI_Zb4/view Here's the link to the Cooper's BBQ loop.

There's also a variant to this route if you don't want to drive back through Fredericksburg.

There are lot's of great BBQ joints in Texas, Cooper's is a rite of passage for the meat lover.....and be sure to leave a little room for the great cobblers! :13:

It's a great thing that on the way back, you don't have to roll down any windows on a motorcycle!!!!!!!!......and take advantage of the extra thrust provided!!!!!! :rotflmao:

gr33mAn

You may have noticed that the Routes for the 2018 COG national have been posted here. These are the routes that will have black and white printouts available at the National. You are encouraged to print out your own at home if you desire that they be in color.  To keep costs down only 7 routes have been selected for printing. Probably 90% of the riding will be on the Sisters, but there are five alternatives if desired. The Google Drive link at the bottom of this post has those, plus additional routes that didn’t make the cut.

In the link below you will also find larger maps (most 22” x 36”) to facilitate closer study and some videos.  The maps generally will be clearest if downloaded on a PC and opened with your own copy of Adobe.  The videos are just stop action photos taken from Google Street View photos by online software. They are full of glitches, with occasional sideways shots or white blanks. Since they are based on Google Street Views, there are some where the camera is going in the wrong lane for direction of travel because the Google Car actually was going the other way when photographing the road. Sometimes the weather or even the season will change right in the middle of the route. There is one video where you are proceeding in clear weather and then it’s raining at an intersection and then clear again on the other side. These imperfect videos should be good enough to give you some idea of what the roads are like. In my experience, after downloading they are best viewed with DVD type software that will give you good speed control to speed them up a bit, 2X or 4X speed seemed to me to work best. If you watch them without downloading, the Google drive viewer will let you speed them up to 2X. The videos are all .avi files. They may give you a headache at slower speeds. Apologies.

Additional routes will be added later as I get to it. Notably there will be a modified version of the South State Parks Loop because one of the parks is only open one day during our event.  I’ll have a shorter version of that route eliminating that park. I will also add what I call Dash routes that are destination oriented routes that generally take the fastest most direct route to a particular destination that may be of interest. Generally these short routes won’t be much different than if you had put in the destination into your GPS and hit  GO. These would be more for those not familiar with the area and don’t have a GPS.

I’m not sure how much Dual Sport interest there is, but I have made a couple of dual sport routes which are about 75% pavement. They have not been ridden by me, and are armchair created using BaseCamp and input from Richard Gibbens’ Hill Country Adventure, a guide to adventure riding in the Texas hill country. Link-->http://www.texasadventure.net/

I’m no BaseCamp guru by any means, but I hope that with SCAAD Butch Youngblood’s eagle eyed assistance we have eliminated all the route glitches that were so prevalent on many routes I’ve taken in the past (mine and other’s).  Please note route errors here for everyone to see, so we can put up a corrected version.
Thanks.

Routes on Google Drive

508 is the magic number. That’s correct, you read me right, despite rumors that 42 is the answer to everything, 508 is the Interstate 10 exit closest to COG 2018 National Rally Central at the YO Ranch Resort in Kerrville TX.
Now this may be humorous to those that still do routes old school by studying the map(s) the night before, making notes to the route sheet that only they can understand, or completely rewriting it onto a little index card about the size of a GPS screen. Those of us that have moved into the modern age have downloaded the routes into our GPS and then not given it another thought. However, the formerly usually know exactly where they are all the time. The rest of us know what the next turn is, and perhaps how far away it is, but after an hour or so of following the instructions we might not really know where in the heck we are. These few notes here are for the latter that are not familiar with the area, and for the amusement of the former.

Interstate 10 and TX Hwy 16 make sort of a crooked X, or cross if you prefer, with the intersection within sight of rally central. Those western movie buffs among you may recall how Gregory Peck’s character (Jim, I think.) reassured Julie that he wouldn’t get lost in the Big Country. “You are either east or west of the river and north or south of the road.” In our case you are either northeast or southwest of I-10 and you are either east or west of TX Hwy 16. Well sorta- kinda on the latter.

Coming in from New Mexico, Texas Interstate 10 starts at mile zero just 4 miles north of El Paso TX and goes approx. 880.5 miles to the Neches River and from there on into Louisiana. Our part of that stretch is centered around exit 508. So if you bail out on a route and just decide to head for I-10 so you can go back to the hotel and put your feet up, be sure to remember that number, 508. If the mile numbers are less than 508 and going lower you need to turn around and head back east. Obviously if the numbers are higher than 508 and going higher still then you need to turn around and head west.

Now TX Hwy 16 is not quite so straight as I-10 is and after it goes south of Medina it actually turns east and eventually starts to parallel I-10 to the southeast into San Antonio. Unfortunately there are no mile markers on TX Hwy 16, so even though it will get you back to Rally Central, you may need to back out the range on your GPS to make sure you’re 1) headed in the right direction on Hwy 16, and 2) make sure it’s the fastest route, as south of Medina Hwy 173 might be the best way to get back. Assuming that most riding (90%?) will be on the Sisters, for the most part that will be west of 16 and southwest of I-10. The other routes are all over the place. It might just be best to make sure the YO resort or the campground is in your favorites and let the GPS get you back direct. Of course if the darn thing is acting up or quit entirely, you could always just sit on the side of the road and wait for an ol’ schooler to go by and then follow them,… if you can keep up that is.  :)

I may not of helped anybody with this, but I’m sure I amused a couple of the Old Schoolers. 

Well, this Old Schooler was highly amused.

;D

It'll be good to see you again in Texas, Marty (not sure if you remember meeting me at Big Bend in 2016).  Appreciate all your work on the routes.

Rev Ryder said:

And much, much more.

I can't wait to hear this year's hit at the rally

funsize said:
connie_rider said:
"Hit" ???

Ride safe, Ted

Song Ted, song  ;)

maybe "Convoy" from CW McCall...

and replace some words of the songtext:

replace Kenworth with Concours
Mack with Goldwing
truckin' with riding,

and some more..

https://youtu.be/EnJEeHND_lQ

Greetings, I am logged in and tried to go the 3 Sisters event page and click on the Registrants link to see the list of registrants. It then presented the login page, which has my userid and password pre-populated, I clicked login, but it just took me back to the SE calendar page.

Does the Registrants link work, or is it my tech. difficulty?  Thanks!

Shawn said:
Greetings, I am logged in and tried to go the 3 Sisters event page and click on the Registrants link to see the list of registrants. It then presented the login page, which has my userid and password pre-populated, I clicked login, but it just took me back to the SE calendar page.

No, the link doesn't work.  To view the registrant list, you have to log into the members area, under "Members Links" click on 'My Info" then click on "My Events".

Click on the event name, not "details" and then scroll down until you see the event registrant number.  Click on that number and it will pull up the list of attendees. 

To see the list, you have to be a registered attendee.  You also have to have "Pop-Up" boxes enabled.

AmphibSailor said:
Has a schedule of events been published for the rally? :beerchug:

It was posted on the rally web pages yesterday, but I screwed up and sent an earlier draft to Keith to post.  I have sent him the correct one this morning, so hopefully he will be able to post it sometime today.  Wait until tomorrow to print.

fred-houston said:
Shawn said:

No, the link doesn't work.  To view the registrant list, you have to log into the members area, under "Members Links" click on 'My Info" then click on "My Events".

Click on the event name, not "details" and then scroll down until you see the event registrant number.  Click on that number and it will pull up the list of attendees. 

To see the list, you have to be a registered attendee.  You also have to have "Pop-Up" boxes enabled.

Thanks Fred!

WHOO HOO!  I see in the schedule there will be a 1 or 2 up Challenge Ride.  :great:  Can we get some limited information on it?  Cindy and I would like to know the length (total) and (a brief outline) about the process of how it's going to work, if that's available. :)

Ranger Jim said:
WHOO HOO!  I see in the schedule there will be a 1 or 2 up Challenge Ride.  :great:  Can we get some limited information on it?  Cindy and I would like to know the length (total) and (a brief outline) about the process of how it's going to work, if that's available. :)

Length can depend on how many points you want to get, if you run them all the total length is approximately 150 miles, but it can be much more if you plan poorly.  This event will have a time limit, but it is generous.

This will be a bit of a challenge, not turn by turn directions.

All points (locations) will be historical. 

Best poker hand wins.

Winners of 2UP $75.00 Gift Card,  winner of 1UP $50.00 gift card.

Kawasaurus said:
hey guys, i'm very interested about this ride challenge - can i have more informations?
:whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

I don't want to spill all the beans, what fun would that be?  ;D

Challengers will have to actually do a little thinking on this challenge instead of just following written directions.  You will have to plan your route and decide how may points (locations) you will want to try to get.  For every correctly answered question you will be able to draw one additional card for your poker hand.  Here is one of the kickers, you will have to discard a card before you draw a card.

There are 7 points (locations) so you can draw up to a maximum of 7 additional cards, assuming you answer the questions correctly. 

The Challenge will be held on Thursday mornings, but you can get the questions starting at 6 pm on Wednesday evening.  That way you can take some time to plan your route.

Destination Cycle near rally central is a good place to get a tire or service if you need it but don't expect it to be cheap.  I would come to the rally not needing anything if you can and Destination just for a true emergency.

CaffeineMan said:
Well, this Old Schooler was highly amused.

;D

It'll be good to see you again in Texas, Marty (not sure if you remember meeting me at Big Bend in 2016).  Appreciate all your work on the routes.

Why yes...Brian...sure I do...
smiley-pinocchio-liar.gif~original
...ah.... yes I certainly do.

Oh wait...You mean this Brian...yeah I remember you (forgot your name though  :-[), see you in Kerrville!  :great:  :)

fred-houston said:
Kawasaurus said:
hey guys, i'm very interested about this ride challenge - can i have more informations?
:whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

I don't want to spill all the beans, what fun would that be?  ;D

Challengers will have to actually do a little thinking on this challenge instead of just following written directions.  You will have to plan your route and decide how may points (locations) you will want to try to get.  For every correctly answered question you will be able to draw one additional card for your poker hand.  Here is one of the kickers, you will have to discard a card before you draw a card.

There are 7 points (locations) so you can draw up to a maximum of 7 additional cards, assuming you answer the questions correctly. 

The Challenge will be held on Thursday mornings, but you can get the questions starting at 6 pm on Wednesday evening.  That way you can take some time to plan your route.
A good solo challenge Ralf. Should I let you out of my sight? Hmmmmmmmmmm......................... :beerchug:

fartymarty said:
Why yes...Brian...sure I do...
smiley-pinocchio-liar.gif~original
...ah.... yes I certainly do.

Oh wait...You mean this Brian...yeah I remember you (forgot your name though  :-[), see you in Kerrville!  :great:  :)

Lol, that's me.  I don't remember anything any more, neither names, nor faces.  But it'll be great meeting everyone for the first time that I met already and forgot.

;D

This one really hurts.  I was SO looking forward to the rally, too. My mom's back has been waiting for surgery for a year now, and it will finally happen--over the rally time. She and my dad are going to need me a whole lot, I just can't leave them for even a week.  Y'all she is almost in a wheel chair, she NEEDS this surgery right away. :truce:

But you can bet your sweet behinds I'm gonna be at Fall rally! Woohoo RWTW!!!