• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2019 Keystone National Rally, Williamsport PA.

gsjay said:
we are making arrangements to tour this museum during the National.

https://www.eaglesmereautomuseum.com/

Jerry Gowen, COG #19 says it's the Best _--_ thing we've gone to see during a COG event.

You'll have to see for yourself!
Jason
COG 32
If you like classic muscle cars, automobile memorabilia, and antique airplanes, it doesn’t get any better than this museum complex. The riding over to there is superb as well, the key is don’t take the main road.

gsjay said:
connie_rider said:
Jason, is it possible to see the list of attendee's on the National site?

Ride safe, Ted

Not sure about this.........will have to ask Steve.
jason

There is a link on the rally calendar page. Must be logged in to see it.

I have asked before,, and no replies,,, for the Banquet dinner, is there going to substitutions, for people with Allergies?  Such as Celiac?

Gixerhp said:
I have asked before,, and no replies,,, for the Banquet dinner, is there going to substitutions, for people with Allergies?  Such as Celiac?

Gluten free?
Have you looked at the Menu? It's listed on the schedule.

I'll have to talk with the Caterer.
jason

gsjay said:
Gixerhp said:

Gluten free?

jason
Do have there number,,, I still have questions,, about the menu,,,

Gixerhp said:
gsjay said:
Gixerhp said:

Gluten free?

jason
Let's take this off the forum. PM me your email address.
tks,
jason

All righty Then  :motonoises:

Yesterday the doctor released me to be able to ride again after major neck surgery in December  :great:

I just booked a room at the Genetti and registered for the rally and bought $40 of t shirt stuff  :)

I have a few "break in" rides between now and then so I should be well loosened up by then  :beerchug:

See you guys and girls in July, or some sooner.  I was at the Johnstown rally and look forward to the area again.

COGnosticator said:

Yesterday the doctor released me to be able to ride again after major neck surgery in December  :great:

I just booked a room at the Genetti and registered for the rally and bought $40 of t shirt stuff  :)

I have a few "break in" rides between now and then so I should be well loosened up by then  :beerchug:

See you guys and girls in July, or some sooner.  I was at the Johnstown rally and look forward to the area again.

Glad to hear Jerry

COGnosticator said:

That's good news Jerry! Glad you'll be joining us in Williamsport.
jason

Looking for something to help out the rally team?

How about volunteering to greet people as they arrive to rally central?    ;D ;D ;D  :welcome:

Hand them some cool water. provide basic rally info, and direct them to registration.  :72: :72:

What a great way to make new COG friends!    ;D ;D ;) ;)

Tracey and I are looking for people to work shifts earlier in the week at hours that work with your schedule.

Please PM me if interested.  We could use the help.

COGnosticator said:

Jer -

Glad to hear they were finally able to surgically seal that gaping blow-hole attached to your face.  :rotflmao:

Seriously though, glad you're well enough to attend.  :)

ghostrider990 said:
Jer -

Glad to hear they were finally able to surgically seal that gaping blow-hole attached to your face.  :rotflmao:

Seriously though, glad you're well enough to attend.  :)

;D  They didn't close it completely, but the did make it narrower  :nananana:

Greg Habel said:
Looking for something to help out the rally team?

How about volunteering to greet people as they arrive to rally central?    ;D ;D ;D  :welcome:

Hand them some cool water. provide basic rally info, and direct them to registration.  :72: :72:

What a great way to make new COG friends!    ;D ;D ;) ;)

Tracey and I are looking for people to work shifts earlier in the week at hours that work with your schedule.

Please PM me if interested.  We could use the help.

C'mon folks. Greg needs some help.

I highly suggest the new folks volunteer to help Greg with the meet and greet.
  It's an excellent way to meet others and helps you feel like part of the rally.
  NOTE: No experience is needed. Just assist the new arrivals.
                Someone will be there to give you instructions.
              Here is Proof that anyone can do it.... I've done it multiple times.  :-\

Ride safe, Ted

Signed up and looking forward to the trip.  Heard a lot about the great roads up there.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

Just got registered/hotel reserved for the National.  Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.  I have a question for folks living near NYC.  After the rally I plan to visit my daughter and her family in Brooklyn.  I don't want to take the bike into the city for lack of secure parking.  I am thinking of taking the train into the city.  Where would be a good place to catch the train?  Does anyone have a space for me to leave my bike while in the city?  Will probably be in the city for less than a week.  Exact time not set yet. 

reid53 said:
Signed up and looking forward to the trip.  Heard a lot about the great roads up there.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

I heard the same thing about the rally roads in Helen GA, and it turned out to be very true, and they were awesome. For this rally, in addition to being very rural and scenic roads, they are also well maintained by Penn DOT.  It seems that the Urban areas and highways in PA are terrible, but these rural secondary roads are great.  I once heard it was due to less miles of roads to maintain by a Penn DOT district.  Enjoy them.  :motonoises:

I am looking forward to being in Williamsport again... The area around the Genetti is filled with interesting shops and restaurants, I look forward to riding the area again. I see many familiar names in the confirmed attendees, I hope more will join the registered list in the next weeks.

Also looking forward to more of that Acme BBQ grub, that was some amazing stuff!

Those still on the fence? Register, it will be a cool event! :beerchug:

Speaking of the Genetti, looking at it on google maps street view, where do you go to register.  I "rode" up and down the block and I don't see your typical hotel where you can pull up front, go in and register then go park.

I sure don't want to be trying to find my way around on one way streets.

Thanks

COGnosticator said:
Speaking of the Genetti, looking at it on google maps street view, where do you go to register.  I "rode" up and down the block and I don't see your typical hotel where you can pull up front, go in and register then go park.

I sure don't want to be trying to find my way around on one way streets.

Thanks

There is a large parking lot behind it near the pool.

It’s easy to sit back and wait and be on the fence.  Should I go?  Will I have fun?  Wonder if I will know anybody?  Will I meet new people?  Did I miss some great riding?  I wonder what forum people are like in real person?  You know you want to go to see what happens, but it’s too easy to wait. Then there is a one week lull on this forum since most everyone is attending.  Then you hear the stories and have regrets since you missed out and you know life only comes around once. So..... Early registration discount ends May 31. On June 1 the rally fee increases $15.  Do it.  :great:

Registration is growing as more members take advantage of the discounted early registration fee................save $15 a person.

The Genetti still has rooms avaliable but it about 75% full.
Book those Rooms!

Check the online schedule for the rally. We have been adding activities.

See you soon!
jason
cog 32

To the new folks that are thinking; Should I go?  Will I have fun?  Wonder if I will know anybody?  Will I meet new people?  Did I miss some great riding?  I wonder what forum people are like in real person?

The Rally Team is setting up greeters to meet people as they arrive..
They will answer basic questions, start you thru the check in process, and direct you to COG Registration.

Join us and get to know the Spirit of COG!!

Ride safe, Ted

Greetings all
Just made my reservation at the Riverside Campground.  Have a tent site with electricity and water.  Willing to share if anyone would like.  Cost is $35 a night, so would be half that.
You can reply to this or email me.  RodWestphal@gmail.com
I plan to arrive Monday the 22nd and leave Friday the 26th.  Have reservations for those 4 nights.
Coming from Hutto, Texas.  Planning on a 3 day trip.
Rodney Westphal

gsjay said:
Gixerhp said:
gsjay said:
Gixerhp said:

Gluten free?

jason
Let's take this off the forum. PM me your email address.
tks,
jason
Never heard, or received an Email about this,,,

...and I'm coming from San Antonio.  Would like to mesh up and ride together, if the timing is right. :motonoises: :motonoises:

smithr1 said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Coming from Hutto, Texas.

:beerchug: :great:
Hey I am coming from Austin, Tx.  That is like another 10 miles further.  :rotflmao:

To the First Timers...
  Don't wait for someone to come find you.
          Go meet others!

Ted's secret trick..... shhhhh,,,
If you want to meet and get to know others, come hang out {in front of the Motel} near the Greeter Team.
You'll meet {and get to know} lot's of people,  learn lot's of some information, and feel involved in the Rally.
(Later, when you "DO" attend the Rider Meetings that Greg mentioned, you'll see folks ya met, and feel more comfortable).

Bekuz; All arriving people are just as confused as you, and will talk to anyone that "seem" to know anything.  :motonoises:
          {fyi; If I don't have an answer, I (try to) look knowledgeable, and "lie"}.  :great:
                              Works every time.  >:D

Ride safe, Ted

Ok, ok, Ooootay,,, I guess there are a couple of other reasons that it work's well for me.

1}  I've learned that if you act like you know what your doing, you can get away with anything..
2}  I'll talk to anyone about anything..  {Even Harry Martin}
3}  I've learned that when all else fails, "Grin" {and dodge}!
4}  Plan ahead. {ie; When I make a mistake, I plan to blame it on Harry}

See ya'll there!
      Ride safe, Ted

PS: Don't wait or not come because your unsure you will have a good time.
      Come and be with the COGdom. You will definitely enjoy the people and the rally!!!

You can have really interesting conversations just standing in the registration line.  You rode in from Oregon?  Really?  It's also interesting matching up characters on this forum with real people that are breathing.  Early registration ends June 1st, so save yourself some $$$ and do it.  :motonoises:

:nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana:

I'm in....release the KRAKEN........ :-\ :-\

SlimyImpassionedAmericanratsnake-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

:)) :)) :)) :)) >:D >:D >:D >:D

Well, crap.
Make plans now to pack your best rain gear folks.
rainy-animated-27.gif

I'll ask the new boss Monday for 2.5 days off.
Pending his answer, I'm thinking camping Wednesday night through Friday morning.
That aughta give me enough time to cover the important bases.
We'll see what happens Monday.

SW plans to represent. 2300 miles from Hendo NV. May have a sucker (sorry, Member) coming from CA. No trailering shall be involved. Ass shall look like 40 lbs of chewed bubble gum upon arrival. Need the song set for the banquet to practice. Also a list of local package stores please. Priorities.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

Old Man on a Connie said:
SW plans to represent. 2300 miles from Hendo NV. May have a sucker (sorry, Member) coming from CA. No trailering shall be involved. a** shall look like 40 lbs of chewed bubble gum upon arrival. Need the song set for the banquet to practice. Also a list of local package stores please. Priorities.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

williamsport is in a dry county...............
jason

gsjay said:
SW plans to represent. 2300 miles from Hendo NV. May have a sucker (sorry, Member) coming from CA. No trailering shall be involved. a** shall look like 40 lbs of chewed bubble gum upon arrival. Need the song set for the banquet to practice. Also a list of local package stores please. Priorities.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

jason
That Sir is critical information. I shall stock up then prior to entering.

gsjay said:

jason
That Sir is critical information. I shall stock up then prior to entering.

http://localalcohollaws.com/index/4285312/pa/williamsport

what the.....?

http://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/        :beerchug: ;) ;)

don't be scaring us like that... man... I broke out in a cold sweat when I read it's dry....

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:nananana:

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/static/pdf/monthlyInStoreSale/FWGS_201907.pdf

COGnosticator said:
Come on Miller, I got Frogg Toggs  :beerchug:

don't freak out Jerry... we will be safe.... we can get booze.... Captain....

I might even bring my Kermit Chair, so's I can move it under cover when it pours.... I know the hotels always hate us when we haul the couches from the lobby, outside... well, everywhere but in Johnstown, they never complained... heheheheh :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Delaine and I will be there. Room is reserved and registration is in. Chemo start date is pushed back until after the rally, probably late Aug or September.  :great:  Life is good, for now. I hate it when medical stuff screws up riding season. Looks like my ski and snowbird travel season will be messed up.

Time to start planning the route to and from PA. Going to try to stay off the slab to see the real world.

Cookie said:
Time to start planning the route to and from PA. Going to try to stay off the slab to see the real world.
US 6 if you want to come in across the top of everything.
US 30 if you want to come in below.
Prepare for a lot slower travel than you're probably wanting, but you can hit slab at any point along the way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_6
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_30

Just wondering if anyone is planning to setup a Spotwalla page for the Keystone National Rally?  It's always kind of fun to watch rally goers as they converge onto rally central from all parts of the country. 

MotoWojo

andydude said:
Would there be anyone needing to share a room at the nationals ?

Andy, we spoke this weekend. Yeah, I'll share my room with you! As discussed, I'm coming in one day before the rallye start, being one of the volunteers, blah, blah, blah.

See you when you come in!

Cheers!

Interactive map to liquor stores

OMC there are at least 2 within walking distance (5-10 minutes). Fine Wine & Good Spirits and Wegman's Wine.  :beerchug:

Cookie said:
Delaine and I will be there. Room is reserved and registration is in. Chemo start date is pushed back until after the rally, probably late Aug or September.  :great:  Life is good, for now. I hate it when medical stuff screws up riding season. Looks like my ski and snowbird travel season will be messed up.

Where do you plan on entering Pennsylvania and how much time do you have?
jason

Due to a couple neck surgeries I had to have this past spring, I'm going to have to trailer my bike out to PA. Do I need to register / let anyone know I'll need to park a truck and trailer? I've already registered for the rally and I understand that there is a $20 fee for trailer parking. Just not sure if I need to make arrangements / pay for parking before I get there.

djdehne said:
Due to a couple neck surgeries I had to have this past spring, I'm going to have to trailer my bike out to PA. Do I need to register / let anyone know I'll need to park a truck and trailer? I've already registered for the rally and I understand that there is a $20 fee for trailer parking. Just not sure if I need to make arrangements / pay for parking before I get there.

No special arrangements needed. The Genetti arranged the parking at Lycoming College a few blocks away. This is what they did for a recent HOG rally and we were told it worked out well.  The front desk will take trailer parking payment and let you know what to do.

Hello everyone,

I am excited to be at the Rally again this year. I will be camping Tuesday and through Thursday, then staying Thursday night at the hotel.

I am wearing/bringing my 50S Aerostich Roadcrafter with me, but I am looking for a 46R Roadcrafter R3 (R-3)

If you want to buy my 50S I will sell it.

If you have a 46R R3 I would like to buy or trade you for it. I can deal with almost any color combo but black.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ALPgpVmgs9J4Xo1z5
https://photos.app.goo.gl/epoKRCd3VCsEVvGH6

So at last count there will be 4 from the SW area. We may be a small group but we carry large cojones. We bring the P to Party, the F to fun, the R to riding and the F to friendliness. C U all in Williams port. We gonna have a hoot!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :)

So at last count there will be 4 from the SW area. We may be a small group but we carry large cojones. We bring the P to Party, the F to fun, the R to riding and the F to friendliness. C U all in Williams port. We gonna have a hoot!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :)

We will have plenty of Advil for you SW gals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  almost here  getting excited
:beerchug:

Pittsburgh_Clem said:

We will have plenty of Advil for you SW gals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  almost here  getting excited
:beerchug:
:)) :)) :beerchug:

Damn, can this month go by any slower  :mad:  I am ready to roll  :beerchug:  Even knowing I will be sharing a room 5 nights with MOB  :nananana:

I am bring my hydrocodone    :D 

COGnosticator said:
Damn, can this month go by any slower  :mad:  I am ready to roll  :beerchug:  Even knowing I will be sharing a room 5 nights with MOB  :nananana:

I am bring my hydrocodone    :D

make sure you get that script filled, and bring them all...
:nananana: :rotflmao:

T minus 48 hrs to launch. Marshmallow mortars packed and prepped. 8 states 2.5k miles. We look forward to your welcome. C U on Sunday. Prepare for some SW fun.  :) :beerchug:

doing final countdown now.. tomorrow I wash my Aerostich, and double apply the waterproofing... that should make sure I don't see rain during my travels...   (kinda the opposite of washing and polishing a bike, in my book... and I never wash my bike.. so I'm double safe...)

:))

Ride safe Y'all... I'll be there Sunday... me and Cognosticator, and Reid will be
"testing out the patio"...

https://youtu.be/sp67wuM7On0
http://youtu.be/sp67wuM7On0

I had hoped to make it this year, alas my gallbladder decided it was time to go already and left a bit earlier than I would have preferred. it was 3 weeks ago and I havent recovered from the surgery sufficiently to make the run. even if i trailer up i dont think i would be fit for much.
I can tell you this, paddling a kayak is right out, thats high on the list of stuff you dont do after abdominal surgery even if the doctor tells you do whatever you normally do. :sign0085: :smiley_confused1:

Can't wait---it is getting really close! I am leaving Sunday morning and will be there by supper----only 550 miles, the closest rally so far to me in Ontario Canada!
Now all I have to do is start my valve adjust today---shouldn't be a big deal.
-
-
-
-
-
Just kidding! I was just waiting for MOB's head to explode!  :) :beerchug:
Just a wash and wax!

As a reminder to those trailering bikes to the rally. The Genetti parking lot is limited in size. No trailer parking will be allowed.  Here is a link to a map we just got to the trailer/truck parking the Genetti has arranged at a nearby college for a small donation - get your parking pass from Genetti front desk.  http://concours.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Lyco-College-Parking-Map.pdf

You may be able to find parking on Williams Street for a short time to unload, but keep in mind city parking enforcement can be strict. 

Is the "attendee's" list updated to today?

only 253 so far, 47 open spaces left... last minute arrives it seems...

Man, I was somewhat shocked to see a lot of "missing names" on that list... many long time attendee's aren't showing,  :'( :'( :'(

Ride safe, and it's ok to show up late, just show up... :great:

Not as many as I was expecting for sure. Still will be EPIC one for the books. Williamsport is a fantastic walking town after a good ride

Heading out this morning! 1088 miles to Williamsport in a straight shot...or 6 days & 2400 miles as I'll do it ("Whaddya mean Maine isn't on the way to Williamsport?!").

See you all next week!

After those kind of miles, your bike will need a wash. My wife and I are volunteering to to run what I hope is a great bike wash, but no bikinis.  :truce:  Send any complaints to me!  Hope to meet you.

4Bikes said:
After those kind of miles, your bike will need a wash. My wife and I are volunteering to to run what I hope is a great bike wash, but no bikinis.  :truce:  Send any complaints to me!  Hope to meet you.

:-\ :-\ :-\

no bikini's = no washy....  :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

But I have a fresh bottle of Armor All, that I'll spray on all the seats for free....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  >:D >:D >:D

well, maybe just Ted's... and a couple others... :rotflmao:

4Bikes said:

Oh, I'll be hitting the bike wash for sure. Currently in Plainfield, CT. 3 days, nearly 1600 miles, and lots of rain each day. The bike's looking almost as funky as I am :)

The bride will be four wheeling so the cooler will be in the back and pre stocked.  Intend on hitting my local distributor tomorrow.  Should arrive by 1pm Sunday.  Look for the silver Subaru Forester and see what the beer fairy has to offer! :great: :))

Terrynyc said:
The bride will be four wheeling so the cooler will be in the back and pre stocked.  Intend on hitting my local distributor tomorrow.  Should arrive by 1pm Sunday.  Look for the silver Subaru Forester and see what the beer fairy has to offer! :great: :))

:great: :beerchug:  Thanks Terry

Terrynyc said:

I haven't made any beer since 2008.. so make sure to leave a door unlocked On he Subie, so I don't have to use my spring loaded punch on a window.. oops.. I din't say that... bears peel the doors on Subies, to get goodies..

:nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :great: :great: :great: :beerchug: