• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Barber Vintage Festival 2013

I am putting this on my calendar as a possible maybe. Have to wait until it gets closer to know for sure, but it looks like it would be a good time.  I guess there is a spot that the COGgers gather, the ones that are camping that is.

Jerry,

Yes, our fearless leader of SE COG has decreed that Lot B shall be our temporary encampment for the event.

What's more entertaining is to see the amount of 'stuff' that certain individuals are able to load onto a bike. With just a little more planning, I'm positive we could've had a hot tub and air conditioning... ;)

My brother and I attend every couple of years and it is a good time! It is really interesting to stroll through the pits and be able to get up close to the bikes and talk with their owners. If you haven't been I strongly recommend going and plan to pay a visit to the museum.

DSCF6178-L.jpg

DSCF5742-L.jpg

DSCF5771-M.jpg
DSCF5744-M.jpg

DSCF5775-L.jpg

Signed up for the full three daze, er, days... them boys and girls go fast on their machines!!  :)

I'll be there with the satellite dish strapped on to the back of the bike. Track side camping works out well, so come join us for some fun. More to come.........    Al

I will be there and hopefully with my CB890CR custom cafe racer.
I have already picked up my Ace Corner tickets to go along with my season pass.

If my bike is finished I will be hanging out over at the Ace Corner most of the time.
My bike will be in the bike show.

I want both bikes down there so i will probably tow them both down so I can ride.  :beerchug:
I already have my room but i went ahead and bought a tent space so I can get in after hours.

Look forward to seeing everyone.    :beerchug:

IronButtAl said:
I'll be there with the satellite dish strapped on to the back of the bike. Track side camping works out well, so come join us for some fun. More to come.........    Al

Is track side camping different from Lot B?  I don't see the track side camping offered, although it shows up on the camping map.  inquiring minds want to know  ;D

Jerry, we're considering Lot B as track side. True track side is at a premium both in cost and availability. This is my 4th year in lot B, and there isn't much difference from one place to another regards the camping experience. Tram will pick you up anywhere on the service road around the track, everyone uses one of two shower facilities, and the race viewing is good everywhere.
If you haven't been to Barber before and are considering doing so, anyone can contact me with any questions or concerns. PM here works well, or you can email me at my tampabay.rr.com account or >sead@cog-online.org <          Al

COGnosticat0r said:
IronButtAl said:

Is track side camping different from Lot B?  I don't see the track side camping offered, although it shows up on the camping map.  inquiring minds want to know  ;D

Jerry,

The track side camping on the map is camping with a view of the track. I believe Al is referring to track side camping as camping at the track anywhere. The COG contingent will be in Lot B with the rest of the hooligans and ne'er-do-wells.

There are showers in the Paddock and port-a-lets in the camping area. There is a shuttle that runs around the track that you can catch to the various venues. The only issue we ran into last year was water, there was not water in the camping area, we had to go to the paddock to get it. Fortunately, our esteemed SECOG leader was able to "borrow" a golf cart for a while.

Speaking of golf carts, do we all want to chip in and rent one? If we have enough of us, maybe it would be cost effective. Just throwing it out there.

Also, as we get closer, I'm going to see about getting some fire wood, maybe our COG Alabama members could hook us up.

Kurt

Yup, we were one of the very few to have a fire every night last year. That's why I strap on the satellite dish to the bike. 5th year camping there. We'll end up as party central again.
I'm working for the track again on Friday & Saturday mornings. Might be able to again "appropriate" some mementos of the occasion.      Al

Thanks for the clarification on the camping.  I will get in the "B"area.  I went to the BMW rally around 2004 and we camped at the big RV lot just before you get to B.  This is a "party" weekend with little riding I take it  :beerchug: 

COGnosticat0r said:
Thanks for the clarification on the camping.  I will get in the "B"area.  I went to the BMW rally around 2004 and we camped at the big RV lot just before you get to B.  This is a "party" weekend with little riding I take it  :beerchug:

Yep, only riding we did was to the store for supplies and to dinner on Saturday. You can walk through the paddock area, tour the museum, Swap meet, vendor area and/or sit and watch the racing action. Most of the people come on Saturday, so the traffic backs up with everyone trying to get in, Friday was not to bad.

But, yeah, pretty much a party weekend.

Well, I'll put in for the time off.  I'd definitely like to give it go.
I should know in a week... hope there's still room in the "B" lot.
Will there be a Florida 'contingency' riding up there? 

Mcfly said:

Hope ya can make it Marty. Should be a good time considering the characters that will be in attendance.  ;) 

Sorry to inform you though, there will not be any Concours dual-sporting at this event...at least none planned that is. It is in Alabama...maybe some Muddin'!!

handyman said:
Mcfly said:

Hope ya can make it Marty. Should be a good time considering the characters that will be in attendance.  ;) 

Sorry to inform you though, there will not be any Concours dual-sporting at this event...at least none planned that is. It is in Alabama...maybe some Muddin'!!

Hey, I represent that remark...  :great:

handyman said:
Mcfly said:

Oh.... I'm out....  Find me some crater filled dirt roads Randy!!    :mad:
That GPS of yours won't let us down!!!!

Seriously though, I had put in for Natchez Trace first, as ridin' rewards for the long haul is the best rewards.
Needless to say, I got shot down for Natchez, so my bid is in for the Barber Vintage Rally now.  This looks
much better, as there's no one else scheduled off at the moment.  I'll know by Monday!
I'm puttin' for time off through Wednesday, so I might enjoy some great ridin' after the Rally!  :)

Looks like I'm IN...  Got approved for the time off!!  I'll get my tickets
tonight!!!

dancing-kenny-smiley-emoticon.gif

EDIT:  3 Day ACE PASS and Lot B camping ticket(s) have been procured.  :)

Martin, sounds good. Should be a good time. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone.

All, The golf cart rental for a 4 seater is $98 a day. It would be nice to have one at our disposal as it is more convenient to motor around in one. Let me know everyone's thoughts, we could all chip in and use it to shuttle everyone around.

Looks like the folks at Barber better be thinking about  re-naming Lot B to something like, say Lot COG... >:D

OK, how many of you are spending the extra $25 for the ACE Corner thing? I know of a couple who have. Is it really worth it? Last year I was fine with the basic 3 day pass and the camping pass. What say the crew? Kurt, Tom...

Eddie, as a Brit bike owner/fan, I can't see how you wouldn't want to do this. You're VERY close to the track, and the bike scene is pretty cool. Think front row for your favorite band concert.            Al

I did the Saturday only option and was thinking of upgrading to the threee day.

Last year their were several nice machines built by shops and a few garage builds worthy of drooling over. Let's go Eddie.  :pokestick:

Eddie-FL said:
OK, how many of you are spending the extra $25 for the ACE Corner thing? I know of a couple who have. Is it really worth it? Last year I was fine with the basic 3 day pass and the camping pass. What say the crew? Kurt, Tom...

Yep, I'm up for it. I was hovering over the option to purchase it, but decided not to. I don't think it sells out like the camping, so I'll do it next month, spread the wealth out a little.

Any takers on the golf cart?? We wouldn't have to pay for it until we pick it up.

Quit pokin' me, Randy! I'm thinkin', I'm thinkin'...
Kurt, I'm thinkin'! I'd expect to hear from the Illustr'us High Potentate of the South East on this, too! :)

Ok ladies, if you indicated you are attending on this thread, you  need to get over to the SE COG calender and register. Not naming any names but the following may want to do this:  Jim & Eddie.

MotoCommuter said:
Ok ladies, if you indicated you are attending on this thread, you  need to get over to the SE COG calender and register. Not naming any names but the following may want to do this: Jerry, Randy, Tom, Chris, Jim & Eddie.

Further proof that the proper title for my position with COG should be AAD-HD...

MotoCommuter said:
Ok ladies, if you indicated you are attending on this thread, you  need to get over to the SE COG calender and register. Not naming any names but the following may want to do this: Jerry, Randy, Tom,  Jim & Eddie.

All this pressure, don't know if I can handle it  :D  Done  :great:

MotoCommuter said:
Ok ladies, if you indicated you are attending on this thread, you  need to get over to the SE COG calender and register. Not naming any names but the following may want to do this:  Jim & Eddie.
:nananana:

So how many of you girls are doing the ACE Corner? Besides Jim and Randy?

Eddie-FL said:
So how many of you girls are doing the ACE Corner? Besides Jim and Randy?

I've purchased the Ace Corner package.  It said' "Beer" somewhere in the description, so I went for it!  :beerchug:

EDIT:  I have a funny feeling this will be a source of sustenance during my day at the track.

"Guests will have the opportunity to hang out at the legendary Ace Café as well as purchase hot food, cold beer and wine."

I'm assuming wine is sold by the BOX, as no glass is allowed in the park.  ::)

Perhaps a more experienced attendee could chime in on the multiple LOT B tickets...  A "Tent B TOW" ticket??

Marty, the "TOW" ticket is for those who do not ride to the event.  :-\ (or pull a camper). As I remember, it's part of the camping package. And some of those box wines aren't bad. Plus, they travel well. After all, when was the last time you broke a box?

Mcfly said:

Aaahhhh.....cough....cough...ummmm..... I believe we had glass containers of fermented malt barley in our camp.  :beerchug:

Regarding the box wine, trust Eddie, I've heard he knows his way around a box of wine.  :pokestick:

Don't forget the FREE shuttle makes frequent stops around the park from early  am till sometime after dinner.
Plus there are shuttles along about every 3-5 minutes+/-.
Open shuttles can hold maybe 40 some people...so why waste your $$$..??
Just my experienced .02
::)

MotoCommuter said:
Mcfly said:

Aaahhhh.....cough....cough...ummmm..... I believe we had glass containers of fermented malt barley in our camp.  :beerchug:

Regarding the box wine, trust Eddie, I've heard he knows his way around a box of wine.  :pokestick:

I'm guessing we're talking about the "occasional" drink during our stay, which can be had much cheaper around the tarp in Lot B. Only drawback is the number of occasions one has at their disposal to justify the drink... :beerchug:

Think I'm passing on the Corner.

Ranger Jim said:
Just correcting the record - it's fermented barley malt not fermented malt barley.  :beerchug:

I understand you have expertise in this area... mayhaps some of the fruits of that expertise can be brought to the event???  I'm getting all shook up just thinking about it.... :)

Eddie-FL said:
Marty, the "TOW" ticket is for those who do not ride to the event.  :-\ (or pull a camper). As I remember, it's part of the camping package.
Ahhhhh.... gotcha.

Eddie-FL said:
And some of those box wines aren't bad. Plus, they travel well. After all, when was the last time you broke a box?
I'm not a big wine drinker, so I'll have to take your word for it.  As for breaking a box?

I work for the Post Office..... Nuff said.  :(

Maybe there's someone in the southeast that has been following this thread and thinking about taking in the Barber scene for this event, and ISN'T a SE COG member at this time. If you join COG now, contact me and I'll have a three (3) day track/event pass for you free, which is a $40.00 value. This is for anyone becoming a COG member from this date forward. Contact me here with a PM or at my club email address to give me all of your details, and essentially get back all of your first years dues plus. You should consider camping with us if you get these tickets, and you'll come away from the event having met some really fine people, and I guarantee you will have made some new riding friends. What are you waiting for? Get going and contact me now. First one in wins. 
Al Norcross  ( IronButtAl )    >  sead@cog-online.org  <

Really?  AlNo one wants a free 3 day pass and a chance to be with some good riders/people as a bonus? You gotta be kidding.............. 

IronButtAl said:
Maybe there's someone in the southeast that has been following this thread and thinking about taking in the Barber scene for this event, and ISN'T a SE COG member at this time. If you join COG now, contact me and I'll have a three (3) day track/event pass for you free, which is a $40.00 value. This is for anyone becoming a COG member from this date forward. Contact me here with a PM or at my club email address to give me all of your details, and essentially get back all of your first years dues plus. You should consider camping with us if you get these tickets, and you'll come away from the event having met some really fine people, and I guarantee you will have made some new riding friends. What are you waiting for? Get going and contact me now. First one in wins. 
No takers yet....................

IronButtAl said:

OK, you push a hard bargain, I will renew my membership, does that count    :nananana:

I guess this topic isn't getting a lot of "would be" members viewing.  Too bad because it is basically a free membership in COG if you are going to Barber

IronButtAl said:
IronButtAl said:
STILL NO TAKER FOR THESE TICKETS

NO takers? Wow that surprises me! ::)

One- COG is so much more than 'just" being a forum club
Two- As a non member, your access tot all of the club offered material online IS limited
Three- COG is full of really great people
Four- Barbersport is a really neat place to visit and besides there are loads of new friends
        awaiting to welcome you into the club.

hey, just sayin' :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

We all know there will be a forum member there, that will decide to join after
a 3-day motorcycle/libation bender...  It would be wise for someone to have
all that extra beer money in their pocket before they got there!!!!

Just sayin!!!  ;)

IronButtAl said:

As of this morning, no one has taken this offer. Jeez.................        Al

IronButtAl said:
These Barber Motorsports Park Vintage Festival tickets are STILL available.

IronButtAl said:
Still no takers on this offer. I might have to scalp these tickets off.

Well since Al isn't going to give me those tickets  :D

I just bought my 3 day pass and Camping in B, I see that area C has already sold out  :eek:

I am still on the fence about the Ace Cafe but I guess there isn't a limit on that and can purchase that at a later date.

Getting excited already  :great:

No actually the Ace Coner is also limited.

"Ace Corner" is a new hospitality located inside the track at Gate 4, atop turn 17. Guests will have the opportunity to hang out at the legendary Ace Café as well as purchase hot food, cold beer and wine. Attractions will include Café Racer TV, Dime City Cycles and other vendors, a biker build-off, motorcycle parking and live music on Friday and Saturday nights. All guests must have an Ace Corner pass, including children 12 and under. Limited availability.

cklamer said:
No actually the Ace Coner is also limited.

:-[  RIF  ;D  Thanks for the info

Damn, reading IS fundamental, I just went back to look at the tickets, and I THOUGHT (my first problem) the Ace Cafe tickets were $65 for the three days.  Did read it was $65 for admission and Ace cafe, anyway I got the Ace cafe for Friday and Saturday only cause my butt will be out of there on Sunday morning.

See you freaks there soon

IronButtAl said:
As of Friday morning, we're still looking for a new SE COG member to take these tickets from me.  Al

All right, all right, I'm in! Jeez, I got bruises from all the poking! Tent B, Three days with ACE Corner. See you girls there! Now, to go register on the COG page.

IronButtAl said:
This offer is still on the table as of this am.   

We might have a new SECOG member. I've been contacted by a South Carolina forum subscriber that said he wanted the tickets. We'll try to have him post in the INTRODUCTIONS thread if he contacts me with his info.    Al

IronButtAl said:
We might have a new SECOG member. I've been contacted by a South Carolina forum subscriber that said he wanted the tickets. We'll try to have him post in the INTRODUCTIONS thread if he contacts me with his info.    Al

:beerchug:  :great:  yea

My daughter and family lives about 20 miles from Barber. My plan is to spend Thursday night with them and come over to Barber Friday morning.

Will any COG members already be at Lot B to designate where the COG contingent will gather?  If I am the first (I am an early bird so I will be there when the "gates" are opened to set up) is there a preferred location for me to try and "reserve" for us i.e., NW corner, SE corner  etc.  Do we have a large COG  logo flag that will be flying  :great:  if not we should work on getting one, that would look cool 

Inquiring minds want to know  ;D

Jerry, I'll be in on mid day Thursday, and will establish an area. I've been basically in the same area for the last five year. Kurt was working on a flag, but not sure how that's going. Look for the group about half way down near the parking line rope which run the entire length of the camping area. If I'm not there, my C10 WILL be.    Al

Jerry, you won't be the first. I'm planning on arriving on Thursday as well as Eddie & Al. So just follow Al's directions. Should have a flag by then Al, was trying to get one before VBR3 but my flag maker has gone back to work/school.

Hey Jerry, where does your daughter live? My wife is from NE of B-ham in a little town called Oneonta. In fact she will be up there dealing with her dad that week.

All, I told Eddie that he was welcome to head up on Wednesday and overnight at my house, that offer goes out to any of COGers that may want to head up on Wednesday and only be a few hours from Barber. I live south of ATL. Have plenty of room as the kids are off at college, plus Kay will be in Bama that week.

Also, I sent Allen Chew an PM about trying to locate some firewood for us, waiting on his response. We struggled last year with the fire wood, figure if I could have a pick up load delivered, it would be worth the $.

Kurt

MotoCommuter said:
Jerry, you won't be the first. I'm planning on arriving on Thursday as well as Eddie & Al. So just follow Al's directions. Should have a flag by then Al, was trying to get one before VBR3 but my flag maker has gone back to work/school.

Hey Jerry, where does your daughter live? My wife is from NE of B-ham in a little town called Oneonta. In fact she will be up there dealing with her dad that week.

Kurt

I will look for y'all Friday morning then.  My daughter lives in Chelsea which is SE of Birmingham off Hwy 280  Google says it is 31 miles to Barber, so I should be there by 6:30  LOL 

COGnosticat0r said:
MotoCommuter said:

Kurt

I will look for y'all Friday morning then.  My daughter lives in Chelsea which is SE of Birmingham off Hwy 280  Google says it is 31 miles to Barber, so I should be there by 6:30  LOL

Jerry, 6:30, so your bringing the coffee then, right?

MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticat0r said:
Will a gallon be enough

It will be a good start. While your at it, some donuts with sprinkles on them would be good too.

There has got to be a duncan donut close by  ;D  I just had a brainstorm  :-\  I can come set up my tent and leave all my crap there Thursday night and have room in my Givi to bring donuts and coffee Friday morning.  :great: 

COGnosticat0r said:
MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticat0r said:
Will a gallon be enough

It will be a good start. While your at it, some donuts with sprinkles on them would be good too.

There has got to be a duncan donut close by  ;D  I just had a brainstorm  :-\  I can come set up my tent and leave all my crap there Thursday night and have room in my Givi to bring donuts and coffee Friday morning.  :great:

I likes your thinkin'  :great:

Eddie-FL said:
Sprinkles? Are you kidding me? I like mine with chocolate frosting. Sprinkles...jeez!
Don't worry Eddie, I am a chocoholic, unless they are chocolate sprinkles, there won't be but one  :nananana:  can't completely ignore Kurt  ;D

Eddie-FL said:
Sprinkles? Are you kidding me? I like mine with chocolate frosting. Sprinkles...jeez!

Eddie, it probably has been awhile since you've been in a donut shop but to make the sprinkles stick to the donut, you need to have some type of edible adhesive such as chocolate or frosting. So by default, when I said sprinkles, I was expecting chocolate or frosting. Actually, i'm more of fan of the apple fritters or the donuts with the jelly in them with chocolate on top.

MotoCommuter said:
Eddie-FL said:

Eddie, it probably has been awhile since you've been in a donut shop but to make the sprinkles stick to the donut, you need to have some type of edible adhesive such as chocolate or frosting. So by default, when I said sprinkles, I was expecting chocolate or frosting. Actually, i'm more of fan of the apple fritters or the donuts with the jelly in them with chocolate on top.

Damn, looks like I will just have to take orders when there Thursday evening setting up  :great:  and I will go right by a donut shop on the way from my daughters house

Another question about this rally.  I have a ton of printed papers, 3 general admission, 3 nights camping and 2 for the Ace cafe.  I guess I will have to show these when coming back into the place?  Just seems like a hassle carrying this small tree around, so just wondering what is the procedure.  Thanks

COGnosticat0r said:
Another question about this rally.  I have a ton of printed papers, 3 general admission, 3 nights camping and 2 for the Ace cafe.  I guess I will have to show these when coming back into the place?  Just seems like a hassle carrying this small tree around, so just wondering what is the procedure.  Thanks

Jerry,

Do you have a neck lanyard? I used one from a previous COG national rally last year. Would put that days tickets in it and wear it. Also, it is convenient when your on the bike, you can just flash it to them with out having to take your gloves off, root through your tank bag an such. Last year, I had the  track ticket one side and the camping ticket on the other. I guess I'll slide the Ace Corner in the middle and just pull it out when I need it.

If you don't have a neck lanyard, I might have an extra or someone else might have one.

MotoCommuter said:
If you don't have a neck lanyard, I might have an extra or someone else might have one.

Good idea Kurt, I saw one I had from a previous COG rally just the other day while looking for something else.  Now to find it again  ;D  I will do that.

COGnosticat0r said:
MotoCommuter said:

Good idea Kurt, I saw one I had from a previous COG rally just the other day while looking for something else.  Now to find it again  ;D  I will do that.

Kind of a funny moment, last year Eddie, Tom and I were over by the swap meet where the access is to the vendor area. I was standing there waiting on Tom or Eddie, and this guy on a KLR pulls up and asks me if he can park on the grass along the road. I guess I looked "official" with my lanyard on, so I said sure, and waved him on.

:08:
Hi Everyone,
We ready for Barber Vintage Festival 2013.

So some of you haven't heard from me in a while.
I have been dealing with Work and Family Medical Issues,  ???
But I am Back.

We are going to host another BBQ night during Barber Vintage Festival.
Last year we had a great time, and I am sure it will be great again.
Ask the ones who came last year, the food was incredible
Here is the link to register
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=190953&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D10%2D11%27%7D
Lets all get Register so I know what we need to have.
:103:

For the campers - I have made arragment for wood to be delivered to your camp site at Babers
Also we have a couple of coolers set up with Ice.

If you want to stay at a diffrent location, send me a email and I will give you some suggestion, but the camp ground is nice and you get to listen to Al tell a bunch of bad jokes all night long. :-[

Chew said:
:08:
Hi Everyone,
We ready for Barber Vintage Festival 2013.

So some of you haven't heard from me in a while.
I have been dealing with Work and Family Medical Issues,  ???
But I am Back.

We are going to host another BBQ night during Barber Vintage Festival.
Last year we had a great time, and I am sure it will be great again.
Ask the ones who came last year, the food was incredible
Here is the link to register
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=190953&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D10%2D11%27%7D
Lets all get Register so I know what we need to have.
:103:

For the campers - I have made arragment for wood to be delivered to your camp site at Babers
Also we have a couple of coolers set up with Ice.

If you want to stay at a diffrent location, send me a email and I will give you some suggestion, but the camp ground is nice and you get to listen to Al tell a bunch of bad jokes all night long. :-[

You da man, Allen! Glad you are back. Hope family issues are settled and you are doing well. Have registered as requested, and look forward to the bad jokes  :beerchug:

If there's someone coming to Barber that would be willing to take on writing up an article for the event, it would be nice if we could get that new(ish) perspective from a member. You need not supply all of the photos for the article, as we all will contribute. The group will supply plenty of material. That I CAN guarantee.
Please contact me here with a PM or at my club email address.      Al
                                                                                              sead@cog-online.org

Allen,

Thanks for setting up the BBQ dinner and the supply of wood. Much appreciated.

FYI, I may have an additional guest for the BBQ dinner, but won't know until closer to the date.

Kurt

No Problem on the extra people!

Hey Al no need to bring the Sat Dish.  I have a Fire Pit here, will deliver with wood.

Great. Now I can bring the thumper. The wind resistance of the dish was too great for the single to get to 80mph. Guess I'll be ready for the little bike after riding the C10 all around ID, WA & OR for 3 1/2 weeks.
Allen, thanks for all you're doing to make us comfortable at Barber for the weekend. The guys will really appreciate it...especially having reserve cold ones. Al

IronButtAl said:
Allen, thanks for all you're doing to make us comfortable at Barber for the weekend. The guys will really appreciate it...especially having reserve cold ones. Al

:great:  Thanks for setting us up for this rally Allen, I know we all appreciate the extra work.  :beerchug:  You da man  :)

COGnosticat0r said:
IronButtAl said:

:great:  Thanks for setting us up for this rally Allen, I know we all appreciate the extra work.  :beerchug:  You da man  :)

Yeah, what they said!  ;)