• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Barber Vintage Festival 2013

I signed up for the BBQ as well as a non COG guy coming from Savannah.

Looks like I will just spend Thursday night at the rally  :great: and stop by and see my daughter on the way home on Sunday

COGnosticat0r said:

Looks like I will just spend Thursday night at the rally  :great: and stop by and see my daughter on the way home on Sunday

Well crap, who is bringing the coffee and donuts with sprinkles then??

MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticat0r said:

Well crap, who is bringing the coffee and donuts with sprinkles then??

Yea, I thought about that too when I said I would be there thursday night.  Morning run will be in order.  The thought of coffee and donuts sounds good.  Depends on how hungover I am  :)

;) If you haven't seen it yet, here is the map for the track.

track-map-2013.jpg

Looks a lot like the line waiting to enter the gates on Friday, Saturday and Sunday  :mad:  Sure am glad I'm camping on site!!!!  :campfire: :beerchug:

For those wanting to come from the northeast and east:
There's rooms (and camping) available at my place to provide a layover for the trip down. I'm in northwest Georgia just 2.5 hours away. The route from here is entirely on two-lane. Just one right turn and you are at Barber.  PM me if interested.

One of the events this year is the Century Parade on Saturday"
"These bikes do not collect dust in the garage;
they are the part of history that runs.
Be in the paddock to see & hear the machines that started it all. 
To qualify for this event the motorcycle must be at least 100 years old...or older!:

At first I thought we had several members that could be in this Parade, but then I realized that they where talking about the bike being 100 years old not the rider....... :)) :rotflmao:

Look forward to seeing all you guys here, please let me know if anyone has any problems/needs that I can help with. :great:

I see lot B has sold out now  :-\

Another questions, the tent camping page I printed out has a large B on it.  Where is that displayed when camping.

Kurt, I found that lanyard from a previous COG rally, I will look official too  :)

You show the pass to the attendant at the entrance to the campground, so keep it with you at least for the first couple of days. After awhile, they get to know the COG folks  ;) that belong in the area and don't require the pass to be shown.

I went ahead and bought a Lot B camping pass so I could get in after hours.
But if it comes down to it and someone needs a camping pass just let me know.

I already have a nice room about 6 miles away close to the Hooters bar and Grill.

Chew you know wher i am talking about.  :beerchug:

"But if it comes down to it and someone needs a camping pass just let me know."

I just purchased a tent so I could camp out at this event and was disappointed that they were sold out.  I sure would appreciate it if I could purchase that camping pass from you.

Darn, Chris said someone else already bought the camping pass from him.  Guess I will miss out on this event again!!  Unless, someone purchased a camping pass and can't use it.  Let me know as I would really like to attend this.

Bobber said:
Darn, Chris said someone else already bought the camping pass from him.  Guess I will miss out on this event again!!  Unless, someone purchased a camping pass and can't use it.  Let me know as I would really like to attend this.

I wonder if there is a limit on the size of tent I could put up.  Bob, I have the Taj that is 8' x 16', two rooms.  If you wanted to haul it up on your bike you could "bunk" with me.  I am serious.  I plan on going up to Barber on Wed leaving around noon.

I am not sure how the Barber people would feel about that.

medium.jpg

That tent is just too much for me to carry since I don't have the Connie anymore, as you saw coming home from RWTW:
medium.jpg

Wow this is right around the corner :-\
I guess I better start to get the grills fired up and going. :beerchug:

Hope everyone got reg for the BBQ Night ---> Good Food, Lots of Fun.

Look forward to see all you guys

Jerry, yes I do remember the Taj Mahal and how cramped you were on your bike.  My tent arrived this evening, i set it up in the backyard.  6' tall in the center so when those evil leg cramps hit I will be able to get out of bed and stand up and try to get rid of them. 

The track ferry promised me a pass for the camp ground, so I think I am good to go now.  Thank you for thinking of me and if the track ferry has a problem, we may still go that route.

Purchased my Ace Corner plus General Admission tickets today.

Talk to you some more before we go.

Bobber said:
The track ferry promised me a pass for the camp ground, so I think I am good to go now.  Thank you for thinking of me and if the track ferry has a problem, we may still go that route.

Purchased my Ace Corner plus General Admission tickets today.

Talk to you some more before we go.

I am glad it is coming together for you  :great:  We will talk later about riding over together

Hubby and I are in with a group of local riders, we got one of the "C" camping spots.

Since it's one tent site with two riders sharing that tent, will parking both bikes be a problem?

coffee_brake said:
Hubby and I are in with a group of local riders, we got one of the "C" camping spots.

Since it's one tent site with two riders sharing that tent, will parking both bikes be a problem?

Jenn,

Alan Chew has set up a BBQ dinner for Saturday night. Go the the SE calendar and register, you can bring your friends too.

Kurt

coffee_brake said:

Jen, you won't have a problem with parking. C is where I camped for the first time 5 years ago, and you.ll be good at that site. Down side will be generators running at night, but ear plugs help eliminate that. Hope you can make the BBQ with us in Leeds, which is very close to the track, and Allen does it up right for the night.

MotoCommuter said:
coffee_brake said:

Jenn,

Alan Chew has set up a BBQ dinner for Saturday night. Go the the SE calendar and register, you can bring your friends too.

Kurt

Where is the signup for this?

coffee_brake said:

Jenn,  Right on look forward to seeing you guys at the BBQ night.

Lets remind everyone to get signed up so that I can have an estimated count.

Also at the camp ground I will drop off wood, burning pit, and a couple coolers with Ice.  Anyone else got any ideas of anything else that is needed.

Last year some of the group took to touring some of the local (and not so local  :) ) Tennessee distilleries. You could take that opportunity to buy your own local brew and bring it to the gathering...  :great:

SandShark said:
Coffee, Coffee, Coffee in the mornings would be great.
Already got that set up.......Coffee in the morning.....You will have a small generator to charge phones and make coffee.  This will be dropped off on Friday and picked up on Sunday morning.

COGnosticat0r said:
Motus City Bike night will be on Saturday of the Barber event.  Only 15 miles from Barber.  I am going to check it out after the BBQ supper.

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/bulletinboard-motus-birmingham-bike-nite.aspx#axzz2fGDdnzV7
This is a very easy rides down 78 to downtown Birmingham.....I think I will go to this too.  Easy to get to and easy to get back from......even with a full belly :))

Chew said:
SandShark said:
Coffee, Coffee, Coffee in the mornings would be great.
Already got that set up.......Coffee in the morning.....You will have a small generator to charge phones and make coffee.  This will be dropped off on Friday and picked up on Sunday morning.

COGnosticat0r said:
Motus City Bike night will be on Saturday of the Barber event.  Only 15 miles from Barber.  I am going to check it out after the BBQ supper.

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/bulletinboard-motus-birmingham-bike-nite.aspx#axzz2fGDdnzV7
This is a very easy rides down 78 to downtown Birmingham.....I think I will go to this too.  Easy to get to and easy to get back from......even with a full belly :))

You Da Man Chew    :great:  We nned to take up a collection for all your work  :beerchug:

Volcantour said:
Last year some of the group took to touring some of the local (and not so local  :) ) Tennessee distilleries. You could take that opportunity to buy your own local brew and bring it to the gathering...  :great:

You can rest assured that I will have some appropriate spirits with me :)

Bobber said:
Volcantour said:

You can rest assured that I will have some appropriate spirits with me :)

Several people that are going to be at Barber's will also be at the rally this weekend.....right up in the middle of the Tenn Distilleries.....if your not at the rally this weekend, maybe you can bribe them to bring you something......LOL >:D

Chew said:
Several people that are going to be at Barber's will also be at the rally this weekend.....right up in the middle of the Tenn Distilleries.....if your not at the rally this weekend, maybe you can bribe them to bring you something......LOL >:D

They would have to ride to Canada to get my spirit of choice  ;D  I will drink bourbon if there isn't anything else to drink  :beerchug:

Jay said:
What's your spirit of choice Jerry?

I am a Seagrams VO kinda guy, then rum then vodka.  Never l much liked the taste of bourbon and definitely not scotch  :beerchug:  A good IPA beer is nice, or german beer.  See I am not too hard to please  ;D

Connie is ready for the trip...  Camping gear is next...  Yeeeeaaaahhh  Booooooyyyyyy  :dance:

COGnosticat0r said:
Chew said:

They would have to ride to Canada to get my spirit of choice  ;D  I will drink bourbon if there isn't anything else to drink  :beerchug:

OOOH I think that is an Al Long distance ride........or a ABC run..LOL

:08: :08: :bravo_2: :bravo_2: :bravo_2:
:c029: :c029: :c029: :08: :08:
Check This Out..........
So a buddy of mine was sorting some old inventory from a business he had many years ago.
And he came across a find.....

:-\ :-\See Attachments :-\ :-\

Brand New Leather Kawasaki Jacket.......I inquired it....And Now you can win it at the BBQ

Get Registered for the BBQ Dinner
Great Friends, Great Food, 50/50 Raffle, and a few door prizes...... >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• IMG_20131001_210254_007c.jpg
    IMG_20131001_210254_007c.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 84
We only have 20 people registered.......we did 32 last year......lets get everyone registered.
I told the cooks and servers to expect 30 to 40 people.
If your not sure about coming ask some of the people that came last year.....Great time!
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

To any and all interested! I have an extra ticket to Barber for all 3 days including Ace corner. I sure don't want it to go to waste so if interested send me a message. :)

I have a 3 day camping pass for lot B that I will not be able to use due to an incident with the bike today  :'(.

So if you would like to go & don't have pass let me know.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
I have a 3 day camping pass for lot B that I will not be able to use due to an incident with the bike today  :'(.

So if you would like to go & don't have pass let me know.

Cliff, you okay?  Hoping this was just a bike boo-boo and not the result of a forcible change of direction brought about by another vehicle...

Tom I'm fine, thanks for asking. It was forcible by another vehicle, I was rear ended by another bike fairly hard.

Still have the pass for anyone that can make use of it.

Sorry to hear about your accident buddy. Jeez...there's been a rash of this bike to bike rear end stuff lately. Guess this means that you'll be in Inverness in November???

Any COG forum subscribers that would like to join with full membership and get a free three (3) day track pass for the Barber Vintage Festival this weekend? Please contact me here with a PM or at my club email address to make that happen. This is a $40.00 event pass in exchange for something you should have already done.......joining COG for all of the things you're missing by NOT being a full member. Hope I don't have to waste this 3 day pass...............    Al
sead@cog-online.org

Hey Al, are you gonna be there to get "our" area staked out? Are John and Jerry gonna be there this year? I'm just full of questions, aren't I? And don't say it 'cause I know you're thinkin' it!!!

Eddie-FL said:
Hey Al, are you gonna be there to get "our" area staked out? Are John and Jerry gonna be there this year? I'm just full of questions, aren't I? And don't say it 'cause I know you're thinkin' it!!!
Yeah it ain't the questions! :rotflmao:  Come on Al say it! :))  Y'all have fun.  It's killing me not being there, but this was the only weekend we could get our sound engineer to record. 

Thanks, Reid! I can always depend on you for support!! :)

Good luck on the recording session. I'm sure y'all will do well!

Hey Eddie, gesture. I'll be there in line at 3:00pm CORRECTED time. The mad Russian Roman in staying overnight Wednesday with me, and we'll head out for a spirited ride on Thursday. We'll have enough riders on Thursday to capture spots in about the same area, which is near the line about half way down. John & Jerry will be in with us, but not sure when they will land. John is usually first in.
What are your plans?      Al

Me and a buddy will be leaving Savannah at 10:30 am Thursday and busting the 385 miles to Barber. We should be there by 4pm local time.  :great:

Bob Sherwood, you riding with us or you got other plans?

Cliff, sorry to hear about your accident.

Do you still have the camping pass available?
If so, I would like to buy it from you.
Sent you an email with my phone numbers.

IronButtAl said:
Hey Eddie, **** you. I'll be there in line at 3:00pm CORRECTED time. The mad Russian Roman in staying overnight Wednesday with me, and we'll head out for a spirited ride on Thursday. We'll have enough riders on Thursday to capture spots in about the same area, which is near the line about half way down. John & Jerry will be in with us, but not sure when they will land. John is usually first in.
What are your plans?      Al

Plans? What plans? Some few of us will be straggling in from the east with an ETA after 3 local. I'm meeting up with Eddie and Kurt in Bremen and from there Kurt's route has a few squiggles in lieu of a straight line...

My, my, Al...what a potty mouth!  :-\
As you can see, Tom spilled the beans. I'm riding to Kurt's on Wednesday and then we're meeting up with Tom to ride in on Thursday. See y'all there!

Tent pass gone.  Still have the Ace Corner pass.
3 DayAce Corner Tickets and Lot B Tent pass.  Everything ready and I have to go up to NY State on Wed. nite through next Tuesday.  Anyone need tickets?  Barber can put in someone on the list in the tent spot but I'd like to see someone from COG be able to stay with the group.

I'm hoping to leave about 5am, which will probably put me in the area about 5pm local time.

Not that anyone cares....    :'(

Volcantour said:
Plans? What plans? Some few of us will be straggling in from the east with an ETA after 3 local. I'm meeting up with Eddie and Kurt in Bremen and from there Kurt's route has a few squiggles in lieu of a straight line...

We are leaving my house at 1100 et and meeting Tom in Bremen for lunch. Then taking a route from Heflin to Cheaha to Talladega to leeds: http://goo.gl/maps/ewMQ8

If all goes as planned and we don't have to stop to pee every 20 miles, we should be there before 1500 ct. Got my cigars and liqueur ready to go. This is shaping up to be a great time!!!

Cliff, sorry to hear about the mishap, there does seem to be more bike to bike incidents then normal. At least everyone was able to walk away from them so they can ride another day.

Ride safe ya'll.

Kurt

MotoCommuter said:
Volcantour said:

We are leaving my house at 1100 et and meeting Tom in Bremen for lunch. Then taking a route from Heflin to Cheaha to Talladega to leeds: http://goo.gl/maps/ewMQ8

If all goes as planned and we don't have to stop to pee every 20 miles, we should be there before 1500 ct. Got my cigars and liqueur ready to go. This is shaping up to be a great time!!!

Cliff, sorry to hear about the mishap, there does seem to be more bike to bike incidents then normal. At least everyone was able to walk away from them so they can ride another day.

Ride safe ya'll.

Kurt

Wait, you been traveling with my wife????

MotoCommuter said:

I have my route laid out to take Hwy 25 after you cross US 231.  That looks like a very interesting set of twisties.  Have you been on it before and is it as nice as it looks?

I have changed my plans to take the whole day off Thursday instead of a half day.  Me and my buddy Jerry Duke will be heading our earlier and meeting up with Bob Sherwood on I 16 and we should arrive around 3pm Barber time, we might just see y'all the last few miles of the trip  :beerchug:  We will be coming north on US 280 then take US 231 north to Hwy 25.  I am ready to go now  :)

COGnosticat0r said:
I have my route laid out to take Hwy 25 after you cross US 231.  That looks like a very interesting set of twisties.  Have you been on it before and is it as nice as it looks?

Jerry,

Yes, been on it a couple of times. AL Hwy 25 is a nice road to ride. Looks like we'll be on it at about the same time. I'll be riding the KLR, Eddie & Tom (one bag) on their C10s, don't know what Jim will be riding.

Kurt

MotoCommuter said:
Jerry,

Yes, been on it a couple of times. AL Hwy 25 is a nice road to ride. Looks like we'll be on it at about the same time. I'll be riding the KLR, Eddie & Tom (one bag) on their C10s, don't know what Jim will be riding.

Kurt

That is good to hear, a little lean action before we get there.  :great:

I will be on my red Speed Triple, Duke on his red Ducati and the Bobster will be on his R1200ST

Tom, get Bob to tell you how he took care of Rick Halls saddlebag off his C10  :-X

COGnosticat0r said:
MotoCommuter said:
Jerry,

Kurt

That is good to hear, a little lean action before we get there.  :great:

I will be on my red Speed Triple, Duke on his red Ducati and the Bobster will be on his R1200ST

Tom, get Bob to tell you how he took care of Rick Halls saddlebag off his C10  :-X

I've personally observed how to 'take care' of a saddlebag - question is, how does one repair it afterwards???  ???

Rick Hall shoulda been out of the way!!  Oh well, maybe we can retell this one around the campfire after a few toddies.  Looking forward to a really fun weekend.  Oh, and if you need to have a spring reset while on the road, Jerry is the man!

Volcantour said:
:)) There are tales to be told, for sure! Looking forward to it.

Yes there are, after a few toddies, find out what spring Bob is talking about and why it needed to be "reset"  :))

One more day then we are off  :beerchug:

Was just checking the Barber's site and looks like some Lot B camping sites have become available.

https://events.cuetoems.com/bvf_2013/OnlineTicketSales.aspx

cklamer said:
Was just checking the Barber's site and looks like some Lot B camping sites have become available.

https://events.cuetoems.com/bvf_2013/OnlineTicketSales.aspx

Maybe they cleared out some of the "back 40"  ;D

COGnosticat0r said:
MotoCommuter said:

I have changed my plans to take the whole day off Thursday instead of a half day.  Me and my buddy Jerry Duke will be heading our earlier and meeting up with Bob Sherwood on I 16 and we should arrive around 3pm Barber time, we might just see y'all the last few miles of the trip  :beerchug:  We will be coming north on US 280 then take US 231 north to Hwy 25.  I am ready to go now  :)

Yes Hwy 25 get a little fun towards the end.  Couple of Nice switchbacks........ :-\

Chew said:
COGnosticat0r said:
MotoCommuter said:

Yes Hwy 25 get a little fun towards the end.  Couple of Nice switchbacks........ :-\

I do recall seeing some interesting moves at the end when playing the route through Google Maps 3D...as well as at a few other places  >:D

What a great weekend.  The weather was perfect, Allen really took care of the group, :great: thanks for all you did for us.

Here is a link to the pictures I took:
https://plus.google.com/photos/109555615511746274009/albums/5934382495406113361?banner=pwa&authkey=CNDkgI6p2PiA5gE

COGnosticat0r said:
What a great weekend.  The weather was perfect, Allen really took care of the group, :great: thanks for all you did for us.

https://plus.google.com/photos/109555615511746274009/albums/5934382495406113361?banner=pwa&authkey=CNDkgI6p2PiA5gE

Nice photos, Jerry! Got home after having a great time as well.

COGnosticat0r said:

Jerry, did you talk to the guys at the Blue Moon tent in the pits, picture #6. Friends of mine, good folk. How'd you like those Chinese sidecar rigs?

Great weekend!  Great venue!  I had a great time.

A special thanks to Allen for going above and beyond
to make everyone as happy and comfortable as possible.

Of Course, Thanks to IronbuttAl, and COG for another
great time!

I only made it to Valdosta GA today, Will finish my
trek home tomorrow. :(

Connie went strong, the rider pooped out...

(Here Mcfly.... have more rum.... agghhh ::) )

Got home at 6:55pm from my first trip to Barber's. All I can say is, "WOW!"  Great times with great folks.  :beerchug: Allen Chew is THE MAN!  :great: If you didn't come, you missed a great time.

I was a newbie to Barber's vintage days too. Loved it all!

Thanks Allen and Al and everybody else for making it even better!

Hey everyone I know that you guys had as much fun at Barber's as I did.  :motonoises:
Bike, Racing, Museum, Swap Meet, Food, and of course Friends.
Perfect combination.

Looking Forward to Next Year

Good Times!!

Eddie & Allen (Canada) and I made it to my house about 530pm. Cooked some dinner and told some more lies. Allen just took off, headed for the Tail of the Dragon. Eddie is about to head south.

Maybe next year, I could trailer my little DR 125 and bring better camping supplies for everyone.

Kurt

gPink said:
COGnosticat0r said:

Jerry, did you talk to the guys at the Blue Moon tent in the pits, picture #6. Friends of mine, good folk. How'd you like those Chinese sidecar rigs?

No, I didn't talk to them but I am familiar with them from my BMW riding buddies

After my lay over in Valdosta, GA, where I was spoiled rotten with a King Bed, and
a hot bath (I forgot how awesome a hot bath is, being the shower type), I eventually
got home about 1:15pm.  Time to "de-grass" the gear... (lotsa grass!)

I definitely need a new saddle.  Ooch.  :(

COGnosticat0r said:
gPink said:
COGnosticat0r said:

No, I didn't talk to them but I am familiar with them from my BMW riding buddies

Thanks for posting the pictures. :great:

Jerry (Holland) thanks for posting the pictures. Almost as many Jerrys there this weekend as we have Steves in Florida! And, we were strangely Steve-less this weekend. A very strange feeling! Thanks again to Allen Chew for putting together a superb effort to provide for us. Thanks to Kurt for his hospitality. And thanks to everyone else for a great time! Hey, McFly...yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!  :))