• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

    Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

    Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

  • FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

  • *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bowling

strum

Member
Member
Hey guys my wife and I recently purchased the bowling alley in Blairsville  and since a lot of yall are coming to Helen and riding very close I want to invite you to stop in and see us.
  If you're a COG member you and your family (up to 5 total) can have 2 free games each on me just pay shoe rental.  Good from June 19th-the 25th.
  Must show COG membership card.

 
 
 

face33

Sport Tourer
Congrats - and see you there !

Can a guy get a White Russian in your fine establishment? I tend to feel like the Big Lebowsky with a bowling ball in my hand -)


:beerchug:
 

rev ryder

COG Executive Director
Member
Cool Strum!  That's a very generous offer to make.  Hopefully well get around to visit.  May not bowl, but always great to meet new friends. :beerchug:
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
Very Cool. I'm not a bowler but I wouldn't mind sitting there with Fais discussing rugs man.  :great: :beerchug: Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. Unless it's on shabba. I don't roll on shabba.  ;)
 

smithr

Member
Member
First I might have to find out what "Corn Hole Games" are?  I aint from them parts and that just sounds bad.

BTW you might want to contact the rally crew and offer a prize or discount to rally goers rather than just posting here.  Many of our members don't forum.
 

strum

Member
Member
smithr1 said:
First I might have to find out what "Corn Hole Games" are?  I aint from them parts and that just sounds bad.

BTW you might want to contact the rally crew and offer a prize or discount to rally goers rather than just posting here.  Many of our members don't forum.

Your from the south and dont know what cornhole is ?  lol  Its kind of like horse shoes except you throw a bean bag (filled with corn) at a slighty tilted board with a
  hole in it.
 

smithr

Member
Member
In Texas we call that Washers and washers are used and not bean bags.  They sell fancy kits now in  the stores with painted washers and everything.  We always made our own.  Just started seeing them in stores about 5 years ago.
 

rev ryder

COG Executive Director
Member
strum said:
Your from the south and dont know what cornhole is ?  lol  Its kind of like horse shoes except you throw a bean bag (filled with corn) at a slightly tilted board with a
  hole in it.

I'm with Bob here.  And here in Texas it just don't sound right.  :-\

And furthermore... a "bean" bag filled with corn would not be a bean bag, it would be a cornbag and somehow that don't sound right either.  But not on the same level as cornhole.
Now I've lived other places and have played Bean Bag Toss which is apparently the same game (and while I assume there were beans in the little bags it may have been corn), but never heard it called cornhole.  But different regions certainly have their own idiosyncrasies of dialect and culture.  Who in Texas knew?  :smiley_confused1:
 

Solomookie

Street Cruiser
strum said:
smithr1 said:
First I might have to find out what "Corn Hole Games" are?  I aint from them parts and that just sounds bad.

Your from the south and dont know what cornhole is ?  lol  Its kind of like horse shoes except you throw a bean bag (filled with corn) at a slighty tilted board with a
  hole in it.

smithr1 said:
In Texas we call that Washers and washers are used and not bean bags. 

Up here in PA, I've played the game with either washers or bean bags.  And I've heard it called "cornhole", but I agree...  That just doesn't sound right!  :-\
 

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Member
Solomookie said:
strum said:
smithr1 said:
First I might have to find out what "Corn Hole Games" are?  I aint from them parts and that just sounds bad.

Your from the south and dont know what cornhole is ?  lol  Its kind of like horse shoes except you throw a bean bag (filled with corn) at a slighty tilted board with a
  hole in it.

smithr1 said:
In Texas we call that Washers and washers are used and not bean bags. 

Up here in PA, I've played the game with either washers or bean bags.  And I've heard it called "cornhole", but I agree...  That just doesn't sound right!  :-\

Y'all might want to be careful who you ask about that over where Ted and that crew's going rafting in Helen.... :rotflmao:
 

davemuir

Crotch Rocket
strum said:
Camper Dave said:
ya, can we get back to bowling...
What kind of beer you have on tap???  :beerchug:

  Sorry no beer but we do have slushies :great:
So.... we can bring our favorite slushie enhancer  >:D

Last year, I managed to get our team a local brewery sponsor (they gave us tee-shirts) and the bowling alley kindly made sure they had our beer on tap.
I'm really not sure I can bowl without some enhancement  :D
 

kzzg1000

Mini Bike
Few years back I bought the guts of a 32 lane alley. Four days to move 40+tons of equipment...quite the work out.
 
Top