• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Citrus County Concours Cruise #7 Florida in November

IronButtAl

Guess it's not too early to start this up, as I'll be on the road for two months and won't have a chance to get it started until the third week of October. So.......
Free rally weekend for everyone, including no cost registration, all the food except breakfast, and then we have some very frugal options for that, BBQ dinner on Saturday night, good riding area, in the country where it's quiet and safe, good camping for tents, two bedrooms with queen beds for any couples attending, lots of fire wood, and a keg or two for after the riding. Please contact me here with a PM for any questions, or use my club email address for help.
Al    > sead@cog-online'org <

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=174680&mo=11&tDate={d%20%272013-11-30%27}

Yes you do.......... Got an extra bike if you need to fly in, or Mike will lend you one of his many.    Al

Alan, it's actually in November. He was just saying that with all his planned travel, he wouldn't be able to do anything to set it up until October. At least, that's what I think he said... :)

IronButtAl said:
Yes you do.......... Got an extra bike if you need to fly in, or Mike will lend you one of his many.    Al

I'll have to get with Mikey. He's been off the radar lately..I would then fly into Daytona or even hit up EagleRider if Mike's booked up.

Al, this shows to be a Sat Sun Mon event.  Is that correct?  Doesn't matter to me, just wondering cause I plan on being there and probably Jean will come too.

Yep, I'm in. Plan on camping. Plan on arriving Friday evening. Looking forward to drinking all Al's liquor and smoking all his cigars!!

Kurt

MotoCommuter said:
Yep, I'm in. Plan on camping. Plan on arriving Friday evening. Looking forward to drinking all Al's liquor and smoking all his cigars!!

Kurt
Well, there goes the neighborhood!  :beerchug:

Jerry, I just realized the dates/posting were from last year without an update to the calendar dates. I've just fixed that, and it now will show F/15th-S17th. Come down early and leave late....I've no where else to go or be at. You two want to camp in a tent or want a bed? Had riders in the camper & boat overnight last year, so we'll make it work. This has taken off faster than ever before, and that's a good thing. I have my own smoker and a big ass picnic table that I didn't have last year.            Al

Eddie-FL said:
MotoCommuter said:

Kurt
Well, there goes the neighborhood!  :beerchug:

More like, here comes the party!!  :beer:  :party0036:

IronButtAl said:
Jerry, I just realized the dates/posting were from last year without an update to the calendar dates. I've just fixed that, and it now will show F/15th-S17th. Come down early and leave late....I've no where else to go or be at. You two want to camp in a tent or want a bed? Had riders in the camper & boat overnight last year, so we'll make it work. This has taken off faster than ever before, and that's a good thing. I have my own smoker and a big ass picnic table that I didn't have last year.            Al

Al, we don't mind tent camping so leave the beds for other couples that may not camp.  We will be there around 1PM on Friday 11-15. Sounds like a party to me  :beerchug:

I hope to be able to make it this time... if I don´t have a last minute business trip again...

Hope you see you soon guys...

JP

Iceman said:
Steve J, you still have windows on the house over there?
That was about a mile and a half from my house. Slept right through it. I didn't know sumpin was up until I tried turning on the road(CO 448) that goes right by it. Road was closed, all kinds of emergency vehicles. That was about 4 am. the next morning.

I have this event locked in on my calendar. I will probably just stay at my house (about 20 minutes away) instead of camping.

Al, count me in for this again. I had a great time last year. This time though, I'm making sure to bring my ear plugs! A tent just doesn't cut any noise. See you then.
Tom Boyle

douglasjre said:
+1.. I'm recently housebroken. Can I get some space in the house?
D

Now we have to terrorize him and his newest "squeeze" after a GOOD nights rest?? I protest. He must sleep in tent or the boat. Maybe a shed, but certainly not a bedroom. 

Hey Doug!  ;)

I'm in Al as long as I don't have to travel to far distant states for work. And that may be a problem. But I'll cross that bridge.

Mike

I've got two main issues with this: 1. It's in FL which is one of my least favorite places to ride.  :sign0137: 2. I end up spending almost 3 days looking at Al Norcross. :-\ On the other hand: 1.  :campfire:  :beerchug: and free food can make up for a lot. Still on the fence.

Your better half Eddie will be crushed if you don't make it. There's some good riding around, and I've got some new routes to prove it. Load up your Honda (Civic) and the tent trailer and make it down. Come early and stay late to really make it count. You'll hate yourself when you read all of the chatter about how great it was. On the fence.....are you kidding me.    Al

Patti, got you and Dave covered with a bedroom across from the guest bath. Three couples are in so far.                    Al

IronButtAl said:
Patti, got you and Dave covered with a bedroom across from the guest bath. Three couples are in so far.                    Al

Suh-weet!!! Can't wait! But forgive me if I'm moving slowly that weekend. Two weekends before this event I'll be doing the Tough Mudder (again) and the weekend before is my first Crossfit competition. I fear I may need much (hops-related) therapy.  :beerchug:

Ranger Jim said:
I've got two main issues with this: 1. It's in FL which is one of my least favorite places to ride.  :sign0137: 2. I end up spending almost 3 days looking at Al Norcross. :-\ On the other hand: 1.  :campfire:  :beerchug: and free food can make up for a lot. Still on the fence.

Jim, ride to Savannah and stay with us on Thursday night and ride down with me and Jean on Friday, then you can stay with us Sunday night and go home on Monday  :great:

IronButtAl said:
This could be  really interesting, Al. How many couples do you plan in putting in that bedroom??  :06:

Oh, and  :beer:

Oh, y'all are just tooooo funny! C'mon down, Jim. Patty and her bear hat...how can ya' miss it? And Jerry' got a good idea!

You know, Jerry, that's not a half bad idea. Jean is a whole lot easier on the eyes than Al  :great:. It could work like a vaccination before exposure and a booster afterward. Now if you could do something about riding in FL.  :mad:  Al, you say you've got some "good" roads; I've got the BRP, Wolfpen Gap. Moonshiner 28, NC Hwy 215, US Hwy 276, US 129 over Blood Mountain, Tail of the Dragon, etc. all within 3 hours or less and I've got thousands of twisty county roads right outside my door.  Coming to C3#7, for me anyway, is more about the people that the riding. :)

:'( :'( :'( :'(      Jim, DON"T COMPLANE so much about the roads in your area :'( :'( :'(    We all can't be so LUCKY! :mad: :mad:  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Ranger Jim said:
You know, Jerry, that's not a half bad idea. Jean is a whole lot easier on the eyes than Al  :great:. It could work like a vaccination before exposure and a booster afterward. Now if you could do something about riding in FL.  :mad:  Al, you say you've got some "good" roads; I've got the BRP, Wolfpen Gap. Moonshiner 28, NC Hwy 215, US Hwy 276, US 129 over Blood Mountain, Tail of the Dragon, etc. all within 3 hours or less and I've got thousands of twisty county roads right outside my door.  Coming to C3#7, for me anyway, is more about the people that the riding. :)

Unless I googled the wrong house, Al is the only person I know with a recliner in his garage..Nice bike lift too..

You really should keep your garage door closed. Never know who could be trolling :)

Rasmith said:
Unless I googled the wrong house, Al is the only person I know with a recliner in his garage..Nice bike lift too..

You really should keep your garage door closed. Never know who could be trolling :)
That's the nice thing about being in the country. We ALL know who should or should NOT be trolling. That....and there's always enough gunfire coming from my house to "discourage" any interlopers.

If I was an interloper, I'd be worried!..

Speaking of Guns..I just got my latest reciprocity update. Full acceptance in all states mapped to and from Rally..Bout dang time too..I had my application filled for a FL CCW with pics taken ready to send..I can pitch it now.

Hey Alan... go ahead and register yourself... we can make this ride together from SSF...  just to add couple more miles to your 20,000!!!!! this year...

JP

Ok Al and all,
    my young lady and I will be attending. Looking forward to it!!

We're in for sure, COG # 9334 couldn't miss such!  Al if its OK and won't inconvenience you I may need to bring a tent and such up from Tampa ahead of the event. I'll have Teressa with me during the event, all that and her might not fit on the bike 

Also if you need anything last minute please don't hesitate to let me know

I'm in...  May only be in for Sat-Sun, but then again, a sudden case of "Idratherberidingandthendrinkingalsbeerinsteadofworking"-itis could
get me there on Friday.... :beerchug:

#9334 in a Textile Hilton?? Cool.

I'm thinking this Citrus Cruise is gonna be epic, talked about through the ages. It just has that feel to it.

Yeehaw!

:motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :beerchug: :beerchug:

I'll be bringing my collapsible Ritz-Carlton...  I certainly hope there'll be concierge service...
It would be nice to come back to my poly-nylon suite and have one of dem thar
fancy-schmancy chocolates on the pillow.  ;)

Mcfly said:
I'll be bringing my collapsible Ritz-Carlton...  I certainly hope there'll be concierge service...
It would be nice to come back to my poly-nylon suite and have one of dem thar
fancy-schmancy chocolates on the pillow.  ;)

Be careful, Al has cats  :D  :rotflmao:

Ill be heading down from tennessee do you have to know a password to get into Florida???????Hey Al save me a camping space if you will- one with roomservice would be nice!!!!!!!!!!

ltmcvickers said:
Ill be heading down from tennessee do you have to know a password to get into Florida???????Hey Al save me a camping space if you will- one with roomservice would be nice!!!!!!!!!!

Jack, strap a walker on the back of the bike, they will pass you through the check point  :rotflmao:

COGnosticat0r said:
ltmcvickers said:

Jack, strap a walker on the back of the bike, they will pass you through the check point  :rotflmao:
Just for clarification, any of the agricultural check in stations will give you a ten day pass with just the walker. Any thing more will require paperwork from a doctor specializing in geriatrics. :beerchug:

I'm in, And Al, I have a new air bag this year so I won't have to borrow the one with the leak like last year  :mad: Now... I do have one request ... can You reserve a spot next to the boat for me and steve J ? We like the beautiful music.  :beerchug:  :))  Hi Doug

Our friend Doug is (so far) solo Suzuki on this ride. Fact is, no one has taken the boat yet. Camper, floor air mattress, and two bedrooms are gone, so maybe I haven't advertised the boat enough. If you lack a tent, or the desire to sleep in a tent, the boat has a nice double berth forward to make a good nights sleep possible. Depending of the weather elements, it could be the best place to sleep here. Contact me for this first called first served option.
The band starts on Saturday night at eight.
This is getting really big. I like..................          Al

Al, Just finished my 12,000 mile cross country trip :great:. Can I bring the cage and just hang for party?? :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :) :-\ :D ;D

ltmcvickers said:
Ill be heading down from tennessee do you have to know a password to get into Florida???????

No passwords... there is a riding test though.  You have to be able to ride in a straight line indefinitely.  :mad:

Mcfly said:
ltmcvickers said:
Ill be heading down from tennessee do you have to know a password to get into Florida???????

No passwords... there is a riding test though.  You have to be able to ride in a straight line indefinitely.  :mad:

Now that's funny. Good one, Marty.

Mcfly said:
I'm in...  May only be in for Sat-Sun, but then again, a sudden case of "Idratherberidingandthendrinkingalsbeerinsteadofworking"-itis could
get me there on Friday.... :beerchug:

Well, it seems I have the opportunity to get the time off from work.  :dance:  I'm even going to ride in on Friday (my day off)
to make sure I'm the first one putting in for the time off...  I even have the following Monday off for recoup... 
mood_drunk.gif

Mcfly said:
ltmcvickers said:

:motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:  :-[

we need this event, southeast was weak in the Concourier magazine this time when usually we represent!

Steve said:
we need this event, southeast was weak in the Concourier magazine this time when usually we represent!

Natchez Trace Rally should show as a more than adequate representation of what the Southeast has to offer. In short, it was fabulous.

I've asked Teri Conrad to do the article on the Trace ride for the Concourier. This will ensure we have a well written article complete with pictures. FYI, this will be from a new members perspective, as Teri is our newest SE member as of the end of the rally. We sure are glad to have her in our area membership, even though she technically doesn't live in one of the SE seven states.      Al

IronButtAl said:
We sure are glad to have her in our area membership, even though she technically doesn't live in one of the SE seven states.      Al
We'll just give her a green card!

IronButtAl said:
I've asked Teri Conrad to do the article on the Trace ride for the Concourier. This will ensure we have a well written article complete with pictures.

As opposed to that piece a crap someone wrote about the RWTW.  :nananana:

The Riding Librarian said:
IronButtAl said:
I've asked Teri Conrad to do the article on the Trace ride for the Concourier. This will ensure we have a well written article complete with pictures.

As opposed to that piece a crap someone wrote about the RWTW.  :nananana:

Must have been a long winded woman wrote that  :29:

That was a great write up, we need you to write up all the gatherings whether you are there or not.  :great:

Well, you beat me to the punch on that one. Having just had the time to read your article on the Wolf, I'll state here and now that your article was one of the most well written and entertaining articles that I've had the pleasure to read in a long time. Thanks for saying yes to do it, and thank you for doing such a good job of it.
Look forward to seeing you in November.....if not sooner. The SE is lucky to have so many quality scribes.      Al

Too bad there is not a fishing emoticon, or I would have included it in my last post.  ;D

Seriously though, thank you. It was my pleasure and anytime you would like me to do it again, just say the word.

REALLY looking forward to seeing everyone in November!  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
Yep, A very nice article written about the Wolf by the Bear woman!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Best this entry be read instead of spoken is all I have to write....

:D ;D    Do we have to book a tent sight? Looks like it could be booked up :great: :great: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:  What happened?? :-[ :rotflmao: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :great:

Looks like it's a go. Living on the Northern Frontier of the Southeast region, the weather can turn pretty nasty in Nov. but the plan is to be there.

Glad you can make it Tim. You might want to collect Jack McVickers in Hohenwald on your way down. Jack has some new heated gear I heard. There also Cliff Burnette from Greenbrier, AR coming, and he also has some new heated gear. Do you see a trend here?. Anyway, it will be nice once you get to Inverness. It's the best of weather in FL in November. Look forward to seeing you buddy.    Al

Hi, I joined shortly after the ride to Clewiston last summer. Enjoyed the people and the ride. I'm going to try to make this rally, When I knew for sure, I will ad my name to the list. My bike should be fine for the ride other then lack of storage. I don't have any sort of tent or sleeping bag. I can ruff it rather well as long as it is not too cold.

J said:
Hi, I joined shortly after the ride to Clewiston last summer. Enjoyed the people and the ride. I'm going to try to make this rally, When I knew for sure, I will ad my name to the list. My bike should be fine for the ride other then lack of storage. I don't have any sort of tent or sleeping bag. I can ruff it rather well as long as it is not too cold.

:welcome: :13:          You can do it,    MAN UP :beerchug:  Is the over flow camping on the other side of the cannal now open? :)) :))

Chris Mazuros said:
I will be there. Any Friday activities this year?

Define "activities", please.

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:  ;)

Anybody been here? It's a short drive from my house, and a very fun day if you're a gear head like me. Working on group discount for all of us. I've been, but would like to go back to see all that I missed. Too much to see in a day, but we could give it a try.      Al
http://garlits.com/museum.htm

IronButtAl said:
Anybody been here? It's a short drive from my house, and a very fun day if you're a gear head like me. Working on group discount for all of us. I've been, but would like to go back to see all that I missed. Too much to see in a day, but we could give it a try.      Al
http://garlits.com/

When I clicked on the link Avast virus software said it blocked a malicious virus software so be careful

I put a new link to replace the other. It should be better, as the last one didn't have the /museum at the end..        Al

Yes Al, I have been there a couple of times. It is VERY cool  and you could easily spend a full afternoon or morning there. They even have a few drag bikes as well. If your a gear head then this IS the place to go see.
You can count me in

SteveJ. said:

I'm thinking this Citrus Cruise is gonna be epic, talked about through the ages. It just has that feel to it.

Yeehaw!

Actually its a nylon Hyatt!

Can't wait as this event is going to have epic. Teressa is riding her blue crotch rocket. I'll be on the sweet klr if it's not sold by then !

Steve said:
SteveJ. said:

Yeehaw!

Actually its a nylon Hyatt!

Can't wait as this event is going to have epic. Teressa is riding her blue crotch rocket. I'll be on the sweet klr if it's not sold by then !

:great:  :beerchug:

:-\  Who is in charge of the weather for Saturday :'( :truce:.  I'd like to put a request in for SUN and not the other that's forecasted for Inverness Fl. :'( :mad: :great: :confuse:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
:-\  Who is in charge of the weather for Saturday :'( :truce:.  I'd like to put a request in for SUN and not the other that's forecasted for Inverness Fl. :'( :mad: :great: :confuse:

Meteorologists can't predict tomorrow's weather accurately, never mind 6 days out.
I'll bet that forecast changes before friday.  Besides, it's Florida, rain is forecast everyday...

I like to think of it as a 50% chance they got the forecast right!    :D

Mcfly said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:

Meteorologists can't predict tomorrow's weather accurately, never mind 6 days out.
I'll bet that forecast changes before friday.  Besides, it's Florida, rain is forecast everyday...

I like to think of it as a 50% chance they got the forecast right!    :D

:celebrate:  Everyday rain is in S. Fl. NOT North Central.  By Wed. looking at radar we will have a better idea on what will happen. Just in case I'm right and your wrong, is there going to be a large canopy tent for everyone to gather under to stay dry? :campfire: O:)