• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Citrus County Concours Cruise #7 Florida in November

kawcon14rider said:
At least they are not calling for the low 30s on the morning that you plan to head out.  :-[

We'd tackle that anyway  :beerchug:

20110706-DSC_1358.jpg

Looks like we might have a good venue for testing rain gear out this weekend. I already know mine leaks like a sieve.
Reminds me of my pop's wise words about riding in the rain
"you can only get so wet before the rain runs right off ya"

:'(  50 % chance of moisture in the air for Saturday according to the man who is sometimes right. I know where I'd place my money. ;) In a plastic baggie along w/my phone. ;)  As long as the garage isn't filled w/ bikes there will be a roof for all of us to get under to converse  : celebrate:at night. :beerchug:    Maybe even sleeping room for a air mattress and cote, I hope. :great: :campfire: :1rij:  :celebrate:

Let the speculation begin. I think we'll be fine with the weather HERE. Front is moving along faster than anticipated, and my feeling is that MAYBE we'll get some showers on Saturday......MAYBE not. For those of you in a different weather window, tuning in to your local forecast is not going to match up with the second tier FL forecast ( Tally being the first tier ). Being a sailboat owner in FL for 16 years and staying on top of the weather as a National Weather Service spotter, I don't put a lot of stock in the 30% for Friday & 40% for Saturday chance of rain. We may get some showers, but it will NOT be a rain event as we know it in FL.
I'll have the hanging rope and tar with feathers handy for everyone if I'm wrong, but I seldom am.
There's a 12X20 canopy and a 12X12 pop-up to ensure we can get through our meals....just in case. Get here as soon as you can. Roman and I may be into the Vodka tonight, and could use rescuing early tomorrow morning.    Al

It's down to 30% now....

I believe, in Florida. a 30% chance of rain actually means somewhere in the state of
Florida, it's going to rain for 30 minutes... it doesn't mean over your head.

I work outside everyday, and under 50% means no rain... at least where' I'm at (in Florida).

We'll be just fine.

Looks like I will be leaving out from the coldest area in the lower 48 (currently 23 degrees) in about an hour or so.  :-\ Now tell me why you don't need heated gear in South Carolina.  :-[
See everyone around 8 in the morning,  :great:

Jean and I will not be able to make it this weekend for personal reasons, nothing drastic, it will just keep us from being there.  :(

I know everyone will have a ball and I hate I will miss this.  :beerchug:

Ride safe and see y'all down the road.    :great:

kawcon14rider said:
Looks like I will be leaving out from the coldest area in the lower 48 (currently 23 degrees) in about an hour or so.  :-\ Now tell me why you don't need heated gear in South Carolina.  :-[
See everyone around 8 in the morning,  :great:

Have  safe trip.  I very often use my heated gear when I ride up that far North
bigthumb.gif

COGnosticat0r said:
Jean and I will not be able to make it this weekend for personal reasons, nothing drastic, it will just keep us from being there.  :(

Well...that sucks.

SteveJ. said:
COGnosticat0r said:

Well...that sucks.

Yea it does, sometimes life gets in the way of fun  :(

Not trying to piggyback on Jerry and Jean's post, but it looks like Joni and I will have to bail on this one.  :mad:  I've waited until the last minute to see if it will get better.  We have a stomach bug going on in our household and I can't risk bringing it down there. 

I know it will be a blast, I sure enjoyed last years CCC.    We will hang back here this weekend and get over this bug.    Y'all have fun. 

Just at 6 hours till I get on my flight. Tick tick tick.....

Was a might peckish last night. Couldn't work out or even stay away past 8:30. Feeling right as rain today, albeit a tad cold up here in the ATL.  :-\  I thought Georgia was the SOUTH! And I'm a native Georgian! Whooo can't wait to ride where it's a bit warmer than here.

Miss y'all that can't make it due to illness, etc. Keep safe and take care.

Tick tick tick..... :)
Mike

Bummer about Jerry and Reid.  :( Steve and I shall have one or 10 around the campfire in both your honors'.

As for my two cents on any rain,; ain't know of us that sweet, (except for Jo) we ain't gonna melt.

I have to work till at least 3 tomorrow, blah blah blah so Dave and I won't make dinner, but save us a spot around the campfire..or garage whichever the case may be.

:beerchug:

Bike's ready, Tent bag is ready, got the clothes packed...  Bike is light without the 'extra' gear....  I'll be
lookin' at a noon'ish' arrival on Friday. 

Safe ride in everyone!

I agree...bummer about Jerry and Reid , plus their wonderful wives not making it..was looking forward to some interesting conversations. Feel better sssoooooonnnnn!
Gwynn- We'll miss seeing you too!

Patti you cracked me up..guess you don't know me that well yet :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It is a workee,workee weekend but....

See you all Fri at dinner time!! :)

sh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*t
sh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*t
sh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*tsh*t

I caught a nasty cold this week, I'm not gonna come over and spread it around.

Y'all have fun. (duh)

Jo said:
Patti you cracked me up..guess you don't know me that well yet :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It is a workee,workee weekend but....

See you all Fri at dinner time!! :)

Well, maybe. All the more reason we need to spend more time together and cause more trouble.  >:D

I'm getting out of work earlier than expected, so I'm hoping to make it up there by 6:30ish. You better still be there!

I've got to make a decision for in the morning.

Have new rider Teressa ride 1st time in rain and 2nd time on suber-slab for her first real trip piloting her own bike, or come up in the cager.  Both options are beyond horrific
lol.gif

Steve said:

Have new rider Teressa ride 1st time in rain and 2nd time on suber-slab for her first real trip piloting her own bike, or come up in the cager.  Both options are beyond horrific
lol.gif
Hey. She's new. Do the cage. There will be other days. You might wanna wait to make the call until tomorrow a.m., though.

The Riding Librarian said:
What??? Nooooo!  :mad:

Yeah, I know. See ya around. :great: :beerchug: :beerchug:

I A$$ume you're on it, but pics for sure of tall Steve and his, uh, hat.  :great: :rotflmao: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
Steve said:

lol.gif
Hey. She's new. Do the cage. There will be other days. You might wanna wait to make the call until tomorrow a.m., though.

Yes sir, thats what I'm going to do.  If it appears we can get her up there with only a slight chance of a sprinkle its game on.  Otherwise I'll cage it.  I hate caging it.

WISH YOU WERE COMING

Won't be able to make it.

My Peripheral Neuropathy is acting up and only have about 25%-50% strength in my left hand and can hardly pull in the clutch.

On top of that I start new medication and it has light headed and is effecting my equilibrium. Not a good time to ride  :(

:beerchug: Have a great time and drink a beer for me  :beerchug:

Steve said:
SteveJ. said:
Steve said:

lol.gif

Yes sir, thats what I'm going to do.  If it appears we can get her up there with only a slight chance of a sprinkle its game on.  Otherwise I'll cage it.  I hate caging it.

WISH YOU WERE COMING
You wouldn't say that iff'n you could hear my coughing, sneezing, and sniffling self.

Hey folks, don't be freezing yourselves silly. I know it's a tad below 70 right now, but I'm confident you have what it takes to weather this cold snap...  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

FYI folks - Teressa and I are heading up.  I couldn't make her ride her first time in rain on a trip on her bike.  I'm in a cage.  Crazy!

Another CCCC is done! To all who couldn't make it, we did miss you. Even though the weather sucked big time, Al and Nancy managed to keep us all happy and (relatively) dry! Good food and, of course, the famous COG SE good times! We had some new folks with us this year (welcome!) and Calvin and Linda Underwood stopped by and hung out with us. It was good to see everyone. Hats off to Nancy and Al for CCCC #7!

Eddie-FL said:
Hats off to Nancy and Al for CCCC #7!

:iagree:    :pDT_Armataz_01_37:

My first CCCC, and hopefully not my last.  It was great seeing familiar faces, and meeting some new ones.
Fortunately, the weather broke Sunday morning, and I stretched out my ride home from 140 to a paltry 270 miles,
and a great day of riding up by Ocala Nat'l Forest... (even loaded down) 

Even with a 40% chance of rain ( :-\ sarcasm :-\)

I still got to see the Don Garlitz museum, eat breakfast in a drug store (a first for this New Yawka)
chow down on some of Al's delicious BBQ, and enjoy great evenings around the traditional SECOG camp fire. 
A total win!

Al and Nancy did a fantastic job.  Thank You both!  :great:

A great time for sure. Nice ride back to SC with no rain. The road was wet a large part of the way but the rain stayed ahead of me.
Thanks Al and Nancy for the great job and BIG Welcome that you gave all of us. Glad to see some old friends and make some new ones. Looks like my COG family just growing and growing. Thanks again to all for who helped make this another great event. :great: :beerchug: :beerchug:

GREAT TIME, thanks AL Nancy and EVERYONE!

Face - Palm can be defined as showing up for a sport touring event in a Tundra Truck!

Fortunately the cold spell temps weren't THAT cold even though it rained on and off  :great:

CAM00481.jpg

I figure if it is going to be a rainy dreary weekend it is best to eat really good food , hang out with really good friends, drink expensive good  liquor and have a good time and I did just that.
Hopefully soon the hangover will wear off.

A huge thank you to Al & Nancy for hosting the event, and for their 5 star hospitality. The food,.fun, and entertainment easily made up for the 40 hrs of rain,.easily....
Thanks to all the fellow crazies, er, um,.I mean COGgers. You all are flippin awesome!! Truly a blast!
-Peace & Love,
    James, & Sarah

:16:  Well the weather man was RIGHT on this call. :sorry:  But,  It didn't seem to make any difference on having a GOOD time w/this group.  :1rij:  Next year there will be gun shooting competition at the boat in the water that never sinks.  :)) :violent-smiley-007: Targets will be set up. :sign0103: :violent-smiley-007: :violent-smiley-007: So every body bring your fire power.  Prizes will be awarded. :sign0024: :sign0024: :sign0024: :sign0135:  The camp fire was the BIGGEST Saturday night that I have seen at Al's.  :bravo_2: :character0029:
Code:
    Phil had a lot to do w/it as well as Steve. :sign0098:  Thanks go out to Shara & James & Steve for  :sign0085:"a little help from my friends" (Beatles). :13: :vic:      :welcome:  Welcome goes out to Alex for joining the club :great:. You need to carry a side stand (tree). ;) l Don't know how you found us on the Ozello Trail :great:  You on that 400  :deadhorse: :deadhorse:      :) Hope everyone had a SAFE ride back home. :motonoises: :motonoises:  A BIG THANKS GOES OUT TO AL & NANCY :great: :great:  for doing this again  and again. :1rij: :brav :You_Rock_Emoticon:eek:_2: :bravo_2: You two ROCK      Where is the next campout event?    Camp Blanding Starke Fl.  BMW  Winter Rally (on calendar) sign up now because it is limited to 500. Let's all camp in the same area  close to the AIR HEAD CENTRAL  fire ring & COFFEE pot.  :beerchug:    See you all soon :s_bye2: :s_bye2:

I had a ball  ......hardly noticed the rain. Great riding, people, food, drink, music and fire. Thanks to Al & Nancy!

Thanks again to Al & Nancy. This ride 6 years ago was why I joined C.O.G. . I am happy to ride,camp, cut up, hang with and call so many of you friends. Looking forward to next time at F.U. Al's!

IronbuttAl and Nancy, sounds like ya done it again.

I'm still fighting what's turned out to be a really nasty cold.

Al, hope you enjoyed the AndyGator.  :beerchug:

Now, I heard that there are pics of the uh...hat.

I had a great time this weekend, even if it did rain. It was great to see so many people and make new friends. The night life around the campfire is always the highlight of the day. Food was great, people were great (rain sucked) but what can I say, it was great! BTW did I say it was great............

The southeast members continue to remind me why I have such a fondness for everyone. There's no other area that could put that many riders together under such conditions and everyone still had fun with no complaints. For those of you that were there, it reminds me of a rainy night at High Valley in Suches, GA where we were thrown together for a spaghetti supper.
Here's some of the weekend stats;
30lb of pork, 30lbs of chicken, 7 doz cookies, 12 lbs coleslaw, 15 lbs baked beans, and one vessel with 15.5 gal. of an adult beverage drained.
Thanks to all who pitched in to help set up supper and move canopies & tables.
Phil did a great job of tending the fire and getting rid of my old wood pile. Patti Fuchs will be doing the Concourier article for this event, so please send her a few of your favorite photos ( pattifuchs@gmail.com ). Thanks to Jo Poole for helping run the raffle, and to Eddie for always being my go to guy to get things done.
I inherited one red bag chair, a pair of OCC sandals, and a blue tarp. You all did pretty good with your exit plans.
Except for the porta potti still being here, everything is pretty well back to normal in the yard, and I've finally caught up on my sleep.
Had a ball ya'll.                          Al

In the beginning, there was but a few….

And it was relatively dry….

And then there were more…

Innovative….

And the squirrel went ZOOOOM! Like that…

Alan, Chris and myself headed out for some (sorta) chow – Elvis ate there….

Chris was nonplussed on the live entertainment….

And for Steve, it started early….

Al’s patented fire starter. Yours for only 69.95…

And then, darkness fell….

Early the next morning, oh God early, not normal people early, we proceeded in an orderly fashion to breakfast…

That’s a lot of cool right there. Maybe not Steve McQueen cool, but cool none the less…

Steve riding the new Japanese 4 wheeled motorcycle, the Toyotasaki…

Part 2

Some of us headed to the Don Garlits museum…

They had some sorta car show going on. Not sure what type of car, wasn’t interested… 

Up close and personal with that pumpkin….

Zoom, zoom….

Soft spot for old Volkys…

The legend himself….

SOOooo....right about here should be shots of some AWESOME pork shoulder, PHENOMENAL chicken and DELICIOUS sides. But a certain pic taking bum was a little too lit to remember to take those pics. Al, sorry, but I've let you down here. Trust me, everyone at the event was WELL fed on WONDERFUL food.

And back for soggy seconds…. Easy there fellas…

I hear Paulie is planning a run to Cape Horn via the Arctic Circle after running through the Amazon with a quick stop at the Nationals… 

And the next groggy morning....

Legends….

That's one cool plate sir. One really cool plate.

Awesome job on the pics and it wouldn't have been complete without our honorary member Alex and that "Captain America" bike or whatever the hell that was (I wonder if he made it to the Keys down 441 yet?). Special thanks to Al & Nancy for hosting another great event.

I'm always happy when Mike/Bugnut plans to attend a SECOG event. We' ll be able to renew all of the memories of our time together over and over. Thanks for taking the time to do this for us Mike. We really appreciate it.          Al

Hey guys, help a sister out. I need to finish my article on the CCCC for the mag and need the following info:
who was longest-time member?
who was the newest member?
Was there a hard luck award?

Any anecdotes you'd like added....or left out. (eyebrow waggle)

Suffering from a severe case of CRS...other than the fact that I had a great time.

Lowest number/longest member was Calvin Underwood.
There was no hardship/unlucky award.
Someone please help with the newest member????