• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dog Days, down & dirty

gsjay said:
Ok, we're like a month out and there are only 26 people signed up for this event!

Really? Who's coming that hasn't registered yet?

Why aren't you coming? It's a great weekend! Some of the best riding in the east coast.

You can ride the WV/Va Alps, Routes 250 & 33.
Oh, and don't forget route 39 through the Goshen Pass or Back Mountain Road from Marlinton to Durbin.
Or the road up to High Town! Oh and lunch at the Dinner in Monteray Va.

Motel has a great pool!

BOOK THOSE ROOMS and Register!
jason
I'm waiting to see if I can find a roommate so I'll know how many nights :a012: I'm staying and where.

Now that I've joined the 21st Century and gotten a Netbook I have to ask . . . 
Does the Marlinton Motor Inn have WiFi so we can get online?
laptop-animated-busy-animation-smiley-emoticon-000418-medium.gif

COG-528 said:
Does the Marlington Motor Inn have WiFi so we can get online?

Hey good question, I just got a Kindle Fire, I'm sure they do, but wait a minute this is WV so maybe not. I;ll be too busy drinking and socializing to read or surf anyway.

COG-528 said:
Does the Marlington Motor Inn have WiFi so we can get online?

To make sure you can find the place, it is Marlinton, there isn't a "g" in the name.  I found out while trying to find it on mapsource  ;D

I just called, there is wi fi in the office area and the restaurant, but not in all the rooms.  I guess if you have a room close to the office you might have wi fi

My general rule when I travel is that I like to leave as many forms of technology at home, so that I'm not saddled with worrying about whether or not the iPad is going to get wet, who's e-mailing me, or what Jake Bass is up to. I'd much rather just relax and enjoy riding and the comp'n'y of you fine folk instead!

voileauciel said:
My general rule when I travel is that I like to leave as many forms of technology at home, so that I'm not saddled with worrying about whether or not the iPad is going to get wet, who's e-mailing me, or what Jake Bass is up to. I'd much rather just relax and enjoy riding and the comp'n'y of you fine folk instead!

I like to have my laptop because it a) charges my cellphone, b) has MapSource on it, c) I just like to have it with me.

Cell phone in an armored, hard-side, case stored in a bag or top-case or tank bag, is an absolute must. In the event you, or a fellow rider, has an accident and minutes count. Without a cell phone, you have no recourse but to try to flag someone down, burning precious heartbeats up as you go.

So to have the cell phone, either take the wall charger, or like me, the laptop.

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
I have a charger that plugs into the lighter that charges my phone or my helmet speakers, cost about $10.00

I have one of those too.

I usually end up charging the phone / helmet in the room, not on the bike, though.

I wonder if a solar collector on top of the helmet would work, I've tried a LOOOOOOng extension cord and that was messy. I think the idea of leaving all that stuff home is best. A stop at a local library will get you on line most times Or write a letter works all the tine.OR the only person I want to keep in touch with is my wife and I could have her with me and that solves that problem.OR a long string with a can at each end. The only problem we have not solved is having a 3rd party running for President like Daffy Duck and the Road Runner.

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
The only problem we have not solved is having a 3rd party running for President like Daffy Duck and the Road Runner.

We had that, his name was Ross Perot.    :)

Gigantor said:
wayne_jenkins_CT said:
The only problem we have not solved is having a 3rd party running for President like Daffy Duck and the Road Runner.

Hey, I liked the Parrot. And I hate all politicians. IMO, They're all self serving crooks.  :(

Anyway, only a few weeks till Marlington.  :)

Cap'n Bob said:
Gigantor said:
wayne_jenkins_CT said:

"Marlinton", no"G". If you put "Marlington" in your GPS you'll probably miss the party :( It's been awhile since I've seen many of my friends from the NE and I don't want anyone to miss out on the fun! :)

Hey, I liked the Parrot. And I hate all politicians. IMO, They're all self serving crooks.  :(

Anyway, only a few weeks till Marlington.  :)

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
I wonder if a solar collector on top of the helmet would work, I've tried a LOOOOOOng extension cord and that was messy. I think the idea of leaving all that stuff home is best. A stop at a local library will get you on line most times Or write a letter works all the tine.OR the only person I want to keep in touch with is my wife and I could have her with me and that solves that problem.OR a long string with a can at each end. The only problem we have not solved is having a 3rd party running for President like Daffy Duck and the Road Runner.

I couldn't make a solar panel on the top of the helmet work, because the C3 SRC charges through the same cord it uses to connect to wired sound, and I run my Zumo 665 wired because the XM stereo is better, wired, in my experience.

But if I could figure out how to do it, and could get the new thin-film voltaic cells which would conform to the shape of the helmet, I'd try it for sure. That would be enough juice to keep it charged, at least, as long as there is sunlight.

gsjay said:
Smoke Hole Road is indeed a great peice of pavement!

I also enjoy Back Mountain Road and Snow Mtn. Road.

So many roads, so little vacation time.

BOOK THOSE ROOMS!
jason

I'm just catching up on this thread (I.e. reading it for the first time). Back mountain is one my favorites.  And yes, I have booked and registered. No issues with booking as of a few weeks ago, yes, I am a slacker!

wayne_jenkins_CT said:

I'm actually working on something like this. Going to try to integrate it into a topcase.

Last
r5950.jpg
Call!

Okay, we are coming up on two weeks until the rally and I still haven't had any luck in finding a roommate.  :( 

So I've decided to set a deadline.  If I can't find a roommate by this Saturday, July 28th, I'm going to give up on my efforts to attend the rally.  I'm sure everyone will be heart broken if I'm not there.  :rotflmao:

If that is the case, y'all ride a country mile for me.

JR said:
kwn306 said:
Well, we could send them to Steve to throw out on the library or if you are Garmin equipped I will be able to load on site.....at least the asphalt routes.

If possible I'd like to get them in advance so I can see them in MapSource / Basecamp.

If you don't mind, you could file attach them in an email to john dot hamilton @ myactv dot net

John,

I just sent you the route sheets and GPS files from my work email addy, so if you see a email with a .gov attached to it that's me, not Obama wanting more of your hard earned money  :D

BTW............new route to Rella's fellows  :)

Tommy's friend Roger is attending  :-\ :-\ :-\

I sent Steve the asphalt route sheets and GPS files and asked him to post these to the COG Library for everyone to use.

BTW, the road (Back Mtn Rd.) Roger is talking about is on the ride back from Helevtia, it is one of my favorites as well.

kwn306 said:
I sent Steve the asphalt route sheets and GPS files and asked him to post these to the COG Library for everyone to use.

Steve, when you get them posted to the library, let us know.

I have a couple of roads laid out but would like to see what is available.  Thanks

COGnosticat0r said:
kwn306 said:

I have a couple of roads laid out but would like to see what is available.  Thanks

Jerry,

Steve posted them about a hour ago.

kwn306 said:
COGnosticat0r said:
kwn306 said:

Jerry,

Steve posted them about a hour ago.

Thanks Kurt/Steve.

Somehow, all these routes look vaguely familiar.    :))

COG-528 said:
Last
r5950.jpg
Call!

Okay, we are coming up on two weeks until the rally and I still haven't had any luck in finding a roommate.  :( 

So I've decided to set a deadline.  If I can't find a roommate by this Saturday, July 28th, I'm going to give up on my efforts to attend the rally.  I'm sure everyone will be heart broken if I'm not there.  :rotflmao:

If that is the case, y'all ride a country mile for me.

Just thought about looking at the forum for this ride, like you I have to check with the boss, and my work schedule is subject to change. I would like to attend! I could do Friday and Saturday night, if the Bosses say it's ok. I'll check with the Main boss when I get home, work boss will be much easier  :) This would be the first COG event that I might be able to make!!

I've gotten all the ok's (finally) and reserved a room (smoking) for the 10th and 11th. If I get a roommate I'll stay just one night, unless I'm having too much fun!! Looking forward to finally meeting some COG folk!!  :)

Just called and checked my reservation and its all good. ADA room right at the entrance, more or less.

Tonight I will clear the completed 3-day ride off my Zumo and put Marlinton and the suggested routes on it.

Really looking forward to this.

Can't wait for this rally.  It's been a few years since we were at Marlinton.  I remember the riding being spectacular.  Sue and I are hitting the road on Sunday and heading due north, but then buttonhooking back south and should arrive in marlinton on wednesday.

Bike of choice has all be checked out and we're ready to roll. Hope to get over there mid-afternoon Thursday. Friday and Saturday will be spent checking out some of the forest roads and dirt tracks in the area.... and of course, Rellas in Hacker Valley. Soo looking forward to this.    :))

I got a lot of work to do this weekend.  Change the oil/filter in my bike and my wifes and put a new front tire on mine.  We will head out Thursday. Probably spend the night around 130 miles south of Marlinton, then Friday I have a nice 230 mile route laid out going through Paint Bank then up to 250 over by the Cass railroad then winding up going south on 219 to the motel arriving after lunch.

Really looking forward to getting out of the 95° and 110° heat index crap in Savannah.  ;D

See y'all next Friday

Got a family emergency, it appears my mother has had a slight stroke, leaving Spotsylvania in about one hour to head over to VA Eastern Shore to help out my sister, she is beginning to have a melt down.

I tell ya between the MIL and the mother we are running in circles.

Sue and I are still planning to attend (we have the route sheets for the asphalt stuff), if everything goes right we should be there on Thursday.

connieklr said:
checking out some of the forest roads and dirt tracks in the area.... and of course, Rellas in Hacker Valley. Soo looking forward to this.    :))

Yessirr, a nice dool sport route will take us in a loop with Rellas as the lunch spot!  ;D

Can't wait to get up there.  :motonoises:

I guess one day soon I'm going to have to get a dual sport and a that means a truck and trailer to pull them both with. LOL. Guess it won't be "soon".

Kurt,
Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope all is well.

Joanne and I won't be able to come down until Friday morning due to work issues.
Should see you all mid day Friday!

Thanks,
Jason

Bike ready to go! I'm ready to go!! Leaving Ct. 7am Wed, over nite at Cowans Gap State park in Pa., Marlinton mid after noon on Thursday. Capt'n Bob, I need a place to keep my seeing eye dog and walker.I wonder if I can get my Meals On Wheels there?

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
Bike ready to go! I'm ready to go!! Leaving Ct. 7am Wed, over nite at Cowans Gap State park in Pa., Marlinton mid after noon on Thursday. Capt'n Bob, I need a place to keep my seeing eye dog and walker.I wonder if I can get my Meals On Wheels there?

Wayne, does your seeing eye dog have much problem keeping up when it is running alongside your motor?

Yes, he did until I got old and slow.Now he can pee on the tires when I'm at cruising speed! That brown ring around his neck is NOT his collar but his a** hole from the days when we went fast, we stopped so fast that it slid up around his neck!  Love that dog! I won't tell what Dog Days down and dirty means to him!  See you all there!

Today I got Jean and my bike ready to roll  :great:  Changed oil and filter on both, changed my front tire and new brake and clutch fluids on both bikes.  Come on Thursday  :motonoises:

I'll be headed down to Virgina early tomorrow morning. After a couple of days there, I will move over to Marlinton on Wednesday. So if anyone wants to come early, there may be a couple of us around. See y'all there.  :)

The bike is back together after a head bearing swap. A little fine tuning tomorow gives me a day or two of commuting to be sure all is well before I head to Marlinton Thursday morning. Not sure what time I'll leave, if I'm as excited about this trip Wednesday night as I am now, I won't be sleeping in Thursday, so I should be there at a reasonable hour on Thursday.

We're heading up to Niagara falls tomorrow.  Then wellsboro. Then Johnstown area. Then marlinton on WEd.

See you all there, and safe riding to all.

Satrted getting things together for my zero dark thirty departure on Thurs morning.  I expect all refrigerators of cold to be well stocked by the early birds for my afternoon arrival! :))

As a new member, this will only be my second COG event.  I rode with Pat Sprague a couple weeks ago, and quickly realized this would be high on my wish list.  Got everything together, so I plan to leave after work on Thursday.  Hope to be there around 8:00pm.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  :beerchug:

Glenn said:
As a new member, this will only be my second COG event.  I rode with Pat Sprague a couple weeks ago, and quickly realized this would be high on my wish list.  Got everything together, so I plan to leave after work on Thursday.  Hope to be there around 8:00pm.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  :beerchug:

It will be nice to meet you Glenn. See you there.  :great:

Terrynyc said:
Satrted getting things together for my zero dark thirty departure on Thurs morning.  I expect all refrigerators of cold to be well stocked by the early birds for my afternoon arrival! :))

Sine this will actually be my first stay in the Marlinton motor inn. Are you sure that the rooms have the refrigerator of cold? I didn't see them listed on their web site.  :-\

Capt'n,

I was there last June and there were cold Refg. in the rooms, and ice machines for those that use their saddle bags and travel trunks as coolers in the parking lot.

Glenn said:

Please don't judge the bad side of COG by your experience with that Sprague fella. Actually, COG has no bad side; can't say the same about Sprague.    :))    :))    :))

Kidding, of course.............  I think.    :rotflmao:

Due to circumstances somewhat beyond my control, and some unexpected "pressure" and opportunity bestowed upon on me by another, I have decided to change my place of w/e residence to the Marlington Inn. This will allow me to socialize in the parking lot well beyond the point of having to jump on a bike and head into town where I was originally going to stay. So Marc, I will be there.    :))

Looks like I will need my heated gear  :-\  Highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's, my thin blood won't be able to stand that  ;D

Have a room to share at the MI ... will be arriving wednesday afternoon, 8 August.

My cell # is 703-615-6984.

Paul V.

COGnosticat0r said:
Looks like I will need my heated gear  :-\  Highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's, my thin blood won't be able to stand that  ;D

As silly as it may sound, I ALWAYS carry my heated gear when I ride in WV. Weather there can turn to poop around the next bend.... even in the dead of summer.    :-\

Guy

connieklr said:
COGnosticat0r said:

As silly as it may sound, I ALWAYS carry my heated gear when I ride in WV. Weather there can turn to poop around the next bend.... even in the dead of summer.    :-\

Guy

The time the DD rally was at Boyer Station that I attended, the first morning was in the 40's, I wondered where the hell was I to be this cold in August.    ;D

I'm in!

Will be departing form Alexandria, but likely not until sometime Friday afternoon.

But see you eventually!
:beerchug:

For those of you attending this event, one of the "suggested" lunch stops is Rella's in Hacker Valley. The economy has not been kind to this lady and business has dropped off significantly over the last several months. She's even considered closing up shop.

If there is any way in Hades you can find your way to her place during this event for some really good food and camaraderie with the locals, I encourage you to do so. These folks are like family to me, and  I will be there at least once during my visit to the area.

Much thanks.

Well, its almost time to leave. Will pack tomorrow, check air in tires, check all the bolts, and load her up.

Leaving mid-morning Thursday 9th, so that I am at Fat Boy's Pork Palace in Brandywine WV for lunch. Then barely an hour past that to Marlinton.

Weather looks ok for travel, but I'd hate to arrive late Thursday, looks like a thunderstorm or two.

EDIT: I'll be serving Margaritas in the parking lot in the evening after dinner.

Jeez even leaving at 5 am Thurs looks like I might get wet.  Oh well guess I'll just wear the stich so I don't have to worry! ;)

Terrynyc said:
Jeez even leaving at 5 am Thurs looks like I might get wet.  Oh well guess I'll just wear the stich so I don't have to worry! ;)

Both weather.com and accuweather.com show isolated thunderstops after 8pm. Clear sailing from the Hagerstown MD area to Marlinton WV on Thursday ... I'll arrive mid-afternoon, long before the rain.

I'm just worried my bar might get rained out.  :beerchug:

Well all hope of my getting to eat at Rellas this year has faded away.  Contrary to Vicki's expectations of a couple of weeks ago, she is having a much tougher time with her post surgery recuperation than she thought it would be. :truce:  So leaving her alone is not an option. 

Well at least I got to ride through West Virginia in June on my No Bad Roads Sport Tour.  But I sure would like to spend a few more days riding those country roads and finally get to eat at Rellas.  Btw here is a link to my No Bad Roads Sports Tour photos.
Y'all ride a country mile or two for me.
2344166550102652906S600x600Q85.jpg

Well , will leave in the AM, be looking in the parking lot for  the good stuff on Thursday, safe travels all.

Well it's early Wednesday and the rally starts tomorrow. But Mad River Marc and I have been riding in Virginia and are headed over to Marlinton today. So if anyone wants to come early, we'll be there today sometime. And I know of at least two other folks that will be there tonight as well. That's at least four early birds. So let the fun begin.  :beerchug:

Cap'n Bob said:
Well it's early Wednesday and the rally starts tomorrow. But Mad River Marc and I have been riding in Virginia and are headed over to Marlinton today. So if anyone wants to come early, we'll be there today sometime. And I know of at least two other folks that will be there tonight as well. That's at least four early birds. So let the fun begin.  :beerchug:

The rally doesn't start until Friday.
jason

gsjay said:
Cap'n Bob said:

jason

It is listed on the calendar for Thursday through Sunday, no?

No matter, we always start them early. I usually arrive the day before the scheduled start, but this time, I'm leaving home the day of the scheduled start, tomorrow, Thursday. Its only 3:30 away.

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
Well , will leave in the AM, be looking in the parking lot for  the good stuff on Thursday, safe travels all.

Jose Cuervo Especial Gold tequila and margarita mix.  :beerchug:

I have a room with two beds and willing to share the room with anyone looking for a bed in Marlinton Dog days

My email is t.borum@myactv.net if your interested in sharing the room

Tony Borum cog2721

Sue and I are back from the Eastern Shore of VA, Mother and MIL have been taken care of for the time being  :)

Now it's time to do a little TLC to the bikes and we are leaving tomorrow in the AM  :motonoises:, probably have breakfast in Mineral, VA and then back roads to Marlinton, WV, should be there in time for dinner & drink'n in the parking lot. ;D

I'll make sure Sue brings a empty glass for the Margarita's, she really likes them things.  :beerchug: :beerchug:

kwn306 said:
probably have breakfast in Mineral, VA and then back roads to Marlinton, WV,

OK, I'm curious -- where in Mineral is good for breakfast?  Always good to know these things.

And I'll see you Thursday evening!

Dusty,

The Mineral Restaurant, it is located on RT 208, just NW of where RT 522 and RT 208 meet, as if you were headed to Louisa. It is right next to a Gulf Station on RT 208 and before you get to Dollar General, look for a one story white building with a bunch of Bubba trucks  :D 

It's a cash only "Choke and Puke", great breakfast, people say the lunch and dinners can get a little greasy from all the "fried home cook'n".  I really just hit there for the breakfast though, good and lots of it cheap food.

Hey, I need to talk to you about Burke's Garden this weekend, are there any good restaurants or food eateries there?  The Willville weekend route has us going up RT 16 and then circling back to Willville through Burke's Garden.  Let's talk.

Packin' up the bike and getting ready to roll in the morning. See everyone tomorow afternoon! :)

Me my wife and son will be heading out of Savannah at 6:30 this morning.  We will run interstate to Asheville then get on the BRP up to Fancy Gap, then more interstate over to Dublin VA where we will spend the night.  Tomorrow, depending on the weather, we plan on Paint Bank and 311, run up 220 to 250 west then down to 66  and  over to 219 down to the motel.  If the weather sucks tomorrow we will come the straightest route to the motel.  See yous guys tomorrow  :beerchug:

gsjay said:
Cap'n Bob said:

jason

Sorry Jason, my bad.  But in my defence, maybe you should check out the calendar of events that shows Thur through Sun.  ;) 

10 of us are already here. Hope to see folks soon. :beerchug:

Cap'n Bob said:
gsjay said:
Cap'n Bob said:

jason

Sorry Jason, my bad.  But in my defence, maybe you should check out the calendar of events that shows Thur through Sun.  ;) 

I suspect that since Jason arrives Friday, that is when the event "REALLY" gets going.

Cap'n Bob said:
gsjay said:
Cap'n Bob said:

jason
:beerchug:

Now who are you going to believe . . . the rallymeister or some calendar of events? :))

The party has officically started in the parking lot  :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

We had super weather, great riding, found excellent food, and it was special just to be there with all the excellent Coggers.  Sharry and I had a super time.

Thanks to all who attended!  :great:

Tommyhof said:
Hey good question, I just got a Kindle Fire, I'm sure they do, but wait a minute this is WV so maybe not. I;ll be too busy drinking and socializing to read or surf anyway.

If we only knew then what we know now.........

Got home about 1400.  I had to zoom my zumo out to .8 mile so I couldn't see any small roads.  I was determined to stay on track and not ride every small or dirt road out of there.  That lasted about an hour and I ended up on some mountain somewhere on a very small and twisty dirt road (it wasn't a "case buster" but fun anyway).  Oh well, the best laid plans........

Had a really great time, got to ride Backmountain Road twice, once in group mode (at stay out of jail speeds) and once in hang on here we go mode, very fun.  Thanks for ordering the weather Pat, I know you had to do it 10 months out but thanks for getting it done for us.

Big thanks to Jason and Pat, another great event, you guys do a great job, thanks!

Couple of pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa49/somerorr/Dog%20Days%202012/

Roger was thinking dirt, but Kurt and Sue need a big pat on the back too for laying out all the paved routes.

Thank you!!

Guy

connieklr said:
Roger was thinking dirt, but Kurt and Sue need a big pat on the back too for laying out all the paved routes.

Thank you!!

Guy

Good point, it's been so long since I've been on one, I forgot that WV had paved roads, LOL.

Thanks Kurt and Sue!!!!

fun,fun,fun cant beat wv, great too see everyone again, roger the pictures of tom packing and leaving in his um well new bike are priceless  :-[

I had a great time. Good folks, weather and riding. I made a week out of it covering over 2,000 miles. Touring the Greenbrier bunker, was a real treat for me. I always wanted to do that. So all in, a really great week. And I never had to ride in a drop of rain in eight days. Even riding Skyline drive (on Tuesday) was the perfect ride. (contrary to what other folks had warned me about). Although I do regret the decision of riding home in one day. I left Marlinton about 5:30AM. Less than 8 hours later, I was home. 509 miles and two breaks. But now I am hurting pretty bad. Should have done the two day deal. But I guess the Saturday ride was worth staying.

I'll try to get my photo's up shortly.

Sue and I got home about 3:00 p.m., great fun, great roads, great weather and we found some new places to eat and visited some old favorites. 

All in all a fantastic fours days in West By God Virginia, can't wait for next year.  ;D

I had a great time as well regardless if the little mishap  :'(, got in three days of riding, two on the bike and one ride of shame in a Toyota Yaris....don't worry my fellow coggers I will be at the Burr ride on something with TWO wheels.  :)

We took the little road next to the gas station and travled 50 mile of premo asphalt all the way to route 20.

Then a great run to Webster Springs, and on to Rella's for stuffed pork chops!!!! Yum, Yum.

Great ride home arriving about 5;30. We took the LONG way round:)

Good to see everyone and thanks to all those that helps put this event together.

jason

Had a really good time at rally, and got to meet a lot of great people.  I really enjoyed the ride on Saturday.  Took the ride around to Rella's for lunch today (sometime after Jayson), before heading home to Virginia.  Great way to spend a long weekend.   

Had a great time, and got in some really good riding. Took a different route back to NC, rode rt 311. It was largely a fantastic road, with the one exception of the section from Paint Bank to basically Roanoke, which needs to be renamed "Tar Snake Pass". Great section of twisties, but I couldn't enjoy it with the bike loaded heavily to the rear and the tar snakes making the front end dance, it was mostly a posted speed run through that section. Pictures will be up soon, but right now it's bed time! Had a great time with new and old friends, as always, and looking forward to the next!

Once again another great rally.  Had lots of fun and for all of you who said that these roads were "orgasmic", well you weren't kidding.  Every road I was on was great, nice sweepers with a few tight curves thrown in to keep you alert.  Even the ride home was great (until we hit the super slab).  We left at 8am and I arrived at home at 5pm.  Not bad roughly 480 miles and I'm not sore or tired.

Rode the steam engine train which was fun and even though some people complained about the food, I was lucky, I found real good eats while I was there.  If you ever get a chance please stop by the Bull and Bear BBQ on 219.  It's a small mom & pop operation, they were real friendly and the food was great and well priced.

Well now I have the fall rally to look forward to.

This rally is exactly why I love COG so much. Had a truly AWESOME time!  :You_Rock_Emoticon: :bravo_2:

Can't wait until the next one!

Me,  wife and my son had a great time.  :beerchug:  This was my sons longest ride on his bike by far and his first COG rally.  Never been past north georgia  :motonoises:  He is hooked, and he won a $50 gift certificate also.  ;D  We got home around 6:30 yesterday after 530 miles of mostly interstate.

The NC State Patrol stopped us for a little talk  ::) but let us go if we promised to slow down  :eek:

Thanks to Jason and Kurt and Sue and anyone else who made this a great success.  This was our 4th Dog Days and won't be our last  :great:

I will get my pictures up tonight.

LOL

Seriously Bob you do look great.

it was awesome seeing everyone again, and that was some really nice riding.  Looking forward to next years Spring Fling :)