• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Final Fall Fling #2 October 18,19,20, 2019

jim snyder

The 2019 Final Fall Fling #2 ride will take place on October 18,19,20, 2019 in Clinton Ark at the Super 8 by Wyndham hotel. The hotel is located on Hwy 65 in Clinton Ark. Clinton is located right in the center of northern Arkansas with awesome roads in every direction. I have 10 rooms blocked off for COG (more available if needed). The hotel phone number is (501) 209-4358. They gave us a rate of $65/night + tax. Be sure to mention you are with the Concours Owners Group when making a reservation. The hotel is centrally located near restaurants and shopping areas. So lets plan on meeting in Clinton Arkansas in October and enjoying some Arkansas twisties and visiting with our COG family. This ride has been posted to the calendar.

jim snyder

Ok this ride is posted to the calender. Hope to see our friends from the north central region again this year.

connie_rider

I'll be there. Had a great time last year.
How about my Yankee Buddy? Are you gonna be there again?
You know who you are....

Ride safe, Ted

jim snyder

In case anyone is wondering this ride is taking the place of the Jack's fall ride. So y'all get signed up. With me and Ted there you know you're gonna have a good time.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Nottacop

Good morning people, I hope you’re well. Does anyone know if the Big Bend ride is happening or not? If not I’ll probably do this ride. I haven’t seen anything about Big Bend yet. Sorry if I’m behind the curve on this.

connie_rider

Your not really behind the curve. Everyone is asking the same question.
We've been asking about a date for the Big Bend Rally all year.
Apparently Craig decided not to do the event and no one stepped forward in his place.

The Fall Fling is still a go, {ie; Jim and I are going to Arkansas to ride} but we don't have many registered.
If anyone wants to come ride with us, please let us know..
We have to release the Motel Rooms soon.

Ride safe, Ted

NOTE: We put it on the schedule for people to see, but it will probably not be an official COG event.
                  Just a ride with whomever wants to come ride with us..

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/Calendar.cfm?clubID=1328&mo=10&year=2019

Ride safe, Ted

Amphibsailor

I'm trying to work this into my travel schedule, now.  I have a nearby TDY so it'll probably work  (pending my health issues..).  :motonoises:

Nottacop

Ok, I’m in! Just able to attend Friday night, Saturday and leaving Sunday. Just under 500 miles up there so I should be able to find some great roads getting there to make up for not getting up there Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

connie_rider

Great... There are roads along your route. You may even be able to go by Queen Whilomena {sp?} or the Pig Trail if you want to take the time, but the roads further north are far better.

Ride safe, Ted

Nottacop

Got it all planned out. I30, 8, 71/41, 23 (Pig Trail), 16 to Clinton. I’m so excited.
Anyone know the route set (of any) for Saturday morning? Just curious.

jim snyder

Nottacop said:
Got it all planned out. I30, 8, 71/41, 23 (Pig Trail), 16 to Clinton. I’m so excited.
Anyone know the route set (of any) for Saturday morning? Just curious.
It's either gonna be 16/27/123/74 or 16/9/341.

smithr

I do not know if I can come to this yet.  I may have other obligations and can not be sure. 

I did notice there is a Walmart right next door.  If I come I may just try to put the van in the wm parking lot.  That would be cheap and easy to cancel.

connie_rider

That should work. Let us know your plans.
We asked about using the Walmart Parking Lot for a guy with a Motor Home last year.
Some of the COG locals told us they see others doing it at that location.

fyi; This is not an official COG event, just a get together of friend's that want to ride with us.
            :rotflmao: :great:

Ride safe, Ted

jim snyder

Just FYI,
  As Ted mentioned this in NOT an official COG event, just friends gathering for some good riding and visiting. If you have any questions feel free to PM either one of us. Thanks.

Amphibsailor

You've got my curiosity piqued.  What is the difference between an "official" COG event and just some friends who happen to be COG members getting together to ride? ::)

:motonoises: :motonoises:

Just Cliff

AmphibSailor said:
You've got my curiosity piqued.  What is the difference between an "official" COG event and just some friends who happen to be COG members getting together to ride? ::)

Only difference is, no registration fee, no meals provided & no door prizes.  :motonoises:  Other than that there is no difference.

Just Cliff

Just Cliff said:
AmphibSailor said:

Only difference is, no registration fee, no meals provided & no door prizes.  :motonoises:  Other than that there is no difference.

I will say Ted called yesterday begging & crying, wanting me to ask the wife if she'd fix chili again. She did so last year. Since she likes everybody that shows up (even Ted most of the time) & likes having everyone here. There will be 1 chili dinner served at my place.

Hey Ted,  :nananana:

connie_rider

Yahoo. Please tell your bride I sed "thank you"!!!!
Unlike you, she's good people...

umm/uhh/err,,, Ok Cliff; I guess {Since you asked her} I'll take back half the nasty things I just sed about you to.  :08:
                                                      :sign0103: :sign0103: :sign0103:

OK Gang, it's arranged, Chili dinner at Cliffs on Saturday night. I'll bring some deer Sausage to tune things up too.
  {Jim's buying the beer}.  shh, don't tell him yet.
We can go to Cliffs in my (and someone else's (?)} Trucks so ya'll can have some of his beer..

Ride safe, Ted

More on Not an official COG ride;
    Because we had so few sign up early, we did not arrange insurance/registration fee/Referee/meals/door prizes..
    COG will not allow us to do a COG Rally without the insurance/Referee; so we opted to go riding in Arkansas anyway,,, and
    thought maybe a few fiends might just happen to show up. 
        Does that clear the fog?

fred-houston

COG Membership Officer
connie_rider said:
Yahoo. Please tell your bride I sed "thank you"!!!!
Unlike you, she's good people...

umm/uhh/err,,, Ok Cliff; I guess {Since you asked her} I'll take back half the nasty things I just sed about you to.  :08:
                                                      :sign0103: :sign0103: :sign0103:

OK Gang, it's arranged, Chili dinner at Cliffs on Saturday night. I'll bring some deer Sausage to tune things up too.
  {Jim's buying the beer}.  shh, don't tell him yet.
We can go to Cliffs in my (and someone else's (?)} Trucks so ya'll can have some of his beer..

Ride safe, Ted

More on Not an official COG ride;
    Because we had so few sign up early, we did not arrange insurance/registration fee/Referee/meals/door prizes..
    COG will not allow us to do a COG Rally without the insurance/Referee; so we opted to go riding in Arkansas anyway,,, and
    thought maybe a few fiends might just happen to show up. 
        Does that clear the fog?

It is entirely up to the event host to ask to sanction and insure an event.  COG have many events that are not sanctioned and insured.

zgjim

Just registered and made the hotel reservation.  Look forward to seeing ya'll next month.  I have an extra bed in my room if anyone is interested in sharing a room.

TCARS

zgjim

I have to rescind the offer to share my room.  My GF is coming up to join us on Sat. evening. Should I register her as a guest for planning purposes?

See ya then

connie_rider

If EZ to do, go ahead, as it could help us with a count for Dinner at Cliff's on Sat night.
But, your note here is sufficient.

See you there.
Ride safe, Ted

lovelle

Ted:  Sorry for being so late.  I have been on a long road trip and I have been away from my 'puter ( usually a good thing ).  I will be there for the ride as long as everything comes in for my trailer.  At least I have my room reservations anyway.  See ya in a couple of weeks!

Never slow down!
Lovelle

Scooter Trash

Well fellas, looks like my brother Ken and I will be there...kind of last minute but will sign up here shortly!

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Dan

Just Cliff

15 signed up, with notes in this thread & on the registration list I come up with 19. 1 girlfriend, 2 wifes & Dan's brother (Ken). With the 2 of us it makes 21. We'll figure chilli for a couple dozen at least, 1 of the kids could show up. They kinda like hanging around you old farts.  :))

jim snyder

I called the hotel yesterday and they said 8 of the 10 rooms I had blocked off for COG were reserved. If we need more rooms let me know.

lovelle

When I called for a room last week they said they had no record of a Concours group reserving a block of rooms so I had to pay full price.

Lovelle

Nottacop

Call them back and tell them your with the COG  group. They should work.  They should’ve been able to figure this out but evidently not.

jim snyder

I just spoke to the lady in Clinton and she has us on file. Did you call the number I posted on this thread? If not call back and ask for Lori.