• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Florida wrench session - apr 05

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
Yup, it's time for another wrench session. That's what we call it anyway, generally Coggers just talk about fixing their bikes and hit the food  ;) . It'll be held at my place, Saturday April 05, from 9am til we're done. A good time had by all. Careful, you might learn something!  Check on the cOG events calendar for address and sign up.  :motonoises: Steve

Ya'll allow Yankees ?  :truce:

It's on my calendar :great: That doesn't mean I will be able to make it, but it's on my calendar anyway...... >:D

My bad Steve, sppeel cheker don't work good on drawl  :nananana:

Yeah, I'd be flyin down to conserve time, money and days off. Hope to see y'all :)

Good news for all of you C14 owners. Steve brought over his new 09 C14 to the BMWNEF Winter Rally to show it to us still on the trailer, as he just bought it in Starke, FL. By the time his wrenching session rolls around, he should be be able to tell and show C14 owners a lot.

IronButtAl said:
Good news for all of you C14 owners. Steve brought over his new 09 C14 to the BMWNEF Winter Rally to show it to us still on the trailer, as he just bought it in Starke, FL. By the time his wrenching session rolls around, he should be be able to tell and show C14 owners a lot.

It's already ripped apart! >:D  Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
IronButtAl said:

It's already ripped apart! >:D  Steve

I see you finally came to the dark side!!!! :motonoises:

#%$! 

Last one was great, I'll be in Moab/White Rim Trail/Nevada desert then
cryingeyesout.gif

I'm in !!!!!!!!!!, Had a good time at the last one. Steve puts on a great session & the food is Awsome. Now that he has a C14 maybe a valve adjust?

Zarticus said:
I'm in !!!!!!!!!!, Had a good time at the last one. Steve puts on a great session & the food is Awsome. Now that he has a C14 maybe a valve adjust?

I haven't pulled the valve cover yet, but the other stuff wasn't to bad. Engines are easy for me, so it's downhill from here. If y'all want to see the c-14 valve adjustment, we'll have to start with a valve cover off and then show how the valves are checked, and maybe cams removed. To think we would do a complete job during a tech session isn't going to happen. To much to go wrong with all the distractions.  Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Zarticus said:

I haven't pulled the valve cover yet, but the other stuff wasn't to bad. Engines are easy for me, so it's downhill from here. If y'all want to see the c-14 valve adjustment, we'll have to start with a valve cover off and then show how the valves are checked, and maybe cams removed. To think we would do a complete job during a tech session isn't going to happen. To much to go wrong with all the distractions.  Steve
I think a valve adjust would probably be one of best things for C14 owners to see but I agree it's a big job for a tech session. Maybe if a bike was striped down ahead of time with the valve cover already removed ?. I think the main part that scares people is the actual measuring/mapping & then the cam removal & shim install.  I'm pretty good at bike mechanics & plan on doing mine when it's time but am still a bit nervous about doing it. Was just a thought  :great:   

Steve,
I really wish I could attend. Would certainly like to absorb some of your insight for C-10 care.
I'm riding down to Daytona/Ocala for bike week, and don't think getting down your way is in the schedule.
If you are going to the national rally I'll look you up.
btw: the carb job you did last fall is still right -on!!

ride safe

K Gee aka: Buzzard

Well, I had planned on making this, but a schedule change has blocked that. I'm enrolled in the Community Law Enforcement Academy and that day is the day we go to the range and shoot Sheriff's Office weapons! WooHoo! Sorry I'm gonna miss the wrench session, but...

Have fun!

Steve,

I i'll be out west during this one or I'd make it.  I just wanted to post and say THANK YOU for the last tech day.  There was some silly care engine or such (toyota was it?  :great: ) you showed us valve train, explained how it worked, why the clearance and whats we're trying to do, and made it simple enough for my feeble mind to comprehend.

And on my KTM today, I found 3 tight
eek.gif
and replaced them back into tolerance. 

This was first time I've done such a thing, THANK YOU AGAIN  :beerchug:

SWP_4171.jpg

Hey Steve, great to hear that. I did explanations on the c-10, which has screw adjustment rockers, and the toyota head, which is a shim and bucket like the c-14. Yours appears to be a hybrid of that; roller rockers and shims in the spring retainers, so info for both method would somewhat apply.

Eddie - being in Sanford, I'd say you're a glutton for punishment to even demonstrate a modicum of civil responsibility  :-[  Steve

for the c-14 guys

Just for y'all, I've purchased a c-14 to learn the bike. currently it's torn down for "study time" . What this means for y'all is that this year we will be able to speak somewhat intelligently on the c-14  :rotflmao: My plan is to have Mike Dionne's bike torn down to the cams, so we can display measuring the valve clearance and cam removal / installation. Only one year late... :beerchug: Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Hey Steve, great to hear that. I did explanations on the c-10, which has screw adjustment rockers, and the toyota head, which is a shim and bucket like the c-14. Yours appears to be a hybrid of that; roller rockers and shims in the spring retainers, so info for both method would somewhat apply.

Eddie - being in Sanford, I'd say you're a glutton for punishment to even demonstrate a modicum of civil responsibility  :-[  Steve
Ha Ha... He always was a wanna be. next thing we'll know, he'll be a neighborhood watchman.  :-[ :rotflmao: :nananana:

I need to shim my valve cover and replace the sensor o ring. Sound like a good thing to plan for the session?  >:D

Steve,
    Would love to make your session, however it never fails that my Air Force weekends are on the same schedule that you are on.....  I live in Wesley Chapel and would like to hook up at some point and see if you can help me dial in the suspension..  And of course some rides with some other local owners..

dlwilliams

:great:  Hope to make this one since I have not attempted to take any plastic off my bike except for the louvers and the battery cover.    Thanks for taking the time.   

ALAN Y.

Hey Steve, tell us what you're going to feed us this year. I'm just coming for the food. Well.......and maybe to give away some stuff to our COG members there.

Hi,
    Although I have Fred's DVD's,I'd love to see a live version on the cam removal and shim adjust. Where is this going to be at?

Oh yea, I think Snake was thinking of something like this! :eek:

Attachments

• 377925_213599185386206_1725080396_n.jpg
    377925_213599185386206_1725080396_n.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 120
Hi,
      Thanks Al,hope to see you this year sometime. Busy and out of town a lot, but I'm trying to make an event when I can! Thanks again!

Eats? I dunno at this point, Jen has a different job this year and generally works weekends. We can probably manage without her, But you know how it goes, when an amatuer does a professionals job, it's just not the same. I'll work on it  ;) Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Eats? I dunno at this point, Jen has a different job this year and generally works weekends. We can probably manage without her, But you know how it goes, when an amatuer does a professionals job, it's just not the same. I'll work on it  ;) Steve
You could cater in some Q or maybe some shrimpies. I'm sure Al just can't wait to splurge some of the slush fund for just such an occasion.  :rotflmao: :great:

Steve,

I have access to two video projectors.  If we can get a camera that can talk to them we could project the image on the wall or a screen for all to see.  (Like when down in the head adjusting valves, etc.)  The projectors will take computer monitor outputs or RCA video jacks.  If we can’t find a camera that can talk to the projectors directly, we could use a laptop as the interface. >:D

The tables and chairs from the church are available if we need them, (and I even help move them this time!  :))

I can help with the food if you would like.  I do a pretty credible pulled pork.

Richard

I wish I could make it and meet everyone for the first time. However, it is my Fiances birthday that Friday and we are riding to St Augustine for the weekend. Have fun, and hopefully I can make the next one.

:beerchug:

Egodriver71 said:
Are the tools available and would a fork oil change on the 14 be a viable option while there?

The big job is going to be a c-14 valve adjustment. While I won't be doing all the work myself, I'll still need to be attentive. If you feel you can do the c-14 for oil change by yourself, I have a system to pull the oil easily. If you can run that circus ring on your own, have at it. Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Egodriver71 said:
Are the tools available and would a fork oil change on the 14 be a viable option while there?

The big job is going to be a c-14 valve adjustment. While I won't be doing all the work myself, I'll still need to be attentive. If you feel you can do the c-14 for oil change by yourself, I have a system to pull the oil easily. If you can run that circus ring on your own, have at it. Steve

I would like to do an oil change as I'm approaching 30k miles and as far as I know, it's on the original oil.  I've done the old damper rod forks plenty of times, but I've heard there are special tools to hold springs and compress things to allow you to pull apart cartridge forks.

If your oil change tools allow me to do it without having to really disassemble the forks, I'd love to get the oil changed.

I'm with Tom. Doing a fork oil change would be high on my list of things to possibly do. Is it feasible to do during this session?

Carl

carlntia said:
I'm with Tom. Doing a fork oil change would be high on my list of things to possibly do. Is it feasible to do during this session?

Carl
Steve is off camping with his family for a week. No interwebs and a very secret phone number. I think he is gone for a week yet.

OK,  Anyone from the NEFL, SEGA area riding down, I can meet somewhere and we can ride down together.

Thinking something like a 600a meet time on the western side of Jax/Duval County.:motonoises:

Looks like my work schedule will allow me to attend this for the first time. I don't have a Concours to work on, but I can help someone tear theirs apart!  :great:

In response to the fork oil issue question - I'm going to have my hands full with th c-14 valve adjustment (everyone wanted to see that too) and I haven't  done a fork oil change on a 14 yet, so i cannot lead that up. if someone else is skilled in this area, have at it.

BTW - Anyone who is planning on doing oil / fluid work - bring your new oil / fluids, and bring home your old oil / fluids. Just a heads up - steve

Egodriver71 said:
Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Egodriver71 said:

I would like to do an oil change as I'm approaching 30k miles and as far as I know, it's on the original oil.  I've done the old damper rod forks plenty of times, but I've heard there are special tools to hold springs and compress things to allow you to pull apart cartridge forks.

If your oil change tools allow me to do it without having to really disassemble the forks, I'd love to get the oil changed.
I have some experience in this area.
A fork oil change requires removal and dis-assembly of the forks. Steve does not have the tools to disassemble a cartridge type  fork. I can easily  say that a fork oil change is not something we can do at this particular  tech session without proper planning and the required tools. If we had a spare cartridge fork already removed we could go over how to do it. I could bring my fork compressor.

HEADS UP!

If you're planning on coming PLEASE sign in on the COG calendar. we're going food shopping, and I really need some type of head count so everyone has plenty to eat. TIA - Steve

Steve, guess it'll have to be another year...have to work this weekend.
Remember to look the the overflow bottle protective piece for me please.

Thanks,

All, I will be riding from Oviedo leaving around ~0800 Saturday ... Anyone cruising through or leaving from somewhere along the route ... If you want to "convoy" over to Steve's place ... Please email or PM me and let's see if we can get together.

Sorry about the lateness of my sighning up, but, INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Plus, I can't wait to see the movie director again and maybe get her autograph. :great: :great:

2fast said:
Well..........there goes my furthest traveled award :-[ :-[

Hope to meet you there Gary :)

Just signed up, looking forward to meeting you Brian  :beerchug:

I am in.  Nearly missed this one since I have been planning on sessions closer to the house.  Tom's session was great in Georgia and I think a 1000 mile is just what I need! :)

registrations' are jumping now! looks like we're going to have a great turnout.

Weather report, no rain, partially cloudy, 80*, low humidity. sound good to me!

Mike's c-14 is here for the valve adjustment, shops are ready (almost) Revrev has stepped up and offered tables and chairs so everyone can sit to eat and visit. If Al and Turbomax bring their lift tables, we'll have 3. Mike D is trying to hook up a system to project from camera to a laptop real time, so anyone who wants to see high points on various work (particularly on the c-14 can see it without having to shove their head in there! I appreciate all the help we're getting!

One administrative note - responsible CC is welcome / expected. C is C !

Getting stoked! looking forward to a great day  :great: Steve

Sorry Steve ... It's been a long day ... I ain't gettin' it ... Please expand on ...

"One administrative note - responsible CC is welcome / expected. C is C !"

I'm really looking forward to Saturday, Thanks Steve for hosting & sharing your knowledge  :beerchug:

:-\  Anyone going that has completed SUSPENSION SET-UP on the C14 by doing the measurements for front and rear sag & rebound? ;)    I would like to do mine but need help holding the bike up while I sit on it and measurements are taken and adjustments are made. :great:    I think Doug has paper work on this  ( which I hope he will bring for me, let me know) but I think he wants to shim his valve cover according to his earlier  post.    Let me know, please  Alan in  Ft. Lauderdale Fl    :motonoises:  954-439-0785 cl

douglasjre said:
I need to shim my valve cover and replace the sensor o ring. Sound like a good thing to plan for the session?  >:D

:-X    Steve,  This is where I got my information from about Doug Re.  I know he is giving a seminar on this at the National but I was hoping to get it done before that trip so I can hit the curves in Ga in the next few weeks. :motonoises: :motonoises: ;)      Still waiting from anyone who has done the suspension set up by taking the measurements for the basic set up before you fine it. :'(

Alan, if you can't get anyone else to help, I would certainly be willing to help with your setup.  I won't have my motorcycle so I was planning on pretty much being a spectator anyway.  The basic setup shouldn't take too long.

HTH,

Due to my work schedule I won't be able to get there till probably 1230 or 1 o'clock.
How late will this tech day run?

GF-in-CA said:
Alan, if you can't get anyone else to help, I would certainly be willing to help with your setup.  I won't have my motorcycle so I was planning on pretty much being a spectator anyway.  The basic setup shouldn't take too long.

HTH,

PM SENT  Thanks

Well, I've been ousted.  I'll be a no show tomorrow.  We're down two
people at worksux tomorrow, and I HAVE TO go....  what a pisser.  (I was sooooo close!)

Someone gobble up my burger...  Have a great time guys/gals!!!

Mcfly said:
people at worksux tomorrow, and I HAVE TO go....  what a pisser.  (I was sooooo close!)

Bummer, dude.

And I had a spot for you to pitch the tent, right next to a sprinkler.  >:D

See ya Sunday still, right?

that sux Marty. Jen went food shopping for us, let me just say I need more work  :-\ . I'm sure someone will help us with your food  ;) Steve

Steve: I'll be bringing mac salad and potato salad, soda, chips, pretzels, etc. Anything else I can bring? I also got a few guys coming....

Alan: Dionne and I can easily help you. Hang on buddy, we are coming!

Steve: I hope to practice my suspension seminar on you guys tomorrow. I will distribute some paperwork too

douglasjre said:
Steve: I'll be bringing mac salad and potato salad, soda, chips, pretzels, etc. Anything else I can bring? I also got a few guys coming....

Alan: Dionne and I can easily help you. Hang on buddy, we are coming!

Steve: I hope to practice my suspension seminar on you guys tomorrow. I will distribute some paperwork too

:)  ;)  Thanks,  See you there :great:

SteveJ. said:
Mcfly said:

Bummer, dude.

And I had a spot for you to pitch the tent, right next to a sprinkler.  >:D

See ya Sunday still, right?

Yes sir!!  I don't work Sundays... no effin' way.

Perhaps.... in honor of the Wrenching session, I'll install my HID conversion after work tomorrow!!!  :beerchug:

nice turn out...good to see a majority of the peeps i got to talk to! and here is a couple pics and a vid from my dji phantom vison 2 quad copter.

click on the pic below for the video (it's in MP4 format)

Hey Jeff, sorry I missed you, I was in the shop working most of the time, but if I'd know you were there I would have said hi.  Cool copter video, BTW  :great:

It was great to see those I did meet, I had a good time.  Kudos to Steve S., great job putting it on and thanks to Jen and all that helped for the great food  :beerchug:

:pDT_Armataz_01_37:      Great tech day!!  :great:  :bravo_2:  Steve, you made it happen and I say THANK YOU  and  to Jen for the coffee and super lunch.  :c017: Nice to see some old faces and meet some new ones. What a great group of people.  :You_Rock_Emoticon: (The Drone, WOW?)    Gary, BIG THANKS to you for teaching me the principals on suspension set up. (You too Doug) could feel the difference as soon as I got out of the drive way and going down the road. Will get my front seal replaced and then be ready to run some knee dragging corners.  :motonoises: :motonoises:  Thanks for the lessons and to all who helped hold the bike while measurements were taken. :08:  Would like to hear how all the other C-14 owners that made suspension adjustments feel about the changes made.  POST IT!! Or send me a PM. ;)  Mike D., I was so surprised to hear your bike start up instantly after the vales were reset and cams reinstalled.  JOB well done and my kundues to all those involved (Steve S.) and the others.    GREAT TECH DAY!!! :1rij: :s_bye2: :s_bye2:

Sorry to have missed it after having signed up, but a stomach bug won out. Have fun at Gator Joes. Hate to miss both events.

See Y'all in JC if not sooner.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Steve et al ... thanks for a great day ... I learned a lot ... and it was great to see everyone again. :great:

Great time!!!  :beerchug:

I just hope Mike's bike stays together!?!  :motonoises:

Kidding, that was VERY informative and let me know I need to alot a day or two to do it at home.

Steve,
Had a great time hanging out and picking up tidbits from the wealth of knowledge shared there Saturday. Saw a few old faces and a bunch of new ones too. Thanks!

Give your wife a great big hug and a THANK YOU from all of us that were there. She did a fantastic job with all the food!

Whew!

It's Monday AM, 2fast just headed out for a flight back to the frozen Tundra. This marks the official end to the COG / Shoodaben Engineering 2014 Tech Session.  We had appx 35 folks here at the height of the session, (most likely due to Jens cooking). I personally consider the tech session a great success. we successfully performed ;

1) the first c-14 valve adjustment, inc cam removal, at any COG tech session to date; we also installed a manual cam chain tensioner, removed the pair valve system and replaced the cam sensor orings; Daytona Mike put in a full day!

2) Gary French did 7 c-14 suspension setups for c-14 owners; Thanks Gary!

3) Doug Re did a suspension set up mini-seminar, along with replacing the cam sensor oring on his c-14;

4) Diablo6v did an oil change, plug change, air flter cleaning and clutch M/C rebuild on his c-10;

5) The big surprise for the day was when a Cogger blew in around 3pm as the completion of his first SS1000 ride. He was pretty worn out, and so was his bike. It had some pretty significant issues, but the c-10 guys rallied around, and primarily thanks to 2fast and SteveJ an ignition issue was sorted, a valve adjustment performed, carbs synced, and the rear tire replaced. I'm sure the bike he rode out on was performing significantly better than the one he rode in on, and certainly more roadworthy for his trip back to Atlanta.

Jen (my wife) put on a great spread of food including sirloin burgers, hot dogs, cole slaw potato salad, etc etc. I don't think anyone went away hungry. Everyone was genuinely appreciative, and gave Jen a big hand of applause  :great:

Jen's lunch was punctuated by an NSA drone flyover that had us all looking up and giving the "universal hello" with our middle fingers as the drone flew around and hovered over us. Birdshot was discussed as an option. Turns out you don't want to get Turbomax mad, he has the same technology to invade your privacy the gov't has. I think we were glad to see him out in the street with the controller; at least it wasn't actually the NSA spying on a clandestine gathering of grey haired motorcyclists eating hamburgers  :rotflmao:

The Tech Session carried over onto Sunday with a COG RTE at Gator Joe's in Oklawaha, Fl. A beautiful day had by all, weather was great and so was the riding.

All in all a great time was had by all I'm sure, as Florida served up some great weather to go with good times with Fellow Coggers. 2014 Tech Session is going into history, now onto planning for the National...  :beerchug: Steve

Yeah, thanks Steve for allowing the invasion! Twas a good one!

Glad to have finally gotten my lame butt over to yer place. Seeya at the National. Methinks yer gonna be a mighty popular guy there!  ;D

i wish i wasn't under the weather as i would have spent more time with you guys and flown around the drone a lot more, but was still nice to see many many of the COG group having a good time among friends!  :)

Steve - Thank you and all those who participated in the planning and other activities in getting this wrenching session on the calendar and in the history books.  Getting to know the Florida riders and sharing a great meal was a real treat.  There are days that you simply enjoy so much that you know you will remember them forever.  This is one of those days for me.  As you know, I used the ride as an excuse to get in an SS1000 ride before it gets too hot.  My sole intention in coming down was to get my ride done, meet Florida riders and try to learn what I could by watching you guys do your thing.

My bike drew a little attention around an issue I had been experiencing with an idle race condition.  Admittedly, I wanted to ask some questions in hoping to get to the root cause of the issue, but I was overwhelmed by the response from you and all the other riders present.  I was in a daze from being up for 36 hours, 22 of which I had been riding.  The next thing I new my bike was on Al's lift and was about to receive an astounding make over.

It started with throttle cable adjustments that were appropriate, but not the cause of the issue.  Then on to a carb balance procedure.  All checked out well.  From there, the ignition system was evaluated.  Oil leaking on the spark plug wells was cleaned up.  The coil and coil wires were tested.  A failed wire was identified.  A replacement plug and coil was provided by the host of the event, 'Steve in Sunny Fla'.  While running on three cylinders was an issue, that was identified to be NOT the root cause of the issue at hand.  The peculiar speed of the starter during start attempts caught several onlookers ear as being symptomatic of compression issues.  A valve adjustment was recommended.  I was already so humbled by all the attention and focus that my bike was receiving, I tried to decline the offer because I did not want to be such a time and resource hog during a Florida event.  In a nutshell, I was warmly encouraged to reap the benefits of being a COG member stand back and watch.  2Fast and SteveJ moved the lift and bike into a covered work area and got to work.  In no time, it was identified that there was no valve clearance.  The compression problem was confirmed.  The guys worked quickly together to get the valves adjusted to specification.

While the bike was up on the lift, it was observed that my rear tire had completely disintegrated during the 1101 mile trip down.  The radial belts were clearly visible, and you could nearly see the air inside the tire.  Underinflation was identified as the cause.  Now I had realized I was going to be stuck in town as it was likely that Tuesday would be the first opportunity to try to get a tire locally on such short notice.  Richard (RevRev) steps up and indicated he had brand new tire five minutes away at his house.  He ran and got the tire and it was quickly installed by Steve.

During the tire installation, my rear brake issues were brought to light.  Turns out it is not good to have a rotor that 'blued and dished' due to extreme heat.  No one had ever seen one in such bad condition.  Richard also had a complete rear brake system he readily offered to provide for my bike.  Wow, I was thinking, what else could possibly be wrong.  Then the front brakes were looked at the those rotors were warped.  Daytona_Mike quickly spoke up and said he has a pair of rotors available and he would give them to me if I was going to be at the Gator Joe's RTE on the following day.  Wow!

When the bike was brought down from the lift, the bike started and ran like a sewing machine on steroids.  What a truly amazing sound.  My bike finally actually sounded like other Connies.  The ride was like I had never experienced.  Coming from the antique Honda world, I had been impressed with the power of a Concours as it was, but I am now absolutely blown away.  The bike has a whole new personality.  It was said that the only thing that did not change about the bike was the VIN, and I would have to say I agree.

Sunday, I met the guys at Gator Joe's for lunch.  What an adventure sharing a meal with such a great group of guys.  Following the lunch ride plans were made in the parking lot.    Daytona_Mike brought the rotors as promised.  I went out with a group led by SteveJ and Daytona_Mike and had a blast running the back roads of Central Florida.  I will be sure to be at every Florida ride I can make.  Great riders, and I was able to keep up (for the most part....  These guys are very fast!) on my NEW bike.

When it was time to turn north for the return trip to Atlanta, what was not already fixed on my bike was in my saddle bags ready for installation when I got home.  This was an experience for which I will remain eternally grateful.  Such a humbling experience to be associated with such a great group of guys.  THANKS to each and everyone of you!

^^^( i didnt want to quote a big post) this is a BIG reason why i am very glad to be a part of this awesome group of people!

Great riders, and I was able to keep up (for the most part....  These guys are very fast!) on my NEW bike.

Uummm, a point to ponder. If there were no performance awards issued by a law enforcement agency, were we really going "very fast"?  ;)

Things did get a bit "spirited".  :motonoises: :motonoises: :great:

SteveJ. said:
Great riders, and I was able to keep up (for the most part....  These guys are very fast!) on my NEW bike.

Uummm, a point to ponder. If there were no performance awards issued by a law enforcement agency, were we really going "very fast"?  ;)

Things did get a bit "spirited".  :motonoises: :motonoises: :great:

Uhh, failed to mention it, but 2fast and I got a pass on itchyscratchee rd  :motonoises: 

MountainMike - just clarifying - the carb balance came after the valve adjustment... can't do a balance with leaking valves. Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Uhh, failed to mention it, but 2fast and I got a pass on itchyscratchee rd  :motonoises: 
Steve

aah yes, my favorite road!!! itchyscratchee!!!  :)

We were riding in full compliance of all state, county and local ordinances, and a nice moto officer parked on the side of the road waved to us. Well, his hands were moving up and down, kinda like he was "hailing the king"  ;).I think it was obvious to both 2fast and myself that he wanted to be out riding like us, but his issued moto must have been tired and needed to rest  :rotflmao:. We maintained a responsible pace for awhile after seeing him, but he never did catch up, so I think he might have gone riding with the sportbikes that passed us going north  :motonoises: Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
  We were riding in full compliance of all state, county and local ordinances, and a nice moto officer parked on the side of the road waved to us. Well, his hands were moving up and down, kinda like he was "hailing the king"  ;).I think it was obvious to both 2fast and myself that he wanted to be out riding like us, but his issued moto must have been tired and needed to rest  :rotflmao:. We maintained a responsible pace for awhile after seeing him, but he never did catch up, so I think he might have gone riding with the sportbikes that passed us going north  :motonoises: Steve

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Must be cuz you were on the Beemer Light Truck.