• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Florida wrench session - apr 05

I was actually on shoodaben at that point.

When we got off itchyscratchee, shoodaben suffered from such poor carb tuning (I need a new mechanic) I had to turn the not so loud anymore handle and push the weakness out. 10k / 4th gear seemed to do it.  I pulled over at the next store to get a real motorcycle back under me, 2fast seemed happy to oblige.  :rotflmao:  Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
When we got off itchyscratchee, shoodaben suffered from such poor carb tuning (I need a new mechanic) I had to turn the not so loud anymore handle and push the weakness out. 10k / 4th gear seemed to do it.  I pulled over at the next store to get a real motorcycle back under me, 2fast seemed happy to oblige.  :rotflmao:  Steve

You needed an Italian tune up!!! :motonoises:

I also want to thank everyone at the wrenching session for their friendliness, helpfullness and down right great group of people. After having the suspension tuned on my bike (on of the seven done) it handled like a scalded dog on the way home. I had a great time meeting everyone and plan on coming again next year. I'll see many of you at the RWTW in the fall. Now if I can just talk the wife into coming........

Pheeewwww....finally home and another fantastic day of work under my belt ???
Had a little glitch getting on a plane to come home, but made it back about 10:30 on Monday night after hangin around the TPA airport all day waiting for a seat.

I had a great weekend with everybody down in Florida.  You guys sure know how to put on a tech session.....man it was a three ring circus with stuff getting torn apart, fixed and adjusted all over the place. >:D  I enjoyed meeting a bunch of new guys that I recognize from the forum.  Loved the drone attack from Turbo-Max :great:  SISF did a nice job of distributing his knowledge and juggling jobs. Jennifer cooked up a freakin feast! 

Best of all for me was getting some riding in after the Worst Winter Ever :mad:  Gator Joes was a hoot, and I had my first basket of fried gator........tasted just like gator! 

Many thanks to SISF for letting me come down and crash in his camper, eat his food, take up his time and especially spend a few VERY fun hours riding Shoodaben.......yeeeeehaawwww.  Glad we did not get to exchange info with the motor officer!  Tell Star I miss her too.......she's a hell of a watch doggy :rotflmao:

Pics below......

http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/bpsnow1/slideshow/SISF%20Tech%20session%204-5-14

Good to see you again Brian. I had a great time.  For those of you looking at the pics that is my 2008 C14 getting  its first valve adjustment at 24k miles. Several valves were out of spec and  too tight. In one day were able to get it all adjusted and back together and running all the while showing and instructing others. :-[ :-[
I learned a lot (again) from Sunny Steve and was so glad to hear my engine fire up on the first push of the starter button  with not one issue. Thank you Steve :) :) :)
Great pics. Thanks.  :great:  :great:

Good time had by all. Thanks to Steve for making this a successful  event for the SE for the third year in a row. A few different wrinkles for this year made this slightly more memorable.
Now I'm sharing Brian's crappy weather up near Chicago, and already missing the green and FL palm trees. What a difference a (long) days ride makes.
Sounds like Mike is getting his C10 squared away to the point of having a proper riding machine. SE members rock in all regards.

Well, I'll second, third, and fourth everything everybody said about the day, the event, our host (and hostess) and everything else. Thanks Steve (again) for advice, nuggets of wisdom, and the incredible patience to deal with all those folks invading your domicile.

Here's my pics - there's a lot (!) so slideshow only version. Plus I don't think I can compete with the NSA version. Since those have all our data, lives and perversions saved in some database from just that flyover.  :sign0151:  Enjoy.  ;D

http://s229.photobucket.com/user/bugnut_bucket/slideshow/Florida%20Wrench%20Session%202014

Mike

:1rij:        :1rij: Mike,  GOOD SHOW!!  :great: ;)        Tanks  Alan

Thank you ALL again for the opportunity to visit with all the technical expertise at the session.  You guys worked magic on my bike!  I followed up with all the additional recommendations for my bike.  Got it all done last Monday thru Friday. This weekend, I put another 1100 miles on the odometer.  She rides like a dream.

Thanks to each of you, but especially those who 'laid hands' on my bike.  ;)

Michael

MountainMike said:
Thank you ALL again for the opportunity to visit with all the technical expertise at the session.  You guys worked magic on my bike!  I followed up with all the additional recommendations for my bike.  Got it all done last Monday thru Friday. This weekend, I put another 1100 miles on the odometer.  She rides like a dream.

Thanks to each of you, but especially those who 'laid hands' on my bike.  ;)

I bet you are breathing easier, eh? 

(That's a respiratory joke.....)  :))