• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fuel pump filters

Murph

Crotch Rocket
Industry Vendor
Got a box of 49019-0013 filters in today.. as its not officially listed as a C14 part, what years do y'all know they work with?

Murph

08 through 22, Murph when doing a reverse parts search covered a vast amount of years of ATV off-road- side-by-side Mules, Kawasaki replaced the pump and superseded the part numbers for the concourse, 49040-0024 was used since 2008 and 21 to the last Concours used
49040-0820 uses this filter since it's not like an OEM to have to add more part numbers. We keep them in the shop

Attachments

• 3C8DA509-F4E8-439C-83C9-984BE955DA2F.jpeg
    3C8DA509-F4E8-439C-83C9-984BE955DA2F.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 5C9034C6-453B-4616-BFE8-BC83C758A9D7.jpeg
    5C9034C6-453B-4616-BFE8-BC83C758A9D7.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Murph,

When will you be listing these? My 2012 has 108K and I am already overhauling the calipers, master cylinder and adjusting the valves. I had a previously had a bike with a clogged filter that destroyed a road trip and I might as well replace the fuel filter while I have the bike torn down.

Antibus

Dan, not sure I will have them up tomorrow, I'm thinking as well as having them as a stand alone part, listing it as an add on to our valve adjustment kit.

You folks that have changed filters, is there any other parts needed to do the job?

I've really not stepped up to the plate for C14 maintenance items like I should have...think we may be working on that shortly

Murph

PS....I think I have all OEM brake caliper kits for the 14, and they aren't listed onsite...

Last edited:
Dan, not sure I will have them up tomorrow, I'm thinking as well as having them as a stand alone part, listing it as an add on to our valve adjustment kit.

You folks that have changed filters, is there any other parts needed to do the job?

I've really not stepped up to the plate for C14 maintenance items like I should have...think we may be working on that shortly

Murph

PS....I think I have all OEM brake caliper kits for the 14, and they aren't listed onsite...
The only other parts you may need are the two o-rings on the internal lines if you lose yours, the mating o-ring between the tank and the fuel pump assembly (again, if you lose or break yours), blue loctite, and maybe the actual fuel pump. The whole replacement was a lot easier than I thought it'd be - 10mm socket, 6mm allen socket, 5mm allen socket (allens for removing/loosening body pieces), small flat head screwdriver, medium flat head, medium Philips head screwdriver, and in-lb torque wrench.

There's also this hidden hi pressure filter in the upper plastic 'cap' that houses the regulator - thanks to Justcliff who posted the pic in a now deleted thread. Not available from Kaw as a separate item but is from Suzuki, part number: 15610-14J00. A few folks have had probs that only a new Kaw pump assembly fixed. Here's why perhaps.

Attachments

• Resized Pump.jpg
    Resized Pump.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 105
If you give the entire housing a good bath with Gunkout Carb Cleaner and then use some compressed air to dry it out it should be good to go. Nearly impossible to get everything out of all the crevices. A set of small jeweler’s tools, patience and the right lighting help.

Also of note, cleaning out the fuel pressure regulator may help as well.
F4688496-341D-424F-88BD-CB73F69F565B.jpeg

B015ACC5-EACE-4525-BEDD-9F03DE40DF29.jpeg

CAA82C26-2918-4AE1-BC77-04BA9578EFBC.jpeg

19E46247-A7D7-428E-80A1-CF7F6B3B42E7.jpeg

It was first identified by BundyBear in Australia. This pic was supplied by Roba, also in Aust, and who has a Suzuki.

VMNaTXt.jpg

Last edited:
Update:

This high pressure filter was first second identified by BundyBear in Australia. The pic (in reply 13) was supplied by Roba, also in Aust, and who has a Suzuki. Suzuki part number: 15610-14J00

It was actually Kaw who first identified this little known secret filter (in reply 10), hidden in the DFI section of the FSM.
dfi.jpg
16. Pressure Regulator
17. Fuel Pump
18. Fuel Filter