I am headed for MotoGP in Austin this coming Tuesday April 17th. I will probably just take the fastest route from Southeastern PA. If anyone out there is also headed that way give me a shout. Really psyched for the ride.
smithr1 said:Hi Fred,
...Get a pic with the track babes and post it here.
kkja13 said:We had a great time. Weather was perfect, a little cool in the morning, then sunny and warm. I'm sunburned!!!
Marquez dominated, 2nd place in the first turn, then took over first after the long straight (turn 12), then ran away from everyone.
The vendor area was great as usual, although I didn't see Kawasaki represented. I saw most other brands, yamaha, suzuki, honda, indian, hardly, guzzi, aprilla, etc
1. Ride to the race because that gets you free parking in the motorcycle lot. They will also check your gear into a tent for free.
2. If you bring a car you can either park in the COTA lots or there are many other private lots around the track. $20 is fairly standard for pricing.
3. Turn 1 is a very high vantage point but the big screen TV there isn't very big.
4. Turn 15 stands are good higher than row 10 is best and section 7 or higher is better. The lower numbered sections are closer to the big screen.
5. General admission is also a good way to go. That gets you access to many of the areas where there are no stands.
6. Arrive early. First race at 11 we got there around 9.
7. Traffic headed back to Austin is HORRIBLE!!! Hang around the track until things thin out. This is a great time to do some shopping as most vendors were offering 30% off.
8. The main grandstands on the start/finish straight are good but you will watch most of the race on TV.