• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6, May 2-5 2019

Just Cliff

Okay boys & girls HMR #6 is on! I guess we've done something to make you wanna keep coming back as seen from the pressure I received in #5 thread. Maybe y'all just really like camping in my yard/pasture.

Due to a s/e event already planned, Easter & Mothers Day it's just a little later in the year than normal. Could be a good thing, we'll see.

This will once again be a 4 day event. Registration will again include 6 meals, 3 dinners & 3 breakfast along with water, soft drinks, morning coffee. All will be pretty much the same as in the past. A place to camp, shower & those lovely plastic outhouses will also be included.  Might get creative & make a few upgrades/changes but don't count on it.

Keep an eye out for more details & info to come.

So mark your calender's & plan to be here. We're doing it because you wanted it!  :)

They don't get much more frugal than this event.

Gumby

Staff member
Letting work know I will not be around for work week 18 & 19 in 2019, cause I will be in Arkansas.

:103: :singing: :campfire:

connie_rider

Yahooooooooooooooooooooo…………… Thank you Cliff!  {err Jimmie}

Letting the Boss {wifey} know that I'll need that time off too.
Cliff;  Let me know if you need me to send "Jim" to help with preparations.. <sly grin>

Ride safe, Ted

mspickelmier

I am happy to see this again...  I would be happier if I have time to make it.  Lets see if work is more cooperative this year.

SteveJ

:great:

And wifey may even attend, though she will not ride much. She's not a fan of curvy roads, especially if taken at a faster than cruiser speed.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

:beerchug:

ayucius4717

Street Cruiser
Forum Subscriber

:popcorncouple:

CRocker

Sport Tourer
Forum Subscriber
Hmmm...considering the long ride for me and all...I might be able to make it in May... :-\

connie_rider

Oh nooooo.
    There goes the neighborhood...………..  :rotflmao:

CRocker said:
Hmmm...considering the long ride for me and all...I might be able to make it in May... :-\

Ride safe, Ted

CRocker

Sport Tourer
Forum Subscriber
"Oh nooooo.
    There goes the neighborhood...………..  :rotflmao:"

I'm not really sure it's a good thing when Ted says that... :rotflmao:

connie_rider

Good point…  :-[
OK, {even though CRocker and I plan to be there},, who else wants to offer Cliff encouragement?

Ride safe, Ted

pslshawn

Street Cruiser
Thanks Cliff and Jimmie for keeping the HMR alive.  Really looking forward to it!

I'm thinkin a week's vacation is in order for this one...cause I ain't doin that 1100 m. straight thru again.  :truce:

Cookie

Cliff,
That's great news. I hope to be there, but can't commit to anything until late Feb. Life is throwing me a sucker punch again, so I back to limiting my planning to three to four month segments. It looks like it could be an interesting, but not fun, year.

It's on the calendar. If my health permits, I'll be there.

SteveJ

Cookie said:
Cliff,
That's great news. I hope to be there, but can't commit to anything until late Feb. Life is throwing me a sucker punch again, so I back to limiting my planning to three to four month segments. It looks like it could be an interesting, but not fun, year.

Dammit. Good luck to ya Jim. Say "hey" to Mrs. Cookie for me.

rico2072

Scooter
Hopefully I can make it! I will be heading to the SW again in April, so if you decide dates, I can hopefully work its out to be there on the way back!

Just Cliff

Gumby said:
Letting work know I will not be around for work week 18 & 19 in 2019, cause I will be in Arkansas.

And the long distance award goes tooooooo?  :beerchug:

Cookie said:
Cliff,

Damn Jim, I really hate to hear this. Certainly hope things turn around for you.  :) Best of luck.

SteveJ. said:
Rico said:
LOL, read the whole thing and never payed attention to the title!  :))

I wuz gonna say something smartassy...

Me to!  :nananana:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:

Hey Alan, put down your popcorn & start making plans to be here!  :rotflmao:

Cookie

Thanks Cliff. Things are fine now, but it's wait and see. The Lab work and CT scan four weeks ago showed significant growth in the last six months. Not a good trend. My best hope is for things to stabilize, but as the doctor said, this is the natural progression of the disease. Not what I wanted to hear. I knew this stuff would be back, but I hoping it wouldn't be this soon. At least I had a great summer and got to ride with some good friends.

I'll know more in mid Feb. Even if I have to start chemo again, I might be able to make it to HMR #6. It will depend on the timing of the treatments. This stuff is treatable, but it does zap a person pretty badly. I do think some spirited riding in Arkansas and fellowship with my COG friends could be the best, and lowest cost treatment I could have.

I plan on being at HMR #6. It's a damn good goal to have. I will win this round of the fight.

RomanB

Moped
Just Cliff said:
Gumby said:

And the long distance award goes tooooooo?  :beerchug:

Cookie said:
Cliff,

Damn Jim, I really hate to hear this. Certainly hope things turn around for you.  :) Best of luck.

SteveJ. said:
Rico said:
LOL, read the whole thing and never payed attention to the title!  :))

I wuz gonna say something smartassy...

Me to!  :nananana:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:

Hey Alan, put down your popcorn & start making plans to be here!  :rotflmao:

I just want to spend quality time with Mollie  :1rij:

kv5e

Global Moderator and Muser of much - COG 5063
Staff member
Jim Snyder said:
Just Cliff said:
connie_rider said:
If I counted right, that's 18 that are already planning to come...

Ride safe, Ted

What happens at 20 Ted? you'll be out of toe's!  :nananana:  :rotflmao:

Well technically Ted could count to 21.

With his hands and feet in his pockets!!!!!!!! :D :rotflmao: :85: . . . . . might take a lot of feeling around!!!!! :)) MAYBE

Gumby

Staff member
Let's stay on topic people! .... good people, good roads, good BBQ(bringing Traeger), good beer(bring your own if you don't like Ted's), big fires, and excellent hosts.

Who else is going to join us?

ZG/ZN Kim

Tom,
You are absolutely right, the HMR rally is very good one. Cliff and Jimmie really work hard to put this thing on, but you are going to be surprised how the rest of their family also help to make this thing happen. No doubt a team effort.

But there is another great rally later that same month,  the Bun Cooler, I really want to make it out there this year.  Just thought I would throw that "plug" out there for you.

connie_rider

Kim brought some good Yankee BBQ to the ride last weekend. I just got a taste, but hoping he'll bring some more?
Tom, I had to look up Traeger. In Texas we just call them BBQ Pits or Smokers.
You sed; good beer (bring your own if you don't like Ted's)..
                I liked that part, bekuz I prefer to keep most of mine for me.. <evil grin>
                        But I'll share with ya'll COGgers.

I agree, Cliff and family work together to put on a great gatherin'...
As they agreed to do it again, we need to help all we can...
I've been experimenting with Smoking some hams lately using mesquite.
    I can smoke a couple of them to contribute to the breakfasts?

Getting back to; Who else is going to join us?
I'd like to see 50 names on this discussion before the Rally.
    Contact your COG Buddies and have them post..

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider

I know why ya sed that.
  Ya'll are all envious of my "Extremely" good looks, "Superior" riding skills, and "Pleasing" personality.
  ie; "ESP"

:p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p

:p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p

Errr, {getting back on topic}
          Who else is gonna be at the Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6 with us?

Ride safe, Ted

ayucius4717

Street Cruiser
Forum Subscriber
                                                                                              Very nice  Ted. :clap: :clap:

Just Cliff

Gumby said:
Let's stay on topic people! ....
ZG/ZN Kim said:
But there is another great rally later that same month,  the Bun Cooler, I really want to make it out there this year.  Just thought I would throw that "plug" out there for you.

Off track again, but that's okay. I had hoped to make the Bun Cooler last year. My Alaska trip interfered though. If all works out, maybe I could meet you up north somewhere ride over together Kim.  :motonoises:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
                                                                                              Very nice  Ted. :clap: :clap:

So, you coming Alan?

ayucius4717

Street Cruiser
Forum Subscriber
  Only if I can be sure NOT to be caught in a TORNADO.    I was once less than 5 miles away from where a tornado touched down while on my bike and it was really scary.          Scariest part was I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS HAPPENING. Ya, there was a lot of heavy rain and wind but I couldn't see any funnel cloud beyond the trees and forest.      I could have driven right into the dam thing.    Going to have to wait and watch  the weather.      ;)

don clements

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
  Only if I can be sure NOT to be caught in a TORNADO.    I was once less than 5 miles away from where a tornado touched down while on my bike and it was really scary.          Scariest part was I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS HAPPENING. Ya, there was a lot of heavy rain and wind but I couldn't see any funnel cloud beyond the trees and forest.      I could have driven right into the dam thing.    Going to have to wait and watch  the weather.      ;)

I don't know Alan  if I remember correctly Alan  You had just a spectacular motorcycle trailing device attached to a Pius or something of the sorts :)  Weather smeather :nananana:

Just Cliff

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:

I don't know Alan  if I remember correctly Alan  You had just a spectacular motorcycle trailing device attached to a Pius or something of the sorts :)  Weather smeather :nananana:

What Don said! You're trailering Alan, so a little weather don't matter.

Just realized if you come Don, that will be 5 out the 6 COG regions represented.  :great:  For a small regional rally, I call that pretty damn good!  :)

Hope to see you back here Don.

connie_rider

We had more than our share of Tornado warnings at the previous Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous.
So, I talked to the *Boss. There's not going to be any tornado problems at the next Rally..
(The Boss) Mrs. "Just Cliff" said "she" won't allow any...  :great:
Problem solved.

Ride Safe, Ted

don clements

Just Cliff said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:

What Don said! You're trailering Alan, so a little weather don't matter.

Just realized if you come Don, that will be 5 out the 6 COG regions represented.  :great:  For a small regional rally, I call that pretty damn good!  :)

Hope to see you back here Don.

:beerchug:  I may do graceland again also

I missed your 2018 rally, which was a shame since I live so close. I have already told the wife that this is a must-do, and I will be there. We have some great riding roads in Arkansas, and even though I have ridden most of them at least once, they are too much fun not to ride again and again. A week ago I rode the Pig Trail from Eureka Springs to I-40 and highway 7 back to Harrison. Looking forward to seeing you and Jimmie again.

Just Cliff

It'll be nice to having you back Don.

Rastus said:
I missed your 2018 rally, which was a shame since I live so close. I have already told the wife that this is a must-do, and I will be there. We have some great riding roads in Arkansas, and even though I have ridden most of them at least once, they are too much fun not to ride again and again. A week ago I rode the Pig Trail from Eureka Springs to I-40 and highway 7 back to Harrison. Looking forward to seeing you and Jimmie again.

Hopefully the 75 mile ride down is not to taxing!  :) Look forward to having you.

Wt

Looking forward to HMR in a special way this year.  I've been watching for it on the calendar so i can get signed up.  No joy yet.  Any thoughts on when it will be listed?  Cliff i can't Express how much I've enjoyed the HMR in the past.  Thank you and family.  If there is anything i can do to help it would be my pleasure.