• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

    Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

    Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

  • FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

  • *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #7 April 23 – 26 CANCELLED

motocommuter

SE AAD GA
Member
Pitter Patter, lets get get this on the Calander.

It is on the calendar:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=259950&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272020%2D04%2D19%27%7D

From the Reg site:

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #7 returns once again as a 4 day event April 23rd thru 26th, 2020.

Registration includes 6 meals, place to camp, soft drinks, morning coffee & bottled water. Shower, porta johns and ice and ice chest will also be provided and of course there will be firewood.

There will be three dinners and three breakfasts provided. Breakfast will be self-serve, stove & utensils provide. Fixings will be provided for omelets & breakfast burritos.

There will also be door prizes & a 50/50 drawing with proceeds going to OTP.

This event is located right in the center of Arkansas and is easy access to all of Arkansas’s best roads. For the dual sport rider’s the Ozark or Ouachita National forest is only 60 miles away.

Plenty of room for trucks & trailers if that’s how you travel. RV’s okay also. Anyone who would be interested in attending, but are not campers, the local hotel is seven (7) miles away. Hilltop Inn & Suites 124 North Broadview Greenbrier, AR. 72058 501-679-5100

For exact location address, please contact Cliff once you’ve registered. Cliff’s address can also be looked up in the handbook by members. Any further questions you can contact Cliff. Event cost is $45.00 for COG members & $55.00 for non-members. Registration deadline is April, 19th. Limited to 60 people.

:beerchug:

:motonoises:
 

Just Cliff

Member
Member
Victor Salisbury said:
HSMR 2020?
I'm confused...... >:D
MotoCommuter said:
Pitter Patter, lets get get this on the Calander.

:beerchug:

:motonoises:

I'm guessing he's talking about the little event we host, Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous also know as HMR. He must think horseshoe is two words  :-[ :-[. Took me a minute to figure it out.

I was just thinking of posting about ti see if there was interest in doing #7. Kurt & my wife did pick dates last summer. I get a couple messages a week about this.

Okay, so who wants to have HMR #7?  :motonoises:

 
 

ZG/ZN Kim

Member
Member
I know of a few Yankees who absolutely enjoy riding them there roads, while basking in the warm hospitality of the Burnette family.
Let's do this thing, again!
 

motocommuter

SE AAD GA
Member
Just Cliff said:
I'm guessing he's talking about the little event we host, Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous also know as HMR. He must think horseshoe is two words  :-[ :-[. Took me a minute to figure it out.

I was just thinking of posting about ti see if there was interest in doing #7. Kurt & my wife did pick dates last summer. I get a couple messages a week about this.

Okay, so who wants to have HMR #7?  :motonoises:

Bingo.

Regarding Horseshoe or Horse Shoe see the following:

https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/horse-shoe-or-horseshoe.3256517/

But yeah Cliff, put it on the calendar and they will come....

T-shirts this year???
 

Just Cliff

Member
Member
konehead said:
...and where is this event held....I tried a cog forum search and nothing pops up....

Central Arkansas, scroll right down this page & you can see post about #3, 4 & 5.
 

Rasmith

Member
Member
Im in depending on the dates.
I have a fishing tourney Im signed up for May 2 getting there April 30th. Hope it doesn't conflict
 

Nottacop

Member
Member
I just found out that the Southwest COG group is holding their death Valley ride at the beginning of April so I should be able to make this. April is becoming a very exciting month!
 

Just Cliff

Member
Member
With the many messages I've had plus Kurt starting this post, not to mention Kurt & my wife picking dates out like 6 months ago. I'm gonna make it official, HMR #7 will happen April 23 - 26, 2020.

Details along with posting on calendar will follow later this week. The basics are, 4 day event, 6 meals included, coffee & non alcoholic drinks, ice, ice chest, place to camp, shower, porta a john,  :campfire: with extra wood since Phil's coming. With one low fee, probably $40.00 will have to do some calculating.

Not sure if I should start another thread or leave as is? 

So who wants to come? As you know every year is the last year!  :motonoises:  :)  :beerchug:
 

ZG/ZN Kim

Member
Member
Cliff and Jimmie, this is just awesome. This will be my 4th in a row.
Plus I am going to go out on a limb, and predict 4 days of sunshine! :-\
 

Pr356

Member
Member
Cool beans! Awesome!
I requested the right days off at work. I'm glad last years HMR wasn't my first and last.  :D
Thanks Cliff and Jimmie and all that help to put this rally together.  :great: :motonoises:
 

SteveJ

Member
Member
Glad to see it's official.

In.

In the camper van this year, heading out west afterward.

Wifey and puppy may attend, yet to be determined.
 

Cookie

Member
Member
Hope to be there, but………. Yes, I put off the inevitable until about six weeks ago. My blood work numbers reached record highs in late Nov., so I started doing cancer treatments on 12/3. I get to have this fun every 28 days, along with a new magic pill daily. My last scheduled immunotherapy infusion is on 4/20. It usually makes really makes me very tired for the first week. Not sure if I will be able to master the ride to the best camping event in COG (Jim is right!). I'll have see how I respond to the next few treatments before I make the decision. Just might need to take a chance. It might not be what the doctor ordered, but it could be the most effective type of treatment.

I sure would hate to miss the last one, though. I did put it on the calendar, in ink, just in case.
 

motocommuter

SE AAD GA
Member
Cookie said:
Hope to be there, but………. Yes, I put off the inevitable until about six weeks ago. My blood work numbers reached record highs in late Nov., so I started doing cancer treatments on 12/3. I get to have this fun every 28 days, along with a new magic pill daily. My last scheduled immunotherapy infusion is on 4/20. It usually makes really makes me very tired for the first week. Not sure if I will be able to master the ride to the best camping event in COG (Jim is right!). I'll have see how I respond to the next few treatments before I make the decision. Just might need to take a chance. It might not be what the doctor ordered, but it could be the most effective type of treatment.

I sure would hate to miss the last one, though. I did put it on the calendar, in ink, just in case.

Jim, hate to hear that, Cancer Sucks! Take care of yourself, let us know how your doing. If you can’t ride, jump in the car and head down and hang out, it will do you good.
 

Cookie

Member
Member
Kurt,
Thanks. I'm doing great so far. I have two more weeks of dosage increases of the magic pill before I'm at the full level. I feel fine and have minimal side effects. I've been skiing a few times and all is good. The other medication I'm on is the infusion. Had a problem during the first one, but got through it. It does make me very tired for the first week. That's the one scheduled for the Monday before HMR.

I like your idea about driving down. I may have to contact Ted for trailering advice. Never thought I'd say that, but things change. There's also a better chance my wife will come with if we bring the truck, with the bike, of course. She doesn't like driving the truck and has never pulled a trailer. I have time to think about other options, too.

Like I said, it's on my calendar. I had a great time last year and want to be back again. Cliff and Jimmie put on a great event. Plus it's fun hanging with everyone from the SE and SC regions. Ya'all  make us Yankees feel welcome, provided we head North after the event.

Hope to see you in April, if not sooner.

 

Pr356

Member
Member
..." I may have to contact Ted for trailering advice ".......now that's funny  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I hope all goes well with your treatments Jim. Hope to see you at HMR.

P.S. Don't forget your yoga pants  :rotflmao:
 

Just Cliff

Member
Member
MotoCommuter said:
Cookie said:
Hope to be there, but………. Yes, I put off the inevitable until about six weeks ago. My blood work numbers reached record highs in late Nov., so I started doing cancer treatments on 12/3. I get to have this fun every 28 days, along with a new magic pill daily. My last scheduled immunotherapy infusion is on 4/20. It usually makes really makes me very tired for the first week. Not sure if I will be able to master the ride to the best camping event in COG (Jim is right!). I'll have see how I respond to the next few treatments before I make the decision. Just might need to take a chance. It might not be what the doctor ordered, but it could be the most effective type of treatment.

I sure would hate to miss the last one, though. I did put it on the calendar, in ink, just in case.


Jim, hate to hear that, Cancer Sucks! Take care of yourself, let us know how your doing. If you can’t ride, jump in the car and head down and hang out, it will do you good.

Keep fighting it Jim, as Kurt said Cancer sucks big time!

If you can't or just don't feel like do hop in the car & come on down as Kurt also said. Bring Delaine it'll do your soul good.  You can always take one of my bikes out if you need to go for a spin.

Rideezdale said:
..." I may have to contact Ted for trailering advice ".......now that's funny  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well he is the resident expert, you may get more advice than you want!  :)
 

Pr356

Member
Member
SteveJ. said:
Jim Snyder said:
Ok this event is on the calender and registration is open.

I'm not seeing it on the event list.  :'(

I had to go to the south central calendar and then go to April.
I had the same problem finding it on the 2020 event calendar originally.
 

SteveJ

Member
Member
Rideezdale said:
SteveJ. said:
Jim Snyder said:
Ok this event is on the calender and registration is open.

I'm not seeing it on the event list.  :'(

I had to go to the south central calendar and then go to April.
I had the same problem finding it on the 2020 event calendar originally.

That worked.

In and registered. Yee haw.
 

motocommuter

SE AAD GA
Member
Jim Snyder said:
Ok this event is on the calender and registration is open.

Jim, can you add [AR] to the title ? That will add it to the overall calendar listing on the main page. Also, I can't figure out how to add my wife who is a COG member in the same registration, I think there is a setting to use in order to do that.
 

jim snyder

Member
Member
Ok I think its fixed. It shows up on the events calendar and displays the registrants. Thank you for the assistance. 
 

mspickelmier

Member
Member
It appears to be working, I am now signed up!  I have been wanting to make this rally for a while, thanks to Cliff and his family for hosting another year. 
 

Just Cliff

Member
Member
MizzouMike said:
It appears to be working, I am now signed up! 

Look forward to having you Mike, you have talked about it several years. Now just don't set your expectations to high!  :??:

Lets see some more newcomers.  :motonoises:
 

satxrider

Member
Member
I missed the HMR last year, but definitely coming this year.  Great People, Great roads and a huge bonfire.  Who can turn that down.

Steve
 

mspickelmier

Member
Member
My expectation is that I am NOT going to have work get in the way again this year..... .so the bar is low there  :))

and, I am bringing a newcomer!

Just Cliff said:
MizzouMike said:
It appears to be working, I am now signed up! 

Look forward to having you Mike, you have talked about it several years. Now just don't set your expectations to high!  :??:

Lets see some more newcomers.  :motonoises:
 
Top