• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ISO tip over bars for C10

purchased a pair last night from his website and he refunded the purchase today. I was hoping for a backorder status, but no such luck. Guess I just need to be sure it stays upright?

I spoke with him on the phone and he said he lost his supplier of the bent tubes. He offered to send me whatever drawings he has for the tubes and has the rest of the hardware for sale which would be harder for me to make. If I can make one set I'd imagine I could make a second, so I'll let you know if it goes anywhere. He is currently trying to dig up his drawings.

Hi, Gary emailed me last week that he still has rear bars. For the front ones, indeed he hasn't any more and MC Entreprises, that also made bars for C10 has closed. So impossible to find anywhere at least front bars. I'll try to find a welder, unless Samuel you could make some ? Otherwise I'd be interested by Gary's drawings
I wonder what happens when the bike tips over with only rear bars: do the OEM footpegs brake like they do without any bars ? I think as long as we can't find front bars, a possibility is to combine rear bars with Gary's lowered foot pegs as they fold up more than OEM pegs so hopefully shouldn't brake; Gary told me he isn't aware of any of his footpegs broken due to a tip over. The issue will then be damage "only" to mirror, turn signal, fairing and possibly levers. Better than nothing...

Last edited:
I don't think the standard foot pegs will do much. Murph at Murph's kits (is that Gary?) said that the highway pegs offer a little protection, but his lowered foot pegs are also narrower to maintain the original ground clearance. At least that is my understanding of it.

I tried bending some 1" 16ga steel tube with a hydraulic pipe bender which predictably did not work. I think I need a conduit bender...

I don't think the standard foot pegs will do much. Murph at Murph's kits (is that Gary?) said that the highway pegs offer a little protection, but his lowered foot pegs are also narrower to maintain the original ground clearance. At least that is my understanding of it.

I tried bending some 1" 16ga steel tube with a hydraulic pipe bender which predictably did not work. I think I need a conduit bender...
YOU need one of these. Pines #1 hydraulic pipe bender or larger, plus the dies and mandrels. A mid 60s one will set you back about $4 to 5k depending on the condition, plus shipping. The dies and mandrels are usually extra.DIES MANDRELS.jpgPINES #2 PIPE BENDER.jpg

YOU need one of these. Pines #1 hydraulic pipe bender or larger, plus the dies and mandrels. A mid 60s one will set you back about $4 to 5k depending]
Yeah, that looks about right but I just don't have the space for one.

Reactions: WFL
From what I can see, MC Enterprises is still around. They just don't list C10 cages anymore. Anyone have a set of Murph's bars that could be used as a template? Oh, and a shout out to Murph for looking for his drawings. Murph id the man!🍻

Would a manual bender, like that used on a go kart frame work?

Yes but at least it could be interesting to have the dimensions/drawings of MC Entreprises cages for C10 even if they were more or less experimental. I wrote 2 emails to them a few weeks ago and had no reply. I bought 6 years ago from Ryan Nichols, their commercial, a full set of bars for my - at the time - 1400GTR but I can't contact him anymore. Their website is still active but looks like it's and empty shell. Ryan has dissapeared from all Concours forums 5 years ago. I don't understand why the company vanished without any notice, unless they changed name and adress ? I understood they officially supplied law enforcement C14's with their cages, so if they closed doesn't any other company continue the job ?

You are correct. I tried calling them, no luck. FB posts seemed to have stopped in 2016.
I have a set of the MC Canyon Cages for a C10. In 2013-14 I called them about some for my '04 FJR. They were tooling up a run for that model. In talking he said they were doing a deal for Concours owners. Not sure how I could measure them accurately enough so someone could try building a set. If Murph finds his drawing, that would be great.
I asked about the bender as I have seen those for sale on places like Eastwood. Wouldn't work for goping into production, but for making a few it might.

The toughest (most difficult?) part of the Revco-style bars I had was the Z-brackets that transfer the load through the fairing to the mounting holes. After that some straight tubes could be welded together to make spiky harley viking style tubes. So maybe Murph's hardware kit has the brackets or maybe Murph can get them, and after you have those you could probably drill or tap the ends of the tubes to make connections without even welding.
I often wished there was a bolt from the outside in to the z-brackets anyway instead of fiddling around with machine screws that go from the inside out and don't clear the fairing unless everything is done in precise order.

I spoke with him on the phone and he said he lost his supplier of the bent tubes. He offered to send me whatever drawings he has for the tubes and has the rest of the hardware for sale which would be harder for me to make. If I can make one set I'd imagine I could make a second, so I'll let you know if it goes anywhere. He is currently trying to dig up his drawings.
Hi Samuel,
I'd like those drawings as well if you can get them. I have a good welder friend who could make them if I get the dimensions. Needed for my 02 C10.