• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kamping in the Keys.

SteveJ

Feb 6-9, 2014.

Camping in Paradise. The keys, the key deer, the sunsets, the food, the chickens. It's all here.

This will be a laid back "rally". More of a get together. We will have a campfire, and that's about it. You are on your own for food, beverages, and staying alive(we might help a bit on that ;) ) .

On that topic, COG is kicking in for the firewood, I would request a suggested $5 "donation" from folks that are not members.

This KOA has a heated pool, hot tub, a good coffee bar, breakfast, a small camp store, a marina, and an open air covered bar/night club with entertainment. I generally avoid KOA's, but not this one.

The camping rates are $60/night for two people(Yow), BUT extra people are only $6, up to six people per sight. This is for primitive camping in the "back forty". Cheap for the Keys. It is open site camping, so there will be plenty of room. If you get six people per group, you are in for less than $20/night, taxes in. The group does not have to arrive at the same time, it would be easier if you rode in together. The "owner of the sight will be paying up front to the campground. I would suggest posting up on this thread,  or otherwise getting a group together.

They also have a few RVs for rent, at $172/night, plus maybe more for more than two people. They have two queens and a pullout couch. Reserve these now, we will be there in high season.

If you've never visited before, Key West is a different kind of place, no doubt. It's part food fair, part circus, and part weird. Kind of like going to a foreign country without going through customs.
Watch this thread for additional announcements.

Any folks visiting from up north in a rental cage or whatever, please swing by and say howdy, or spend a night or four.

Hope to see a bunch show up, might even make it an annual pilgrimage.

Later, SteveJ.

Camper Dave said:
If my name was Steve, I'd be there....
I'll see if I can get it changed  ;D
We could have a vote at the campfire or at The Half Shell Raw Bar at the harbor in KW, to make you an honorary Steve.

And...

Welcome back!!!

SteveJ. said:
Welcome back!!!

Don't be starting any rumors... I just wish I was down there...
Spent the weekend loading and unloading about 4 cords of firewood. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

In in in in in!

Got this penciled into my calendar. Yes, yes yes!

I probably won't be there until Friday sometime and rolling out early on Sunday, but yeah! In in in!  :Woot_Emoticon:

Mike

Can't commit until December... :(  Hopefully I can get the time off.
My prime vacation pick is going to be for the Silverdammit in June.  :great:

This sounds like a good time.... Someone told me I had a great time in
Keys last time I went...  I'll have to take their word for it.  :rotflmao:

Parking in Key West??  Advantage Motorcycle....

Mcfly said:
Can't commit until December... :(  Hopefully I can get the time off.
My prime vacation pick is going to be for the Silverdammit in June.  :great:

This sounds like a good time.... Someone told me I had a great time in
Keys last time I went...  I'll have to take their word for it.  :rotflmao:

Parking in Key West??  Advantage Motorcycle....

No doubt.

Just an FYI, I(and Margie if she goes) will be heading down on the Thurs the 6th. Mostly cuz two full days down there is more funner than one.

Also, we'll look at forming up "groups" sometime in early January.

Sounds like a good time for Al to spend a week in the Keys partying. I can't think of too many people here that could keep up with me pub crawling, so I can get it out of my system before ya'll get there.                    Al

IronButtAl said:
Sounds like a good time for Al to spend a week in the Keys partying. I can't think of too many people here that could keep up with me pub crawling, so I can get it out of my system before ya'll get there.                    Al
I beg your pardon, there may be some Knuckleheads willing and maybe able to hang plus keep you out of trouble. Oh I forgot you got a stinking badge.  :beerchug: Oh buy the way, do you have a tab?  :beerchug: :beerchug: :party0036:

:D  Is this event going to make it  into the calendar? :great: :beerchug:  Hope to find people to split the expensive before we get there. I'm in. ;) :1rij:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
:D  Is this event going to make it  into the calendar? :great: :beerchug:  Hope to find people to split the expensive before we get there. I'm in. ;) :1rij:
It's on the calendar, I forgot to activate it. Thanx. Post up on this thread to form up a group, that way you know ahead of time who you're hooked up with. Just one other person with your group gets the rate down to $30.night+taxes

SteveJ. said:
Camper Dave said:
If my name was Steve, I'd be there....
I'll see if I can get it changed  ;D
We could have a vote at the campfire or at The Half Shell Raw Bar at the harbor in KW, to make you an honorary Steve.

And...

Welcome back!!!

I was there before my "sport-touring" days, the bar is the place to debate such important decisions  :great:

rawbar.jpg

That was the days I had no sense and thought sport-touers were the ultimate boredom.  I used to haul fast uncomfortable bikes to places such as Key West then unload 'em from my truck. And then I'd park it on sidewalks. I must've been confused.

endUSHWY1.jpg

Years later I got wiser.  But I still haven't outgrown parking on sidewalks.

20110720-DSC_1960.jpg

Just as fu*&^n cheap but much nicer, located right next door. Do you guys mind if we go somewhere a little bit nicer to eat this time? Don't let the classy appearance scare you cheapos off, it's still CHEAP, ok? lol
http://danteskeywest.com/

douglasjre said:
Just as fu*&^n cheap but much nicer, located right next door. Do you guys mind if we go somewhere a little bit nicer to eat this time? Don't let the classy appearance scare you cheapos off, it's still CHEAP, ok? lol
http://danteskeywest.com/

We can do that, sounds cheap good to me.  :great:

Bruce said:
If you weren't 3000 miles away, I would love to join y'all!    :beerchug:

You only have three months to get here. If you ride quick like a bunny, you can still make it in time to be enjoying some Key West Sunset Ale with us.  :rotflmao: ;) :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
Bruce said:
If you weren't 3000 miles away, I would love to join y'all!    :beerchug:

You only have three months to get here.
If you ride quick like a bunny, you can still make it in time to be enjoying some Key West Sunset Ale with us.  :rotflmao: ;) :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

+1

I rode a KLR from SC to Cali then back to Tampa FL in 3.5 weeks.  Surely you can make it 
bigthumb.gif

SteveJ. said:
PaleRider said:
One of the things on my bucket is is to fly East, rent a motorcycle and ride the Keys.

Not an endorsement, just found them on the web.

http://www.cyclerentalnj.com/links6.html

Rent the bike, buy some cheap camping stuff at Wallymart, you're good to go.

Glad I could help.

Let me think,

No wife... check
Air miles up the a**.... check
I can UPS my own camping gear to our local office.... check

Starting to smell like the makings of a plan..... check

PaleRider said:
SteveJ. said:
PaleRider said:
One of the things on my bucket is is to fly East, rent a motorcycle and ride the Keys.

Not an endorsement, just found them on the web.

http://www.cyclerentalnj.com/links6.html

Rent the bike, buy some cheap camping stuff at Wallymart, you're good to go.

Glad I could help.

Let me think,

No wife... check
Air miles up the a**.... check
I can UPS my own camping gear to our local office.... check

Starting to smell like the makings of a plan..... check

bigthumb.gif

If you have never had a famous Keys lobster rueben sammich.......  STRONGLY SUGGEST STOP HERE! 

I need a pic of my bike there too, hope to bump into you there as Teressa and I are munching out
bigthumb.gif

www.keysfisheries.com

3502 Gulfview Avenue
Marathon, FL 33050

Has anyone actually taken the time to book a site yet? We need to have an idea how many will come in relation to how many sites we will need. Maximize the cost per camp site per person ratio and all of that jazz.

IronButtAl said:
Has anyone actually taken the time to book a site yet? We need to have an idea how many will come in relation to how many sites we will need. Maximize the cost per camp site per person ratio and all of that jazz.

Hi Al. I wasn't gonna mess with this until after the Holidays. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow, right?

It's open site camping, so there should be no availability issues. What I envision is  having a number of "site captains". That person would procure the site and then split the fee with others. With the fee structure, this is how it must be done for everyone to avoid paying $60++/night. I'll get more active on this after the 1st. Iff'n somebody has a better way of doing this, feel free to chime in.

See a bunch of y'all over at Mike's on the 14th.

Allan, when I registered in the calendar I wrote in that I would share a site with you. Now we need a few more to share the site with us to get the cost down.

I'd prefer the NON-Sleep Apnea group if at all possible...  Though after a few
COG campouts I could probably sleep in a chainsaw test area.

I'll have my vacation picks confirmed by the end of the week... keeping fingers crossed!!

I'll put a group of us together from the Tampa Sport Bike forum; I suspect i can do 6 folks and send any applicable overflow over this way

Looks like we have Allan, Al and myself so far for one site. 
We need three more to get the cost waaaayyyy down (for Key's prices). 
SteveJ are you also with us?

I'm 99% sure I'll be attending. I'm leaving for FLA Wed. morning for 4 months. I'd like to become part of your sixsome if possible. I'll be in touch after I get there.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Great news Tom. We look forward to seeing and camping with you. Bet you're glad to be getting out of the cold/snow. We've been in a great run of sunny and warm days here in FL.    Al

SandShark said:
Looks like we have Allan, Al and myself so far for one site. 
We need three more to get the cost waaaayyyy down (for Key's prices). 
SteveJ are you also with us?

Can you fit my crazy ass?

Just arrived in sunny HOT FLA. What a difference from upstate NY. It was -9 2 days before I left with about 15 inches of snow on the ground. Anyway, I'm looking foreward to this camping trip.I'd like to hook up with 5 others to defray costs and have more money for beer.

Please keep me in mind.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Well, I guess things are rolling. In fairness to the "site leader" I think it only fair that if you pullout at the last minute, be prepared to pay up or find a fill in. I really don't see that as being much of an issue with our group, but think it's fair if it comes up.

Thoughts? Comments?

OK. I ave a group of three arriving Thurs afternoon, consisting of:

Myself
My lovely wife, Margie.
Steve Werner, aka Snake, aka Tall Steve

Looking for three more.

I'll update as that changes.

Please note, this deal is for tent camping only, in the "back 40". They may still have RVs for rent, starting at $172/night, IIRC.  :eek: :eek:

This should be a good time.

Thanks.

:-[ :)  Do we all need to register before hand or is one person enough to hold one sight for 6?      Looks like 7 has signed up.  Doug is bring a guess but that only counts for 6 tents, one sight right?  Doug do you tent camp?    I'm planning to be there Thur early afternoon.  :D  Anyone going to be there before me? :great:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
  :-[ :)  Do we all need to register before hand or is one person enough to hold one sight for 6?      Looks like 7 has signed up.  Doug is bring a guess but that only counts for 6 tents, one sight right?  Doug do you tent camp?    I'm planning to be there Thur early afternoon.  :D  Anyone going to be there before me? :great:
Alan(Santa  ;) ), one person registers, up to six people per site. The person registering should be the first one to arrive, or arrive as a group. There is an "official" limit of three tents per site, but the guy I talked to said as long as we are back in the back 40, that really will not be enforced. I assume that discretion will come in to play on this.

SteveJ next silly question is:  when i try to reserve a block for 6 people the price is significantly higher  compared to "2". 

Do I just reserve 2 and it'll be alright to have the other 4!?  Or will they throw us out and force us to hang out in Duval St. bars all night
lol8.gif

stevewfl said:
SteveJ next silly question is:  when i try to reserve a block for 6 people the price is significantly higher  compared to "2". 

Do I just reserve 2 and it'll be alright to have the other 4!?  Or will they throw us out and force us to hang out in Duval St. bars all night
lol8.gif
Each extra person over two is, what, $6 or $9 per head. Four more people would be $36, plus 12% +/- for tax, probably around $110/night, total.

That is, if they haven't raised their rates again.

I'll probably reserve for four, and add the rest when they show up. (maybe?? >:D )

SteveJ. said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Alan(Santa  ;) ), one person registers, up to six people per site. The person registering should be the first one to arrive, or arrive as a group. There is an "official" limit of three tents per site, but the guy I talked to said as long as we are back in the back 40, that really will not be enforced. I assume that discretion will come in to play on this.

::) ::)  I thought it was just stated that we are in the back 40 and it is not necessary to register in advance.  The first one there registers for the spot ($60  4  2 people + tax and what ever else they charge you for ) gets the spot and 4 more people are good for the location at $6.00 each.  Split the cost up when everyone fills on location.  After 6 people fill the slot it is a repeat for the next wave.  Being in the back 40 sounds like we get 6 on one spot.  If you want to pay for yourself and have more privacy it's your call. ;)    Now the question is ' WHO'S going to be the FIRST THERE TO SECURE THE SPOT FOR THE NEXT" 5 ?  Closest PIBLIX  :beerchug: :beerchug: looks to be about 12 miles away as far as I can tell.  Not sure on that. So if you have room you may want to get beverages before you get there. Ice will  be available there but at a premium cost I'm sure.    After all, you are CAPITIVE AUDIANCE in the KEY'S. :))        :allhail: :campfire: :singing: :06: :49:

Allan or Al, which one of you will be there earliest on Thursday.

Whichever one plans to be there first should make the reservation.

So far we have:
Al
Allan
Bill Whalen
Doug Rea "You in for sure, right"
Any more takers!

SteveJ. said:
I'm gonna make a call to the KOA to see if we can simplify things a bit.

I'll be talking with the asst manager tomorrow about a group per head rate, that should help a bunch.

SandShark said:
Allan or Al, which one of you will be there earliest on Thursday.

Whichever one plans to be there first should make the reservation.

So far we have:
Al
Allan
Bill Whalen
Doug Rea "You in for sure, right"
Any more takers!

I think I'm in with this group. Right?

Mike

:great:      Ya Mike, That's what we spoke about it at the Last Blast.  Billy and Iron Butt Al, Doug +1, a Steve or 2 or 3? and me  (Alan) .  That should make at least 6. :08: Not sure who else at this time.  I'm sure there will be more discussion at the Winter Rally in 14 more days and on this sight. :beerchug: ;).

Alrighty then.

Just talked to Kim at the KOA. The group rate is $13 per person per night. However, we need at least 21 people to get this rate. I doubt this will happen, even with help from the Tampa Bay Sport Bike Rider's Forum.

The new rate is $64/night for two people, $6 ea additional person up to six.

Myself, wifey and Snake(tall Steve) plan on arriving Thurs to hopefully secure a "prime" spot and leave on Sunday morning. Any volunteers to fill in extra positions?

One person will have to register and pay per group, and should be first to arrive, or call in a reservation. Again, this is open site camping, so the site is not reserved. The group does not have to arrive at the same time.

I did try to get a smaller group rate, no joy.

Booked!

I booked 4 of us from Tampa, if anyone wants to join and make it 6 we'll appreciate  :beerchug:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
:great:      Ya Mike, That's what we spoke about it at the Last Blast.  Billy and Iron Butt Al, Doug +1, a Steve or 2 or 3? and me  (Alan) .  That should make at least 6. :08: Not sure who else at this time.  I'm sure there will be more discussion at the Winter Rally in 14 more days and on this sight. :beerchug: ;).

:-\    :-\  Did I get this count right.  If i did we have 6, if not where did I go wrong.  Please confirm.  :great:      Stevewfl looks like he has 5 looking for one more.  Still time to make plans for this PARTY :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :campfire: :1rij: :49: :06: :singing:

mr t said:
Steve- Count me in with your group for sure. Talk to you Saturday.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

OK kewl, yell COG 9334 and you'll find me. Yelling "Steve" and almost everyone will reply
lol.gif

stevewfl said:
Booked!

I booked 4 of us from Tampa, if anyone wants to join and make it 6 we'll appreciate  :beerchug:

mr t said:

Tom Taylor COG#7173
And now the count is 5 ;) ;) ;)
You can count me in  as    #6 :great: ...... :beerchug: :beerchug:

:great:  :welcome:  8)  Looks like ( I think) we have 12 that have made the commitment. :) ;)  Room for LOTS more and still a month before it happens. :beerchug:     

Are you coming or  :104: ?  :rotflmao:  :nananana:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
:great:  :welcome:  8)  Looks like ( I think) we have 12 that have made the commitment. :) ;)  Room for LOTS more and still a month before it happens. :beerchug:     

Nine more and we qualify for the $13/night rate. I believe there are three  or four more coming from the Tampa Sport bike forum.

People on my list for arriving on Thurs, departing on Sunday, as of yesterday.

Tom Taylor
Ironbutt Al
Tall Steve
Myself
Wifey.

I think  I'm missing somebody?!?

Again, this is for Thurs arrival.

Alan_Yucius_FL said:

:( ::)          I thought IRON BUTT AL was w/our group?  That made us 6.  Now I'm down one. :mad: :mad:  Snake, :beerchug:  You in? :-X

SteveJ. said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:

Nine more and we qualify for the $13/night rate. I believe there are three  or four more coming from the Tampa Sport bike forum.

Tom Taylor
Ironbutt Al
Tall Steve
Myself
Wifey.

I will be arriving Thursday. :truce: :truce: :truce: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Roman said:
stevewfl said:
Booked!

mr t said:

Tom Taylor COG#7173
And now the count is 5 ;) ;) ;)
You can count me in  as    #6 :great: ...... :beerchug: :beerchug:

Right on but be advised my group won;t be there till Friday evening  :great:

;)  I'll be there on Thursday but not sure who else will be.  Who else is coming on Thursday?  Hope we can make the magic # of 6. :motonoises:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
;)  I'll be there on Thursday but not sure who else will be.  Who else is coming on Thursday?  Hope we can make the magic # of 6. :motonoises:

Alan, who is making the reservation in your group?

;D  Probably me on Thursday early afternoon, when I get there since Reservations are not needed being in the back 40.  Still waiting to hear who else will be there Thursday. Your coming on Friday so I see.  :great:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
  ;D  Probably me on Thursday early afternoon, when I get there since Reservations are not needed being in the back 40.  Still waiting to hear who else will be there Thursday. Your coming on Friday so I see.  :great:
I and those names with mine will be there Thurs-Sun.

:-X  Spoke to someone at the KOA today and was told 6 people on a sight does not mean 6 tents.  Now WHAT? :'(

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
:-X  Spoke to someone at the KOA today and was told 6 people on a sight does not mean 6 tents.  Now WHAT? :'(
Their "official" policy is two tents per site. I was told not to worry about it as long as we are in the back forty. I would not bring up that subject again, and not volunteer any information.

Hopefully, no suspicions were aroused.

SteveJ. said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Their "official" policy is two tents per site. I was told not to worry about it as long as we are in the back forty. I would not bring up that subject again, and not volunteer any information.

Hopefully, no suspicions were aroused.

Oh man that changes everything.  I wasn't expecting 3 to a tent.  wait you said not to worry on the back forty  :great:    :great:    :great: 

mr t said:

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Mr T, I just noticed you said "Saturday. As I mentioned, my group is getting in Friday.  Let's avoid a cluster, my boys will want to split with folks that will divide both nights.  If someone comes with cash as our 6th person Friday night, I can't turn them away.

SteveJ, can we maybe have a head count of groups as we near as to who all is coming and when for groups?  I know of one more coming in Friday night from Tampa Sport Bikes that that already pinged my other group members  :beerchug:

stevewfl said:
mr t said:

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Mr T, I just noticed you said "Saturday. As I mentioned, my group is getting in Friday.  Let's avoid a cluster, my boys will want to split with folks that will divide both nights.  If someone comes with cash as our 6th person Friday night, I can't turn them away.

SteveJ, can we maybe have a head count of groups as we near as to who all is coming and when for groups?  I know of one more coming in Friday night from Tampa Sport Bikes that that already pinged my other group members  :beerchug:
Steve, he meant he was gonna talk to me on Saturday, at Gator Joe's, which he did. He is coming down on Thurs.

Tom Taylor(Mr T)
Ironbutt Al
Tall Steve(Snake)
Myself(SteveJ)
Wifey.

Stevewfl- when I said I'd talk to you Saturday, I meant I'd speak to SteveJ at Gator Joes which I did. I'm definately going to be with SteveJ's group. I'm really sorry if this caused some confusion. See you in the Keys.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Steve, I plan to be there with 3 other riders---looks like 4  tents for us.  Is this going to be a problem or do we need 2 sites.  Looking forward to this and meeting other C10 folks.    Larry

Alrighty then. This KOA is getting to be really fun to deal with.

Please do NOT make reservations for this event with KOA. There will be a group rate for us, but it has to be under one reservation. This will be a very frugal rate, especially for the Keys..

I want to verify it over the next few days, to make sure I get the same answer. That has been an issue there.

BTW, there is no issue with the number tents, for groups.

We may have to  institute a deadline for notifying me of your intentions, meaning you would be on your own for camping arangements.(ouch!!!) if you miss the deadline.

What I'm looking at doing is getting a list together of people doing Thurs, Fri, and Sat and a list of folks just doing Fri and Sat, so please post up your intentions.

So far, I have for Thurs-Sat

Me
Tall Steve Werner(Snake)
Tom Taylor(mr t)
Al Norcross(IronbuttAl)
Alan Y
Bill Whalen(Sandshark)
Roman
Doug Re(douglasjre)
Doug, of the Florida Dougs

Fri-Sat

Steve W(Stevewfl) and
Teressa
Tampa Sport bike dude #1
Tampa Sport bike dude #2
Tampa Sport Bike Todd Bare
Larry Snell #1 (larstalk)
Larry Snell #2
Larry Snell #3
Larry Snell #4

Folks who have not indicated the number of nights, please post up your intentions. These folks so far are:

Mike L(Bugnut)
Randy Gardner(Handyman)

So far, 19. Not bad.

;D  Steve,  Count me in for Thur thru Sunday leaving Sunday AM hours after coffee. :great:  Unless you hear directly from the people that are coming I don't know if you can hold them accountable $$.  Your welcome :truce:

SteveJ. said:
Alrighty then. This KOA is getting to be really fun to deal with.

Me
Tall Steve Werner(Snake)
Tom Taylor(mr t)
Al Norcross(IronbuttAl)
Alan Y

Fri-Sat

Steve W(Stevewfl) and
Teressa
Tampa Sport bike dude #1
Tampa Sport bike dude #2
Larry Snell #2
Larry Snell #3
Larry Snell #4

Folks who have not indicated the number of nights, please post up your intentions. These folks so far are:

Mike L(Bugnut)
Bill Whalen(Sandshark)
Doug Re(douglasjre)
Doug Re guest
Roman

So far, 18. Not bad.

Roman will be there for THREE NIGHTS if the rates are VERY FRUGAL. ;) ;) ;) :great: :great: :beerchug:

IronButtAl said:
I remember Marty and Randy being interested in this ride.    Al

I am working out the finer details with my part time pillion. More to follow in short order.

Tentatively a Thursday arrival.

Randy

SteveJ:  Please consider another guest in my group for Fri. and Sat. night (# 5) named "Todd Bare".

In case I haven't mentioned it, THANKS for all your extra effort and work with the KOA!

Count me and my buddy in for arriving Thursday, departing Sun. His name is also Doug, of the Florida Dougs  :rotflmao:

Revised 1-9-14, 0600.

Me
Tall Steve Werner(Snake)
Tom Taylor(mr t)
Al Norcross(IronbuttAl)
Alan Y
Bill Whalen(Sandshark)
Roman
Doug Re(douglasjre)
Doug, of the Florida Dougs

Fri-Sat

Steve W(Stevewfl) and
Teressa
Tampa Sport bike dude #1
Tampa Sport bike dude #2
Tampa Sport Bike Todd Bare
Larry Snell #2
Larry Snell #3
Larry Snell #4

Mike L(Bugnut)
Randy Gardner(Handyman)

Lemme know if this is not correct.

It's looking like a real shindig.

Thanks.

Steve,

Unless something happens with my next consulting gig that I can't foresee yet, I'll be there sometime Friday, leaving early Sunday.

Mike

Bugnut said:
Steve,

Unless something happens with my next consulting gig that I can't foresee yet, I'll be there sometime Friday, leaving early Sunday.

Mike

On a KLR?  I owe you a decal, I'll bring it down if thats ok  :beerchug:

And don't forget about Alabama Jacks on Card Sound road on the way down, just for the atmosphere.  :great:

SCORE!!

Alrighty then. The per head rate is $14+tax. This all comes in under one reservation, which will be under "COG". This rate is good for a minimum of 10 people. If we come up a person or two short on Thurs night, the "official" line is we have ten people. We will just divvy up the number of people into $140, + tax.

You will not pay any camping fee to the camp ground, just tell them you are part of the COG group. You will be paying me.(please?  ;) )

Do not worry about the number of tents per site, they really don't care as our tents are mostly small and it is open site camping.

I hope to be there by about 3pm, even with a stop at Alabama Jack's on Card Sound Road on the way down. :great:

This will be a bit more frugal, and a whole lot easier than figuring out groups, thank (insert deity here).

Summing up: This has been a real adventure, dealing with this KOA. I've been given different answers on several occasions, but now it has been repeatable for getting consistent answers. That's it. Bring your happy face and have fun.

Also, they do have some beer, but selection is limited. Plan accordingly. They have a breakfast and coffee bar, so that's covered.

Thanks Steve. You did all of the heavy lifting on this one, which will now make it ease and cheap for all of us. Thanks for all of the effort. Looking forward to it.

WOW! Nice going Steve! This is superafforable now, not that it wasn't before. I'll try to make Alabama Jack's on the way down but it's going to be a long day anyhow. I never did get a T-shirt last time I was there.

Tom Taylor COG#7173