• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kamping in the Keys.

Steve you so rock!  :great:  :great:    :great:

I'm cancelling my reservation.  I also quoted you over on the tampasportbikes.com

SteveJ. said:
SCORE!!

Alrighty then. The per head rate is $14+tax. This all comes in under one reservation, which will be under "COG". This rate is good for a minimum of 10 people. If we come up a person or two short on Thurs night, the "official" line is we have ten people. We will just divvy up the number of people into $140, + tax.

You will not pay any camping fee to the camp ground, just tell them you are part of the COG group. You will be paying me.(please?  ;) )

Do not worry about the number of tents per site, they really don't care as our tents are mostly small and it is open site camping.

I hope to be there by about 3pm, even with a stop at Alabama Jack's on Card Sound Road on the way down. :great:

This will be a bit more frugal, and a whole lot easier than figuring out groups, thank (insert deity here).

Summing up: This has been a real adventure, dealing with this KKOA. I've been given different answers on several occasions, but now it has been repeatable for getting consistent answers. hat's it. Bring your happy face and have fun.

Also, they do have some beer, but selection is limited. Plan accordingly. They have a breakfast and coffee bar, so that's covered.

Good Job Steve.  Now  You take credit cards?    Which ones??

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
SteveJ. said:
SCORE!!

Alrighty then. The per head rate is $14+tax. This all comes in under one reservation, which will be under "COG". This rate is good for a minimum of 10 people. If we come up a person or two short on Thurs night, the "official" line is we have ten people. We will just divvy up the number of people into $140, + tax.

You will not pay any camping fee to the camp ground, just tell them you are part of the COG group. You will be paying me.(please?  ;) )

Do not worry about the number of tents per site, they really don't care as our tents are mostly small and it is open site camping.

I hope to be there by about 3pm, even with a stop at Alabama Jack's on Card Sound Road on the way down. :great:

This will be a bit more frugal, and a whole lot easier than figuring out groups, thank (insert deity here).

Summing up: This has been a real adventure, dealing with this KKOA. I've been given different answers on several occasions, but now it has been repeatable for getting consistent answers. hat's it. Bring your happy face and have fun.

Also, they do have some beer, but selection is limited. Plan accordingly. They have a breakfast and coffee bar, so that's covered.

Good Job Steve.  Now  You take credit cards?    Which ones??

I'll accept American currency  and PayPal as a gift.

stevewfl said:
Steve you so rock!  :great:  :great:    :great:

I'm cancelling my reservation.  I also quoted you over on the tampasportbikes.com

Thanks, and thanks, but to give credit where it is due, you got the ball rolling on this. So, thank you.

We appear to have nineteen folks attending, so far. In no way, shape, or form, did I expect this.  It' not exactly a centralized location. Lotsa folks will be going nearly or more than 400 miles to arrive, including some Tampa Sport Bike Folks. Let's give them a nice COG welcome.  :great: :beerchug:

Let's get down there and have some fun, Yee Haw!

SteveJ. said:
Oh you lucky warm people and your small tents!!  :'(

Camper Dave said:
SteveJ. said:
Oh you lucky warm people and your small tents!!  :'(
What do ya mean warm people, it got down in the 30's a coupla nights. We even had a wind chill advisory.

We did turn the A/C back on yesterday, though

Coming down for our little shindig? You could even visit your folks as long as you're in the neighborhood.  ;)

On a KLR?  I owe you a decal, I'll bring it down if thats ok  :beerchug:
[/quote]

Maybe, just maybe... >:D

And Steve J., thanks for getting it all ironed out!!  :beerchug: Can't wait for this one!

Mike

Bugnut said:
On a KLR?  I owe you a decal, I'll bring it down if thats ok  :beerchug:

Maybe, just maybe... >:D

And Steve J., thanks for getting it all ironed out!!  :beerchug: Can't wait for this one!

Mike
[/quote]

OMG thats the one I sold you?  Wow at that paint job and farkles!!!  Seems I recognize the ADV decal on the top left of the top box  :beerchug:

Okay, so if I am counting right (no alkeehaul at work) I am number 10 for the Thursday to Sunday group.

Maybe a +1, but that is still under review.

Revised 2-2-14.

So far, I have for Thurs-Sat

Me
Tall Steve Werner(Snake)
Tom Taylor(mr t)
Al Norcross(IronbuttAl)
Alan Y
Bill Whalen(Sandshark)
Roman
Doug Re(douglasjre)
Doug, of the Florida Dougs
Tampa Sport bike dude #1
Tampa Sport bike dude #2
Canadian Steve

Fri-Sat

Steve W(Stevewfl) and
Teressa
Phil
Tampa Sport Bike Todd Bare
Larry Snell #1 (larstalk)
Larry Snell #2
Larry Snell #3
Larry Snell #4
Mike L(Bugnut)
Jim J(Cuda)

Lemme know if this is not correct.

It's looking like a real shindig.

Thanks.

I'm in Jim J 239 272 5613 Fri -Sun .
I plan on leaving Naples fri morning  I'm right off interstate 75 ex 101 If your driving by let me know I'll join JJ.

No silly  tent ...  Cowboy  :sign0098:

Looks like I am out on this one. Work has me tasked heavily for that timeframe with no option for time off, at least not enough to make this trip with a rest between the out and the back.  :33:  :41:

:(    I got no hits on anyone coming down from NC, how about anyone coming out of GA to the KOA  Camp-out?  Looking for some 195 Everclear to make some  APPLE PIE SHINE. :) :beerchug:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
  :(    I got no hits on anyone coming down from NC, how about anyone coming out of GA to the KOA  Camp-out?  Looking for some 195 Everclear to make some  APPLE PIE SHINE. :) :beerchug:
Alan, I have the real deal from Tenn. Also some lemonaid, a little over a half jar of each. will try to  :86: Burp remember to pack them in bubble wrap  :beerchug:

Snake said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Alan, I have the real deal from Tenn. Also some lemonaid, a little over a half jar of each. will try to  :86: Burp remember to pack them in bubble wrap  :beerchug:

:great:    Steve , Thanks for that.  I would REALLY like to get some 195 proof EVERCLEAR that can be purchased in most ABC stores in Ga.    Have been making APPLE PIE shine but I have to use 151 EVERCLEAR because Fl. does not allow the sale of any alcohol over 151. :'(  See you when I see you. ;) :)

Weather is looking marvelous. Highs in the upper 70's, lows in the low 70's, dew points around 70. One small part of one day has a 20% change of rain, otherwise 10% through the weekend.

Of course, we are talking weather, things can change.

A couple of notes.

It sounds like some moonshine is coming down, Apple Pie and Lemonade, plus maybe more.  :great: :great:

When you arrive, please check in at the office.  Tell them you are with the COG group, with Steve Johnston as leader/site holder.  Do NOT get your own site unless you want to pay $64/night, +tax.  It is open site camping in the area we will be in. They will give you a tent pass and a vehicle pass. Please settle up with me at your earliest convenience. $14 + 12(?)% tax. Just under $16/night. I would also ask of you to please add $5 for firewood "donation" if you are not a COG member. Either I or Ironbutt Al should arrive mid afternoon, maybe earlier.  Look us up on where to pitch up. Or not. ;)

Steve \ Al,

How are you heading down? Mind if I tag along? I am, as of this minute, not at work and will be able to get out of Dodge anytime Thursday. Heck, bike is even packed right now!

Let me know.
Mike

Bugnut said:
Steve \ Al,

How are you heading down? Mind if I tag along? I am, as of this minute, not at work and will be able to get out of Dodge anytime Thursday. Heck, bike is even packed right now!

Let me know.
Mike
Mike. Tall Steve and I will be running the turdpike out of Whorelando to Yeehaw, then 441 so to Okeechobee, down the east side of the lake, hooking up with US 27. Taking that to Krome Ave to Homestead. Will take Card Sound road onto Key Largo, with a stop at Alabama Jack's for vittles and maybe one cold one.

We figure on departing at about 0500

SteveJ. said:
Weather is looking marvelous. Highs in the upper 70's, lows in the low 70's, dew points around 70. One small part of one day has a 20% change of rain, otherwise 10% through the weekend.

A couple of notes.

It sounds like some moonshine is coming down, Apple Pie and Lemonade, plus maybe more.  :great: :great:
When you arrive, please check in at the office.  Tell them you are with the COG group, with Steve Johnston as leader/site holder.  Do NOT get your own site unless you want to pay $64/night, +tax.  It is open site camping in the area we will be in. They will give you a tent pass and a vehicle pass. Please settle up with me at your earliest convenience. $14 + 12(?)% tax. Just under $16/night. I would also ask of you to please add $5 for firewood "donation" if you are not a COG member. Either I or Ironbutt Al should arrive mid afternoon, maybe earlier.  Look us up on where to pitch up. Or not. ;)

:confuse:  Steve, I would have to guess since we have to stop at the office to get the passes,  we pay for the camping directly to them?  ;)    I would like to use plastic. :)

Steve,

You expect to be in Yeehaw about 7 or so? I can meet you guys when you jump over to 441. If you expect earlier or later I can adjust.

Mike

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
SteveJ. said:

A couple of notes.

:confuse:  Steve, I would have to guess since we have to stop at the office to get the passes,  we pay for the camping directly to them?  ;)    I would like to use plastic. :)

Alan, the only way that you can use plastic to pay for this is to get your own site and pay the KOA. That will run you $64 +tax per nite. To re-emphasize, all are requested to pay me directly at your earliest convenience. Two methods of payment accepted, American cash and American currency. It should be just under $16/night w/tax. I will be charged by the KOA for each night that your tent pass is requested for. Again, check in at the office for a vehicle and a tent pass, then pay me for the number of nights.

I will get the exact amount from the campground upon arrival. Everyone's cooperation will be appreciated.

el-oh-el!  Is this chatter serious?

Tell you what - I lubs my AMEX (and the rewards program for employing it) tremendously. But taking into consideration you worked and negotiated an epic COG price, I'll bring paper and not deal with the 64 boners (per night!) at the end of the month  :beerchug:

Bugnut said:
Steve,

You expect to be in Yeehaw about 7 or so? I can meet you guys when you jump over to 441. If you expect earlier or later I can adjust.

Mike

Hey Mike. Figure on us at about 7:15. I'm giving Tall Steve a bit of a reprieve and not leaving until 0530. Meet at the Pilot stop? Grab a cup and they do have a Subway there for a bite for breakkie.

Another note, cuz I keep forgetting to mention it. The city of Key West has free parking for motorcycles in designated areas only. It is imperative that no part of your bike goes past the end line perpendicular to the curb. Otherwise, bring lots of quarters or plastic, depending on where ya park. I did get a ticket a few years ago, even though I had a receipt in the window of the tank bag. The meter "maid" didn't notice. I took the parking receipt and the ticket city hall and they voided it. Just an FYI.

SteveJ. said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
SteveJ. said:

A couple of notes.

Alan, the only way that you can use plastic to pay for this is to get your own site and pay the KOA. That will run you $64 +tax per nite. To re-emphasize, all are requested to pay me directly at your earliest convenience. Two methods of payment accepted, American cash and American currency. It should be just under $16/night w/tax. I will be charged by the KOA for each night that your tent pass is requested for. Again, check in at the office for a vehicle and a tent pass, then pay me for the number of nights.

I will get the exact amount from the campground upon arrival. Everyone's cooperation will be appreciated.

Thanks for that Steve.

SteveJ. said:
Bugnut said:
Steve,

Mike

Hey Mike. Figure on us at about 7:15. I'm giving Tall Steve a bit of a reprieve and not leaving until 0530. Meet at the Pilot stop? Grab a cup and they do have a Subway there for a bite for breakkie.

:great:

Mike

SandShark said:
Steve,

You have room for one more to meet at Yeehaw Junction?
Yup, that will make 5 at Yeehaw as Canadian Steve will be there also. Maybe room for one more...don't want too big of a gaggle headed down...or if there is enough interest, maybe two groups heading out.

I'm thinkin' we all gas up there so we are all full up on departure.

Revised 2-5-14.

So far, I have for Thurs-Sat

Me
Tall Steve Werner(Snake)
Tom Taylor(mr t)
Al Norcross(IronbuttAl)
Alan Y
Bill Whalen(Sandshark)
Roman
Doug Re(douglasjre)
Doug, of the Florida Dougs
Tampa Sport bike dude #1
Tampa Sport bike dude #2
Canadian Steve
Mike L(Bugnut)

Fri-Sat

Steve W(Stevewfl) and
Teressa
Phil
Tampa Sport Bike Todd Bare
Larry Snell #1 (larstalk)
Larry Snell #2
Larry Snell #3
Larry Snell #4

Jim J(Cuda)

Lemme know if this is not correct.

It's looking like a real shindig.

Thanks.

Late breaking update. There is public transportation to Key west, and Marathon for that matter. Looking at the schedule, it looks like it will take just short of 90 minutes to arrive in downtown KW, same with return. An option for those that want to do the Duval crawl. There is a stop at Mangrove Mama's for south bound, directly across the road from KOA.

The KOA also operates their own shuttle that leaves at 10 a.m. and returns at 6pm. Dunno if that 6 is departing from KW or arriving at the KOA.

The bus fare is $4 each way, old farts, 60 and up are $1.50. The fee for the KOA shuttle is $25 for round trip.

For those interested and arriving on Thurs, I and a few others plan on hitting Alabama Jack's on Card Sound Rd somewhere around 11-1130 for lunch. Do note, "Keys Time" may apply.

Guess I have this one figured out..........

The bus fare is $4 each way, old farts, 60 and up are $1.50. The fee for the KOA shuttle is $25.

:truce:  Al, I don't know if you have this right.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :D  I was wondering if the KOA is a party bus for $25 one way or all day unlimited trips or one round trip & do we pay you Steve (CASH, can I get a receipt?)  or the KOA and will they take credit cards?  :rotflmao: ::)  This is going to be FUN! ;)

Alan, for a new experience, go to the bank, get some cash, and leave your credit cards at home. You can do this buddy. I know you can.............

IronButtAl said:
Alan, for a new experience, go to the bank, get some cash, and leave your credit cards at home. You can do this buddy. I know you can.............
[/q[/size][/u][/i][/b]

LOL      :rotflmao: :great:

Weather is looking good:

1656271_10202255889017301_619117743_n.jpg

SiSF, pick up the white courtesy phone, please.

You are needed in the Keys this weekend. We only have four Steve-s, that I'm aware of.

We could use your help.

Thanks.

IronButtAl said:
Guess I have this one figured out..........
The bus fare is $4 each way, old farts, 60 and up are $1.50. The fee for the KOA shuttle is $25.

Shuttle is $25 or IT IS $25 PLUS TAX ??? :mad: :mad: :mad:
If I pay to KOA $25. do I have to TIP the bus driver too ??? ??? ??? ??? :'( :'( :'(

I hope Alan brings some CASH :great: :great: so that I will have someone to borrow from ;D ;D ;D

douglasjre said:
The drunk bus  :D

Can I ride down with you cool people?  :motonoises:

:great: :beerchug:    Doug you are ALWAYS.  Bring CASH and lots of it because every time I go to the BANK all I see is water,  fish and turtles.  Haven't been able to find that tree that my father use to ask me about " WHAT DO YOU THINK, MONEY GROWS ON A TREE"  :rotflmao: :beerchug: ;) :))

Steve,
Bruce from River Ranch here. Any chance to join up with this rowdy bunch headed for the Keys. Have never tent camped from my bike before, so had to do a trial fit. My gear is not the compact size needed for these things. Have cash and drink beer, so I thought it might work out. Would like to come across hwy 60 and meet your group at Yee Haw Junction. I know the Pilot station there.
Bruce

BruceB said:
Steve,
Bruce from River Ranch here. Any chance to join up with this rowdy bunch headed for the Keys. Have never tent camped from my bike before, so had to do a trial fit. My gear is not the compact size needed for these things. Have cash and drink beer, so I thought it might work out. Would like to come across hwy 60 and meet your group at Yee Haw Junction. I know the Pilot station there.
Bruce

One more will work. We plan on arriving at the Pilot dump at about 715, hopefully depart at 745 with a full gas tank and any required stimulants and nourishment.

Have cash and drink beer

It really doesn't get any better than that. I may have to borrow that for a sig line, if you do not mind.

douglasjre said:
Steve J what day is lunch at Dantes? I want to do this on the other day we r there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34cZM7rvRKA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

they publish discount coupons at all the local hotels for this. the whole day of water sports with breakfast lunch and drinks included for around a hundred bucks.  :) yes Alan they accept credit cards lol. what lunatic is with me? :-\

http://www.furycat.com/mobile/ultimate-adventure.php

Looks like a kick butt deal. I'm thinkin' Dantes on Saturday.

douglasjre said:
Steve J what day is lunch at Dantes? I want to do this on the other day we r there

they publish discount coupons at all the local hotels for this. the whole day of water sports with breakfast lunch and drinks included for around a hundred bucks.  :) yes Alan they accept credit cards lol. what lunatic is with me? :-\

This looks almost better than the sand dunes in Idaho. I'm in!!! Friday sounds really good if Saturday is Dante's.

Make it hap'n capt'n! :1rij: :sign0098:
Mike

Bugnut said:
douglasjre said:

This looks almost better than the sand dunes in Idaho. I'm in!!! Friday sounds really good if Saturday is Dante's.

Make it hap'n capt'n! :1rij: :sign0098:
Mike

Doncha just love it when it all comes together. I'm not participating, but sounds like a cool deal.

Thankya there, Florida Doug!

Bike is packed except for my kit and the cooler. 

Looks like no fog in the a.m., at least in this neck of the woods.

Weather looks good in Key West, and the ride back. I'm still bringing rain gear.

Don't forget the bug juice and sun screen. And swim suit for the hot tub.

And cash for the organizer of this herd.  ;)

thank you Steve we don't want to see you in your birthday suit lol :beerchug:

I want to call them the day before and make some reservations how many people want to do this on the boat on Friday? I realize many people won't get this message until I see them on Thursday and Thursday night I can make the call...can you guys spread the word on this?

douglasjre said:
thank you Steve we don't want to see you in your birthday suit lol :beerchug:

I want to call them the day before and make some reservations how many people want to do this on the boat on Friday? I realize many people won't get this message until I see them on Thursday and Thursday night I can make the call...can you guys spread the word on this?

Me for sure!

Rolling out.

Mike

I'm really jealous of you guys. Please get some pictures posted to increase my suffering. :41:

:sign0098: :bravo_2: 8) :c017: :1rij: :cheer: :party0036: :celebrate: :campfire: :singing: :49:    A job well done STEVE J.  Thanks for making it happen and a big thanks to all the people who came out to participate.  The  South East group  RULES  when it comes to CAMPING and PARTYING    :You_Rock_Emoticon:!!! :great: :beerchug: ;) :051bye:  Lets do it again somewhere else next month and the month after and the month after that and  etc, etc  etc. :great:

douglasjre said:
:campfire:
Good times!
Alan! Lol

DOUG  F---K    YOU      Phill tell him  PLEASE :rotflmao:

Left at 11:00 w/the Russian  and I stopped for the LOBSTER RUBEN    (VERY GOOD!).    Caught up w/Roman down the road in a traffic delay (2 hrs. +)  because of a fatality.  Two cars kissed drivers side fenders. To bad for the people in the cars.        Made it home safe and in good time once past HOMESTEAD FL. 

This turned out well. Thanks all for the cooperation on the fees and such.

I just made the $52 donation to the OTP fund with the left over money from additional conniving at the KOA office.  ;) ;)

We had some guests attend from the Tampa Bay Area Sport Bike Forum. It was a pleasure to meet and hang with Rico, David, Anthony, and Todd. We'll try to hook up again. Great folks.

I did like Rico's FEMA tent. Brought back memories of a certain FLA Steve in Suches.  >:D ;)

If someone were inclined to do a little write up of our adventures in the Keys for the newsletter and/or the Concourier, it would be appreciated.

Bugnut and Stevewfl, thanks in advance. I just know y'all will be posting up some awesome photos. I did see some that Florida Doug took from the club he was at, I'm pretty certain that they fail the decorum standards of this forum.

Later, SteveJ

Good times for the SECOG riders again. Thanks to SteveJ for doing this, and for taking care of all the details throughout the ride. I know the work involved.
On the OTP donation, it was good we could do that, but we're way behind on this effort. I encourage all SECOG members to contribute what and when they can. This great program really distinguishes COG from all of the other motorcycle clubs, and is a real feather in our COG hats. Here's a link to make it easy to add some money for our two German travelers to attend the 25th COG National Rally this June in TN. I just used the PayPal feature, and it's quick and easy to do. Please do what you can, and as often as you can.

https://www.memberize.net/clubportal/Fundraising.cfm?clubID=1328&campaignID=204

Mike,  I didn,t see the little guy with the pointed hat...... did you forget to bring him?  :-[  good work as allways  :great: