• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Last Blast #10

lrbuck

MR
How time flies......

Mark your calendar for December 29th for the 10th iteration of this end of year ride. Yes, it's a Saturday.

I'm looking for 70+ riders. Bring your friends.

More information to follow.

Larry....buddy, thanks for getting this up so quick. Jeez, we just talked a couple of days ago about this. U da man, and yes....time does fly by
Hugs & kisses      Al

Hi Jo, will be good to see you, we all miss you! Are we going to have a tax relieve next year? Steve

Appreciate that  & thanks Steve W!
I was just thinking about that!
Have not yet been to Cedar Key since I returned..but YES I will find somewhere to go that weekend!

:06:

Every year it has been..good food, great friends, wonderful time catching up on stories and almost always duper Florida weather.
Hey I said almost..the out of state crowd didn't really get warmer as they came south one year, shoot neither did we!

:rotflmao:

Saturday..... I'm out.    :mad:

I'm starting to think that's WHY rides are always on Saturdays....  :'(

If you tried to register and it didn't work, please do so now. The registration deadline date needed to be changed, and it now works OK. We could top 100 riders if everyone gets going and marks their calendar at home with the date.
I'll be emptying the SECOG budget for the year end on this, so you could go home with something very nice.          Al

IronButtAl said:
If you tried to register and it didn't work, please do so now. The registration deadline date needed to be changed, and it now works OK. We could top 100 riders if everyone gets going and marks their calendar at home with the date.
I'll be emptying the SECOG budget for the year end on this, so you could go home with something very nice.          Al
That's what budgets are for. :great:

I'll be there in spirit but I won't be in sunny Floriduh till the first week in January. Looking forward to it.

Brisk riding conditions in NY right now (50 to55) but still very nice.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
I'll be there in spirit but I won't be in sunny Floriduh till the first week in January. Looking forward to it.

Brisk riding conditions in NY right now (50 to55) but still very nice.

Tom Taylor COG#7173
Hey Tom.

Seein's how you can't sneak down a little early, keep this in mind.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,38437.msg220112.html#new

There are a few going so far, and I think that will build.

BTW, cold front hitting here tonight, getting down to 68. I'll probably have to fire up the grip heaters on the morning commute at 5 am.

See ya in Jan.

:beerchug:
                  :103:

Happy New Years!!!  bump

IronButtAl said:
Early registration numbers are encouraging, but we need more of a response to feel good about the work the Schmidt's are doing for this event.                Al
Uh, boss? Doesn't this go under the cookout post? :-X

It sure would be nice to ride down and warm myself up, but then there's the ride back into the cold.

Decissions ... decissions ....

Anyone else from the NC/SC area thinking about doing this?

John, and any other COG rider coming from a distance. You're welcome to lay over in Inverness at my house, and we've been known to have a little post ride party/fire. I'm due west of Titusville by 100 miles.      Al

IronButtAl said:
John, and any other COG rider coming from a distance. You're welcome to lay over in Inverness at my house, and we've been known to have a little post ride party/fire. I'm due east of Titusville by 100 miles.      Al
    :-\ 

IronButtAl said:
John, and any other COG rider coming from a distance. You're welcome to lay over in Inverness at my house, and we've been known to have a little post ride party/fire. I'm due east of Titusville by 100 miles.      Al

It must be a little humid around your place.  ;)

IronButtAl said:

If I do get to come down, I'll surely take you up on this!
Thanks!!!!!  :beerchug:

The Pope said:
IronButtAl said:

If I do get to come down, I'll surely take you up on this!
Thanks!!!!!  :beerchug:

You may want to head in a westerly direction from Titusville, just sayin".

The Pope said:
Anyone else from the NC/SC area thinking about doing this?

Bump!

Planning on installing a CC over Christmas. I hope that the install goes well, because if it doesn't, the likelyhood of be riding down goes out the window.  ???

:a035:

BUMP

IronButtAl said:
John, and any other COG rider coming from a distance. You're welcome to lay over in Inverness at my house, and we've been known to have a little post ride party/fire. I'm due west of Titusville by 100 miles.      Al

If I get the CC installed and working properly (can't order it until Dec. 14th) ........  >:D  would me showing up on the 27th be an issue?

Also .... I'll ask again...... Anyone else in NC/SC going down?

No problem on my end, Another long haul guy in the name of Jack McVickers will be over with his new
2012 C14 also. Keep in touch and PM me as the time nears.      Al

IronButtAl said:
No problem on my end, Another long haul guy in the name of Jack McVickers will be over with his new
2012 C14 also. Keep in touch and PM me as the time nears.      Al
It's a long way to Titassville from here, maybe I should swing by and take a break on the way home.  :)) :)) :)) :motonoises: :beerchug:

Larry and a bunch use to head back here for a little fire and fire water. may be a good thing to start back up. Air mattress city....here I come.      Al

:You_Rock_Emoticon: Larry.. for getting this event up and going for now 10 years..congrats!!!!

Stay tuned for further info from the SEAD              :beer:

Through a deal with Fred Harmon, and with some money left over from the SECOG 2012 budget, we are now in possesion of six sets of the C14 maintenance DVDs. Depending on the number of riders at the Last Blast, we will be giving away at least one, and possibly two of these DVD sets to riders in attendance. We'll also be rewarding some lucky riders with BikeBandit gift cards in the amounts of $50.00 & $100.00. All of this will be given as a consolation to the 50/50 raffle drawing, so make sure you get your tickets from Jo Poole. This means there will be lots of riders going home with some nice prizes, not the least of which will be the financial freedom of winning the 50/50 grand prize. That will likely be hundreds of $$$'s this year.        Al.

Swag. Yeah, that's what we need. Everybody needs some swag......but 'ya got to be there to get it.

Nice going Kemosabe.

Is there a door prize for the rider that traveled the longest distance to get there?  :hum:
If not, It might help to have one.  >:D

Just saying.  :)
As it could be help in the decision process of whether they attend or not.  ;)  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

wahrsuul said:
Where exactly is this taking place?

On the COG SE Calendar

Event: The Last Blast Year End RTE cog Members: Free
Where: Dixie Crossroads Restaurant Guests: Free
Address: 1475 Garden St. Titusville , FL Meeting Place: At Event Location
Location Website: Link Meeting Address: Same as Event Location
Meet Loc Website: n/a Meeting Time: 10:30 AM
Location Phone: 321-268-5000 Parking Cost: $0.00
Start Date-Time: 12/29/2012 - 10:30 AM Reg. Deadline: 12/28/2012
* End Date-Time: 12/29/2012 - 1:30 PM PrePay Required: No

The Pope said:
Is there a door prize for the rider that traveled the longest distance to get there?  :hum:
If not, It might help to have one.  >:D

Just saying.  :)
As it could be help in the decision process of whether they attend or not.  ;)  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Why would you need any more incentive than to meet up with anywhere from 3-6 Florida Steve-s?
Not to mention the really good seafood this place has, we would even let you buy all of the Steve's lunch. How can you ask for any more than that? >:D

SteveJ. said:
Why would you need any more incentive than to meet up with anywhere from 3-6 Florida Steve-s?
Not to mention the really good seafood this place has, we would even let you buy all of the Steve's lunch. How can you ask for any more than that? >:D

I already know too many "Steve's".  :)) Granted they aren't Florids Steve-s!  :)  Now how many of you can say that they have met "The Pope"?  ;)

wahrsuul said:
Hmmm, Titusville might be a bit far to go, especially for seafood.

Let me see...... you have in your profile that you're in Central S.C..... hummmm..... If you're wanting to do this as a day trip, then yes, I see your point. If I get to go (central N.C.), I'll ride down the day before and then ride back the day after.  :motonoises:

I already know too many "Steve's".  :))

That's like having too much money or too many beers in the fridge. :great: :beerchug:

Granted they aren't Florids Steve-s!  :)

I'm not sure that they count then. :rotflmao:

Now how many of you can say that they have met "The Pope"?  ;)

I saw someone that claimed to be the Pope at Vatican Square. Obviously an imposter as it appears The Pope is alive and well in Cackalacky.  :great: >:D ;)

OK SECOG riders, we're looking forward to seeing you at the Last Blast in two week. Have a feeling that we just might make that magical 100 number. Food, fellowship, prizes and rewards. Come one, come all.  Al

Hundreds of riders going, with a chance to mingle with the best riders in the country. Thousands of dollars worth of prizes given, with a chance to win a Toyota Truck, and a  weeks vacation in Bocca Raton with Larry Buck all expenses included. You'll want to be there.        Al

some of the above statements may or may not be true

IronButtAl said:
Hundreds of riders going, with a chance to mingle with the best riders in the country. Thousands of dollars worth of prizes given, with a chance to win a Toyota Truck, and a  weeks vacation in Bocca Raton with Larry Buck all expenses included. You'll want to be there.        Al

some of the above statements may or may not be true

chuckle chuckle snort

You don't have to worry about registration on this one much. We'll have 1/3 or 1/4 rider registration, but the whole place will be ours. If you get the chance to come and you haven't registered, do not worry, just come anyway. A lot of rides wait to see what the day brings regards weather, or any last minute commitments that might get in the way. We all play the game and understand, so don't feel bad or worry about it.
Hope to see you there.        Al

Looking forward to seeing all of ya'll next week!! With some luck my girl will be sporting a new farkle or two if Santa is kind. (please, oh please let him show up with the tip-over bars)

LOVE the rock shrimp there...and the powdered-sugar-hush-puppy things.....(drool)

Till then, Merry Christmas Coggers!  :a035:

Well it looks like my planned ride to N Ga is going to get cancelled with predictions of high 43 low 19, it looks like I will be heading south if those temps hold.

I know, y'all were waiting with baited breath as to whether I would come again this year  :nananana:

Stay tuned for further updates  :motonoises:

Eddie-FL said:
Jerry, just remember the turn into the parking lot can sneak up on you!  :-\

It sneaked up on more than a couple people  :-\ 
Maybe there might be some traffic control assistance, that's a bad setup for someone approaching from the west, not being familiar with the area and layout.

Eddie-FL said:
Jerry, just remember the turn into the parking lot can sneak up on you!  :-\

Hope you can make it!!

That is for sure, sorry my riding buddy was a little close to me.  :-[  I have it listed on my GPS now, should not be a problem this year.

The Crossroads-meister is planning to leave Boca Raton around 6:30AM on the 29th. Picking up 2, C-14 riders in Boynton Beach @7:00AM at the Race Trac, just off I-95.

Anyone want to join up north of here, let me know.

Jerry - I've ordered our usual weather from you know who. Hopefully he heard me.........  Hope you can make it.

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Jerry - I've ordered our usual weather from you know who. Hopefully he heard me.........  Hope you can make it.

Thanks, Larry, from the forecast still for N GA, I will see y'all there.  I have only missed one and that was due to diverticulitus, and that has been corrected  :great:

The Pope said:
Planning on installing a CC over Christmas. I hope that the install goes well, because if it doesn't, the likelyhood of be riding down goes out the window.  ???

:mad: It's not looking good. Going to go thru all of the connections again tomorrow. I'll get it fixed, but it may not be in time for me to make it down for the bash.

NAME TAGS,  That's a great idea!!!    This will take the edge off all the new comers and they will know who the other people are just by looking at them..  Stick ons would work and a sharpie.          Anyone taking the ride from S. of Delray Beach Fl?      I'm in Ft Lauderdale Fl  and still  looking for ANY members to ride to the "LAST BLAST" with on Saturday morning.      Call me  954-486-7305 :mad:  :'(

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
NAME TAGS,  That's a great idea!!!    This will take the edge off all the new comers and they will know who the other people are just by looking at them..  Stick ons would work and a sharpie.          Anyone taking the ride from S. of Delray Beach Fl?      I'm in Ft Lauderdale Fl  and still  looking for ANY members to ride to the "LAST BLAST" with on Saturday morning.      Call me  954-486-7305 :mad:  :'(
Be at the Racetrac at Woolbright Rd just west of I-95 @ 7AM or ride by yourself!!  ;)

Dave and I will be at the Racetrack off of 95 at Exit 156 (CR512 Fellsmere/Sebastian) from 9:15 to 9:30 waiting on Coggers coming through.

If we don't see anybody by 9:30, we'll mosey on up ourselves.  :motonoises:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Do you know if Larry's group is going to hook up w/yours?  Thanks :great:

Was that directed at me? If so, I have no idea. I haven't spoke/typed/texted at anyone particular. Just figured I'd put that out there and any groups who happen to be passing by can hook up with us if'en they wanna.  :great:

I'd like to get to the Crossroads around 10:45 or so. We can check you out at the Felsmere exit if we are still in your time window. Don't wait if we are late. Any chance you have CB radio(s).

Of course. All rides I run utilize name tags. Don't forget to introduce yourselves to the newbies. You were on once too.

Ken Ford posted this on the micapeak listserver.

The polk co. bunch are meeting at DK Donuts in Lake Alfred at 7:30 ready to
ride.  Come earlier if you want a donut.

Mount up!

Larry_Buck_FL said:
I'd like to get to the Crossroads around 10:45 or so. We can check you out at the Felsmere exit if we are still in your time window. Don't wait if we are late. Any chance you have CB radio(s).
                          Larry,    I have  No CB.      ALAN

I use Midland bluetooth communicators... I have a CB hookup for it, too, but never used it. When I lead or tail with the group, I usually have someone with the same setup and communication is crystal clear like talking on a phone.

Anyone showing up even earlier for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel next door?  I think I may get there around 6:15 and put some food in my belly before we go.

My cell: 561-248-6974.

Ride Safe everyone!
Mark

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Ken Ford posted this on the micapeak listserver.

The polk co. bunch are meeting at DK Donuts in Lake Alfred at 7:30 ready to
ride.  Come earlier if you want a donut.

Mount up!
I am in Polk county(polk/osceola Line)  in Solivita...  which way is the Polk group going????

Mark,

I'll see you at the Cracker Barrel at 6:15.  Wheels up @7:00 AM.

Mapsource says we may be early for the other riders @Sebastian exit. I'd like to get to Dixie around 10:30ish.
I need the smooshing time.......

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Patti,

I don't see a Race Track at the CR-156 exit. Is it a BP?

Whoops! It's a Raceway, not Racetrack. It's just east of 95 on south side of CR 512 next to McDonalds. The BP is on the north side.

If you guys want us to be there earlier, I am ok with that. According to my calculations the Sebastian/Fellsmere exit is just about an hour from Dixie Crossroads, so I figured kickstands up at 9:30 to be there for 10:30.

Oh, and no CBs here.

For all of you COG ride vets, please try to remember to bring your ID neck tag with you. Makes for less congestion for those that need to write one at the RTE.    Al

Hi... this is JP from Miami. I will meet you guys by Fellsmore... excited with my first ride with COG...

I'll be heading out of Valdosta around 6:30 heading towards Jacksonville. Should be where 295 merges with 95 around 8:45 or so.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Damn you guys  :truce: I just set my alarm for 4:30 so I can be at the Cracker Barrel by 6:15  :great: C-YA there!

Iceman said:
Damn you guys  :truce: I just set my alarm for 4:30 so I can be at the Cracker Barrel by 6:15  :great: C-YA there!
              4:30  where are you coming from?  :rotflmao: I hope your are bringing your wife and this is why your allowing so much time to get ready. :great:

OK - here we go.

1st stop - Race Trac on Woobright - 6:15ish
                Lv. Cracker Barrel - 6:55ish
2nd stop - Rest Area just North of Orange Av (Ft. Pierce) P/U Phil Morales, Red C-10, 8:15ish
3rd stop - Race Way, CR-512 - 8:45ish P/U Patti and others - we'll wait a few minutes, then go.
Last Stop - Dixie Crossroads.  Whew!

Just a note about group riding.  Ride staggered, allow enough space so cars can pass and merge between riders.

My road speed - 70-75ish. If you want to ride faster, I'll see you at the restaurant.

Ride safe......and well.