• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Last Blast #10

WOW. I just learned that Steve Sefsick has donated a FULL carb service for some lucky C10 owner. This is a $375.00 value that some lucky rider will win. We also have about $500.00 more worth of prizes to give away, but the only way you will be entered is to buy 50/50 raffle tickets, as these prizes will be given out to ticket holders only. See Jo Poole or Joni Yeargan for tickets, and buy as many or as few that you want.
Let's hope we get a break with the weather, but I know all of the SE riders are tough, and won't chance missing this for anything. See you there. I'm dragging along one tough bugger from TN in the name of Jack McVickers, TN/AAD.      Al

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Iceman said:
Damn you guys  :truce: I just set my alarm for 4:30 so I can be at the Cracker Barrel by 6:15  :great: C-YA there!
              4:30  where are you coming from?  :rotflmao: I hope your are bringing your wife and this is why your allowing so much time to get ready. :great:
I am coming from Coral Springs and plan on leaving at 5:30 so this gives me an hour to get my s#%t together before leaving. If I was bringing the wife SHE would have to set HER alarm for somewhere around 1:00 AM!!!  :))

OK, so we meet first at Racetrac, then we go grab a bite at the Cracker Barrel?  Sounds good.

Depending on what time we finish, I may drop off the group for the ride back - I'd like to try and visit my mom in Pt. St. Lucie.  We'll see - I really have no set schedule, but I didn't want anyone to take it personally if I don't ride back as a group.  ;)

BRING YOUR RAIN GEAR!  Looks like we will get rained on in the AM on the way up.

Iceman said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Iceman said:
Damn you guys  :truce: I just set my alarm for 4:30 so I can be at the Cracker Barrel by 6:15  :great: C-YA there!
              4:30  where are you coming from?  :rotflmao: I hope your are bringing your wife and this is why your allowing so much time to get ready. :great:
I am coming from Coral Springs and plan on leaving at 5:30 so this gives me an hour to get my s#%t together before leaving. If I was bringing the wife SHE would have to set HER alarm for somewhere around 1:00 AM!!!  :))

4:30???  Ouch. 

RideBellChain said:
OK, so we meet first at Racetrac, then we go grab a bite at the Cracker Barrel?  Sounds good.

Depending on what time we finish, I may drop off the group for the ride back - I'd like to try and visit my mom in Pt. St. Lucie.  We'll see - I really have no set schedule, but I didn't want anyone to take it personally if I don't ride back as a group.  ;)

BRING YOUR RAIN GEAR!  Looks like we will get rained on in the AM on the way up.
What is this "rain gear" you speak of?

We are picking up an old friend of mine on the way up. He lives in Pt. St. Lucie and might be company on the way back. His name is Phil Morales. Make sure you talk to him about the ride back.

Rain! Connie riders are all-weather riders....

yup, rain between 1pm and 4pm..  A  cold front is moving through. I may stay late for mid afternoon coffee.
front_zps8a5f3506.jpg

Made it home safely.  Thanks to LARRY and the rest of the COG team for a very nice event!  It's sure nice to put the names and faces together.

I was the lucky winner of the $100 Bike Bandit card - thanks!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Happy New Year, and everyone stay happy and healthy all year long!

Ride Safe!
Mark "RideBell" Turkel
mark@PalmBeachSoftware.com - http://www.RideBellChain.com, http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com

I too had a safe trip home.    I thought there was going to 80/100 people attending,  what Happened?  :'(  Al, had almost more people at his  house last month for the camp-out and fun weekend in Nov..  :great:    I hope more will make to the Florida City Hostel outing  in Feb. :rotflmao:  Be SAFE & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL  :beerchug: 
                    Alan in Ft Lauderdale.      I did meet 3 C-14 members from South of Boynton Beach Fl. :motonoises:  And I thought I was the ONLY one this far SOUTH :) Now I know there is 2 others :motonoises:

What a BLAST! Good bye 2012 and bring on 2013. Hope everyone made it home safely and hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and safe New Year.

LARRY: :You_Rock_Emoticon:
you did it again..put together another good end of the year event.

Yea, ok, so there was some rain..not that bad and we rode in and out of it..
Yes there were fewer people than expected..guessing due to the weather forecast

But there was plenty of sunshine to ride home in
AND lots of great people to celebrate The Last Blast with!!

Thanks to the AD Al for his selection of prizes, he made some people very happy.

Finally got home safely!!!

Larry,

Thanks for the nice event.. and sorry about your bike... I hope you can fix it properly...

Thanks all of you for the great welcome to the COG... Me and my daughter were very fun and we are thankful for your kind hospitality. I felt like I knew you for long time.

Anytime in Miami, please contact me... I will prepare something for Florida City for sure...

Have a Happy New Year

Juan

I'm glad to hear that those who attended had a good time.

I had plans to attend, but tge flu took hold on me Christmas day.  :mad: and I'm still not fully over it. I'll get down there soon.

For next years bash I'll try to be there and bring some of the other NC gang. >:D

Hear ya Pope.... missed my first COG event after Santa brought me the stuffed head stuff. Glad the rain moved on quickly and everybody had a dry ride home. Maybe we'll check out the Keys in Feb. and get to make some new friends.

The Blast was a BLAST !!!  :great:

Larry,
Thanks so much for putting this together, we all appreciate it.

Had a great time and it was great meeting everyone. !!  ;D

HaPpY NeW yEaR everyone !!

GT

Sorry I missed it . it was pouring when I was ready  to leave  and other family stuff was going on..  so  hopefully next one... ;)

Glad everyone got home O.K. Thanks for the kind words, it's always fun for me to plan these events.  As usual, the weatherman smiled on us; just took 'til about 11AM for him to make up his mind.

As far as the bike is concerned. Yikes! Brother Ayres' fiche says about $1750.00 for parts. I have a $250 deductable, but the girl is old and we may have to ****er. Lesson: Watch how you park!  Sigh...........

See y'all in the Keys....

Woke up yesterday with a migraine and it was raining. Had to pull the plug and stay home. I know it was great and thanks to Larry and Al for running the event. I tried to call, but my phone was acting up. Hope to see everyone soon.

I woke up at 5am to rain and cold, looked at the forecast and wimped out  :( rolled over and snuggled up to momma  :)

Thanks Larry for hosting the RTE, and sounds like the attendees had a great time as usual.  See y'all down the road.  :great:

Another good day with SECOG. Crazy day for FL weather though. Left the house in St Petersburg to rain and fog. Got to Winterhaven to meet with Doug Re, Ken Ford and a few others and it was warming up. By the time we hit Titusville it was clearing and near 70. Rode back later that afternoon and had to dig out my jacket liner, winter gloves and balaclava because it had dipped into the 40's before I crossed the bay. Wouldn't have missed it though. Many thanks to Larry Buck and Co. for putting this together!

Good seeing everyone. Our prize winners were;
Mark Turkel  going home with a $100.00 BikeBandit gift card
Steve Warner won the Fred Harmon C14 maintenance DVD set ( $89.00 )
Jaun Alviz got a $50.00 BikeBandit gift card.
Herb James was the big winner, going home with the raffle 50/50 split to the tune of $144.00 ...and, Steve Sefsick's full monty carb rebuild service valued at
$375.00. Thanks Steve, for all you do for us in the SE, and everywhere else.
The weather kept a lot of riders away, but we still had 44 happy and hardy riders there. Thanks to Larry Buck and to everyone attending for your support.
Healthy & Happy New Year to everyone in SECOG.    Al

Left TN 30 degrees and snowing.  When I got to FL it was 71.  When I left FL it was 36.  When I got home it was 39.  I beat the winter storm home...tonight it really going to be cold.  Had a wonderful time.  Al and Nancy were very gracious to share their home with me.  And it does rain in FL  Had a great time.  Thank's Larry for a great ride and a great end to 2012.  It was great seeing everyone again and I wish everyone a prosperous and happy NEW YEAR!

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Glad everyone got home O.K. Thanks for the kind words, it's always fun for me to plan these events.  As usual, the weatherman smiled on us; just took 'til about 11AM for him to make up his mind.

As far as the bike is concerned. Yikes! Brother Ayres' fiche says about $1750.00 for parts. I have a $250 deductable, but the girl is old and we may have to ****er. Lesson: Watch how you park!  Sigh...........

See y'all in the Keys....

Could it be time to pass her on to someone that wants to wrench?  Is there a shiny new C14 in your sights????  I know (hope) Sam will do you right...walked out with mine for about 15K out the door, with all the "extras" - service, ext. warranty, etc..

ltmcvickers said:
Left TN 30 degrees and snowing.  When I got to FL it was 71.  When I left FL it was 36.  When I got home it was 39.  I beat the winter storm home...tonight it really going to be cold.  Had a wonderful time.  Al and Nancy were very gracious to share their home with me.  And it does rain in FL  Had a great time.  Thank's Larry for a great ride and a great end to 2012.  It was great seeing everyone again and I wish everyone a prosperous and happy NEW YEAR!
[/quotre]

Way to represent, Jack! Glad you had a safe trip.

Prologue......

My friendly Progressive adjuster came this AM.  My '95 Connie is now considered a "Vintage Motorcycle"!

About 45 minutes later I had a check for $1,200 in my sweating hand. That should fix it up just fine. Who says you have to fight tooth & nail with adjusters. This guy knew his stuff, and really wanted to see the bike get back to full appearance. Great service. Perps to Progressive.

You guys that couldn't make it (wimped out?) are hereby commanded to make the RE-Escape in February. Seriously, we missed you and hope to see you next year.

Happy New Year everyone!

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Prologue......

My friendly Progressive adjuster came this AM.  My '95 Connie is now considered a "Vintage Motorcycle"!

About 45 minutes later I had a check for $1,200 in my sweating hand. That should fix it up just fine. Who says you have to fight tooth & nail with adjusters. This guy knew his stuff, and really wanted to see the bike get back to full appearance. Great service. Perps to Progressive.

You guys that couldn't make it (wimped out?) are hereby commanded to make the RE-Escape in February. Seriously, we missed you and hope to see you next year.

Happy New Year everyone!
8)

Eddie-FL said:
Larry_Buck_FL said:
Prologue......

Happy New Year everyone!
8)

Yes, quite cool  48o in the sun!  Would love to partake of some Florida winter!

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Prologue......

Happy New Year everyone!
I've also had good luck with Progressive. About six months ago I hit a racoon, busted the bottom and one side fairing piece. I had a check in hand less than 48 hours from initial contact with them. Cool

I've got the group photo of our ride, but don't have a web account that ( I think ) is needed to post here. Can I send that photo to someone that can get it up. You all know how I suck at something like this. Dumb phone/dumb user should be my online name. Any can help here?      Al

Missed you today, Iceman...it was a nice ride for Ron...raised about $1200 for him!  He was able to come by car, and was very moved at the turnout (about 45 people).

IronButtAl said:
I've got the group photo of our ride, but don't have a web account that ( I think ) is needed to post here. Can I send that photo to someone that can get it up. You all know how I suck at something like this. Dumb phone/dumb user should be my online name. Any can help here?      Al

Al, send it to me, I will get it posted up from my pbase account

cognosticator at yahoo dot com

Now, if I can just figure out who gave me the set of horns. Vic, was that you?
Pretty motley group.
SteveJ, I wouldn't bend over in front of THAT guy.   
Thanks Eddie, you'll have to show me how you did that sometime.    Al

IronButtAl said:
Now, if I can just figure out who gave me the set of horns. Vic, was that you?
Pretty motley group.
SteveJ, I wouldn't bend over in front of THAT guy.   
Thanks Eddie, you'll have to show me how you did that sometime.    Al
  :D That's it, the game is on. Your payback is at Sleepy Hollow.  :nananana:

Iceman,

I hope you can understand the delay in the CDA process.....  :mad:    I'll get around to it. Thanks for reminding me.

Larry_Buck_FL said:
Iceman,

I hope you can understand the delay in the CDA process.....  :mad:    I'll get around to it. Thanks for reminding me.

Sooooooo, whats the back story even?  :eek: 
All we see'z is sorry bout the mishap, don't know how to park, was it another toll booth??    :))  ,,,,whatz uuuuup, we gotta know .......

Victor Salisbury said:
Larry_Buck_FL said:
Iceman,

Sooooooo, whats the back story even?  :eek: 
All we see'z is sorry bout the mishap, don't know how to park, was it another toll booth??    :))  ,,,,whatz uuuuup, we gotta know .......
Strong gust of wind just took the poor C10 with it!  ???

Iceman said:
Are you suggesting we would LIE about these things?  :-\

:-X  I guess you were like I was there :rotflmao:      We all make mistakes. :-[    Made me move my bike off the crown. :nananana:  Glad you had insurance$$  Sea U in Fl City :great:

I saw it happen, just couldn't get to the bike fast enough to stop it.  A strong wind gust caught it, and it was parked on a bit of an incline, which had it standing up at 90*...

Now I make sure my bike is always at the correct angle, even if I have to turn it around to make sure the kickstand side sits significantly lowered.

FYI - bumped into Larry a few weeks ago, and his bike looks like a brand new C10... I told him I though that was his "cue" to upgrade to a C14, but he loves that machine!  :)