• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

October Arkansas Rally at Jacks

Fred H.

So you missed the National? Or maybe you just didn't get enough of Arkansas?

Well, here is your chance. Back due to popular demand.

I have set up the hotel arrangements for the COG rally at Jack's Fishing Resort in October.

The dates are October 19th, 20th, and 21st. The room rates are $74 a night for a standard room and $79 for a room with a kitchen. They also have camping and RV facilities. Be sure to mention COG when you book your room to get this rate. First come first serve. I had to pick this date due to the "Bean Fest" going on the following weekend in Mountain View which has them booked up solid. I'd highly suggest making your reservations early to insure you get a room. You won't be charged for your room until you actually arrive, so you can always cancel your reservation later if you change your mind, but if you wait too long, I suspect you'll find it will be all full. We did fill it up last year.

I'll see if I can find some alternate lodging and post that info when I get it.

The phone number for Jack's is 870-585-2211 Their web site address is http://www.jacksresort.com/

As usual, this will be a pretty informal ride. They have a very good catfish restaurant on site and they are located very near the intersection of hwys 9, 14, and 5 a few miles north of Mountain View right on the White River. You can even spend a day fishing if you don't feel like riding.

So if you missed the national, or spent most of your time working there, here is your chance to get out and enjoy the roads of Arkansas during the color change of the leaves.  Hope to see y'all there.

image546.jpg

BigJoeVA68 said:
10 hours...hmmm...

Go on and make the reservation....sheesh........I guess we could send one on an engraved iridium plate. :nananana:

Glad you got the VStrom Joe...GOOD CHOICE! :motonoises:

greenman

I added the following notes to the Calendar entry, and wanted to post them on here as well.

Other Nearby Restuarants

Anglers Restuarant  - Intersection of Ark. 5, 9 &14

Codys Family Ranch
6478 Highway 14
Fifty Six, AR 72533-951
870-757-2270

Additional Lodging Info

In case Jacks fills up and you can't get a room, there is nearby lodging at  the following sites:

Sylamore Creek Camp  http://www.sylamorecreek.com/ (877-875-4223)

Holiday Mountain Resort  http://www.holidaymtnresort.com/  (800-395-7108)

Anglers Restauraunt  (870-585-2226)

There are also lots of hotels in Mountain View.

Nearby Liquor Stores

Jack's is located in a dry county, but there are two liquor stores that aren't too far away. The closest one is Blanchard's Liqour which is about 8 miles west of Jacks on hwy 14 in a small mobile home on the north side of the road, just before you get to hwy 341. The second one is a bit further down in Big Flat.

Tech Session

If time allows, I may do a very short and informal tech session on site one evening after riding.  It may be something as simple as how to set your tire pressures, or something as complex as how to split the cases on a broken down Triumph (we won't mention who's).

Fun Stuff to Do

Blanchards Caverns is just a few miles down the road on hwy 14 and I'm told it really is worthwhile stopping to see. I also typically like to swing north one day and ride through Bull Shoals and eat lunch at Gastons on the river down behind the dam. It's a really great restuarunt and is worth the trip. Push Mountain Road and Hwy 9 are also real crowd pleasers.

Warnings

During the National, I ran into a local sheriff patroling Push Mountain road, so be advised, they are starting to watch it more.

If you are riding with a group, remember to keep twice the amount of space you think you need between you and the bike in front of you. This helps insure everyones safety when traveling in a group. I also would advise not to have any more than 4 bikes in any one group. I hope everyone has fun, and please ride safe

I booked my room but there is a good chance I will have to give it up and stay in Austin for Leslie's first grand baby.  It is due that weekend.

smithr-scad said:
I booked my room but there is a good chance I will have to give it up and stay in Austin for Leslie's first grand baby.  It is due that weekend.

Bob,
  Let me know if you can't make it and I may take the room off your hands.

If you tried to register for this event on the COG calendar and were unable to, it's because we had the registration deadline set for last year. The problem has been corrected and you should be able to register now.

I am bummed - I'm speaking at a conference in Chicago that Friday afternoon. Good from a business sense, bad for the motorcycling to Arkansas front. Work is always getting in the way......................

We (The ZRXOA) will be In Eureka that weekend.  See you guys out on the road!

A side note, the ZRX spring rally is now gonna be held a Jack's, we tried it out this year, and it was a big success.

I'll try and make it as I only live about 30 miles from Jack's.  I live in Mountain Home, AR.  Won't know yet if I will home that weekend.  Mountain View, AR always has something going on.  You can also probably go trout fishing in the White river if you would like.  Glad to hear interest in coming back to Arkansas to ride.

:great:
I just made my reservation for a room @ Jacks.  I look forward to having great time in Ark.
Ralph :beerchug: :motonoises:

I'm in!  :)

Got my reservation and vacay request. I must admit, if weather looks terrible I will be caging it. The V doesn't have the protection of the Connie, and I don't have the vacay to delay or waylay or extend muh stay... ;D

Can't wait to see y'all again!!!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Dalroo said:
We're about a month out - how many are going? My room is booked!

Last year I think we had about 35 or so, and I expect a similar turnout this year. Currently only 8 are "registered" on the Calendar, but that really doesn't mean anything, as most folks don't bother to register.

:'( Looks like I have been sucked into an in-laws wedding and will miss this one. I have a room booked already does anyone need one?

Hey my chances are going up.  The baby that is due mid Oct may be induced to come early in the next week.  That may mean we are done with aiding in the early care by the Jacks weekend.

We will miss you Butch.  It's not your wedding, they will never know you are not there.

:-\ Bob is that yours and Leslie's baby? Anyway the only reason they care if I am there or not is they are wanting/demanding that I take pictures. And of course they want it to be free.

Hello all.  Connie Noob here.  I'd like to attend this event but I'm a bit timid about my riding skills.  Rode fearlessly 20+ years ago but...  4k miles on the Connie this summer, 6k miles of a cruiser since I started riding again a year+ ago.  I don't get to practice the twisties much here in the DFW area.  I've been to Leakey (twice) and been rained out (twice).  I've ridden through Arkansas (hwy 7, Pettit Jean, Talhimena Dr.) but always at a casual pace.  Texas Farm Road 4 from 180 to Lipan is about my only regular practice

I've been warned that you guys are pretty quick.  I want to be quicker, but I don't lie in a ditch 20 miles from the nearest cell coverage either :)  Is this the right crowd for me to mix with?  Just askin'

Texas FM4, Motorcycle Road Talimena Drive on a Kawasaki Concours ( GTR-1000 )

Hey HalfFast, these guys are only half as quick as they think they are.    :nananana: 

Some are still pretty quick though.  But regardless of who you ride with at any event... whether it's a slow poke like me or a flashy dude like Fred, you just ride your own ride.  ALWAYS ride your own ride.  NEVER go faster than you are comfortable with.  There is no one to impress and no one to satisfy but you.  Comin' in last in a two horse race is still better than not coming in in ANYBODY'S book.  BUT, in almost every group, you'll find folks who aren't tring to set the road on fire that you can follow or even lead.  Most twisty roads don't have huge speed limits anyway, so finding a pace that's comfortable to you isn't going to put you miles behind.  And many riding groups will stop and wait at turns so that no one misses a turn, the faster boys get a chance to chill out, and bench racing at the corners is a lot of fun anyway.

You'll fit right in I'm sure.  Go and have a blast. Awesome roads and some awesome folks to ride/hot-rod/flower-sniff/bench-race/eat with too.  Now I'm wishin' I could make it.

Oh, yes, I ride my own pace.  Just don't want to be the "stick in the mud" if the rest of the crew are rocket pilots.

... and I read about what happened to you this spring.  Got me working on my Max Brake exercise for sure!  Thanks for the reply and hope you are doing well.

Halfast you can get some good practice up here. Like Rev said don't be intimatedated & ride your on ride. If we do get ahead we'll wait, not a big deal. I don't know who warned you but we're really not that quick, but I do hear Fred is. Besides we usually have cell coverage within 5 miles. You'll be fine with this crowd. Now get with some of those TX guys & come on up, you'll be glad you did!

Cliff    :beerchug:

HalfFast said:
Oh, yes, I ride my own pace.  Just don't want to be the "stick in the mud" if the rest of the crew are rocket pilots.

... and I read about what happened to you this spring.  Got me working on my Max Brake exercise for sure!  Thanks for the reply and hope you are doing well.

Hey HF,
  If you decide to go I am leaving east Texas friday morning headed that way, and you are welcome to join me for the ride up there.

Well guys, pencil me in.  I'll call and get reservations tomorrow.  I look forward to meeting you y'all!

Jim, PM sent.

I spent the entirety of last year at the back of the pack, sometimes well out of sight.  I too am very comfortable in DFW traffic, but have not spent much time at all in my life in the twisties, in the mountains, in blind curves....  I didn't feel out of place, nobody made me think I had to catch up, and people waited and didn't lose me at the appropriate places. 

I anticipate being in the same place this year should things fall as I hope and I get to attend.  :)

Make sure that someone shows you highway 123 while you are in the area.  You won't be going that fast but you will certainly get a chance to practice turning.  ;)

HF - you'll be fine. I am a big believer in 'ride your own ride' and regardless, this is a great group of folks and the more you ride with talented riders, the more confident you will be.

One thing though, JustCliff is being modest. He either knows every nuance of every road in Arkansas, or is a very skilled rider. Even riding two up, he is very smooth on those mountain roads.

Like Necron said, some of us are very comfortable riding in rush hour traffic, but just don't get enough time riding curvy roads. This is a great chance to hang with some great people, ride some great roads, and enjoy your great Kawi!

I'm looking forward to catching up with you all in just a few short weeks!

I hope we get to do the Push Mountain road also, that thing is AWESOME !!! I think its Ar 341, this road is like a video game.

Well, got the time off.  Got the hotel reservation.  Got an appointment to get a carb sync/valve adjust.  I look forward to meeting you guys!

Aaahhhh shucks Dalroo  :57:.  See HalfFast just another one wanting to intimidate you. Ignore him my wife keeps me slow (er).

Jim, 341 is just around the corner 20-25 miles & it's a must ride. 9 between Mt. Veiw & Melborne is much more techincal/tighter with no room for error. Couple of my favorites are 14 & 235, just nice smooth sweepers.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll & seeing others again!

Cliff  :beerchug:

The problem is that everything is relative to our experiences.  This is Cliff's idea of a straight road:

curvy-road-2.jpg

And this is Cliff's idea of "gentle sweepers"

63169f9b_curvy-road.jpeg

:motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yall have fun riding to Jack's.  Since I can't come, I'm going to stay home and fish here.  I hope to catch more of what I caught this morning.  I took my Waverunner out offshore again and finally got into some of these that were willing to eat.  Ling (Cobia to non-Texans)
LingatMatagordaRigs10-6-12_zps6118d931.jpg

After catching two of these and two sharks over three foot I'm beat.  I still wish I could ride to Arkansas though.  :(

Rev Ryder said:
Yall have fun riding to Jack's.  Since I can't come, I'm going to stay home and fish here.  I hope to catch more of what I caught this morning.  I took my Waverunner out offshore again and finally got into some of these that were willing to eat.  Ling (Cobia to non-Texans)
LingatMatagordaRigs10-6-12_zps6118d931.jpg

After catching two of these and two sharks over three foot I'm beat.  I still wish I could ride to Arkansas though.  :(

YOU CATCH THEM ....... YOU CLEAN THEM !!!!!!!!

Your absence will be keenly missed  Chuck.....one great thing about Jack's  you can coast in after the bike quits!!!! :nananana:

gr33nmAn

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
Rev, if you come up to Jacks, you could fish AND ride motorcycles.
Well Fred, I just can't do it.  I have multiple issues (boy did I open myself up there).
Time off is tough as I just took a week's vacation four weeks ago and getting more very soon might be a challenge. But that's still not the main thing.
I also have to go the opposite direction the following week to attend a Presbytery meeting in McAllen, Texas.  THat is taking time away from the rest of my work and crowding my schedule.  But that's not the main thing either.
My son, whose been living in Maine the past year, is at my house right now and moving to Houston (as soon as he has a place to move into) so he's taking up energy, money, and time and this week I am already two weeks behind.  But that's not a real deal breaker either.
Next Monday my Mother-In-Law is coming to stay with us for a week or two (pray for me please).  I expect to spend a LOT of time at work for a week or two and get somewhat caught up on things that are piling up.  :-X  But if anything THAT'S incentive to head for Arkansas.
The real deal is I cannot yet wear my boots and my wife is seriously committed to keeping me off two wheels (particularly if I can't wear my boots).  That and the Turbo being still quite trashed and not having money or time to fix it right now (even though I have a perfectly lovely 06 model sitting in the shop in need of fresh gasoline and exercise).  It would be a great trip, but I suppose I'm still not quite up to it and mama definitely isn't up for me being up to it.  I'm working on that.

And besides, all I can catch at Jack's is bait.  :nananana:

I've been wanting to make this run since you started plugging it a couple three years ago, but once again I'm weinering out.  I sure hope you have a great birthday and y'all are safe and fast and comfy the whole time.  I hope to see most everyone (except Big Joe--who I DO hope to see but probably won't) at Wildflower or maybe even Big Bend.  I hope to be able to patch up the Turbo and ride her again.

Rev, you really need to find more to do...  ;D

You could cage it...we won't laugh...much...

Wish you could make it, my friend. And I will certainly try to make another ride out west, that would be a blast!  :motonoises:

So I have Wednesday-Friday off of work, and I was thinking about just going up and riding around a bit... maybe doing Pig Trail, etc.  Anyone else riding around earlier than Friday?

BigJoeVA68 said:
Rev, you really need to find more to do...  ;D

You could cage it...we won't laugh...much...

Wish you could make it, my friend. And I will certainly try to make another ride out west, that would be a blast!  :motonoises:

Wish I could come too.  Yer trusty ol' (now dusty ol') scooter misses you as well.

Necron99 said:
So I have Wednesday-Friday off of work, and I was thinking about just going up and riding around a bit... maybe doing Pig Trail, etc.  Anyone else riding around earlier than Friday?

I was maybe thinking of going up to the area on Thursday. Let you know in a couple of day's?

Jim

Necron99 said:

Just found out I cannot go next weekend due to the wife flying out of DFW to Australia, but could ride a day or two wed, thur, or friday. Where are you coming from? 

Well guys fate has struck again. I will not be able to attend next weekend. The wifes son is very sick and she will be going to Australia for two weeks, leaving on sat the 20th (rats !!!) I will be cancelling my room reservation for friday & sat night. This really chaps my butt cause this was the last ride for the year and I REALLY wanted to make it. Anyone know of any other rides in November or December?

Sorry to hear that... 

I'm coming from DFW.  Once there I'll be rooming with Dalroo.

Hey Fred, any chance on a 30 minute tech session on suspension set up?  I'm one of those "if I see it done or get told what to do while doing it I actually learn it" guys...

Necron99 said:
Sorry to hear that... 

I'm coming from DFW.  Once there I'll be rooming with Dalroo.

Are you leaving out on wednesday? If so let me know and I will tag along for two days and ride with you, and come back friday.

Pamela and I with Sharon on her bike plan on leaving the eastern side of the Metromess about 0730 on Thursday. If anyone wants to join us just speak up.

Craig

Jim, sounds good, I'll PM you my email address.

Does this look like a solid day of riding?

http://goo.gl/maps/b0mZv

I've modified this post, because I had an extra leg in the previous one... this is only like 150 miles.  I'm PRETTY sure that's not anywhere near a full day of riding.  It gets Pig Trail and 123 in... any suggestions to modify it into a more full day of riding?

Maybe this which adds pig trail the other direction at the end, 260ish miles.

http://goo.gl/maps/jM1aN

Hey Jim sorry you wont be able to make it. I just got the approval for the time off and was going to give the resort a call today. Would gladly take the room off your hands.

Well I too have to bail on the event.  Leslie's daughter's baby came early.  She has to be available to help out so can't go.  I was thinking of coming up with the KLR but it is not ready for that yet.  I never really expected to go so I don't have new tires on the Concours as would be needed to ride up.  I am not sure I could do the 630 miles in one day to get there anyway.  I have not put those kinds of miles on in a while. :(

Anyway I will be releasing the room tomorrow sometime.  Email or PM me if you want to be sure to get it.

Necron99, all of that route is good. I have'nt been on 23 since the nationals, but the lower part was a little rough then. Parts of that route have posted 10mph corners & they mean it! Also you may want to look at 103 N out Clarksville & then 215 W after a burger stop at the Oark Country Store. 27 out of Atkins is good & so is 16. 16 is best west hwy 7. I may make myself free & ride over to meet up with you Thurs. morning. If that's okay of course!

That'd be more than peachy, Cliff.  Looking forward to seeing you again.  I'm perfectly willing to let you tour guide. ;)  I'll try to sort of keep up. :D

How long would you estimate that route to take, btw?

Well, I don't know if I have proper qualifications for a tour guide or not. Suppose I could take the test before next week.
Ride length would probably be in the 250 mi. range give or take 25. Most likely, not more. That would all depend on combination of roads & start/stop piont.

You'll look good in the cruise director suit.

I meant to say, how much time do you believe that route will take?  I don't want it to be too MUCH time nor too LITTLE time.  I'd hate to get back to clarksville or wherever at like 2:30 or 3:00, but I also don't want to be out deer hunting!  :)

Where do you live again, Cliff?

Cobber said:
Hey Jim sorry you wont be able to make it. I just got the approval for the time off and was going to give the resort a call today. Would gladly take the room off your hands.

I will let you know by this weekend.

Necron99 said:
Jim, sounds good, I'll PM you my email address.

Does this look like a solid day of riding?

http://goo.gl/maps/b0mZv

I've modified this post, because I had an extra leg in the previous one... this is only like 150 miles.  I'm PRETTY sure that's not anywhere near a full day of riding.  It gets Pig Trail and 123 in... any suggestions to modify it into a more full day of riding?

Maybe this which adds pig trail the other direction at the end, 260ish miles.

http://goo.gl/maps/jM1aN

Would love to add Push Mountain to the trip if that would be an option.

Necron99 as long as you're in the NW corner of the state you want ever be more than couple hours from Clarksville. So if you're at the MO. state line at 2:30 turn around & you'll pretty much be back by 4:30 or so. Only way I know to answer, hope this helps. I'll try to get over Thurs. morning (shouldn't be problem).

Oh yeah, I'm in Greenbrier. 1 1/2 hrs from Clarksville & 1 1/2 hrs. from Mt. View (Jack's). Sent you a PM.

Cobber said:

The room is yours, I will call today and release it. Call Jacks and give them your credit card info sometime this afternoon.

Great Weather for the ride........sunny skies and 40's in the morning with 70s in the afternoon.

Still leaving Thursday AM from DFW about 0730 - KSU and jetting up to Jack's. :motonoises:

Craig and Pamela

As usual, I'll be going up through Oklahoma and across the Talimena Trail and then up all the twisty Arkansas back roads to Jacks. Should arrive sometime Friday afternoon. I got a message from Murph (of MurphsKits) and he is going to attend (in his wife's Miata). The Kawasaki Regional Director may also attend. He sent me an email this morning saying he wasn't sure if he could make it or not, but he would try.

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
As usual, I'll be going up through Oklahoma and across the Talimena Trail and then up all the twisty Arkansas back roads to Jacks. Should arrive sometime Friday afternoon. I got a message from Murph (of MurphsKits) and he is going to attend (in his wife's Miata). The Kawasaki Regional Director may also attend. He sent me an email this morning saying he wasn't sure if he could make it or not, but he would try.

Nailed the weather Fred!!! Looking forward to seeing you all Friday night and perhaps some El Gato Pescado. ;D

Craig

Too funny... I was just thinking this weekend, "I'd kinda like to try those Murph's wedges.  Too bad it's too late to order them and have them for this trip." 

Email sent along to Murph. :D

BigJoeVA68 said:
Fred_Harmon_TX said:
I got a message from Murph (of MurphsKits) and he is going to attend (in his wife's Miata).

Mmmmmmmm...ice cream...

;D

Yeppers!!!!! sho was good at da National in Eureka Springs......Murph does it right! :13:

Craig

I will be in Eureka Springs on Thursday and Friday.  I'll make sure I wave if I see ya'll and you make sure to do the same.

Jeremy said:
I will be in Eureka Springs on Thursday and Friday.  I'll make sure I wave if I see ya'll and you make sure to do the same.

I'll be in ES Weds-Sun with the ZRXOA

We are at the Swiss Holiday, if you get a chance, stop by!

Blood near boiling point. 9 times in 10 I do my own maintenance.  Still fairly new to the Connie so I wanted a "pro" to look at it.  Took it in for a carb sync and valve adjust.  They told me it doesn't need a valve adjust regardless of what the book sez and did a carb balance for $30 (Really?) rode it and said it was running great. 

A mile from home it started to miss.  Hard.  Smells way rich.  I have recent plugs in it.  Pulled plug wires, coils, checked for abraded wires/bad connections.  No Joy... and no time to work on it.  Well, little time.  REALLY want to make it to this meet so I'll hit up the Kawi dealer (not where I went) for new wires/coils/plugs.  Any better ideas?  I have very little time to work on it before hitting the road.  Do NOT feel like calling in the guys who "worked on it."  :mad:

HalfFast, it sounds like maybe you have a sticking float valve in one of the carbs. This will cause the gas level in the float bowl to be too high and can make the bike run rich. It can also lead to hydrolock if not repaired.

I'd also check for a vacuum leak, it could be the mechanic left a vacuum hose off one of the carbs.

If you have an IR temp gun, point it at each header pipe comming off the head and see which one is running cooler than the rest. This will at least isolate which cylinder is the cause. If it's one of the outside cylinders, you might get away with dropping the float bowl on just that carb without having to pull all the carbs off the bike.

If you don't have an IR gun, just suck it up and pull the carbs off the bike. Then remove all the float bowls, and clean and inspect them for rust sediment and make sure the little float valves move freely. I'd also reccomend unscrewing the pilot jets and removing them and spraying them out with carb cleaner. Clogged pilot jets are a common problem on the C10, as the tiny holes in them get clogged easily, usually from gas tank rust that gets into the float bowls.

If time won't allow this much of a repair, you might get lucky using the following method to clean the carbs, but I don't promise it will work. First open each drain screw on each carb and drain all the gas out of the float bowls. With the drain screw wide open, insert the straw from a carberator cleaner spray can into the drain hole. You may need to put a short section of hose on it to get a good seal. I'd recommend you wear protective eye wear so you don't get carb cleaner splash back into your eyes. Now spray carb cleaner into the bottom of the float bowl, and then let it drain back out. Do this a couple times with each carb. Then, as a final step, spray some into each carb and then quickly close the drain screw so you trap some carb cleaner in the bowl. Now go ride the bike and let the carb cleaner circulate through the carb. This may be enough to clean out a dirty pilot jet if it isn't real bad. Another method to achieve similar results would be to remove the gas supply hose to the carbs from the petcock, drain all four carbs of gas, and spray the carb cleaner down into the supply hose so that it fills the carbs with cleaner, and then reconnect the hose to the petcock and go for a ride.

You also could just go to a Chevron gas station and buy a bottle of Chevron Techron fuel cleaner and pour it into the tank and then take off and ride and hope it cleans out whatever is stuck. Many times this works, but again, no promises. Just be sure to use Chevron Techron, and not some other brand, as this is the best fuel cleaner on the market.

You gotta be kidding me.  I can't go and now brother Murph is coming too.  THis is just too much.

HalfFast, wish you were closer.  I'd be glad to try and help you get fixed up or loan you a shiny (albeit dusty) and well-running 2006 model that would love to go visit Big Joe.  :motonoises:

Before yanking the carbs, I'd have to throw a set of spark plugs at it if Fred's suggestions fail.  It DOES sound like a sticky-float type problem.  Once you have determined which hole is missing/flooding, open that drain screw on the bowl with the petcock on PRI and tap the side of the float bowl with a wrench or screwdriver.  If something is simply holding the float valve open this will SOMETIMES jar it free and allow it to be flushed out.  Those are easy fixes that might help, but more often than not Fred is on the money (as usual) and the carbs may need to be yanked and cleaned/adjusted.  I only suggest this since float valves rarely get seriously out of adjustment suddenly unless there is some underlying cause, i. e. foreign object holding float valve off seat, float sinks, float valve spring fails, etc.

NEcron99
Sent you a PM.
In ES right now, till Thurs.
Colors are AWSOME  :)
picture coming (if I can figure this stupid camera interface)  :mad:

Here is what you can look forward to...

Route 16 between 23 and 21, need I say more. I had to be real careful due to all the distractions on every road.
DSC01686.jpg

Everywhere you look...
DSC01683.jpg

Necron99 said:

Necron,
  I have tried every way I know how to get ahold of you and cannot, are you still going?
I am loaded up ready to leave wednesday morning.

Soaked carbs in Techron, blew them out.  Changed plugs.  Just started it, running smoothly.  Will commute on it tomorrow to see if I can trust it.

Well what do you know yall coming to my neck of the woods. my name is Kevin Pangle live in Yellville Ar ive been lurking around your sight. Well lets just say to long. but know a paid member. i have had lots of bikes over the last 35 yrs had a vulcan 1500 before my 93 C10 bought the C10 in 08 in mint cond and sold the vulcan after i took the connie on a trip to CO i put about about 30.000 miles on the C10 thought i would never get rid of that bike. i made the mistak of test riding a ZG1400 one saturday and within 5 days i was bringing a 2012 home, WOW what a bike!!!    but who would have guessed i got the one that has a knocking sound when its on the center stand.well crap read read read the fourm looks like a common prob that can be solved when i put new tires on. i called about 10 dealears all over the U S nope never herd of that bring it in, NO WAY MAN I CAN"T even think of letting this bike go for a week are you kidding me i will greeez it my self LOL.  oh well see you guy s friday after noon looking forward to meeting you.  and yes i live on HWY 235 i am sure your going to ride HWY 235 if your coming from the bruno fire station there are 2 corners one 2 miles from fire station sharp down hill left guy missed corner 3 weeks ago he is no more. and at the old charcoll plant desinding down hill left watched a friend in my rearview fly over the bars and out into the field enough from me. hall ass when posible be safe the rest of the time. :) Kevmo       

Jim,

Been having some technical issues...  lost a phone, waiting on a replacement to get activated.  I fired you an email as well....  Yes, I'm going....

Necron99 said:
Jim,

Been having some technical issues...  lost a phone, waiting on a replacement to get activated.  I fired you an email as well....  Yes, I'm going....

I have cancelled my trip plans, ya'll have fun.

Jim Snyder said:
Necron99 said:
Jim,

Jim, sorry you can't make it....you'll be missed.......but we'll get over it! ;D

Craig

Wish it wasn't so, Jim, gonna miss seeing ya.

I plan on leaving work and heading as far west as I can make it. Probably going to get as far as Birmingham and stay for the night, then head the rest of the way tomorrow.

Can't wait!  :motonoises:

BigJoeVA68 said:
Wish it wasn't so, Jim, gonna miss seeing ya.

I plan on leaving work and heading as far west as I can make it. Probably going to get as far as Birmingham and stay for the night, then head the rest of the way tomorrow.

Can't wait!  :motonoises:

Joe,

We should be there in the afternoon so maybe some catfish tomorrow night. I think the lion's share will arrive on Friday.

I'll put up the SPOT beacon link before we leave.

Ciao,

Craig

We just had to cancel our reservation at Jacks so there is a room available. :motonoises:

Too many things to do here and the kennel has no openings

kv5e said:

Jim, sorry you can't make it....you'll be missed.......but we'll get over it! ;D

Craig
[/quote]

Ha-Ha, I was really wanting to see ya'll and enjoy a few adult beverages around the campfire. Guess I will just ride around here on some of the straight roads this weekend.

Sorry for the troubles Bill,  I know its not much help but a good policy you may want to adopt is to do all maintenance at least two to three weeks in advance of a trip so you have time to do a couple test rides to work out problems before the trip.  That strategy has served me well.

Most times a new problem is brought on by the last work done.  I would look in the areas the other guys touched.  Also they have NO way of knowing what your valves are like without going in there and measuring.  Valves on this bike tend to get tighter and quieter and you can not tell a quiet valve from an about to burn valve.  Dealers, better off Fn it up yourself.

Don't listen to Bob, limp it to the meeting and we can rip it apart. It isn't a COG-SC event until someone tears off some faring...

;D

Fred (and all), be careful of OK side of Talahmina rt 1. Losts of pea size stones on corners the other day kept ”popping” out from the tires made me think it was the bike until I fish-tailed once.