• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Prescott AZ Fun Day

FTL900 said:
Great ride, great weekend... I'm home safely!!

P1020184.jpg

Nice pictures Mike! Not sure if I see any I want copies of though.  :-X

What a great weekend riding. Celebrating the Old Mans Bday, The United States Marine Corps Birthday (The Corps has precedence FYI) and Veterans day with some awesome weather, kick butt routes, great friend's new and old. Friday and Saturday bench racing, tall tales and adult beverage sipping (No bike moved when the sipping started). Man I love this club and this area. 4 states repping, AZ, NV, CA and CO thanks to Andre. There were some I didn't get to see but knew they were there. Missed ya! Man I hate red and blue lights!

I had a great weekend, although I didn't catch up with the Old Man.  I did get to meet Brad (BE) as he stayed at the same place I did.  Friday night he knocked on my door 'cause he saw the COG sticker on the C-10.  We split a (half-size) bottle of Clyde May's bourbon and discovered we grew up 1 town over from each other back in Mass.

He also helped me debug the coolant leak I had on Saturday morning, sticking around before he headed home.  Fortunately just a loose hose clamp.  I didn't get to run the loop y'all did, but I did run over to Payson and back.

I got to ride down and back with Doug (4kless).

Also, I found out that the Barley Hound restaurant has a liquor selection at the bar with which I am happily compatible.  :)

I had a good time hanging out with you guys friday and saturday.  Perfect weather for the north country this time of year.

It looks like I missed out on the LEO fun.  See you all next time.  :)

Excellent weekend to ride! Prescott is a great place to ride to and start off from for day rides.
Glad to have met you Caffeine Man (it is a small world indeed) and your bourbon friend Clyde May's :beerchug:
Hope to catch up with the group for riding at the next event.

CaffeineMan said:
I had a great weekend, although I didn't catch up with the Old Man.  I did get to meet Brad (BE) as he stayed at the same place I did.  Friday night he knocked on my door 'cause he saw the COG sticker on the C-10.  We split a (half-size) bottle of Clyde May's bourbon and discovered we grew up 1 town over from each other back in Mass.

He also helped me debug the coolant leak I had on Saturday morning, sticking around before he headed home.  Fortunately just a loose hose clamp.  I didn't get to run the loop y'all did, but I did run over to Payson and back.

I got to ride down and back with Doug (4kless).

Also, I found out that the Barley Hound restaurant has a liquor selection at the bar with which I am happily compatible.  :)

What part of Mass? I grew up in Adams.

Thank you for a great company and time! Hope to not miss group ride next time :)

I wish you all to skip the experience of great relief riding into 32F from 19F (yep, again! Flagstaff, AZ was cold at about 6AM).

Godzilla said:
Cory and I had a blast this weekend!  Got home to Tucson safely, loaded the HD up and got him headed for home in Las Cruces. Thanks for everything Mark!  Hotel was great!  Riding and weather were perfect!  Special thanks to Charby and Jet Fixer for their demonstrated instructions on identifying LEO vehicles....verrrry helpful!  Great group of people to ride and bench-race with.  Looking forward to next time!

Glad we could help Tom.    :)      Dan and I have always been the unselfish, self sacrificing type.  You know, "on point, tip of the spear, take one for the team, (dumb enough to be out in front)".    :-[        Still can't believe we road away from that unscathed.  Thank God we were dealing with what had to undoubtedly be the coolest cop in Arizona.
It was great to see you again and meet your son. That's a great kid you have there sir!

OMC, it was a pleasure to celebrate yours and the Marine Corps birthdays with you.  Looking forward to the next adventure.

Kieth.  Sorry you missed out on the elk steak. Hope it wasn't to bad reheated.

Micheal. Thanks for the pics.  I think "the one" may have to go on the wall.    :great:

I had a great weekend.  It was good to see old friends and make some new ones too.  Look forward to seeing everyone again on the next
go around.

Dan, next time we head out, please make sure Mrs. Charby has plenty of bail money and a full tank in the car........just in case.    :))

Great to meet some of you for the first time and touch base again with those I met at Lake Isabella. Great weekend of riding and bench racing and I have to say many of the roads were great. Since we are new to the southwest, a return trip is probably in order with the spousal unit to explore Sedona and Jerome in more detail. The road from Prescott to US93 via Bagdad was wonderful (as OMC had indicated): sweepers, twisties and roller coaster fun on Rt97. Alos a definite do-again. Thanks to CaffeineMan for the company on the way over and back; most enjoyable.

xcore said:
Thank you for a great company and time! Hope to not miss group ride next time :)

I wish you all to skip the experience of great relief riding into 32F from 19F (yep, again! Flagstaff, AZ was cold at about 6AM).

Did you make it home OK?  It was great to meet you in Prescott.  I look forward to seeing you again at more COG events!  I usually wind up somewhere in Colorado during the summer months.  Maybe we could meet up sometime!!

I must admit I was seriously depressed C'ing that VW bus in my rear view holding tight in the canyon (a classic bus BTW). Dude had skills. After being passed by a prius while following (Big Tom Knows the story) awhile ago, It was at that point I needed to pull the trigger. Well......Bye.  ;)