• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Puget Sound Third Sat Meet and Ride

danodemotoman

COG 2877
This ride event will alternate  monthly north/south locations with details on the calendar month. Dan Paulsen and Roland Vetter will start it off in March and April. Requesting ride hosts for the remaining months. Please volunteer as a ride host and show us around the area and roads of your choice. Initially, Orting WA has been selected as the south location and South Everett as the north location. Any host can choose the details like month and location for their choice. Routes TBD by ride host.

I know of several good spots to meet on the north side. O'Donell's of the 128th st exit on I-5 has been a spot hosted a 2-wheel tuesday a couple of years back. I will do another Longest Day ride in June, hopefully with better weather. That is a north cascade loop. I am considering Republic as a weekend rally in July, alot of great little roads along the border. I have a separate thread on that. If I get time I'l ride Montana on my own. I have most of the info on Republic now. Any one know a spot to eat or ride to can put tgether a good day ride, figure 100 to 300 miles depending on the season and weather. If we can settle on a breakfast spot(year round) if the weather co-operates we could ride any time. That's what I have. Check the calendar, unless a consensus would be intersted in a single update on a new posting(opt-in).

BUMP

Sat,  March 17  :motonoises:

http://cog-online.org/clubportal/Calendar.cfm?clubID=1328

danodemotoman said:
This ride event will alternate  monthly north/south locations with details on the calendar month. Dan Paulsen and Roland Vetter will start it off in March and April. Requesting ride hosts for the remaining months. Please volunteer as a ride host and show us around the area and roads of your choice. Initially, Orting WA has been selected as the south location and South Everett as the north location. Any host can choose the details like month and location for their choice. Routes TBD by ride host.

I won't be able to make it unless I pull a minor miracle out of my dark side and finish getting my bike back together.  Cross your fingers for me.  I'm kicking around an idea for the May ride.

The wx outlook is bad.... surely below freezing at 9 AM in Orting.
Not much response and with the lousy wx.... so will cancel the meet for March.

Good timing for me, fixing my petcock on the Connie and the FZ-1 is up for some maintenance and tires. The Connie isn't far from new shoes either. Maybe next month winter will end!

Dan's hosting a wrench session April 14th, so we'll have something going on in a few weeks.  Winter came early and is hanging tough this year.

Reluctant was I to cancel. Never cancel just for liquid sunshine.
But woke up to snowfall this AM.
Next month Roland will host the 3rd SAT ride meeting in south Everett, details on calendar.

So come on out for the TD (Tech Day) wrench session, some stop by to chat and chew too.  :ecomcity:
:coffee2:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Dan's hosting a wrench session April 14th, so we'll have something going on in a few weeks.  Winter came early and is hanging tough this year.

danodemotoman said:
So come on out for the TD (Tech Day) wrench session, some stop by to chat and chew too.  :ecomcity:
:coffee2:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

Hey Dan,
  Do you have a grill?

I rode to Ross Lake today, roads were pretty good and only a little sand in some spots up at the end. Next 3rd saturday is the week after the wrench session up in the north end. O'Donnell's off the 128th street exit off I-5 in Everett. 8-9am. Could use a day like today.

It's time for another try at a3rd saturday ride. The forecast looks good so if it holds I will do a run to infamous milepost 134 at Ross Lake. O'Donell's is easy to get to, east side of 128th exit in Everett. If I stop the gas leak on the Connie it will be there, if not then the the silver Yamaha. Lunch in Concrete(not literally) or if you have a new place. 8-9am, then ride. Considering doing the Longest Day Ride in June, but I have to look at scheduling first.

The Hi-Low has closed permanently.  That was the one down town on the corner.  The Cascade Burgers drive in has excelant burgers and fries, but a sloped gravel lot.  Not a large dinning area, but very good fast food that isn't realy fast.  Fast food doesn't usualy equate to good food.  I noticed last weekend that the Que-car BBQ in Marblemount was open.  I have eaten there a couple of times and it is good BBQ.  Not inside eating, but it does have a large paved and level parking area that is shared buy the Shell station.  Anne's Pizza on highway 20 on the west end of Concrete has exelant pizza and Italian sandwitches, paved parking area, but very slow service.
If the weather is good as it is supposed to be I would vote for the BBQ otherwise probably Cascade Burgers and just be cautious of the parking.  They do have some outside tables.

If I don't catch you guys, you can call me at three six zero seven zero eight two nine six zero.  I have a Senna so can take calls on the bike.

When we get hungry we'll have to choose. We are taking 530 to 20 on the way up. with one stop. Unless we have too much coffee at O'Donell's.

7 of us had a good ride, breakfast was good. We left O'Donell's and headed north to Arlington and took 530 to Rockport and a right on 20 to the gate at milepost 134. We made a couple of extra stops as one bike whined some but we didn't let the whining stop us. Coming back through Concrete and bumpy South Skagit hiway and then south on 9. Finished the loop at Arlington then on to Jordan road, O K Mill road and Snohomish, then back to Bothell. I find my bike runs better on the ethanol free gas, Some discussion on the price of a day ride considering the price of gas and meals. I spend $30 on breakfast and lunch. I am considering offering up a picnic option on long rides with maybe one meal stop. I often pack a cooler in a saddlebag with drinks and backup snacks and ibuprofen. When I do solo rides I usually have a quick breakfast at home and make one meal stop when I need a long break. In June I can do a North Cascades loop, I have to check my schedule first as to which weekend. It would need to start an hour earlier. That may be the last day ride I post on the schedule, leave the second half of the year up to others, still could impromptu stuff as Wings and Wheels. I do the occasional run to Sumas for the $9 brunch, that fills me up for at least 200 miles. Any other ideas?

Thanks to Roland for hosting and leading the April ride.  :sign0098:
Boyo Boyo.. hat great riding weather.
I slipped on the sand just before the dam overlook on runoff sand. WHOOPS! Seat clencher!
Future monthly rides need a host. What month looks good for you!
YOUR TURN  :72:

See you there with a majic ethanol treatment bottle, see if it works. North Cascades Loop next month, it's long. I am doing a 7-8am start unless it is too early, saturday morning can be, but earlier is less traffic and back earlier.

Sorry to say I'll not make it tomorrow!

I'm being dragged out for the opening day of Dirt-Bike Season in Cle Elum.
:)
You guys n gals  have a great time and be safe!

Colin

Today was a good ride.  I met up with Bob Rainey, Roland Vetter, Mitch Von and last but definitely not least AAD Dan Paulsen.  We did breakfast at the Black Diamond Bakery, then rode through the Green River Gorge on our way to state highway 410 to Cayuse Pass and state highway 123.  We went down 123 to U.S. 12, which took us into Packwood where Roland got gas and we ate lunch in the parking lot of the Shell station before heading up Forest Rd 52 aka Skate Creek Rd  to state highway 706, which merged with state highway 7 in Elbe.  We stopped at a state park on Alder Lake for a break, and then we continued west on 7 to the Eatonville Cutoff Road, through Eatonville and north on Orville Road up past Ohop Lake and Lake Kapowsin.  Here's a teaser pic.

More pictures here
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/charliegaryrules/COG%20Rides/3rd%20Saturday%20May%202012/

Good tour, even with a couple of rough roads. I only hit a couple of bumps that made me cough. The leo in Orting was running radar, but didn't seem to care.

Sorry I ended up being part of the motorcycle contingent for the Armed Forces Day parade in Bremerton this weekend . I got invited up by a friend and I thought I was gonna be on the sidelines ,instead I ended up in the parade . There were only 2 Concours in the procession my C10 and another guy on his C14 .We brought up the rear , someone had to keep all those Harleys inline . :))

Sorry guys that I couldn't make it.  Had hope to make the breakfast as I had to work, but you know how life throws a curve ball sometimes. Glad you had fun, those pics looked like what I saw when I rode Cayuse Pass last week. Hope to see you all soon again!

You have another chance at a monthly ride this saturday, it is a long one. Weather is looking passable for saturday. North Cascades loop. 7-8 at Denny's exit 208(Arlington) off I-5. Better get out before summer ends.

The weather fooled a lot of people, but three stooges did make the ride to sunny eastern Washington.  I pulled into the Denny's parking lot in Arlington about 7:25.  I met the village idiot as I dismounted and doffed my gear, and after a couple of minutes of his weirdness I headed inside and sat down at Roland's table.  He had already ordered, but my bowl of oatmeal took less than two minutes from the time I orderd to the time it hit the table.  About halfway through our food Mitch Von rolled up.  He came in and ordered, and once we were all done we headed out into the rain.
  The rain only lasted as far as Newhalem, and then it was progressively drier pavement as we headed east.  We stopped at the Diablo overlook for a photo op.  Mitch has more and better pictures.  These three are the only pics I took all day since he was getting creative with his camera.

The bottom picture shows a small piece of the road we came up, curving along the edge of the lake.  It continued to curve for the next hour as we went up and over Easy and Rainy passes and down into Winthrop.  After checking out the coffee rental return building we continued east, detouring onto Twisp-Winthrop Road for a while before returning to WA 20.  A few miles later we turned south on WA 153, which took us down to Pateros and US 97.  We headed south on 97 to Apple Acres Road, which is a nice detour into Chelan.  We ate lunch in Chelan, then followed 97 west along the lake until we reached the 971 turn off, which we followed along the lake shore until it turned south and eventually returned us to 97, which we followed into Wenatchee.
  After making our way through Wenatchee we took some side roads through Peshastin and Plain, bypassing Leavenworth.  We saw a lot of cops and a lot of German cars, often together on the side of the road.  Come to find out there was a gathering of German car enthusiasts in Leavenworth, and the cops were having a field day with all the racer wannabees. :motonoises:  Roland chose to be older and wiser.
  We headed west on US 2, and shortly before reaching Stevens Pass the rain welcomed us back to western Washington.  In Monroe Mitch and I turned siuth through town and picked up WA 522, which took us to 405 and back to south King County.  All in all, it was a good day.  I refuse to let the rain stop me from having fun, so I just dress for it.
  Join us next month for the adventure yet to be announced.  Any suggestions?

I should have carried an overnght kit and stayed in Chelan, it was pleasant . I was thinking that if I was retired I don't ever have to back, but we did. Last year we got wet on both sides except for 50 miles, but I hope it doesn't become an annual bike wash. Maybe try a week later or earlier, later means kids out of school and summer travel is officially on, rv's. So next year we ride in the Freemont parade, undress appropriately.  Or we are all naked under these clothes anyway. How does a Chinook loop sound, but that's someone else's call.

At the risk of hogging another calendar date I was thinking of:
RIDE TO THE MUSEUM
..... for July
Talked to Steve at Vintage Motorcycles Northwest in Spanaway. They do antique moto resotoration and have a museum on the upper floor. Steve said it was ok to bring a group by. I have had two other COG groups thru over the last 10 yrs. It is an imprsesive facilty both in restoration and unique moto collection. Not a 'huge' collection but interesting.
So perhaps a RTE  :103: before or after the shop visit, possible ride  :motonoises: after?

After the ride I did yesterday on the way back from the National, I may well have a suggestion.
Let me see what I can do, to plan it out

Ok here it is, we have to wait till the snow melts on, FR23 and there is a 10 mile section of gravel on FR23
The up side is it has some terrific roads and scenery.

Lunch stop at Trout Lake or Glenwood. Its a 400 mile ride 

I would consider this an advanced rider ride and not for beginners.

CP.

Attachments

• St Helens Loop Ride.JPG
    St Helens Loop Ride.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 104
See if it can incorporate a visit to the museum in Spanaway.  Dan described a very fascinating place during a skype call.

Have you ridden FR 23 gravel on a Connie?  :-\  it can be loose even on a KLR. I won't do it again on a Connie.

Colin said:
After the ride I did yesterday on the way back from the National, I may well have a suggestion.

Ok here it is, we have to wait till the snow melts on, FR23 and there is a 10 mile section of gravel on FR23

CP.

danodemotoman said:
Have you ridden FR 23 gravel on a Connie?  :-\  it can be loose even on a KLR. I won't do it again on a Connie.

Colin said:

CP.

Can't say I have, is it really that bad?

As I ride dirt bikes gravel (as long as its not deep) is no biggie for me even on the Connie.
Its mostly a matter of the right speed and confidence.
However its not good for the front wheel bearings! and fairing screws  :(

Let me try to 'quote' Bob P and another rider who took the wrong turn on the Volcano Ride several years ago:
Why didn't you warn me! Bob was ticked off  :38: as he followed the other rider  :confuse:.
Like all gravel roads the conditions vary by season and year. Any soft deep gravel is a problem on a Connie. Last time I rode this 10-12 mile gravel stretch on the KLR it had been recently graded with remaining soft gravel sections.
So rider beware!  :19:
First and only time I did it on a Connie the gravel section was 16 miles, that was a long 16  :41:

It is fun on a KTM. I have seen sportbikes on it slowly. After it's graded all the marbles are evenly spread, if not, riding in the tire tracks is much better but you have to dodge potholes. Avon's are better than Dunlops on it. You have to keep a close track on your line to stay out of any deeper gravel.

Wow, too bad I just saw this- I am in the area right now and could have met up with you folks. My own fault for not looking at the calendar of course.

Off to check the calendar of events for goins' on tomorrow.

Brian

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Today was a good ride.  I met up with Bob Rainey, Roland Vetter, Mitch Von and last but definitely not least AAD Dan Paulsen.  We did breakfast at the Black Diamond Bakery, then rode through the Green River Gorge on our way to state highway 410 to Cayuse Pass and state highway 123.  We went down 123 to U.S. 12, which took us into Packwood where Roland got gas and we ate lunch in the parking lot of the Shell station before heading up Forest Rd 52 aka Skate Creek Rd  to state highway 706, which merged with state highway 7 in Elbe.  We stopped at a state park on Alder Lake for a break, and then we continued west on 7 to the Eatonville Cutoff Road, through Eatonville and north on Orville Road up past Ohop Lake and Lake Kapowsin.  Here's a teaser pic.

More pictures here
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/charliegaryrules/COG%20Rides/3rd%20Saturday%20May%202012/

Colin,

Sounds like a pre ride is in order.
Let me know if you want company! I'll take the KLR tho  :))

Colin said:

CP.
[/quote]

Can't say I have, is it really that bad?

As I ride dirt bikes gravel (as long as its not deep) is no biggie for me even on the Connie.
Its mostly a matter of the right speed and confidence.
However its not good for the front wheel bearings! and fairing screws  :(
[/quote]

Dan:

I agree a pre-ride is a must.

Question is do I take the KTM or the Connie LoL

Do I take Nancy or No

Questions, questions!  :))

Colin said:
Dan:

I agree a pre-ride is a must.

Question is do I take the KTM or the Connie LoL

Do I take Nancy or No

Questions, questions!  :))

It's your idea, so you should do it on a Connie.  :lol_hitting:

Out and about on the KLR
Rode over FR 21 from Packwood and other than a couple truck tracks thru short lengths of snow it was passable.
FR 23... not yet,  made it just past last Takalak Lake turn off at 400 ft el  and snow covered rd.
FR 23 was in good condition.. for a d/s.... too much loose gravel and a hole lot of shaking for the fairing of a Conk.
004.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

The July 3rd Sat ride date is still open for a host to offer a RTE, RIDE.. etc....
The Museum ride will have to be sheduled another time  ??? as I will be on an ADV ride in ID/MT.  >:D

I'll just have to see what I can throw together.  I think maybe the other side of Puget Sound might be nice to see.

OK folks, sorry for the delay, but life happened.  This month's third Saturday ride will begin in the Albertson's Sav-on parking lot in Gig Harbor, WA.  The address is
11330 51st Avenue Northwest, Gig Harbor, WA 98332, and the departure time will be 9:30am.  The plan is to drift southwest in a disorganized fashion, ending up somewhere northwest of Olympia.  This will give us frugal souls from the east side of the Sound an opportunity to make it back without paying a bridge toll.
  Come one, come all.  I have no idea exactly which roads we'll ride, but with all the roads to chose from it's sure to be a good time.

Hey,

Anyone from the Canadian side planning to go? I bought a Connie (2001) last week and am eager to get to know other riders nearby.  I have been looking for a bike that works better for the roads around here (moved here from Europe and shipped my Yamaha TDM back to  Europe a while ago as it's perfect for the roads over there). Settled for a Connie, found one on ebay, rode it back from Seattle last week-end and am now getting to know it. The Puget Sound trip next weekend sounds like a perfect way to get to know the bike in good company. Would be fun to have someone to ride down with.

Gunilla  :motonoises:

Welcome to the COG family Guni!. I too ride an '01 Connie.
Yes you will enjoy the ride next weekend and will be in good company.
Hope to meet up with you soon
:051bye:

Here's a suggestion:
Map: 
http://tinyurl.com/cgglkcx
Had to cancel ADV week ride due to Carrie's broken bone in foot and will be caretaker for a couple weeks. So am a possible show for this Sat ride event.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
OK folks, sorry for the delay, but life happened.  This month's third Saturday ride will begin in the Albertson's Sav-on parking lot in Gig Harbor, WA.  The address is
11330 51st Avenue Northwest, Gig Harbor, WA 98332, and the departure time will be 9:30am.  The plan is to drift southwest in a disorganized fashion, ending up somewhere northwest of Olympia.  This will give us frugal souls from the east side of the Sound an opportunity to make it back without paying a bridge toll.
  Come one, come all.  I have no idea exactly which roads we'll ride, but with all the roads to chose from it's sure to be a good time.

Hi Dan,
  Thanks for doing the legwork and laying out the route.  It looks like a winner to me.  I hope to see you there.

Thanks for the welcome!
I'll probably be going south on Friday evening. Any tips on a good place to spend the night? Was thinking of taking the ferry over to Port Townsend or Kingston.

Guni said:
Thanks for the welcome!
I'll probably be going south on Friday evening. Any tips on a good place to spend the night? Was thinking of taking the ferry over to Port Townsend or Kingston.

I've never stayed in a motel so close to where I live, but here's one I found via Google.
http://www.westwyndmotel.com/

Hope to make it.
Carrie is getting around using the 'black boot' brace on foot so I likely can get to riding Sat!
BTW, went to the Backfire Moto meet in Ballard yesterday eve and it was a hoot, holler and great turnout. Many, many bikes with classics, mods, new and old to view. Personalities too!
Unfortunately had a short breakdown on the V65 Sabre on Alaskan Way in heavy stop/go traffic at 7 PM with the rad fan failing to engage. After waiting 20 min to cool down used some drinking water to top off from the overheated overflow and was back on the road. Have to now replace the coolant (6 years old anyway) and see what failed on the fan energizing.
Sure glad I did not use the water at the event!

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Hi Dan,
  Thanks for doing the legwork and laying out the route.  It looks like a winner to me.  I hope to see you there.

Everybody I know who's had one of those Honda V4s has had a fan crap out on them.  I won't be surprised to hear you need to replace it, but hopefully it's as simple as crimping the banana/bullet female connectors a little bit so they grip the prongs of the temperature sensor securely.  That's what got mine going the last time the fan quit on my Magna.

It was simple to test today.
Jumper wire to two wire conector at rad switch had the fan running fine, the rad temp switch showed 159 ohms when hot and fan was turning very slow or not at all when reconnected. Looking for aftermarket replacement rad temp switch.
It's only 27 yrs new!

Cloquallum Rd is one of my favorite weekly riding routes , just watch out for tar snakes galore on the Grey Harbor county section of the road . AND the railroad crossing at the Elma end of the road is badly worn with the hold down screws projecting almost an inch about the worn timbers . If there is any chance of it being wet be extremely cautious , I took a bad spill on it while crossing them at less then 5 mph in the rain on the 24th of June  ::) Totally split my windscreen ...

Warning taken! :-\

Mortech said:
Cloquallum Rd is one of my favorite weekly riding routes , just watch out for tar snakes galore on the Grey Harbor county section of the road . AND the railroad crossing at the Elma end of the road is badly worn with the hold down screws projecting almost an inch about the worn timbers . If there is any chance of it being wet be extremely cautious , I took a bad spill on it while crossing them at less then 5 mph in the rain on the 24th of June  ::) Totally split my windscreen ...

Today it was the usual suspects- Dan, Roland and myself.  We cruised some peninsula roads, ate lunch in Elma, and spent more time riding the long way home than we did on the planned route.  All in all, a good day.  Too bad so many missed out.

Great ride, fun ride, good weather ride!
Charlie, Roland and I each led about 1/3 of the ride, worked out fine.
Key Peninsula, Elma, west Centralia roads, Alpha Centralia/Morton/Mineral Lake
Whoo hoo, look at me now  :motonoises:
2327836250033639341S500x500Q85.jpg

Guni said:
Hi,
Had to change plans in last minute. Really sorry I couldn't make it
Gunilla

Thunderstorms get in the way?  All day Friday I was watching it rain and wondering if you were going to make it.........

Hey guys,

I'm gonna have to try to make it out for the next ride.  Any plans on the route / location for the next ride? 

A couple of years ago I led a ride up Chuckanut around the south end of Lake Whatcom and toward Baker.  It was in the spring so the Mt portion was out.  We had lunch at Bob's Burgers in Sumas.  Good ride.
The problem with Baker this time of year is the "land yachts" and "squids" all trying to share the one and 1/2 lane road.  But then that's the problems with all roads this time of year.

Well, we've got a ride plan being worked out, but it's on Sunday, not Saturday.  Sunday, August 19th, meet Wayne Wilson for breakfast at 526 91st Ave. Northeast in Lake Stevens.  Wayne will be there at 7:30, and wheels roll at 9am.  :motonoises:  Wayne estimates about 6 hours to ride about 250 miles, plus a stop for lunch,  so return to the Everett area about 4 or 4:30pm.  The ride will be to the Mt. Baker area.

Restaurant for breakfast/meet in Lake Stevens for the SUN the 19th is the New Country Grill. Basic diner fare, good food at reasonable prices.

Hope to see you there!

WW

Bump for the Mt. Baker ride this coming SUNDAY (8/19)...

Meet at the New Country Grill aound 0730-0800 for coffee/breakfast (optional) and on the road at 0900.

Some nice detours off of highway 9 then Mt. Baker highway all the way up to Artists Point. Same route coming home with lunch at the Blue Mountain Grill and options for cutting to the freeway for those who wish.

I wish my life schedule wasn't so full.  I am going to have to skip this little adventure.

Rick said:
Any idea where and what time you'll be having lunch?

Planned lunch stop is the Blue Mountain Grill, 974 Valley Highway, Acme, WA 98220. It is about 13 miles north of Sedro-Woolley on Hwy 9.  Best guess on time for lunch would be arriving between 1:00-1:30.

So I'm up for hosting a ride down here in Tulum while I'm here if any NW members want to come on down LoL

:))

Jo said:
Hold on..let me pack a light bag and I'll be right there!! :rotflmao: :'(

Turn right at the burro, and left at the taco stand, ours is the white hacienda on the left.  :beerchug:

Mt. Baker ride this morning! Overcast now, but forecast is to clear out and be good riding temps (70's). Hope to have some company!

Sept event was taken by the NW regional. we had a fun rally with great weather to boot.
This month, Oct 20, is Ride to the Museum in Spanaway WA,

http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=174603&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D10%2D05%27%7D

Meet prior to museum @ 10:30 AM is @ Kolby Donut House, Tacoma (Parkland) WA, clutch out @ 11 AM for short ride to museum.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&q=15012+Pacific+Ave+S+,+Tacoma+,+WA+++98444&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x549103b6568f4e67:0x991f4efe83d9f985,15012+Pacific+Ave+S,+Tacoma,+WA+98444&gl=us&sa=X&ei=l9RvUP3WK67ligKvhICgBQ&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

Vintage Motorcycles Northwest manager, Steve, has a working shop with museum that is open by invitation only to small group tours.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=309+196th+Street+East,+Spanaway,+WA&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=309+196th+St+E,+Spanaway,+Washington+98387&gl=us&ll=47.078957,-122.428108&spn=0.007408,0.02105&t=m&z=14&iwloc=r0&output=embed
Possible lunch/ride after as requested by attendees.

BUMP!    :))

Sept event was taken by the NW regional. we had a fun rally with great weather to boot.
This month, Oct 20, is Ride to the Museum in Spanaway WA,

http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=174603&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D10%2D05%27%7D

Meet prior to museum @ 10:30 AM is @ Kolby Donut House, Tacoma (Parkland) WA, clutch out @ 11 AM for short ride to museum.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&q=15012+Pacific+Ave+S+,+Tacoma+,+WA+++98444&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x549103b6568f4e67:0x991f4efe83d9f985,15012+Pacific+Ave+S,+Tacoma,+WA+98444&gl=us&sa=X&ei=l9RvUP3WK67ligKvhICgBQ&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

Vintage Motorcycles Northwest manager, Steve, has a working shop with museum that is open by invitation only to small group tours.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=309+196th+Street+East,+Spanaway,+WA&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=309+196th+St+E,+Spanaway,+Washington+98387&gl=us&ll=47.078957,-122.428108&spn=0.007408,0.02105&t=m&z=14&iwloc=r0&output=embed
Possible lunch/ride after as requested by attendees.

Come on out and see the museum.  COG is covering the cost of admission, so be sure to come out and get your dues money worth.

I'm a new owner of an 08 Concours.  I previously had a Tiger 1050 which was fun but a totally different bike from the Concours.  I've only had the Concours about 4 days and unfortunately will be out of the country for work till 10/25.  Itching to get some time on the bike.    I look forward to meeting other Concours enthusiasts in the PNW.  I'll mark the calendar for November and look forward to meeting others.  About how many typically show for the monthly ride? 

Thanks, Tony (Tacoma, Washington)

Hi Tony, too bad you'll be out of the area.  I've heard the restoration place is pretty cool.  How many usually attend?  If it's a 3rd weekend thing, it could be anywhere from one to eight.  The Bun Cooler and Regional draw crowds between 30 and 60, depending on how the stars align from one year to the next.  Not much going on between this weekend and the International Motorcycle Show weekend, but someone just might put together some kind of ride for the 17th or 18th of November if the weather participates.  Any suggestions on where to go?