• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Puget Sound Third Sat Meet and Ride

BUMP!    :))

Sept event was taken by the NW regional. we had a fun rally with great weather to boot.
This month, Oct 20, is Ride to the Museum in Spanaway WA,

http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=174603&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D10%2D05%27%7D

Meet prior to museum @ 10:30 AM is @ Kolby Donut House, Tacoma (Parkland) WA, clutch out @ 11 AM for short ride to museum.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&q=15012+Pacific+Ave+S+,+Tacoma+,+WA+++98444&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x549103b6568f4e67:0x991f4efe83d9f985,15012+Pacific+Ave+S,+Tacoma,+WA+98444&gl=us&sa=X&ei=l9RvUP3WK67ligKvhICgBQ&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

Vintage Motorcycles Northwest manager, Steve, has a working shop with museum that is open by invitation only to small group tours.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=309+196th+Street+East,+Spanaway,+WA&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=309+196th+St+E,+Spanaway,+Washington+98387&gl=us&ll=47.078957,-122.428108&spn=0.007408,0.02105&t=m&z=14&iwloc=r0&output=embed
Possible lunch/ride after as requested by attendees.

I'd be happy to lead some monthly rides.  I live in the Tacoma area so most rides would be south or South east towards.  There is some great riding to be had also on the Kitsap Pennisula such as Mason like area, Hood canal, Seabeck.  Let me know the process, if there is a calendar to post a ride etc. 

Tony

Tony,

Your offer to lead/host a ride or event is appreciated!
Just get the basic details down - time-date/place/short description/length - and contact any club officer like myself or Charlie to get it on the schedule.

Tony said:
I'd be happy to lead some monthly rides.  I live in the Tacoma area so most rides would be south or South east towards.  There is some great riding to be had also on the Kitsap Pennisula such as Mason like area, Hood canal, Seabeck.  Let me know the process, if there is a calendar to post a ride etc. 

Tony

There are reasons one may want/need to cage it too this Ride to the Museum... it's is ok as this event is about the place more than the ride.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Surely there will be more showing up than just Dan and I.  I'm hoping to bring a guest, but if we only get three attendees we might start thinking these Northwest COGers are just a bunch of posers.  :p

Here's a link to the registration page. Let me know if it won't work for you.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=174603&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D10%2D18%27%7D

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Surely there will be more showing up than just Dan and I.  I'm hoping to bring a guest, but if we only get three attendees we might start thinking these Northwest COGers are just a bunch of posers.  :p

Here's a link to the registration page. Let me know if it won't work for you.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=174603&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D10%2D18%27%7D

Charlie, I was thinking hard about this until I saw snow forecast in the passes this weekend. How the heck are you any ways. I'm bugging Ralph for range time after the Bun Cooler. Tim

Hi Tim,
  I'm staying pretty busy these days, to the point I'm finding ways to double and triple-book myself.  Let me know when Ralph can show us a good time.  How's Chad's healing going?

Charlie, I sent you a PM on Ralph. Chad on the other hand went back to work this last Monday. Yeah! Still not a 100% but getting there.

For those who don't know, Chad is a shooting buddy of mine (and with another dues paying COG member) who I went to Camp Perry with in 2007. We have been known to share a few barley pops the night before a out of town match. (never so many to be affecting scores)

Charlie meet Chad at a John C Garand match 2 years ago when I let Charlie borrow one of my M1 Garands for the match. This summer Chad was on his 4 wheeler and rolled it at speed. Since he was behind his house checking a trail for his daughter to ride her horse to the county fairgrounds, he was not wearing a helmet. He was found by a couple on a walk at a unknown time after the crash. Chad spent several weeks in the Hospital with broken ribs and shoulder. A nasty hit to the head did some nerve damage with has affected mussels one side of his face and eyesight.

Chad had never beat my scores until I got injured/sick.

Has a good time and only ate one fat pill (donut) meeting Charlie NWAD, Roland, Dave, Rich at Kolby's prior to the ride (drive) three miles south to the museum.
Rich riding from the peninsula and Charlie from Bonney Lake get credit for bearing the rain tho it had let up by the time I got to the meet.
My camera was not focusing correctly so..... some images.....
Some very rare early motorcycles, plus every year of the knuckle head bought new.

Roland, Dan, Charlie
004.jpg

Dave, Dan,  Rich, Roland, Charlie
006.jpg

a JD on the lift, Steve started it up later
008.jpg

Another model on a 2nd lift that Steve also started for us
007.jpg

Charlie and Rich in the parts area
010.jpg

Steve, proprietor, getting ready to start the JD
018.jpg

Too many pics to post here so click:
http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x226/danodemotoman/NWCOG%20Ride%20to%20the%20Museum%2010%2020%202012/

P.S.: Remember that Pat @ Redline motorsports in Tacoma would like to do something for the riders at start of possibly at the end of a ride...  FYI......just in case...

:Woot_Emoticon:

OK Jo....
Yep, I forgot after I forgot to check it out!  :-[

Jo said:
P.S.: Remember that Pat @ Redline motorsports in Tacoma would like to do something for the riders at start of possibly at the end of a ride...  FYI......just in case...

:Woot_Emoticon:

What's up for November? Could go north, Diablo or lowlands as a Sumas run. In winter I suggest a posting for a saturday but if the weather shifts around, leave it open for sunday. It's hard to predict sometimes, even the day before. Daylight savings time approaches. This means it will be getting dark at 6pm or earlier. Also it's time for fall foiliage to be in the road, soon to be followed by sand! It's almost time for the MC Show!

Now that we have December sorted out, who's gonna be the go-to guy for November?  Chehalis or Sumas?  Or somewhere else?

I am waiting for Roland to commit to the schedule for Sumas for the Nov 3rd Sat.
Otherwise I will contact the Chehalis MC museum to schedule a club visit.

I'd be on for the Chehalis location as I live in NE Tacoma.  Sumas is a bit too much of a trek at this time of year unless I was to camp on the floor of my Daughter's place in B'ham which could be an option

Tony

Roland is hosting the ride to Sumas. A bit tricky with fall wx. Tho we have had a few good fall rides there. He plans on a Nov17, Sat, event but may make last day change to Sun. I will create event on calendar for him. We know it is a long ride for those south (like me).

I have a start of 9am to make it easier to get to and am predicting an arrival time of noon at Sumas if those from the great white north drop by. The route is mostly south after that. A lot has to do with weather this time of year. Unless there is a clear difference in weather, the ride is on saturday. Sunday there is a brunch till 2pm though. How is the interest in a Ressurrected Resolution Ride on January 1st? If you guys want to ride south of the Spaced-out Needle, go ahead and plan something. I have crossed the Narrows several times this year and taken 101 to Port Townsend and across and around Whidbey, another one would be to head south to Belfair instead. I could call Rich and talk him into BBQ in Kingston for lunch. You do have to gamble with weather this time of year. Dan P's weather liars predict a warmer winter this year so don't blame me, ha. Plenty of time to plan new stuff for next year. As long as the ride is interesting, the destination isn't all that important, even if it's just for ice cream, just pre-ride first. GPS doesn't cut it when leading a ride on new roads. Later dudes.

NOV 17  On the calendar:
http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=175704&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D11%2D30%27%7D

motovetro said:
I have a start of 9am to make it easier to get to and am predicting an arrival time of noon at Sumas if those from the great white north drop by. The route is mostly south after that. A lot has to do with weather this time of year. Unless there is a clear difference in weather, the ride is on saturday. Sunday there is a brunch till 2pm though. How is the interest in a Ressurrected Resolution Ride on January 1st? If you guys want to ride south of the Spaced-out Needle, go ahead and plan something. I have crossed the Narrows several times this year and taken 101 to Port Townsend and across and around Whidbey, another one would be to head south to Belfair instead. I could call Rich and talk him into BBQ in Kingston for lunch. You do have to gamble with weather this time of year. Dan P's weather liars predict a warmer winter this year so don't blame me, ha. Plenty of time to plan new stuff for next year. As long as the ride is interesting, the destination isn't all that important, even if it's just for ice cream, just pre-ride first. GPS doesn't cut it when leading a ride on new roads. Later dudes.

Anybody up for a ride this weekend, Saturday 11/10?  Saturday or Sunday works for me.  I live in the NE Tacoma area and would be happy to ride somewhere south, maybe towards Longbeach or we could go north and do some via the ferry system?  Whidbey?  I went out on Sunday this last weekend and it was great!  Headed out to Enuclaw via Green valley road and then on to Greenwater on 410E.  Let me know and we can coordinate.  My contact info:
Tony Picardo
253-439-8105
tonypicardo@nventure.com

Thanks

Duty calls this weekend and I get a chance to work for money, or I would jump at the chance.  Watch out for the wet leaves wherever you end up.  I drove back from Anacortes yesterday, and any side roads with trees near them had lots of wet leaves on them.  Come to think of it, pretty much any side road I've seen has been covered this past week.

Just thought I pass along some signs of the times. www.legendpowersports.com and Harley in Wenatchee is going out of business by the 15th. They will have a sale on saturday. They sell Harley, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. No more free hot dogs on the Cascade Loop!

Well Dang, means going to Moses Lake or Spokane for support. Maybe the Honda shop will pick up the other metric companies. No wonder when I called about getting the recalled rear brake pedal done they said to wait till spring. They did have an older Kawasaki mechanic who knew his stuff.

Tony,

I am planning on riding with the Oly RAT group.
It is a good group with riders of varied levels of spirited riding. Usually 4-6 riders so a small group.
They have always welcomed me on a Kaw or anyone else.
So want to join  the ride this Sat, Nov 10?
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/olyrats/message/3482

Tony said:
Anybody up for a ride this weekend, Saturday 11/10?  Saturday or Sunday works for me.  I live in the NE Tacoma area and would be happy to ride somewhere south, maybe towards Longbeach or we could go north and do some via the ferry system?  Whidbey?  I went out on Sunday this last weekend and it was great!  Headed out to Enuclaw via Green valley road and then on to Greenwater on 410E.  Let me know and we can coordinate.  My contact info:
Tony Picardo
253-439-8105
tonypicardo@nventure.com

Thanks

Hi Dan-
Sounds great.  I would definitely be interested in joining you.  I had a Triumph Tiger previous which I traded in for the Concours 14.  It was a bit unclear regarding the meet location and time.  Can you provide that information?  I have done the ride thru Dewatto out to Seabeck which is fantastic fun.  I would also be interested in other options on the ride as well such as heading out 101 towards Hama Hama

Tony
253-439-8105
tonypicardo@nventure.com

Dan-  I'd appreciate it if you could send a PM to me at my e-mail, tonypicardo@nventure.com, with the meet location and time.  I am not a member of that particular yahoo group and could not leave a message.  I'm up for meeting wherever the guys want to meet.  I live in NE Tacoma

Thanks, Tony

Popeye is in the boat.
Looks very wet Sat.

danodemotoman said:
NOV 17  On the calendar:
http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=175704&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D11%2D30%27%7D

motovetro said:

Water wet on you means white cold wet on the mountains right?
Tiz that time of year, but hoping you all get lots more riding in before the roads get either closed or
too slippery.

Keep warm and Enjoy!!

We'll see, getting 2 forecasts, but going downhill, aka The Slippery Slope. If it turns bad, change to Sunday. If both days are a washout, see you at the show or some other weekend. Still on for now.

You Jo?
Is this season some of the best riding temps 'down there'?

Jo said:
Water wet on you means white cold wet on the mountains right?
Tiz that time of year, but hoping you all get lots more riding in before the roads get either closed or
too slippery.

Keep warm and Enjoy!!

Hi Dan &  Charlie.
The southeast is getting into their best riding season, now that the high temps coupled with the high humidity is starting to fade away.
Had ride last weekend, my start temp was 38! Coming back it was 78 degrees, and nicely sunny.
Right now weather if very changing but fall here is like most of your late summers.
The number of great views from Puyallup definitely bet those from Floral City! 

:TPIWWP:

Sure, see you are making me wishing for Wa. again.
Pic for a pretty beach pic from Fla would be a lot different.

Do you want to see large concrete building and water (Daytona down to S. FL), or
dirty looking water with dockside old buildings (Tarpon springs n. to Tallahassee) or
"tropical" colored buildings on pretty, fine, white sandy beaches near Pensacola?
Such diversity.

Weather may turn bad overnight, How many are coming. If it looks bad I'll get the forecast later today and decide. I won't drive to Arlington in the car.