• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Raft Trip at the 2014 COG National Rally; Do we wanna do it again??

connie_rider

Wednesday, August 28 – Rally Day 3
■8-10am: Information Center and Registration open.
■8-5pm: Ride & Rafting Trip to Jackson Hole Wyoming

Several Months ago I started a discussion about a possible raft Trip we could do at this years COG National.
Colin (and team) approved it and put it on the 2013 COG National schedule.  (see above)

The original discussion has gotten quite long so I opted to send out this shortened version.
I'll attach a link to that discussion here: http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,35773.0.html

After negotiating/begging with Mad River rafting; the price has been reduced from $68 per person to $30 per person.

I told Mad River http://www.mad-river.com/ that I expect approx. 30 people to attend, and booked the event.
They told me that they can accomodate more,,,,  "if I tell them well in advance".
So, I need to get a count of who hopes to go Rafting with us... so that I can arrange additional rafts/guides.

Please; * send me a note at  ted@zggtr.org and tell me  that you plan to go radfting with us.
          * join in one of the discussions and ask any questions that you have!
          * (Even if you can't go Rafting with us), "DO" plan to go to the National in Idaho Falls. It's gonna be GREAT!!!!!  :))

NOTE: I'll add the information about this rafting Trip in my next notes.

Ride safe, Ted

Da plan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   

On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,,,,, We will oficially sign up for the Raft Trip,,, in the 2014 COG National Registration Area.
I tentatively told them I expect 30 people.....

NOTE: (To help me get a better count)
          Before the National if you plan to attend, "please" send me a note at ted@zggtr.org
          and say "count me in for XX people"....

I convinced them that COG is a non profit organization,,, cost will be approx. $30 per person (half normal price)
I arranged for the smaller (8 man) rafts as they will give us more action.

Form into small groups and leave the Motel on Wednesday (Aug 28) morning.
  NOTE: The Small groups aren't official, just form with people ya want to ride with, or anyone ya see that is going ,,, and GO!!
      Plan to have your side stands up at about 8:00 AM.

Ride to Jackson from there.
  (Ride time to Jackson approx. 1 1/2 hours).
  NOTE: If you leave Idaho Falls at 8:00 , you should have Extra Ride Time for playing/sightseeing approx 1 1/2 hours.

Gather somewhere for lunch in Jackson at 10:30---11:00 AM. (I will find a place and post it)

Be at Mad River Outfitter at 11:30. Do not be late!!!!  (I'll get the address)
Go to the Rafts at approx. 12:00.
Raft till about 3:00 PM.

After the rafting,,, Ride back to the Motel in Idaho Falls.
  Ride time to Idaho Falls approx. 1 1/2 hours.

Nuther' note: I'll continue to refine the plan until we go,,, send me yer suggestions if you have any...

Ride safe, Ted

I made a list of those that I think will be there..... 
I'll try to keep this list updated.

To help me, Please inform me if I missed, added anyone, or your plans changed.

2    Connie_rider    "Me"
  2    Bwilde
  1    Fartymarty
  2    Colin
  1    Gf-in-Ca
  1    Jr
  1    Notsluggo
  1    Jpavlis_Ca
  2    Ranger Jim
  2    D Gold
  2    Virtualdev
  1    Charlie_Gary_NWAD
  1    Motovetro
  2    Old Man on a Connie 
  2    Oldsawfiler
  2    Rev Rider
  3    Postrucks
  1    Tim R
  1    David F
  2    Paulie
  1    Tom V  (Gumby)
  1    Patrick K
  1    Eddie M
  1    Lane H
  1    Tony P
  1    Jay W
  1    ZG
  2    Ernie H
  1    Jim C
  1    Butch
  2    Snarf
  2    John C
  1    Chris F
  2    Jean W
  1    Robert B
  3    Chuck L
  2    Rasmith
  1    Brian M
  2    Bert L
  1    Roadrunner/Spikey
  2    Conversy
  1    Maren (shezonit)
  1    David S
  2    Cousin' Ted
  2    Brian (BIGBAD)
  2    Joe Siegel
  1    Mike D (Daytona Mike)
  2    Dan & Shirley A
  2    Abbe & Dan O
  3    Todd C
  1    YoTom
  2    Lisa H
  1    Marty G 

2  Don C   

25 27 30 36 38 39 40 42 43 45 47 48 51 54 55 56 58 59 60 59 61 63 65 66 74 76 75  76 75 76

79    Final Total    8/19/13 

Ride safe, Ted

The Ladies at Mad River sent me the names of 3 Restauraunts.
One is a Mexican Restauraunt, One is Home Cooking, and 1 is a Burger place.

(I'll Post the Restauraunt Names here)
  Sanchez (307-734-5407)- Very tasty, inexpensive Mexican joint with outside seating
  Nora's (307-733-8288)- Delicious down home cooking located at the bottom of the pass
  The Bird (307-732-2473)- Best burgers and deck in town!  Perfect fit for a large group

Does the group have a preference?

NOTE" I'm leaning towards the Burger Place as I'm afraid the other 2 might be a bit too heavy just before we go get in the rafts..... "AND" we may be a tad bit tight on time if we "enjoy" the riding too much between Idaho Falls and Jackson Hole...

Ride safe, Ted

PS: By the way, has anyone heard from Snarf??

I'll vote for the burger place, and you can add me to the list Ted. I will send you an email in a few.

I'll second the vote for the burger joint and raise the number of attendees to include The Intrepid CC (AKA: my lovely wife, Cindy). What kind of gear is the outfitter providing?

Ted, put me down for 2. The counterweight (she balances me) has decided to throw her $00.67 in. After taxes.

Hi Ted,
  I think I'm going to pull my AD card and delegate my participation in the river rafting to Tim R.  He's quite capable, unlike me.

Well dang it Charlie, there goes my plans for you.  :nananana: I agree the burger joint sounds like the place to stop and eat. Hot spicy food might go gurgle gurgle. 

Ok, sounds fun, add me to the list Ted!  :)

I vote for the burger place, not sure I want to eat Mexican food and then wear my thong swimsuit bouncing up and down over rapids...  :eek:  ;D

Sounds like we're gonna eat Burgers. I'll get the details and post the info.

I know that sometimes it's difficult to find someone to ride with at yer first National....
So,, Part of the reason were doing the Raft trip is,,  it seemed like a good way for the New Guys to meet and ride with us Oldtimers.

Bottom line is,, if yer a First timer at a COG National,,,, come Raft and Ride with us!!
  Heck we'll talk to anyone! We'll even talk to Old man on a Connie......
  (Jest don't tell our friends)  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Sounds like we're gonna eat Burgers. I'll get the details and post the info.

I know that sometimes it's difficult to find someone to ride with at yer first National....
So,, Part of the reason were doing the Raft trip is,,  it seemed like a good way for the New Guys to meet and ride with us Oldtimers.

Bottom line is,, if yer a First timer at a COG National,,,, come Raft and Ride with us!!
  Heck we'll talk to anyone! We'll even talk to Old man on a Connie......
  (Jest don't tell our friends)  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted
:)) :beerchug: :) Gotta catch me first. :rotflmao:

Looks good to me.
It sez 195 miles/3 hours.
Is that round trip, or Idaho Falls to Mad River?
If it's 3 hours 1 way, we may have to adjust our rafting time...

Explanation: The bike show is the afternoon of our Raft Trip, I want people to be able to get back in time to see the Bikes (so they can vote).

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Explanation: The bike show is the afternoon of our Raft Trip, I want people to be able to get back in time to see the Bikes (so they can vote).
Do ya think Jay will put his bike in the show?  :017:  ;D

Gumby said:
connie_rider said:
Do ya think Jay will put his bike in the show?  :017:  ;D

Hmmm... yes that could be a problem, I was hoping to do the show...  >:D
sdskja.gif

ZG said:
Gumby said:
Hmmm... yes that could be a problem, I was hoping to do the show...  >:D[/quote]

You could put your bike in the show, and ride two-up with Ted for the rafting. That would provide us an endless source of amusement.  :rotflmao:

JPavlis_CA said:
You could put your bike in the show, and ride two-up with Ted for the rafting. That would provide us an endless source of amusement.  :rotflmao:

:)) :)) :))

We do need a volunteer to drive the truck (cage) with Trailer to bring back any bikes that have a problem or the Rider drinks a little too much (err) liquid on the raft trip.
ZG, I guess we have  job fer ya....  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

I guess he'd better hope someone breaks down and needs a trailer ride back (fer instance Gumby)...
That person can drive.

See, there is always a solution....  ;)

Ok, back to the beggin'. We need more rafters......

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Looks good to me.

Ride safe, Ted
Round trip Ted. I think it's even steven both ways (upper leg/lower leg) but I'll check. The upper loop has the brewery tour on it. I'll pay for you to give a ride to ZG. Maybe we can donate proceeds to OTP. :beerchug:

Old Man on a Connie said:
connie_rider said:
Looks good to me.

Ride safe, Ted
Round trip Ted. I think it's even steven both ways (upper leg/lower leg) but I'll check. The upper loop has the brewery tour on it. I'll pay for you to give a ride to ZG. Maybe we can donate proceeds to OTP. :beerchug:

Maybe I'll just shine the Connie up and leave her for the show and then ride biatch with Gumby, that way I can be the designated beer drinker...  ;D :beerchug:

ZG said:
Maybe I'll just shine the Connie up and leave her for the show and then ride biatch with Gumby, that way I can be the designated beer drinker...  ;D :beerchug:
Seriously.jpg

Gumby... GREAT PICTURE!!
ZG,,, I like yer style....

Ranger Jim.
I think 36 is correct for now.
I ran completely out of fingers and toes. Soooo, I started using hair but there ain't e'nuff of that either)
Note that 1 person is crossed out.... (I left his name on the list in case he changes his mind)

Ride safe, Ted

I've been away far too long. It's rough. having to WORK fer a living!

I updated the list and the total is now 38 victims,,, err Rafters!
Yahoo!!!!!!!!    :great: :great:

BUT,, we need more people!!!!
C'mon and go with us!!    :beerchug:

Ride safe, Ted

Yahoo, another victim,,, err, Rafter.  :)
Doug, your in.

We're gonna have a blast.
NOTE: Neat trick: Holding "Old Man On a Connies" head under water,, helps yer raft go faster.....

Ride safe, Ted

PS: After negotiating/begging with Mad River rafting; the price has been reduced from $68 per person to $30 per person.

connie_rider said:
PS: After negotiating/begging with Mad River rafting; the price has been reduced from $68 per person to $30 per person.
Nice work Ted.  :great:

Yepp, for some reason,,,,, "someone" gave them the impression that we're Boy Scouts and deserve a Special Discount.  :great:
Fer the life of me,,,, I Cain't imagine where they got that idea..      O:)

<sneaky grin> 

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Yahoo, another victim,,, err, Rafter.  :)
Doug, your in.

We're gonna have a blast.
NOTE: Neat trick: Holding "Old Man On a Connies" head under water,, helps yer raft go faster.....

Ride safe, Ted

Awlright. I'm upping the bid on Teds house. I think I found a trump for the duck call. I got an official elvis stuffed jackalope AND a dogs playing poker on crushed velvet. I'll throw in the imitation gold flake semi distressed frame in for freebies. Only Minor nicotine stains. :beerchug:

You are really upping the ante, aren't you?  I'm gonna have to go out and look at my pile of stuff in my garage to see what I can do without.  ;D

Whatever the last bid was,,,, "I'll double it"!!  (Line from "Paint Your Wagon")

Hey,, wait a minute, what am I talking about?    It's my house!!

Ride safe, Ted

rbentdude said:

1 or 2 of ya Butch??
Was at the Wildflower Ride last weekend. Met several that have not heard about the National nor (more importantly) the raft trip.

Ya'll spread the word.  :104:

PS: Rite now, we have more people listed to go on the raft Trip than are Registered to be at the national.  :))
Hee, hee,,,,,    It's driving Colin Nuts!! <evil grin>    :41:
Keep them cars and letters coming!

Row, row, row,,, yer raft down the ("treacherous/rushing/wet/cold/crashing/white water)  Gently flowing streeeeeaaaaammmmm...  merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream............  :singing:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Register fer the National too....

Ok, I stand-under.  :-[

Tell her, my wife "and other wife's" will be there.
Tell her that the Rapids will not be monstorous.
  That late in the year, snow melt is done so not as much water moving.
  The Rafting Company (Madd River rafters)  sez there will be some rapids. They say their Level 3 (I think),
  but I suspect their stretching the Rapid "Rating" to encourage rafters.

We'll definitely have fun, but won't be thrown out of the Raft by the rapids.
On the other hand,,,, Old Man on a Connie, and Colin,,,,, are gonna get wet!!!   ;)

Ride safe, Ted

Pinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It's getting hot and someone must be thinkin' about how great it would feel to get in some nice cold water and cool off??
Well, if'n ya didn't,,,  ya should have!!!  :great:

I wuz bored, and decided I've been away far too long.
So, I thought it was time to send this out again.

We have 40 victims err COGGers that sed they would go Ridin' and Raftin' with us while we're in Idaho falls.

Who else wants to go with us??

Ride safe, Ted

John C sent me a note and wanted his (and a Buddies) name added to the fun.
We're up to 42!!!! Yahoooooooooooooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This is gonna be FUUUUuuuunnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

Keep them Cards and Letters Commin'  !!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I'm also working on a list of C.H.U.W. members that want to assist me in a special project. 
          <Evil grin>  "to hold Colins (and others) Head Under the Water"  ;)

Shouldn't it be C.H.U.W. Ted? And as long as the water has some, oh, let's say Scotch in it, I'm in voluntarily.  :)

Ok, ok, oooo-tay,,,, I was hoping you wouldn't see that.
(C.H.U.W.) Spelling has been correKted....

But actually, I didn't make a mistake. "I wuz just testing ya to see if'n you wuz watchin'...

I will be contacting the rafting service soon. (Mad River rafters)
Want to update them on our numbers. (To be sure they can handle this many Rafters).

I suspect that when we do the final/actual sign up (at the National) our numbers will change.
Until then,,, anyone that is interested in Raftuing with us,, DO LET ME KNOW!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Ok, I just contacted Madd River Rafting and got more info...

The good news is; this is still in effect....
After negotiating/begging with Mad River rafting; the price has been reduced from $68 per person to (approximately) $30 per person.

The other news is the (first) Raft Trip is "still" scheduled for 12:00. (AUGUST 28TH)
Explanation: Madd River can only accommodate 32 people in one time slot.
Soooo, I tentatively scheduled a second time slot for 12:30. 

(I'll work out the details when I see how many actually sign up at the National)..

Lastly; I "think" I can still get the discounted price for anyone that chooses to go at another time/day. 
Let me know (at registration) if anyone wants me to help you get this.

Now, I have a question.
Madd River offers 3 raft sizes. (Prices vary slightly by size).
They have us scheduled to be in the Biggest Rafts.
Note; Smaller rafts get more "Action".
I think I can get a assortment of all sizes.

Does anyone have a preference??

Ride safe, Ted

Da plan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,     

On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,,,,, We will oficially sign up for the Raft Trip,,, in the 2014 COG National Registration Area.
I tentatively told them I expect 32 people.....

NOTE: (To help me get a better count)
          Before the National if you plan to attend, "please" send me a note at ted@zggtr.org
          and say "count me in for XX people"....

I convinced them that COG is a non profit organization,,, cost will be approx. $30 per person (half normal price)
I arranged for the larger rafts, but can arrange for some smaller (8 man) rafts as they will give us more action.

Form into small groups and leave the Motel on Wednesday (Aug 28) morning.
  NOTE: The Small groups aren't official, just form with people ya want to ride with, or anyone ya see that is going ,,, and GO!!
      Plan to have your side stands up at about 8:00 AM.

Ride to Jackson from there.
  (Ride time to Jackson approx. 1 1/2 hours).
  NOTE: If you leave Idaho Falls at 8:00 , you should have Extra Ride Time for playing/sightseeing approx 1 1/2 hours.

Gather somewhere for lunch in Jackson at 10:30---11:00 AM. (I will find a place and post it)

Be at Mad River Outfitter at 11:30. Do not be late!!!!  (I'll get the address)
Go to the Rafts at approx. 12:00.
Raft till about 3:00 PM.

After the rafting,,, Ride back to the Motel in Idaho Falls.
  Ride time to Idaho Falls approx. 1 1/2 hours.

Nuther' note: I'll continue to refine the plan until we go,,, send me yer suggestions if you have any...

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:

Don't ya think a 1/2 hour for 30 people to have lunch is kind of pushing it?

Yea, you have a point.  Was primarily trying to suggest a schedule.

Kinda hard to plan for 40+ people  in an area I've never seen... So, I'm doing it by-guess and by-golly..
If it doesn't work, I'm blame it on Snarf or Old Man On a Connie, or "someone"....  :))

I'm not planning a group lunch. Everyone is on their own. I will post the restaurants again, that some have suggested...

While I'm thinking of it, I can't officially plan a group/led ride, but if people just happen to want to go the same way, I'm going.. GREAT!!
Actually, the Best way is for people to form into small groups and head that way.

If people have their side stands up at 8:00, should make it to Jackson before 10:00 but that's too early for lunch.
So I figured everyone can do as they please till splash time...

Bottom line is; be at Madd River in time to get on the rafts...

Ride safe, Ted

Ted - the 6 man rafts are the best. Don't know how big their biggest are, but usually they're oar boats where the guide handles the raft and you just sit there. The smaller boats, as you say, provide the best action because you have a paddle and you need to do your part.

You know my vote.  :)

Hi Jim. I've been watching your twist of the wrist. Got sleepy and had to take a break.
So, here I am.......

Yea, I think I'd prefer the smaller boat. But some prefer to do a more leisurely float.
I'll do what I can to arrange several options....

Ride safe, Ted

Update: I confirmed reservations for 32 for the 12:00 Noon Raft Trip.
NOTE: We have 45 signed up at this time (That want to go with us), but I don't think that all 45 will remember to pay/sign up at the National Registration.

Da Plan: If we do get more than 32, I've already made tentative arrangements with Mad River for the overflow to take the 12:30 Trip.

Below is the Confirmation.

Ride safe, Ted

SNAKE RIVER - 8 MILE WHITEWATER: 1 Day ID: 20130828-W8MIL-02

WED 08/28/13 12:00 P.M. Please meet at the Mad River Boathouse 30 minutes in advance of your departure. We are
located at 1255 S HWY 89, Jackson WY. (Broadway becomes Highway 89; head 2 miles south of the Town Square).

3:00 P.M. You will need approximately 4 hours for this trip from check in time to arrival back at the Mad
River Boathouse. You will spend approximately 2 hours on the river. The exact time will vary due
to river levels and conditions.

DETAILS COST PER ITEM TOTAL COST
32 adults    $28.80ea  Total $921.60
$921.60

Remarks
Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. There is a walk from the take out ramp to the bus up a gravel path that requires footwear. If you don’t have footwear that can get wet, we have rental booties available upon check in.
Please wear bathing suits and synthetic clothing if possible and avoid cotton. Synthetics tend to keep you warm when wet and they dry faster than cotton clothing. If you don’t have the proper clothing, we have rental wetsuits available upon check in. Sunscreen and sunglasses are highly recommended. Waterproof cameras are welcome on this stretch of the river - you never know when wildlife might make an appearance. If you don’t have a waterproof camera you can rent one before your departure.

Trip pricing includes all taxes and fees. Guide gratuity is not included.
Mad River

Sharon and I (Chuck) and possibly my sister in law Donna are in for the rafting trip. Do we need to do anything in advance to get in on the trip?
Also, we are arriving on the 24th is there a list for volunteers to man check in, make badges, lift barges/ tote bales etc. If so who do I need to let know we are available.

Hello Chuck, I'll add you to the list. (3)
As far as the rafting,,, Nothing to do before the National, excepy wait..  :mad:
After you arrive at the National go by COG Registration and sign up on the Official Rafting List.
(I'll have a place set up for everyone to officially Register and give me $$)
I'll use the offical List to make the final arrangements for the Raft Trip.

While your at registration fiind Colin or Fred. They will be able to tell you what needs doing to help set up for the National.
Until then, you could contact them. Go to the 2013 National Home Page and you can find a way to contact them there....

I just updated/added 5 to the list.
  Cain't believe it,,,, but we made it ta  "48"
Yahoo, this is gonna be fun! :beerchug:

Ah guess that ya'll know that 2 more would make it 50!!
Let's do it!!!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Make that 50!  Judy and I are in, and having done some whitewater rafting, the smaller rafts are much more fun.  Thanks, Carey

Didnt think to look here for National Activities. Been keeping an eye on the main thread..

Did we miss the boat to sign up?

Did we miss the boat to sign up?

Absolutely not.  :-\
At this point, I'm using this discussion to spread the word and gather a list of names of people (that are interested) in rafting with us.
If your interested, give me your name and how many. I'll add ya to the list..

I've been using this list to make the preliminary arrangements with Mad River Rafters.
Right now, we have enough people interested to completely fill 2 time slots.. (12:00 and 12:30)

The official sign up for rafting will be in the Registration area at the National.

To officially sign up,  as soon as you arrive in Idaho, go to COG Registration and re-sign up. (Sun/Mon/Tues)
Me, my wife, and/or someone will be there, collecting names and (probably) taking up cash.
I'll use that list to make the final arrangements with Mad River Rafters.
Wednesday we'll ride to Jackson Hole and get wet!!

For now, If your interested in rafting with us,,, let me know and I'll add your name to the list.
(If anyone wants to know who's signed up, The list is on the 3rd entry of this discussion)

Ride safe, Ted

Oh nooooooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You didn't tell me you were bringing Daytona Mike,,,, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh    :nananana:
Gloom, "There goes the neighborhood"...  ;)

Ok, I wuz lying. All are welcome,,, (I just had to pick on Mike).  ... I'll add ya to the list.
That brings the total to 51!!!!

See ya'll there  :great:
          Ride safe, Ted

Ok, I just heard that the Pool will be closed at the Motel in Idaho Falls.
So,, If'n ya wanna get wet/cool,,, come raft with us!  :)
Keep those messages and letters coming!

Ride safe, Ted

:mad: :mad:  Ok, Ok, you got two more.  My better half found out about the rafting from an unmentioned CHRISTY and informed me that if we were not signed up she would keelhaul me on the Connie over miles and miles of whoops with the suspension set to max sag and rebound.  It didn't sound like an "E" ticket ride at Disneyland for me sooo, I hereby capitulate to her demands  :021:

Where's the love man?

Bert

BertL said:
:mad: :mad:  Ok, Ok, you got two more.  My better half found out about the rafting from an unmentioned CHRISTY and informed me that if we were not signed up she would keelhaul me on the Connie over miles and miles of whoops with the suspension set to max sag and rebound.  It didn't sound like an "E" ticket ride at Disneyland for me sooo, I hereby capitulate to her demands  :021:

Where's the love man?

Bert

Ahh, more victims... <evil laugh>
  (From a guy that also knows who the boss is)!
Christy, keep em' coming....

Ride safe, Ted

Route map link (google maps). Look for PDF route sheet, GPX and streets and trips file on the rally web site under rides soon.
http://goo.gl/maps/dkQQT

Mark, thank you.    (I take back half the insults I just said about you).
NOTE To Brewery stoppers. On the trip back to Idaho, my wife (Judy) will stop at the Brewery with Truck/trailer (Vulture Wagon) in case some of you (i.e. Gumby)  "sample" too much...  :beerchug:

Ride safe, Ted >:D

Don't tell my wife, but I 've arranged reservations for 30 RAFTERS on "her" Charge Card. ($800+) ???

We currently have 54 signed up "on the list" (at the start of this discussion) but I have to give the Rafting Company 48 hours notice or pay it myself.
So, for now, I guaranteed 30 and told them to tentatively plan for 50+.
Rafts leaving at 12;00, 12;30, and possibly 11:30.

When you arrive at the National, be absolutely sure to get on the official LIST, (SO THAT I DON'T END UP "DIVORCED").

Having sed all of this,,,,, if your not on the list and want to raft with us. Let me know!
  (she has another charge card). "Ain't skert"
  We're gonna have a blast!  :))

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
NOTE To Brewery stoppers. On the trip back to Idaho, my wife (Judy) will stop at the Brewery with Truck/trailer (Vulture Wagon) in case some of you (i.e. Gumby)  "sample" too much...  :beerchug:
:rotflmao:

I'll try to stick to my one beer limit, but if it is hot no promises. I'm never against an escort home.  :great:

Thanks Judy,

Gumby said:
connie_rider said:
:rotflmao:

I'll try to stick to my one beer limit, but if it is hot no promises. I'm never against an escort home.  :great:

Thanks Judy,
Is Jay still sittin' pillion? :))

Is Jay still sittin' pillion? :))
NO WAY!

He is going to have to take a day off of polishing and taking pictures of his bike and ride the damn thing.  :rotflmao:

All Rafters, I NEED YOUR ATTENTION:
We have a small problem with the rafting plans.

The Rafting place contacted me. Said that we can not have the 12:30 time frame on Wednesday.. (only 2 slots available, others already booked
We have only 32 for the 12:00 timeframe on Wednesday. (All the slots that they have at 12:00)

NOTE: I cannot hold 50+ places until I have $$ in my hand (because we do not know if we will actually HAVE 50 PEOPLE).
          But I did hold 32, because I'm comfortable holding that many..

I'm working with them trying to figure outa plan.
I may ask for a time period on Tuesday.
I asked if people could come whenever they want and still get the discount price.

What are your thoughts? Would some of you want to go another time than Wednesday at 12:00?

Ride safe, Ted

Well, I can send you a check for my and the wife's places if that would help you. I would suggest trying to get another trip on another day.

Oops, I fergot to mention, I'm supposed to give them 48 hours notice, or pay the money myself.

Everyone that is on the list (at the start of this discussion) may not be able to attend.
So, My plan is to take up an official list of names at the National and send her the list.
I'm pretty certain we can get 32.
She'll work with me on the 48 hour thing if I get a few less.
We have 50+ that have expressed plans to go. THAT IS GREAT!!!!

I figure some won't attend, or forget, and some "might" want to raft on another day.
But, all would like to get the discounted price..  :great:
After negotiating/begging with Mad River rafting; the price has been reduced from $68 per person to (approximately) $30 per person. 

So' I'm trying to work out a plan.

PS: Thanks Jim, that won't be necessary. I can't (and don't want to) collect all the money in advance.
      People can't finalize until they know they will be at the National.
      So, I can't lock in 50 places, I'll do what I can and try to find a fair way for everyone.

My thought is to take names and a deposit "at" National registration on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. . (I'm thinking $20 a person Deposit)
      First to give me $$ and sign up will get the 32 spots. (With some sort of preference given to the people that have names on my list).
      The list is on Note 2 of this discussion, and I'm still taking names!! (hint, hint).

This is the COGdom. It will work out!

Ride safe, Ted

Thanks Mark. greatly appreciated.

In her last note: she offered me another 32 spots at 10:00 AM that morning.
    10:00 AM is do-able if people leave the Motel around 7:00 AM.
    I know 7:00 AM departure doesn't appeal to many.
    but there is an advantage: The advantage of the 10:00 AM raft ride is that it would assure that they could be back at the Motel in time for the Bike Judging.

It would help me if people would tell me if their interested in the 10:00 AM?

More later,

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
The advantage of the 10:00 AM raft ride is that it would assure that they could be back at the Motel in time for the Bike Judging.
Hey Jay, here is your ticket to be there with your baby for the judging. ;D

Just talked to the Rafting Company.
Waiting on a call back from the Boss..
Learned one thig so far.
  I don't have to give them 48 hours notice for a cancellation. (or pay for it myself)  :)

THEY WANT 72 HOURS NOTICE!!!!  :-\        arghhhhhhhhh  :mad:

(We won't know who's going rafting 72 hours in advance. heck, many won't be there 72 hours in advance....)

Need replies: Is anyone interested in rafting at 10:00 AM on the 28th, or rafting another day?

More later.
I will work this out!!  <sly grin>
Ride safe, Ted

soonerone said:
Count me IN....for one, anyway..
Thanks Jim

Jim, (I'm a bit confused) are you saying you want your name added to the List for 1 person?
Or, are you already on the list and willing to do the earlier raft Ride?
Can do whatever you say,  just clarify.

NOTE: The Boss Lady didn't call me back today.
So, I'll call her tomorrow and Rock the Raft a bit.....
    They have already forgot to reserve the 12:30 for us and haven't contacted me repeatedly. Guess I'll be a little firmer...

I'm concerned that the 10:00 AM raft trip would be too early.
I think I'll see if I can get a 12:00 AM on another day for 20+ Spots. (Either Tuesday or Thursday)

Whatever happens,,, we're gonna have a BLAST!! :))

Ride safe, Ted

Ted, I'll be there and can do any day of the rally except maybe Monday the 26th.  Thanks for working this out  :beerchug:

Ted,  You already have me down for the rafting so don't add another but you can put me on whatever time slot works best for others as I don't know anyone anyway.  Synopsis:  Stick me where it works best.

Robert

Hello Robert; Let me do a correction for you.
You sed:    doesn't matter when I raft "as I don't know anyone anyway"
Your wrong: Believe me,,, (this is the COGdom) you'll make friends "immediately".
                  Just say hello, I'm Robert, tell me about your bike,,,, and the rest will happen..
                  These guys are your best friends,,, that you haven't met (Yet).

When you arrive, come to registration and Officially sign up for the Raft trip. We'll give everyone a time to raft.
See my next note for a better explanation.

Ride safe, Ted

Raft Schedule,,,, handled!!    :))

I talked with Jessica at Mad River rafters and we worked out a plan..... Alle ist gut!

Da Plan:            The price is approx $30 (actual $28.80)  (1/2 price) and "please (because we're getting a deal) tip the Guide in your raft".
                          We have 32 Spots reserved for the 12:00  Raft Trip on Wednesday Aug 28.
                          (If we get more than 32 people), We have approx (30) "more" spots available for a 12:30  (special "COG Only" Raft Trip) on Wednesday Aug 28.
                                (If that doesn't work out), We have 20 more "tentatively" arranged for 12:00 on Thursday Aug 29.
                                    If someone chooses to Raft at another time,,  I can help them arrange the Raft Trip. (at the same discounted price)
                                    If you make your own arrngements at the Rafter,,, you wil have to pay regular price.

In all cases, When you arrive at the National, come to COG Registration and sign up for your Rafting slot.                             
                              At that time, I will assign you a spot/time, and take up a $20 deposit to assure your place in the raft.

To make this all work, I agreed to personally stay in touch with Jessica about the Raft Trip etc. (Don't tell my wife)

Info from Mad River: Please meet at the Mad River Boathouse 30 minutes (or more)  in advance of your departure.
                                                  We are located at 1255 S HWY 89, Jackson WY. (Broadway becomes Highway 89; head 2 miles south of
                                                  the Town Square).
                                You will need approximately 4 hours for this trip from check in time to arrival back at the Mad
                                                River Boathouse. You will spend approximately 2 hours on the river. The exact time will vary due
                                                  to river levels and conditions.

Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet.
                                                There is a walk from the take out ramp to the bus up a gravel path that requires footwear.
                                                If you don’t have footwear that can get wet, we have rental booties available upon check in.
                                  Please wear bathing suits and synthetic clothing if possible and avoid cotton. (SNARF, that means NO BIRTHDAY SUIT)  :-\
                                                Synthetics tend to keep you warm when wet and they dry faster than cotton clothing.
                                                If you don’t have the proper clothing, we have rental wetsuits available upon check in.
                                                Sunscreen and sunglasses are highly recommended.                                                  
                                                Waterproof cameras are welcome on this stretch of the river - you never know when wildlife
                                                might make an appearance.
                                                If you don’t have a waterproof camera you can rent one before your departure.
                                                Trip pricing includes all taxes and fees. Guide gratuity is not included.

YAHOOOOOoooooo,,,,,,,    WE're gonna have a BLAST!!!!  :))

Ride safe, Ted

Earlier comment on my part was poorly stated.  I should have said put me with which ever group of my future friends best serves the need of the whole.    Hows that?

This was added to the 2013 National Schedule at COG Online.
Pleasego there and look at it.    Let me know if you have any questions/suggestions.

"8-5pm: Ride & Rafting Trip to Jackson Hole"
http://concours.org/national/national-2013/pillion-pages

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rafting at Jackson Hole
Hosted by Ted Adcock

We decided to find something special for you to do at this years COG National.
It is NOT something that we do at most COG Nationals.

It IS a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to meet other COGgers.

It is NOT dull and boring.
It involves Riding/water/MORE Riding

It is a Whitewater Rafting Trip down the Snake River.

Rafting Trip: Will be on the Snake River in Jackson Wyoming.    (2 hour distance from the Motel)

The plan is simple….

Before the Rafting
■As soon as you arrive in Idaho Falls, go to COG Registration area, and sign up to go Rafting with us.
■Information and Maps will be available.
■Cost is $28.50 per person. (Half of standard rate)
■Then on Wednesday Morning:-
■Form into small groups and leave the Motel around 8:00 AM to head for Jackson Hole Wyoming.
■ Enjoy the scenery along the way as you pass the Grand Teton Mountains.
■If you don’t dally, your arrival time will allow you to do some sightseeing/shopping/riding and eat lunch before the Float Trip.
The Rafting
Ride your own pace and Arrive at the Outfitter before 11:30.  Outfitter will be (Mad-River Outfitters)

When you arrive at the Outfitters you will be given a safety orientation, issued life jackets, rafting gear, and taken to the launch point.

Then you go Raft the river with your COG friends, paddle furiously, have a few water fights, etc etc.

Rafting will be a “Two to Three Hour Tour”.  River has mostly Scenic sections with some Class 2-3 Rapids.

After the rafting “extravaganza”
■Form into small groups and ride back to the Motel in Idaho Falls (On another route).
■Enjoy the scenery along the way as you pass “closer” to the Grand Teton Mountains.
■ Stop at the Brewery to "evaluate" their Brews.
■Arrive at the Motel in time to attend the Town Hall Meeting and Murph’s Ice Cream Social.
If your interested in Rafting with us, contact Ted Adcock in advance,,,,, and let him know your interested.

For more details:  Go to the COG Online Forum Discussion Raft Trip at the 2013 COG National Rally.

MORE INFO:

NOTE 1: If you can-not raft with us on Wednesday morning, see Ted as he can arrange another day/time and get you the same COG discount.

NOTE 2: For extra safety we will have a Vehicle (with Trailer) at Jackson. (In case someone has bike trouble, is too tired for the return ride, or has tasted a bit too much of the “Samples” at the Brewery).

NOTE 3: We “specially” want the National First Timers to do this event with us.  It will be a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to get to know everyone!

Ted Adcock

Ride safe, Ted

That posting is in the COG Home Page:  :-\ 

SOOOooooo,,,  I had to be diplomatically Kooooorrekt.    O:)

I couldn't/wouldn't  say: Stop at the Brewery to "Drink Vast Quantities" of their Brews.  :beerchug:
                      "And" then get back on the bikes and ride to the Motel.  :singing:

Honestly; We really don't want anyone, drinking and riding. Just isn't safe.

By the way;;; Did I mention that my Wife will be bringing a trailer to haul bikes (and anyone that drinks too much) back to the Motel?  8)

Go back to the post. I koooooorekted it.....  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

I am not going to be able to make the rally, so cancel my raft trip. I've cancelled a room at rally central so one is available. Have fun, need a roof!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh    :-\  Yer gonna miss us.  ???

Ride safe, see you next year!
Ted

PS:    In a PM I just received,,, I got the "word" about another restauraunt/brewery that might be a good place for lunch.  I'll let you know when I know more....

Pinggggg,,,

Hey, I haven't had any more victims err rafters sign up in days.
Are ya'll gonna raft with us or not?
Ya can hold Snarf's and/or Colin's head under the water if'n ya want!

PS: I just talked to my favorite Cousin.
      I met him a few years ago at a COG gathering and "Immediately" knew he was my Cousin because he had the same name as me.
        WOW!!!!!!        Amazing!!
          Small world, huh??

2 COGgers meeting, never knew one another before,,,,  and found out that we're cousins!

yer gonna like this,,,

keep going

little bit more time

the suspence is killin' ya ain't it?

Yepp, his name is Ted!    :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted