• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SIMPLE LITTLE MOD

flying wasp

Bicycle
I was interested in the rear fender eliminator kit. I looked at the service manual on how to remove the rear fender and when I got to the point where it tells me to remove the fuel tank? I thought "why can't I just cut the fender off below the license light? I scribed lines along the angle of the license light about 1/2" below then took the dremel with a cut-off wheel and cut 1" below that just to remove the majority. Then used blue painters tape to lay along my scribe and carefully followed along the tape. Alittle sanding block to clean up the plastic flash along the cut and finished. The dremel cut-off wheel is for metal and it clogged fast with melted plastic...just had to slow it down a bit. Not really a fender elimination,but it does show off more of the rear tire.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 248
LOOKS spiffy, but if you ever put miles on in the rain, you may be sorry you cut it down...and your passanger will definatly hate you.
this bike has the worst rear protecting from tire sling i have had, and after an 8 hr "firehose" ride, i will say my trunk, and everything back there is always covered in muck and grit slurry.

There is also the issue of that goofy little red reflector that is removed. Here in B.C. it is one of the safety things that the Police will ding you for if it is missing. C:) Mind you, it is easy to stick on an aftermarket one!

Glenn said:
There is also the issue of that goofy little red reflector that is removed. Here in B.C. it is one of the safety things that the Police will ding you for if it is missing. C:) Mind you, it is easy to stick on an aftermarket one!

jeebus, he's running hyper lights back there that seem to be on, and if you look closely at his bags, he has huge adhesive reflective panels on them (look close) that would likely blind you when a light is shined on them.... :))

MAN OF BLUES said:
Glenn said:

jeebus, he's running hyper lights back there that seem to be on, and if you look closely at his bags, he has huge adhesive reflective panels on them (look close) that would likely blind you when a light is shined on them.... :))

I've been doing all I can to be SEEN! My days of black are are long gone. Once you realize your not going to a fashion show and just enjoy riding a motorcycle? Life get's easier. I was at Lowes today and at the register rack they had small red LED strobes for $8. Almost bought a few to stick all over my helmet.