• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Southwest Meet and Greet

Charby

It's on! Devil's Cut Meet and Greet in Springerville Arizona. September 7th and 8th. Ride the Devil's Highway. (Formerly Hwy 666 now 191). Average high temperature in the upper 70s so riding will be great.
Ride is posted on the Calendar so sign up now.
Hotel info: Reed's Lodge 514 E Main St, Springerville, AZ 928-333-4323 www.k5reeds.com  Rooms $69.99 very clean and large. Many have 2 queen beds so rooms can be shared. Ponderosa rooms $79.99 little newer and in back against the grass sitting area. Make your reservations soon. You can cancel your reservation 24 hours before with no charge if you can't make it.
Jet Fixer (John) and I will probably go up on Thursday 9/6 to get some extra riding in if anybody else wants to go up early.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

troymba

Moped
I've signed up but I have some things that may crop up throughout September and October that I can't avoid so hopefully I can make it. Duty calls sometimes.

OMoaC

Charby said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Registered. Come make fun of the Old Man. I'm working on a softball dunking booth.

Just don't wear your speedo again. :-\
It's my fave but OK. I'll get the back waxed. May have the counterweight talked into it. Anybody bringing the SO?

Charby

Charby said:
Registered. Come make fun of the Old Man. I'm working on a softball dunking booth.

It's my fave but OK. I'll get the back waxed. May have the counterweight talked into it. Anybody bringing the SO?

Mine will come as long there are some others. She didn't want to be the only responsible one there.

OMoaC

Charby said:
Charby said:

Mine will come as long there are some others. She didn't want to be the only responsible one there.
Right! Same here. Pretty sure she is in. Will advise.  :great:

c5dad

Tricycle
I'll put it on my schedule! I live in Morenci, so at the base. I'll be glad to help ride plan if needed since it's my back yard.  Let me know!

CaffeineMan

In the shadow of the Valley of Death
What we most need to know is where's the best place for lunch in Morenci/Clifton.  ;D

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
SoCal Riders will be coming!  Have not made reservations yet but will soon!! Great job Dan!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

OMoaC

Well, The counterweights plans got nixed due to the WWW at work (Wicked Witch of the West) so running solo. I will however offer free grandpa hugs to all women that show (good grandpa hugs not bad grandpa hugs  :))

CaffeineMan

In.  Reservations made.

R&J are caging along as well.  That means there's cargo space for Buffalo Trace.

:)

We are leaving Thursday and heading to Page, AZ for the night (via Hurricane UT, Fredonia AZ, Jacob Lake AZ) then on down to Springerville on Friday through Flagstaff and Payson.

Saturday ride will likely be the loop:  Down US-191 to AZ/NM-79 over to US-180, back north to Alpine.

:motonoises:

OMoaC

Please reveal travel Plans. Looking at leaving Hendo Thurs Morn and overnighting in Holbrook again. Into Springerville on Friday. Easy peasy ride. Flower sniffing and pi'ture takin'.

funsize

Please reveal travel Plans. Looking at leaving Hendo Thurs Morn and overnighting in Holbrook again. Into Springerville on Friday. Easy peasy ride. Flower sniffing and pi'ture takin'.

Mark, that sounds like fun!  I sure wish that Jorge and I could be there.  Four more years and I retire.  It can't get here fast enough!

Irene

OMoaC

funsize said:

Mark, that sounds like fun!  I sure wish that Jorge and I could be there.  Four more years and I retire.  It can't get here fast enough!

Irene
g
Hear ya sis. The left coast is beckoning.  :beerchug: ;)

CaffeineMan

What route are you taking to Holbrook?  And what route to Springerville afterwards?

OMoaC

CaffeineMan said:

What route are you taking to Holbrook?  And what route to Springerville afterwards?
Prolly 66 to Flag and slab to Holbrook. I have to look at the route to Springerville. What you thinkin'?

CaffeineMan

CaffeineMan said:
Prolly 66 to Flag and slab to Holbrook. I have to look at the route to Springerville. What you thinkin'?

I was just wondering if I'd run into you (bang! :D) on my way to Page on Thursday or to Springerville on Friday.  I'm going north through Utah to Page, so I'll probably miss you there, but we might run into each other depending on how much wandering around you do on Friday.

On Friday for me it will be Page->Flag->Payson->Pinetop-Lakeside->detour to Big Lake->Eagar->Springerville

There's a tiny stretch of Butler Gold on 261 from Big Lake to Eagar.

OMoaC

CaffeineMan said:
CaffeineMan said:

I was just wondering if I'd run into you (bang! :D) on my way to Page on Thursday or to Springerville on Friday.  I'm going north through Utah to Page, so I'll probably miss you there, but we might run into each other depending on how much wandering around you do on Friday.

On Friday for me it will be Page->Flag->Payson->Pinetop-Lakeside->detour to Big Lake->Eagar->Springerville

There's a tiny stretch of Butler Gold on 261 from Big Lake to Eagar.
:great: :beerchug:

Motomaniac

Mark, I may be able to join you in Las Vegas on Wednesday...spend a night at a fine resort and ride with you Thursday....I also could meet you in Kingman on Thursday and ride with you the rest of the way to Holbrook. Have to find out who else is coming out from California. What ever way we get to Springerville it looks like a very fun weekend! Looking forward to it!!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:    :great:

OMoaC

Rusty said:
Mark, I may be able to join you in Las Vegas on Wednesday...spend a night at a fine resort and ride with you Thursday....I also could meet you in Kingman on Thursday and ride with you the rest of the way to Holbrook. Have to find out who else is coming out from California. What ever way we get to Springerville it looks like a very fun weekend! Looking forward to it!!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:    :great:
Kewl!

OMoaC

Charby said:
15 registered so far. Any Significant Others coming? Mine doesn't want to be the only one!
Counterweight is out due to the J O B. You get my email?

ping jockey

Were out. really would like to go but we are two weeks riding in and around the Sisters NorthWest Regional in a couple weeks and both events are too close together

redline

I'm coming, no way i miss out  :D

I'll be leaving from Albuquerque around 2 pm on that Friday.
If anyone is going from here and hook up, let me know

Looking forward to seeing ya'll

Ted

OMoaC

Awesome Ted  :great: I was peaking at a map today between conference calls (well, truth be told during  :-X) Looks like an overnight somewhere in the prescott/sedona area may be nice for a Thursday layover. Ride that Bagdad roller coaster again then in through sho low? Whaddya think Russ, C'man? https://goo.gl/maps/fkZt6n968TN2

redline

man, i wish i had the time to get lost for a couple more days and hang with you all..... it's been a while since I've been out that way

Ted

OMoaC

Cali Cruiser said:
This overnight part- is that camping or Motel stuff?
I'm old. I pay for a mattress, porcelain and AC. A coffee maker is a plus, an ice machine is required and a Jacuzzi or a pool is a 5 star Michelin rating. I'll camp if I have to. I don't have to.

Motomaniac

Camping is fun!!! Though.... I would rather be like Mark and stay in a Motel with all the fun stuff that Mark called out! Plus a refrigerator is nice too!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

OMoaC

You guy's call it. Your doing more miles than me. If'n ya wanna hang in the prescott/sonora ao Thursday night I can set it up. Then into Springerville Friday. You lemme know. That Bagdad road is a doer though. Great drops and rises through the arroyos and twists and turns. It's a roller coaster ride. Then a big blast with an altitude adjustment into Prescott. Great stuff. The run through to Show low looks like fun too.

CaffeineMan

Awesome Ted  :great: I was peaking at a map today between conference calls (well, truth be told during  :-X) Looks like an overnight somewhere in the prescott/sedona area may be nice for a Thursday layover. Ride that Bagdad roller coaster again then in through sho low? Whaddya think Russ, C'man? https://goo.gl/maps/fkZt6n968TN2

I'm out on that option.  My plans have already been made for me to stay in Page on Thursday night, but I think you guys should go for it.

Gscott

09 C14
Old man, might be able to ride up Friday morning and meet you in Prescott and ride over to Payson with whoever shows up.
At least this is the way I assume you to be going, having trouble with google maps roads not showing unless zoomed in real close.

JPlug

I'm planning on staying at my sisters house in Show Low Friday and Saturday. Would like to meet & ride with you guys over the weekend. I live in Mission Viejo, Ca.

frosty65

Saturday, Sept 8 is the annual pie festival in Pie Town, NM about 60 miles east of Springerville. Just sayin... ;)

Charby

Valves adjusted.
New Delkevic slip on.
ECU is on it's way back from Ivan.
Rusty and Jet Fixer will be there.
............. Anybody bringing bail money? :eek:

OMoaC

Charby said:
Valves adjusted.
New Delkevic slip on.
ECU is on it's way back from Ivan.
Rusty and Jet Fixer will be there.
............. Anybody bringing bail money? :eek:
I'll be 2 miles up the road if you need me,  :beerchug: :) :)) :))

OMoaC

Booked a room for Thurs night in Prescott at the Motor Lodge. What do you suggest for Friday morn Scott?

Gscott

09 C14
Booked a room for Thurs night in Prescott at the Motor Lodge. What do you suggest for Friday morn Scott?

What time do you want to leave Prescott?
Anybody riding to Prescott with you?
I suggest (if you want to eat breakfast or lunch full menu anytime) Backburner family restaurant in Prescott Valley close to 89a the road to Jerome.
So take 89a thru Jerome to 260 thru Camp Verde to 87 to Payson, then pick up 260 to Springerville right at 250 miles.
If this sounds like a plan let me know, if you have other ideas lets hear them.
We can meet at your motel or the Backburner just let me know which one and what time as I have about 100 miles to get there the short way or 150 miles the fun way!

OMoaC

Gscott said:

What time do you want to leave Prescott?
Anybody riding to Prescott with you?
I suggest (if you want to eat breakfast or lunch full menu anytime) Backburner family restaurant in Prescott Valley close to 89a the road to Jerome.
So take 89a thru Jerome to 260 thru Camp Verde to 87 to Payson, then pick up 260 to Springerville right at 250 miles.
If this sounds like a plan let me know, if you have other ideas lets hear them.
We can meet at your motel or the Backburner just let me know which one and what time as I have about 100 miles to get there the short way or 150 miles the fun way!
Sounds good to me. Hope to have a few So Cal folks along. Probably not to early. It's what about 4/5 hrs from Prescott to Springerville? Meet up at 9/10A? Get into Springerville around 3?

mjroelofs

Mini Bike
Registered with COG and reserved hotel.  First event with the SouthWest COG. :)

I'll be heading up early on the 7th from Sierra Vista, AZ heading up Interstate 10 then getting on HWY 191 all the way up to Springerville and heading back early on the 9th.  If anyone wants to link up on the way up please let me know. 

Looking forward to finally meeting everyone! 

~ Mike

OMoaC

Saint_Arc said:
Registered with COG and reserved hotel.  First event with the SouthWest COG. :)

I'll be heading up early on the 7th from Sierra Vista, AZ heading up Interstate 10 then getting on HWY 191 all the way up to Springerville and heading back early on the 9th.  If anyone wants to link up on the way up please let me know. 

Looking forward to finally meeting everyone! 

~ Mike
Suhweet! Looking forward Sir!