• *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • FORUM NAME - If you are a COG member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum, you can request it to be changed. To request a name change, send an email to IT@Concours.org. Include in the email your COG member number, incorrect forum name and correct forum name. Your request will be processed in order of receipt and at volunteer speed.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tim doing ok?

Daboo

Staff member
Our youngest daughter has a lot of medical issues. She's drinking sparkling water infused with nano-sized cannabidiol (CBD) molecules. It's the other major ingredient in cannabis (THC being the other). CBD doesn't make you high though. It just helps with the pain.

Chris

rsaun00

Positive thoughts coming your way Tim and Richard. Keep improving! I want to see you at the next Bun Cooler Tim!

Last edited:

Tim R

Staff member
Thanks, I need a good ride.

I don't want this to turn into a alternative pain relief thread. Yes Charlie I have some good drugs to help with pain when NEEDED. Using these have become rare. Somethings are just not for me. And BTW I don't drink a lot either. I like a cold beer when its hot but it's not the highlight of the day.

I have not condemned anyone for using what ever they feel comfortable with for pain relief. I would expect the same for what I use.

My friend Chuck who survived stage 4 pancreatic cancer, also suffered a brain injury in a auto accident. This was prior to me meeting him. Chuck has been a God send helping me deal with what I'm going through. Chuck has educated me on the alternatives now available. And like others it helped him. But the fact remains it is my choice. I am of German descent and like my mom, I can be very hard headed.

That all said, I think the bigger problem is the mountain on fire across the river south from me. I feel sorry for those loosing their homes and property. I doubt the fire will jump the Columbia river where I'm at because prevailing winds come from the west. The wind that pushed this fire came out of the north a few days ago. Since then the wind has been calm.

The fire victims are the ones that could use the thoughts and prayers.

ZXtasy

There you go again, thinking of others! Glad you are feeling better, I saw a red C-14 go through town yesterday alongside a cruiser with apes...thought of you and wished you were out for a healing ride. Yea, many of my family up there was evacuated, and one of my wife's lifelong friends lost her ranch up on Dyer Hill. Al her animals survived but no hay or water yet. We are not out of this yet....

Cookie

Tim,
Hang in there and keep fighting. It's not a pleasant experience. There are many different chemo agents that treat the many different cancers. Each one works differently. The results and side effect do vary between patients. Even though I'm in my second battle in 8-1/2 years, I will not tell you I know what you're going through. The odds are low that it will be the same. I know what it did to me the last time around, and it wasn't fun. It did work for a while, but I was told from day one that it would be back. They were correct about that, damn it.

If you do feel good enough, get out and ride. I found riding to be my best treatment for the mental battle that comes with cancer. One's own mental state can be your worst enemy some days. You won't be upbeat and positive every day. There will be many folks that will tell you you have a positive attitude, but very few of them have been on your journey. Some days will suck to the nth degree. You will be depressed. Recognize what's going on, but shake yourself out of the mental funk. That's where a good twist of the right wrist will beat back the demons in your mind. Feel the power of your motorcycle surge throw your body and help regain the focus needed to fight your enemy.

It breaks my heart to read about others, especially COG members, who are going through cancer. I'm sending healing thoughts your way. Remember, there are many others in worse shape than us. Every visit to the cancer center confirms that for me.

May we both beat this stuff back so we can do a ride together sometime in the future. There are to many good roads to ride to let this stuff get in the way.

Tim R

Staff member
Thanks for the advice. I do know the 900 runs a bit better after weight loss. Lately the weather and or smoke has kept me in doors.

I have not lost much hair, I am looking for an excuse to get a hair cut and my cancer beard trimmed.

Tim R

Staff member
Update: Made it home from Centrail Hospital yesterday. Feel pretty good today. Might have to take a bike out because it looks like its going to be fall starting tommarow.

Chemo put me back in the hospital with a long ambulance ride fronm Brewster to Wenatchee. Not recommended if one can help that. So ll the doctors I have been dealing with said I am now done with chemmo. It seems Chemo is beating me up pretty bad and any benifit is over shadowed by it messing with my heart health.

The next step will be go back to UW and get put back together. I look foreward to that. Having a bag is no fun.

Enven though I feel good, doing the IHOP would cause an domestic at my house so I will stay home. I have to regain some strength back along with some endurance. I see light at the end of this tunnel and have to thank everyone for the support. I'll be back in 2021.