• Do you want to post in the COG forum? Join the club (free limited trial membership available) or upgrade/renew your membership to enjoy full posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Who has the best prices on tires these days?

Fred H.

Administrator
Just curious where you guys are ordering your tires from these days and who has the best prices?

kzz1king

Thanks. Had never used Sport bike before . I priced RS 3s at Chaparral,Sport bikes, Motorsports and RevZilla. All were 263 a pair except RevZilla at 347. Not sure why that is.
Cycle gear is also at 348. Maybe I am looking at 2 different tires?

arjay2

Been ordering from American Moto Tire.

Just tried 2 Wheel.

They seem to be cheaper than the other for the same item.

Fred H.

Administrator
I just got a set of Metzeler Roadtech Z8's from Revzilla for $260.

My front tire arrived today and has a date code stamp of 05/2021 so apparently Metzeler is still making these tires alongside their other Roadtech series tires. That's good news, because these are great tires at a pretty low price, and they really stick in the wet.

Last edited:

kzz1king

I just got a set of Metzeler Roadtech Z8's from Revzilla for $260.

My front tire arrived today and has a date code stamp of 05/2021 so apparently Metzeler is still making these tires alongside their other Roadtech series tires. That's good news, because these are great tires at a pretty low price, and they really stick in the wet.
What spec are you using Fred ?

texas.devops

Eager Upshifter in SW Houston
I've been pleasantly surprised at the prices on Amazon. ~$180 for a set + $55 to mount & balance the rear I have new ContiMotions on front+back and they seem to handle just fine. I hit 140 this weekend (on a closed circuit of course) and had no stress. No scrub-in required.

I did notice that the 190 Continental is visibly narrower (by about 1/4") than the 190 Battlaxes, but I'm happy to have the fresh meat on the ground. They seem stickier and I feel more confident with these than I did with the Battlaxes.