• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

who's coming from where?

pslshawn

Since my first COG Nat. is quickly approaching (and I'm not yet an LD/touring aficionado like a lot of you guys/gals), I'm intrigued by who is coming from where.

Anyone riding more than 2k to get there....(trailering doesn't count, although I would love to hear from them too)?

Better yet....anyone riding more than 2k 2-up?

I'm bustin' at the seams for this Nat. experience! :D :D :D   

Guess I'll be the first to reply, so ya'll can abuse me and get it over with.
Coming in from Houston w/Trailer. (Yes, I know I'm a sinner)  :-X

Bringing 2 Connies. (1 for me and 1 for the Over the Pond Traveler)
14 years with COG, think this is my 8th or 9th National.

Ride safe, Ted

Coming in from Parker, CO (suburb of Denver).  Trip will be about 1,600 miles each way.
I'll be trailering because my daughter is coming along and we're bringing her R3 as well as my Connie.
Was going to ride - but when she bought her bike, plans changed.

Ontario, Canada for me.  2000km each way. Probably a little more because I am detouring to ride the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way down.

Did I mention I'm bustin at the seams for my first COG Nat. experience?  :D :) :D :)

Ted - unless you are such a bad a** that you can ride 2 at the same time, you have a good excuse for trailering...and you are loaning one of them to OtP no less.  I hope you have time to chat during the week....I sat down with Cliff and Randy at the Frogleg in Feb. and thoroughly enjoyed hearing about their touring exploits...same with Fais.

notsluggo - I thought I read on another thread that she just recently got that bike...will this your first father/daughter trip?

ConnieUSA - I really appreciate the offer, but I have been planning to ride up saturday morning for a while now just to get settled before 'monday madness' starts.  I'm hoping to get in with enough daylight to sent up camping gear (since I'm also not a camping aficionado yet  :-[)

Throttle 8 - you are the 'LD Cup' winner so far!!!  Ride safe and I'd like to hear about your trip.   

Shawn said:
ConnieUSA - I really appreciate the offer, but I have been planning to ride up saturday morning for a while now just to get settled before 'monday madness' starts.  I'm hoping to get in with enough daylight to sent up camping gear (since I'm also not a camping aficionado yet  :-[)

That sounds like a good plan. We will see you there on Monday. :great:
BTW, this is my first National and I am 'busting at the seems as well' :)

Shawn said:
Throttle 8 - you are the 'LD Cup' winner so far!!!  Ride safe and I'd like to hear about your trip. 

Buy me a beer in Helen and I will tell you all about it. lol! :beerchug:

ConnieUSA said:
Shawn said:

That sounds like a good plan. We will see you there on Monday. :great:
BTW, this is my first National and I am 'busting at the seems as well' :)

You will certainly see me Monday...I spoke to the 'Goddess of Connie' at the 'Temple of Connie' last night (ok, so I was just in my garage talking to my bike) and asked her to watch over all the Nat. goers (including the non-Connie riders).

Throttle 8 said:
Shawn said:

Buy me a beer in Helen and I will tell you all about it. lol! :beerchug:

I'll buy two or three Dave...it may take a while.

Shawn, I'm only coming a little over 300 miles, but this is my first National and I've been working 7 long months getting my 1987 Connie up and running safely so I can attend this. Yes, I'm really busting at the seems and I'm doing the whole camping a Yonah with a tent and all Very very Excited.

Well, according to Spotwalla, I'm coming from Dezhou, China (that outa get me a mileage award!  :motonoises:)

In reality I will be coming from Madison, WI, but I am planning to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway around Fancy Gap and take the scenic route into Helen. 

Shawn said:
notsluggo - I thought I read on another thread that she just recently got that bike...will this your first father/daughter trip?

Her first rally, my second.  She's been a passenger since she could reach the pegs - but this is her first motorcycle (she is 27).

Scattered-Smothered said:
Shawn, I'm only coming a little over 300 miles, but this is my first National and I've been working 7 long months getting my 1987 Connie up and running safely so I can attend this. Yes, I'm really busting at the seems and I'm doing the whole camping a Yonah with a tent and all Very very Excited.

Happy to hear your hard work paid off and you got her ready in time.  I'll be at Yonah all week so I'll look you up.

notsluggo said:
Her first rally, my second.  She's been a passenger since she could reach the pegs - but this is her first motorcycle (she is 27).

That's awesome Bill.
My daughter is only 4. My wife and I both ride and we are teaching her now on a CRF50F, still on training wheels.
We can't wait until the little one can ride with us.  :motonoises:

ConnieUSA said:
notsluggo said:

That's awesome Bill.
My daughter is only 4. My wife and I both ride and we are teaching her now on a CRF50F, still on training wheels.
We can't wait until the little one can ride with us.  :motonoises:

That is awesome Bill!  My daughter is 3 1/2 and I'm 55...so being 'a late in lifer', I can only hope the Good Lord above gives me enough years  to see her interest flourish, and maybe help her with her endorsement and first bike.  Right now she just loves everything about the bike and its always '20 questions' everytime I'm working on it.

MotoWojo said:
Well, according to Spotwalla, I'm coming from Dezhou, China (that outa get me a mileage award!  :motonoises:)

In reality I will be coming from Madison, WI, but I am planning to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway around Fancy Gap and take the scenic route into Helen.

So what kind of temps do you expect leaving out of Madison?  Enjoy the BRP!

I see that many of you are first timers.
here is a word to the wise from a multi national goer. (ie; Old timer)

Sign up as a first timer at registration, go to the newbie discussion's, and meet and greet meetings.
Put your name on the group forming lists at registration.
Shake hands, introduce your selves, and don't be afraid to get into parking lot/camping area discussions.
There will be lots of lie swapping and bench racing going on... Everyone is welcome to join in.
Bottom line,,, Do join in, and your first national will be all the better!

Reasoning: Sometimes the new guys go out to their bikes in the morning expecting to get invited to ride with a group.
                This is a social event. The Old Timers (ie; A______s like me) are busy meeting old friends and forming up to get on the road.
                So, sometimes,, we forget the new guys,,,, and the newbie is still there waiting as folks ride away.
                It's not that your not wanted, it's just that everyone is seeing friends and getting on the road.
                If you haven't already formed a riding group, step up and say hello when you see a group forming.
                Ask if there is room for one more.
                Oh, and DO ride with the other Newbies.
                        (To heck with the Old timers. Form your own group!)

Lastly; If all this fails, find me. I'll ride with ya...

See ya'll in Helen.
Ride safe, Ted

PS: (Unlike certain Presidential Candidates), I admit my sins.
      So, I can't hide behind hauling 2 bikes.
      If I only had the one bike, I'd still trailer, because that is how my Wife and I like to travel to the Rally's.
          Yes, I know I'm a sinner...
              But, I'll be there!!

Shawn said:
So what kind of temps do you expect leaving out of Madison?  Enjoy the BRP!

I'll be leaving on the 17th and the high in Madison is supposed to be 81.  However, it will probably be closer to the upper 60's when the side-stand comes up. 

I noticed several people talk about their children... my 13 yr. old son will be riding with me.  This will be his 3rd straight COG National.  He's already talking about riding his own bike to the Nationals in 3 years.  :motonoises:

MW

Good advice connie_rider! I am coming down to meet people and ride some amazing roads.
MotoWojo, I should be on the BRP by the 18th, if you are in the area we might be able to meet up for the ride into Helen.

connie_rider said:
I see that many of you are first timers.
here is a word to the wise from a multi national goer. (ie; Old timer)

Sign up as a first timer at registration, go to the newbie discussion's, and meet and greet meetings.
Put your name on the group forming lists at registration.
Shake hands, introduce your selves, and don't be afraid to get into parking lot/camping area discussions.
There will be lots of lie swapping and bench racing going on... Everyone is welcome to join in.
Bottom line,,, Do join in, and your first national will be all the better!

Reasoning: Sometimes the new guys go out to their bikes in the morning expecting to get invited to ride with a group.
                This is a social event. The Old Timers (ie; A______s like me) are busy meeting old friends and forming up to get on the road.
                So, sometimes,, we forget the new guys,,,, and the newbie is still there waiting as folks ride away.
                It's not that your not wanted, it's just that everyone is seeing friends and getting on the road.
                If you haven't already formed a riding group, step up and say hello when you see a group forming.
                Ask if there is room fro one more.

Lastly; If all this fails, find me. I'll ride with ya...

See ya'll in Helen.
Ride safe, Ted

Thanks Ted. Really appreciate the tips.  :beerchug:
See you there.

Look Ted someone appreciates you.  Course he hasn't met you yet so does that count.  I guess my seams are busting too but mostly cause I eat and drink to much.  Ride safe all.  See you there.

Not So Wild Turkey said:
Look Ted someone appreciates you.  Course he hasn't met you yet so does that count.  I guess my seams are busting too but mostly cause I eat and drink to much.  Ride safe all.  See you there.

Yea, and (yer rite) they don't know me yet.  :rotflmao:

Shhh, don't tell em' we used to be Newbies too...

Ride safe, Ted

Iam leaving from Traverse City Michigan. Will be following Stan with Randy in tow.
We have no idea how far it will be.

Total non-conformist here. I'm trailering in about 40 miles, yes, 40 miles,  but I'm camping in the trailer when I take the bike out!  :))

Coming from Denver, CO. But I'm turning a 1400 mile trip into a 2000+ miler - at least on the way out  :)

Sorry Throttle 8, you've been over-taken by BerndV!!  :rotflmao: :nananana:

Ted, thanks for the great advice...I've never been known to be shy.

Throttle 8 said:
MotoWojo, I should be on the BRP by the 18th, if you are in the area we might be able to meet up for the ride into Helen.

Throttle 8 - I'm hoping to get on the BRP around 1:00 pm on the 18th.  My brother will be riding with us, so there will be two C-14's, one black and one silver.  Once on the parkway we're planning on taking our time and enjoying the road.  I'll keep my eye out for you. 

MW

Hmmm, interesting....
My first National I had quite a few people coming up and saying "You must be that Dave guy"
Well, I did have $2000 worth of the brand new 2 bike logo merchandise with me... Might have had something to do with it...
And a few might have recognized me from a picture in the Concourier...
The rest, I figure it was my.. ummmm... unique forum personality they come to love...  :nananana:

I will be coming from Lafayette, In. it is right at 600 miles one way. See you all there.

Henderson NV from the left coast. Just over 2k. 4th and 5th CtoC (close to coast anyway). Leader of the SW hoards. 4 days out, 4 days back. C U all in Helen. All you FNG's look me up. I'll shake your hand and take a pic. There's a reason I do this. These people are friggen awesome. Except Ted. I friggen love Ted. Bring yer squeezins bruhdda. :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :)

First, I'm amazed Ted typed that much given that he uses one finger to type. 

I'm trailering about 200 miles to get there.  It's just too far for me to ride in one day.

That plus I gotta boat load of first timer crap to bring.  You need to come see me on sunday for the REAL scoop on the rally

I'm bringing two bikes too.  I want to use my China bike on the adventure ride on Wednesday. 

There's going to be so much to do.  It's going to be a great time!

Hey, I'm improving.
I use 1 finger on each hand.  :nananana:

Now, who else is coming?
How about you Old Guys??

Ride safe, Ted

Trailering from Muncie IN to Conyers, GA. Dropping the kid and the trailer at his Uncle/Aunt's (my sister) house while the wife and I unload the bikes and stay over Sunday nite then ride the bikes to Helen on MOn.

HUB my Wingman, Dolores my better half. and I are coming from El Campo, TX (well, Hub is coming from Kerrville, TX to El Campo first) so it should be about a 1000 miles to get there if we follow main roads.  But we are prone to detours and sillyness.
Hub... "Hey look!  The world's largest french fry 200 miles that way." 
Me... "Cool, let's check it out."
Dolores... "Where are you going now?  I'm going this way."
Pflash (my dog riding in the car with Dolores)... "Bark! Bark, bark!"
Me... "Ok, We'll catch up to you later."

Lord willin', we'll get there before the banquet.  Leaving here next Saturday early.

Thanks for all the posts guys…they have not been in vain…I have mapquest’d each and every city you guys are coming from to get an idea of terrain, highways and byways…it really doesn’t matter whether you are riding or trailering…you are still on the road and at risk.  This mapquest thing is just a little ‘virtual reality’ thing that I do.  Plus, it’s been raining a lot in south fla so I haven’t gotten much of a chance to get out and ride lately.

I posted something similar to this back in Jan. when I joined COG, but it is worth repeating (without starting a new thread).  I hope a lot of folks on the forum have the opportunity to read this….

All joking aside, I purchased my ’14 in the fall of ’15 and rode it around for a while and then had a chance meeting with Fais and Sailor_chic at a dealership in south fla. In Jan of this year.  I joined COG less than a wee k later.  I instantly fell in love with both of them because of their obvious passion for bikes and their enthusiasm for COG, but I honestly didn’t expect it to go very far.  Life is busy and I thought my interest in COG would fade, I wouldn’t like the people, etc, etc.  Little did I know that 6 months later I would be attending a COG National Rally….an event I haven’t had this much excitement for since I was an 8 year old waiting for Christmas Day.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t live the life of a shut-in, but biking is something that I always did pretty much solo because I never had many friends that rode.

I am on the forum a lot.  You will not see me posting a lot on the technical threads because I am not technical and I have nothing of value to add.  But I am always on the technical threads because of my thirst for knowledge….so to you guys and gals that take time out to answer those questions…I thank you for sharing your knowledge.  I ride because my dad had bikes growing up, but we didn’t have a wrenching garage…we changed the oil and stuff like that, but since buying my ’14, I am starting to have an appreciation for how vastly different the bikes of today are from the 60s, 70s and even 80s.  Even though I’m not technical, I know the importance of a maintained bike and make that a priority.

Having said that, I have posted a bunch of questions about rider preparedness, camping gear, dead batteries, etc. and someone is always on the forum and gracious enough to give you a respectful, quick response even if they don’t have an answer for you.  Ok, so the responses are not always respectful, but sometimes the requestor deserves it and it’s all in good fun (ok, maybe not).

The point being that in today’s day and age, people are busy…let’s face it…but there are a lot of people on this forum (and you know who you are) that consistently provide non-biased, selfless advice that those of us that are less knowledgeable, very much appreciate..

Rev Ryder, I seriously can't stop laughing out loud on your post.  Another reason I am on this forum a lot...to get my daily dose of humor!

Shawn said:
All joking aside, I purchased my ’14 in the fall of ’15 and rode it around for a while and then had a chance meeting with Fais and Sailor_chic at a dealership in south fla. In Jan of this year.  I joined COG less than a wee k later.  I instantly fell in love with both of them because of their obvious passion for bikes and their enthusiasm for COG, but I honestly didn’t expect it to go very far.  Life is busy and I thought my interest in COG would fade, I wouldn’t like the people, etc, etc.  Little did I know that 6 months later I would be attending a COG National Rally….an event I haven’t had this much excitement for since I was an 8 year old waiting for Christmas Day. 

Sounds like me...I make one post about being interested in the Connie, but unsure whether to go C10 or C14. The next day I spend a couple of hours on the phone with SiSF and before I know it I've got a C10 in the household. He sold me on the Concours and on COG, and he was right on both. I've enjoyed the interaction here on the boards and all the Florida events I've attended and the people I've met. I'm also like a kid at Christmas looking forward to Helen and meeting everyone. That's saying a lot since I am a total introvert. I'm hoping that my wife, Laurie, will catch the bug after this trip since she hasn't been able to join me on any of the RTEs so far.

Back on the thread topic: We'll be leaving from Tampa on Sunday afternoon since Laurie has to work Sunday morning. She's going to follow me in the cage since we'll split up at the end; she will return home and I'm going on to NC to check on my mother and then VA for work (don't tell her, but I'm excited about getting the extra riding time and distance out of flat-and-straight Florida). We'll probably go I-75 to Valdosta or thereabouts and stop for the night, then finish up the ride on Monday morning using secondary roads.

5th National for Blaise and I- heading in from central NC.

Join the map on Spotwalla! it's fun to watch everyone heading to the rally!

I am now officially on Vacation until July 7! ;D
Today my goal is to change the oil on the Connie, and to figure out and install the Sena20 that I bought yesterday!
The next few days will be making lists of what I need to bring and wash the bike super shiney so it will attract more bugs on the way down and look really gross by the time I get there. lol.

Throttle 8 said:
I am now officially on Vacation until July 7! ;D
Today my goal is to change the oil on the Connie, and to figure out and install the Sena20 that I bought yesterday!
The next few days will be making lists of what I need to bring and wash the bike super shiney so it will attract more bugs on the way down and look really gross by the time I get there. lol.

Firstly, I want to work where you work....a month off...good for you Dave!  It's a good feeling to know you have a week to focus on prep for your ride.  Although I know a fair number of COGgers are retired, it never ceases to amaze me how they find so much time for riding/touring.

Just realized we ride the exact same Connie.

Shawn said:
Firstly, I want to work where you work....a month off...good for you Dave!  It's a good feeling to know you have a week to focus on prep for your ride.  Although I know a fair number of COGgers are retired, it never ceases to amaze me how they find so much time for riding/touring.

Just realized we ride the exact same Connie.

You sir have amazing taste! lol  ;D
I had a couple weeks off during march break as well. It takes 30+ years of service to get to 6 weeks vacation however. 5years, 10months, 22days until retirement----not that I'm counting. lol
See you in Helen!

I'm heading out to Helen, GA from Yellville, Arkansas (approximately 100 miles from Eureka Springs). I'm really looking forward to it and still deciding when to leave here and where I'll end up the first day, considering it's just over 700 miles.

The "OtP" Traveler (Anette) is flying into Lincoln Nebraska from Frankfurt Germany,,,, and riding in from there.
Not the greatest distance riding, but certainly the greatest distance anyone will travel to reach Helen...  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

Well add me to the list of those heading in (Melbourne, FL). I'm hoping to meet up with a couple of other members in the Orlando area on Sunday afternoon and stop in the Macon area for the night. That way we can get into Helen early in the day, check in, set up camp and go for a ride. This is my first time attending a national event but I've been able to make the last three RWTW events in Suches (over the mountain from Helen). Did my dry run packing of the bike today and checking off the items on my list. Got a new set of PR4's (55 rear) a couple of weeks ago, changed the rear gear oil last week and will do an oil change tomorrow and I'm ready to go. Ride safe everyone and we'll see you there!  :great:

Jack and I are going to spend two days riding down from south Central PA. We have a stop in Charleston WV, and are going for epic and twisty and will see PA, MD, VA, WV, KY, TN before GA. Should be close to 1100 miles total.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Robby1953 said:
BigK said:
I will be coming from Lafayette, In. it is right at 600 miles one way. See you all there.

BigK. You heading straight down 65 to Nashville?
I am going down US231 to Gallatin, Tn. and I am leaving on Sat. Morn.

ROKeditor said:
I'm heading out to Helen, GA from Yellville, Arkansas (approximately 100 miles from Eureka Springs). I'm really looking forward to it and still deciding when to leave here and where I'll end up the first day, considering it's just over 700 miles.
Can't wait to C U again Sis.

Heading down from Princeton, NC. Plan to go across the state on 40, hit Maggie Valley and Cherokee then shoot down to the campground. My initial plan was to leave on Sunday but may have to push that to Monday....I forgot it was Father's day.

Coming from Connecticut with possibly the most pathetic travel plans...  If I can make it to the rally it will be for an afternoon/evening only and will be driving there in a rental car. It's time for a quarterly meeting with my team members in the Atlanta 'burbs office. I'll be flying in Monday with another of my team members for a few days of meetings. If we complete business early we will take a drive up WED or THU to visit & say hi and catch our return flight on Friday.

I am leaving Nashville Sunday morning. Looks like about 5 hours to Helen. Hope we have good weather. :beerchug:

Leaving Godwin, NC at 0 dark 30 on Sunday morning to beat the heat. I-95 to Columbia, on to Greenville then Helen. about 6 hours as the GPS flies ;)

Fourwayz said:
Leaving Godwin, NC at 0 dark 30 on Sunday morning to beat the heat. I-95 to Columbia, on to Greenville then Helen. about 6 hours as the GPS flies ;)

If I can get out of town on Sunday I'll be about an hour behind you.

Maryann and I are already on the way.  We are coming from Tewksbury, MA and our route is currently planned to be 1,800 to 2,000 miles, but we'll see ...

We (the Wife and I ) will be leaving the big city of Wood River, IL on Saturday hopefully by 13:00.
Have to make sure everything is set at the dealership for the week we will be gone.

Plan is to make it past Nashville, TN for the night Saturday. And enjoy the rest of the ride at a slower pace.

Our 4th COG Rally (Tomah, Lexington, Eureka Springs) been catching the Eastern Rally's, and have had a lot of fun.

If you see a White Ninja 1000 with factory bags and a GREEN C-14 that's us.

Shawn said:

Happy to hear your hard work paid off and you got her ready in time.  I'll be at Yonah all week so I'll look you up.

Shawn.....I'll be arriving to Yonah on Saturday mid-afternoon depending on traffic.  It won't be hard to find me. I'm the one with the denim blue connie and silver fuel tank. I'm looking forward to meeting some other first timers too as I'm sure we will want to stick together....

Great thread Shawn! You da man.

Good advice Ted! I found it easy to meet people at my first national in Johnson City if I walked around with an empty cup. Someone was always willing to fill it and THEN ask my name  :D  :beerchug:

I skipped all the tech sessions and speakers my 1st rally - attended more of that stuff in Cortez and will catch most of it in Helen. Like Ted said might happen happened to me. I stood around watching everyone saddle up and take off until I was last man standing one morning. Rode alone that day - was my own fault. Most of my first national was spent staring at each Connie like it was the first one I had ever seen. I could not get enough Connie ideas :motonoises: And, I remember meeting lots of non-Connie riders too, this club is diverse. Kathy on her Honda, Roman on his BMW, Tony on his Tenerè, Jenn on her BanditS - and so on. I spent my mornings at rally central, days were spent riding, returning to rally central for some socializing until it was almost dark and time to ride to the campground, shower and go like a moth to the flame. Al's flame.

I knew nobody when I arrived at that national - and those first swigs of Fireball settled me into my camping chair and I will never forget it. The friends I made those nights are some of my best friends today. Everyone welcomed me, insisted I make it to RWTolf and Barber Vintage. Those are the 2 best events in the SE if you ask me. I have seen those same faces, stayed at each other's houses - and what can I say - I have to ride hundreds of miles to see my buddies as many times a year as God wills it for me-) No regrets!!

The rally team had it's last conference call last night. Almost 20 people have put a lot into this and with nothing but southern hospitality driving us. We are going to throw one heckuvva party in Helen :great: As is sometimes COG tradition, those of us nearby will be trailering in and bringing supplies and equipment for the rally. That includes me this time. I'll probably camp in my FJ - and I'm coming from Knoxville - 150miles away.

:beerchug: to you all. TCARS all the way to Helen! Come shake my hand - but I can be a hugger so watch out ;D Ride with me if you dare! Remember, set yourself up in the outside of your lane before each curve and you'll be glad you did-) This isn't FL where you drag race from corner to corner - get in a rythm and dance with your bike. 40mph in the mountains beats 200mph on a drag strip or salt flat any day. Don't rush perfection :motonoises: I can't wait! Connie overload!!

Another thought, for everyone.
  When you join another group,, Ride your own ride!!
  The temptation is to prove you can keep up.
      Don't do it...

Most groups have a rule to not turn off the road without checking that everyone is still with them.
So, if you are not comfortable at the pace their running, run you own pace and keep going.
Eventually you'll find them.
At that time have a discussion.
They may slow, you may agree to catch up periodically, some may decide to ride with you at a slower pace and form a new group, or you may choose to let them go.    Whatever you do, make sure others know the plan.

See you there..

Ride safe, Ted

Shawn said:

Shawn.....I'll be arriving to Yonah on Saturday mid-afternoon depending on traffic.  It won't be hard to find me. I'm the one with the denim blue connie and silver fuel tank. I'm looking forward to meeting some other first timers too as I'm sure we will want to stick together....

This will be my first National as well, looking forward to meeting a bunch of new folks. I'll be camping at Yonah as well so I'll try to track you down and introduce myself.

connie_rider said:
      Don't do it...

Most groups have a rule to not turn off the road without checking that everyone is still with them.
So, if you are not comfortable at the pace their running, run you own pace and keep going.
They may slow, you may agree to catch up periodically, some may decide to ride with you at a slower pace and form a new group, or you may choose to let them go.    Whatever you do, make sure others know the plan.

See you there..

Ride safe, Ted

+1 Ted

Don't let your gray matter get saturated in testosterone and just when you think it's safe...look out. Just got back from a quick noon ride to check the temperature  (90 if you wondered) and decided I'd "get on it" while no one was in the neighborhood but mem and almost home. Just missed a huge buck crossing the street.  The roads here are nice and safe and usually smooth and predictable, but ride within your limits and sight lines. "Engage brain, then transmission."

See y'all Sunday or sometime!

ron203 said:
connie_rider said:
      Don't do it...

See you there..

Ride safe, Ted

+1 Ted

Don't let your gray matter get saturated in testosterone and just when you think it's safe...look out. Just got back from a quick noon ride to check the temperature  (90 if you wondered) and decided I'd "get on it" while no one was in the neighborhood but mem and almost home. Just missed a huge buck crossing the street.  The roads here are nice and safe and usually smooth and predictable, but ride within your limits and sight lines. "Engage brain, then transmission."

See y'all Sunday or sometime!

You are guys are scaring the c**p out of me so I changed my plans....I'm trailering the Vespa and riding around the campground all week....and I don't even have a Vespa or trailer yet.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This is why I have been planning to get up there saturday afternoon (around 4 or 5)...get settled...and do a little bit of riding on sunday to get the lay of the land...get an idea of how aggressively I can ride...etc, so that when Monday morning rolls around I can have a better idea what group I should be joining.

I know sunday is a mad house on the more popular runs, but if someone (Ron203 perhaps?) can give me a 30 - 40 mile (longer is not a problem if that's what I have to do  ;D :motonoises:) loop out/back to Yonah that would be the most technical, I would appreciate it greatly.  I'm assuming it won't be 'dragon technical', but at least it would let me know if I need to turn around and go home. :)

Anyone that is around on sunday that wants to join, I would appreciate that too.  I'm thinking later in the afternoon on sunday...don't want too many shadows, but I may be sleeping til at least noon...after the ride up and drinking with whoever (Fais?...Al?...) is there on sat. night.

Aw, it's ALL good!  Just ride!  And watch out for Sasquatch, the Booger Man, Ted... wait...... You're going to say, "What was THAT all about??" :rotflmao:

Ron, your supposed to be nice to me.
Great minds are supposed to think alike.
ie; We both ride a superior 2014 C-14  (red)..    (Also Fias)

By the way, my Twin (Fias) and I are wondering if other folks that ride a superior 2014 C-14  (red)" would like to get together for a group photo one afternoon?

Besides, as slow as I ride, I wouldn't scare nobody, ...  <trust me>

Ride safe, Ted

Ok, I'll talk with Fias, (**spread the word somehow),,,, and post a plan at registration.
PS  **: See upcoming Forum discussion...  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

OMG,,, you don't know Fias, your co-twin?
Also rides a superior 2014 C-14  (red)" .  :motonoises:
It was his idea to do the photo,, (and, he's buying the beer for all his co-twins at the photo shoot). <hint hint>

uh huh!! I knew that would jog your memory....  ;)

By the way, Shawn is kinda right. he's a real dirtbag so try to avoid 'em. :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

OHHHH, the BEER Fias!!  :-[

Yeah.

I saw him standing on the side of the Million Dollar Hwy in Colorado last year about this time, taking pictures.. (see?)

THAT FIAS...  :motonoises:

Traveling in from Lexington KY -  leaving out early Monday - unless thing just work out on Sunday -  we'll see... ;)

Ya'll come on down (Floridiots can do the reverse. :nananana:...). Look forward to meeting and greeting next week! :))

Ya'll (see what the SW guy just did there?) are starting to sound like a sorority planning a pillow fight. Where can I buy a pillow?

Old Man on a Connie said:
Ya'll (see what the SW guy just did there?) are starting to sound like a sorority planning a pillow fight. Where can I buy a pillow?

No pillows, but if you got a 12-pack of your local craft brewery (or distillery, who's to discriminate??) bring it on...

leaving little rock on thursday evening,  will prolly make it to my house to grab the concours and my gear late thursday evening,  leave home  friday noon, ride till i get tired and camp somewhere along the way. will be at the campground maybe 2p saturday.  I AINT IN ANY HURRY EXCEPT FOR THURSDAY TO GET OVER WITH.

Volcantour said:

No pillows, but if you got a 12-pack of your local craft brewery (or distillery, who's to discriminate??) bring it on...
Proud owner of the auxiliary fuel tank with race fuel. Consider it brought  :)

Volcantour said:

Proud owner of the auxiliary fuel tank with race fuel. Consider it brought  :)

Bring it on. The challenge is accepted!

Score! Shot glasses at 20 paces?  ;) We may need to get approval for this. Call your target Sir!  :))  :great: :beerchug:

I have the suspicion that 'target' may be the least of our abilities after this laid-back soiree. A friendly mix and match will do nicely, with moderation, of course (cough, cough).

Volcantour said:
I have the suspicion that 'target' may be the least of our abilities after this laid-back soiree. A friendly mix and match will do nicely, with moderation, of course (cough, cough).
  :beerchug:

Score! Shot glasses at 20 paces?  ;) We may need to get approval for this. Call your target Sir!  :))  :great: :beerchug:

Nah, do it like I (so stupidly :-[) did at the National in Asheville.
      Quart Jars at 20 paces...

Ride safe, Ted

Volcantour said:
  :beerchug:

you know what I'll be showing up with.  >:D >:D >:D

I am bringing a 12 pack of some our local breweries finest craft beer. I'm looking forward to this upcoming week. Ought to be one to remember for a long time especially being my first of hopefully many nationals.

I thought this discussion would build more rapidly??

I know others are coming in.
Where are ya'll coming from??

Ride safe, Ted

Heading to Helen from North Texas, with a couple of stops along to way to spend nights with family.  I'll meet with my brother in eastern OK and it should be just under 900 miles for the trek east.  Looking forward to our 3rd national rally.

Allen

Leaving Saturday morning from Morenci, MI. 600mi, don't yet know where I'm staying Sat. evening, playing it by ear. Not in a big hurry, will arrive in Helen around noon or so. Staying at the Super 8 in Helen with Mark (flat spot) gonna be a good time!  :beerchug:

I am done for the week, vacation time. finished in little rock around 230 pm.now at my regular project in pocahontas  to drop tools/personnel off.  now to go the rv and clean up then drive another 220 miles to home.  then get up tomorrow and make my way to helen.  VACATION ON.

Hub is leaving Kerrville late this afternoon and wants me to ride the wrong direction over a hundred miles to meet him half way. Phhhht.

Oh, OK. 
We'll leave from here, El Campo, sometime tomorrow morning (hopefully early). Robert is riding to Roseburg to meet up with Dan tomorrow and they'll leave there about 6 or 7 am. My crew don't often breathe that early much less roll out of town around 4:30. LOL

Be safe Ted. See y'all there. Pflash and Dolores are gonna be in the Sonata. She says she's having lunch in Baton Rouge and doesn't care where I am. 
  :a102:

William Tecumseh Sherman was right... "Vacation is hell."  :D

live in the same town and cant even get there act together to leave at the same time.    :-[

REV  you know someone was thinking that  :rotflmao:

Rev just goes alot faster than me with that turbo stuff    i have to get a little lead  ;)

974 on the google map.  going to be my first national too, Shawn.  look forward to meeting you. 

Two coming from Oviedo, Florida meeting another out of Melbourne, Florida.  Yeah sorry, more from that SE crowd. :eek:

Robert said:
live in the same town and cant even get there act together to leave at the same time.    :-[

REV  you know someone was thinking that  :rotflmao:

Rev just goes alot faster than me with that turbo stuff    i have to get a little lead  ;)

974 on the google map.  going to be my first national too, Shawn.  look forward to meeting you.
You're just smarter, traveling early when it's as cool as possible.  I'll try to catch up.  :motonoises:

jetmech said:
Two coming from Oviedo, Florida meeting another out of Melbourne, Florida.  Yeah sorry, more from that SE crowd. :eek:
Leaving Johnstown Pa this morning...........meeting our kids in Helen who are driving up from Oviedo, Fla for the week!
We should try to meet up!
Jason
COG 32
staying at the Super 8 Tuesday-Friday