• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wow, I'm excited!

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
I'm probably jumping the gun a bit, but I'm giddy like schoolgirl and wanted to share. I've been thinking about what could really be done with tuning the c-14, and decided to put my bike on the dyno for another shot at it. Now if you are aware, my current tuning is as strong as anyone's anywhere, so why the need to mess with it? OCD I guess, can never leave it alone. But this time it worked, a home run!  I'll post a couple charts I generated today. These  charts are NOT a comparison to stock.. These are 3 runs of the highest power runs anyone has ever seen from a concours with just a slipon. 3 runs, so folks can't say "it's not repeatable" . Peak powers of 97+ # TQ @ 3500, 104+#TQ at 6200, and 156 peak hp. Crazy.

This isn't released yet, but I'll find a place for it as a new flash / upgrade. it WILL require premium fuel.

For the power junkies, here you go.

Steve

Attachments

• Concours vvt 3runs.png
    Concours vvt 3runs.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Concours 3 runs 2.png
    Concours 3 runs 2.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Concours 3 runs 3.png
    Concours 3 runs 3.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 173
wowy zowy bro... I'm really liking that set of charts... and it look a if even the decell characteristics which I so love, are even more present....
winner winner chicken dinner....

I think finally I'm in "for the win", and would be happy to be a Guinea Pig...
lemme know when to end my "stock" ECU...
but I'm running a cut-down factory muffy, not an aftermarket one... which may even improve that chart..

waiting in the wings man.... :))

Steve,
Would it be fair to assume this would be approximately 5hp / torque gains in real life rideability rpm range over the Mountain Runner? Would this still have the engine braking?

Thanks,
Doug

Tundra said:
Steve,
Would it be fair to assume this would be approximately 5hp / torque gains in real life rideability rpm range over the Mountain Runner? Would this still have the engine braking?

Thanks,
Doug

I think so on both questions. Fact is I need to ride it more, it's on the dyno now I think I can eek out a hp here ir there. gotta try.  On my initial ride on it I didn't feel anything bad, and it was actually kinda scary how fast it accelerates in the low gears. Steve

Wow Steve by the time I get my slip on the new flash will be ready for release, could be a case of perfect timing. BTW I wanted to thank you for letting me bend your ear about C14s a couple months ago. The info you shared really set the table for my purchase in Nov. absolutely no regrets :great: :)

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
BadgerApaches said:

I have my friends full area p bike in the shop right now. I have to finish my bike before I get to it. Then I have to break my dyno down and move it to the new shop. Steve

Beautiful Steve! Let us know when the move is complete! American engineers rock!