• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ZX14 EXHAUST ON C14

stephenc14

i have aquired a 07 zx14 exhaust system for my 09 c14.  has any one put the zx system on their c14 as a single exhaust????  using the zx muffler?    using aftermarket muffler?    did change increase hp & milage?  did change require remap/power commander?  did change reduce the heat?    thanks    stephen in cleveland

You would need to cap the outlet for the left side at the downpipe.  Other than that there isn't a reason why it wouldn't work.  The increased flow of the header is probably enough that you would want some sort of tuner to be on the safe side, especially if you are planning on pulling the flies.

stephen_gayle_OK said:
    did change increase hp & milage?  did change require remap/power commander?  did change reduce the heat?    thanks    stephen in cleveland

Depending on how restricted the stock setup is an aftermarket system should do all the above to some degree..

Is anyone out there considering a dual system for their C-14?

I came across this today and thought day-um those look good!
Thought I would share the info in case someone is feeling energetic.

Couple these mufflers with an early (non-cat) ZX-14 header and you would have a complete {dual exhaust} system that performs very close to the Full Area P system. (Supposedly the best preforming header for the C-14)
(This is the best condition/cheapest early ZX-14 header I've seen in some time).

Ride safe, Ted

Also came across this. I have no idea who MIVV exhaust is?
Looks to be a true Tri Y (4 into 2 into1) and no creases so the damage to the muffler is repairable.

Last edited:
Gary Mazzola, North Central AD, has one on his C14.
Looks really good! He had to make centerstand mods and a couple other things to accommodate it, if Iremember correctly.

Stephen: check your inbox for my message. Then text/call if the exhaust mod is still something that interests you. I'm happy to help any way I can.

I don't know about you, but I had to get reducers to quiet mine, after install I was not happy being Racer Boy at almost 60 yr old

Luckily I found out Two Brothers made different sizes, I got the quietest and happy I did,

I went for a test ride with the open exhaust and a cop had someone pulled over and I was getting it on, the look on his face said it all to me,

TOO loud.

I remember back in the day, when I was only
about 25, a buddy gave me a Hindle exhaust for my ‘82 KZ1000J. Well youthful me didn’t tighten up the exhaust can and when I got on it, the can flew off and sounded like a pro stock. That was fun coming back into the trailer park😂
3D1C35D0-FBD1-4868-9D8F-3ED39AF40EA6.jpeg

Reactions: Bud
It appears that maybe the Hindle head pipe tapers (or flares) 44mm from the 3?mm head port?
Also guessing that the cylinder pairing is 1/2 and 3/4 (??).

Back when I did my bike, I threw out some wild ideas and also collected Header info.
Can you add the Hindle Info to this?
NOTE: The ones with Asterix ** have tapered head pipe.

ZG-14 (Concours)
Entire head pipe dia is (1 3/8") {35 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x1) is (2 1/8") {54 mm}
Has Catalytic converter.
Cyl's 1/4 and 2/3 are paired.

ZX-14 2006 - 2007
Entire head pipe dia is (1 1/2") {38 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x2) is (2") {approx. 50 mm}
Has no Catalytic converter.

ZX-14 2008 - 2011
Entire head pipe dia is (1 1/2") {38 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x2) is (2 1/8") {approx. 54 mm}
Has Catalytic converter.

ZX-14R: (2013 to current) **
Head pipe dia at the Flange is (1 1/2") {38 mm}
Head pipe dia from 5" below the Flange, flares to (1 11/16") {43 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x2) is (2 1/8") {54 mm}
No Catalytic converter.
Cyl's 1/2 and 3/4 are paired.

Full Area P System **
Head pipe dia from 2" below the Flange, flares to {approx. 1 23/32"}) {44 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x1) is approx. (2 1/4") {57 mm}
No Catalytic converter.

Yoshimira System **
Head pipe dia at the Flange is (1.475") {37 mm}
Head pipe dia from 2" below the Flange, flares to {1.66" od}) {42 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x1) is approx. (2") {51 mm}
No Catalytic converter.

Hindle System ** (??)
Head pipe dia at the Flange is (???") {?? mm}
Head pipe dia from ?? below the Flange, flares to {approx. 1 23/32"}) {44 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x1) is approx. (??") {?? mm}
No Catalytic converter.
Cyl's ?/? and ?/? are paired.

Here's the discussion where I will add your info.

Last edited:
1,2 and 3,4 paired 2.25 outlet to muffler, no cat

Attachments

• 20230930_152614.jpg
    20230930_152614.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230930_185741.jpg
    20230930_185741.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230930_185751.jpg
    20230930_185751.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 4
Good looking system!

So;
Hindle System **
Head pipe dia from ?? below the Flange, flares to {approx. 1 23/32"}) {44 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x1) is approx. (2 1/4") {57 mm}
No Catalytic converter.

If you can, get me the distance (marked ??) and I'll add that information to my old discussion.
Looking at your photo's it looks like it flares to the 44 mm at about 8" below the flange.
That's much different than the other pipes that increase in head pipe size.

(For clarity) I'll probably reword that information to read something like this on all the Headers;

At approx. ??" from the head, the Head pipe dia. increases from (1 1/2") {38 mm} to (1 23/32") {44 mm}.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: