• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013

Just FYI

Since in Canada the 3 yr GTPP warranty is around $1800 (one quote) I decided to call Pete on the slim chance the warranty would be good in Canada....

Just spoke to him and...

No Joy.  It's US only... :'(

Jamie

+1 for Rich, Pete and Ultimate Cycle....  :great:

I think keeping up with emails is a bit tough for on them, but in the end everything was PERFECT.  Got all paperwork today....  Thank you Pete and thank you Rich for the post.

Just got mine renewed/extended.

Very easy, they called 2 days after I emailed.

Think my base goes until end of 2014, so now 2017 right?

I apologize if this has already been asked, but reading thru 14 pages is a bit daunting.

From what I read, it seems this is only available to original owners?  is that the case?  I just picked up my '11.  the dealer I bought it from offered extended warranty for something like $579.  $339 is obviously better, but just need to confirm it's available to me.

thanks!

Hey Dave,

I tried to inquire of them the same thing with no reply, however from my read it seems to apply to us as well.  If you log into Kawasaki.com, where it tells you about your warranty period(s), it also suggests another extension. 

As a reminder, I think yours already has one GTPP in place....going for another?

Jay

As long as the bike is under warranty and the warranty has been transfered to the new owner, the GTPP offer here is valid.    ....execpt maybe not in Florida.

gPink said:
As long as the bike is under warranty and the warranty has been transfered to the new owner, the GTPP offer here is valid.    ....execpt maybe not in Florida.

It's valid in FL also, just not at that price.

In FL, it's considered insurance and needs to be sold by a FL licensed insurance agent.  Since the dealer making the offer is not a licensed insurance agent in FL, we cannot get it at that price.

I can however order it from Kawi directly for over $600!!! :mad:

Me personally, I hope to be out of FL by the time the current extension runs out! :)

Speedy said:
Hey Dave,

I tried to inquire of them the same thing with no reply, however from my read it seems to apply to us as well.  If you log into Kawasaki.com, where it tells you about your warranty period(s), it also suggests another extension. 

As a reminder, I think yours already has one GTPP in place....going for another?

Jay

I'm not sure.  I definitely need to confirm.  During the paperwork, they suggested I buy the plan from them (being the good sales guys that they were....lol), and I told them I wanted to check on this first becuase I knew the price was good.  I'm going to get my VIN and hit up Ma Kaw and see what info I can find on it.

All, I am in Florida ... And I just received my paperwork from Kawasaki ... After paying my $339 ... Daytona Mike recently did the same deal ... See posting in this thread. So Fl seems to be able to get the deal.

Aussie said:
All, I am in Florida ... And I just received my paperwork from Kawasaki ... After paying my $339 ... Daytona Mike recently did the same deal ... See posting in this thread. So Fl seems to be able to get the deal.

Then they need to update the front posting.

I called and that was the reason they gave me for not being able to sell to us in FL.

Egodriver71 said:
Aussie said:

Then they need to update the front posting.

I called and that was the reason they gave me for not being able to sell to us in FL.

As far as I know, Pete still cannot sell to a Florida titled bike for that price, or any price.

Might wanna have Mike explain how he accomplished this..... ::)

I work in the automotive industry and part of my previous position included Florida.  As I understand it, Florida incorporated specific pricing processes for some types of insurance (and extended warranties were one of those types) that were designed to protect their older residents.  When they did this, they also limited the ability for dealers to discount below a specific level.  The pricing was fixed by the State and high prices, as well as deep discounts were not allowed. 

For Florida, I think you will have to live with the higher prices, I had to when we were purchasing the agreements there. 

Date: January 14, 2014

Submitted an email w/required info this morning and got a call two hours later from Ultimate Cycle, CC info over phone.  They said I should receive paperwork within a week.  Feels good to know I'm covered on my 2011 for an additional 3yrs.  :great:

Date: January 18, 2014
Ordered on Tuesday, got paperwork on today!  I'm covered until 2018!  :great:

Stlheadake said:
My current GTPP expires in March I believe on my 08.  Can I still renew and carry it again?  How long can I do this?

yes
as many times as you want to pay $339...
he'll sell you consecutive 3 year plans. Get'em before they stop. :rotflmao:

Is that really the case Rich? I asked when I bought my second extended warranty if a third would be available and the dealer (the guy you set us up with) did not know if it was extendable beyond twice or not. ?? Do you know if we can actually extend the warranty a third time, or even more?

I can see it now: an old, tired, C-14 with a couple hundred thousand miles on it sitting in the parking lot of a dealer.... waiting on warranty service.  :-\

Brian

MAN OF BLUES said:
yes

BDF said:
Is that really the case Rich? I asked when I bought my second extended warranty if a third would be available and the dealer (the guy you set us up with) did not know if it was extendable beyond twice or not. ?? Do you know if we can actually extend the warranty a third time, or even more?

I can see it now: an old, tired, C-14 with a couple hundred thousand miles on it sitting in the parking lot of a dealer.... waiting on warranty service.  :-\

Brian

MAN OF BLUES said:
yes

I'll have to call Pete to verify for sure, but he told me when I got my second one last year (good to 2016), that as soon as I got the Kaw papers in hand, I could actually buy a third one...
next person that calls him please tell him to shoot me a note, he has my number, and ask him if this is so...
I'll likely by another re-up this year, just to insure it.... :rotflmao: :motonoises: :great: :great:

That is a great deal. When I bought mine in July '12, an extended warranty would have cost a little over $450, so I said no. Good thing since I can get the same for a little over $300.

I've got a bug up my a$$ today to perhaps throw an outrageous offer at a dealer, and steal a new (leftover) bike on the last day of the month!  >:D

I'm looking at this whole warranty extension thing very late now, as before I was only considering buying used.

Can i purchase this warranty ANYTIME after I buy a new bike??

Please help an idiot out....and I apologize for not reading thru the entire thread, I just put myself on a day end time crunch!  :-[

tks,
gr

ghostrider990 said:
Please help an idiot out....and I apologize for not reading thru the entire thread, I just put myself on a day end time crunch!  :-[

tks,
gr

You can purchase an extension as long as there is an active warranty in service. Once it expires, so does your option on renewal.

MAN OF BLUES said:
ghostrider990 said:

tks,
gr

You can purchase an extension as long as there is an active warranty in service. Once it expires, so does your option on renewal.

PERFECT. Thanks.  :great:

Just did this a week ago.  Only had a week left on the original warranty and everything went smoothly.  Followed the instructions and no sweat.  Word.

I just bought a 2011 C-14 from a BMW dealer in NC on ebay. He said he believes the Kawasaki warranty expired. Can you find out by using my VIN? It is  JKBZGNC12BA008396. I would hate to lose out even by a couple of weeks. Thanks.

Art

firehaz1 said:
I just bought a 2011 C-14 from a BMW dealer in NC on ebay. He said he believes the Kawasaki warranty expired. Can you find out by using my VIN? It is  JKBZGNC12BA008396. I would hate to lose out even by a couple of weeks. Thanks.

Art

Contact Kawasaki directly.

firehaz1 said:

Art

BUMMER......
FROM THE WAW SITE...

Warranty Status                                                                             

Vin: JKBZGNC12BA008396

Your warranty expired on 02/07/2014. 
  No outstanding recalls for this unit. 

Thanks for checking. Can't wait till it gets here. Already planning trips to see family in Scranton, Myrtle Beach, Dacula,Ga. and Dallas.

firehaz1 said:
Thanks for checking. Can't wait till it gets here. Already planning trips to see family in Scranton, Myrtle Beach, Dacula,Ga. and Dallas.

Johnson City, TN???

I need to purchase GTPP is Pete still offering a good deal and where do i get a hold of him?  Thanks Mel

Can you go to the begining of this thread, and follow the instructions?

Or do we need to explain the procedure again...?

Yes, he is still offering this.
:-[ :-X :-X

Just renewed my extended warranty for the second time. Pete and his team were great to work with!

Still $339.00

:motonoises:  :great:

Just extended my warranty through Pete at ultimate cycle.  Talk about last-minute – the warrantee on my 2011 Concours expires today.

Pete is a good guy to do business with.  All I had to do was write down my mileage on the warrantee extension offer that was sent to me by Kawasaki and give him my contact information and credit card info.  The warranty is transferable if I should decide to sell the motorcycle so I think this is a worthwhile transaction.

Just as confirmation, this deal is still available--just got my final paperwork. It is super easy to do and Pete is great to work with. I emailed my info to Pete (per directions) on Thursday, called him on Saturday to confirm that everything was a go (paid with a Kawasaki Kash reward card and wanted to be sure the transaction went through), and received my paperwork the following Saturday. A great deal with direct step-by-step instructions. Now I only wish my health could be warranted as thoroughly as my bike!

Thanks Pete. Thanks MOB.

I followed the instructions today and got an Email within about 30 minutes saying all was good.  :)) And still $339.00.This will be my second extended three years. Hopefully I will get to use the next three about as often as the first extended three. I think the one time I used it, it paid for it's self. I had a final drive seal start leaking on me. There was no fuss about coverage. I also believe the seal I was thinking about changing myself would have been the wrong seal.

Kawasaki mailed me a letter offering the same exact extended warranty for $730.11. NOT!

Following the instructions I pasted below is a pretty quick way to save a few hundred $.

Email to:    sales(at)UltimateCycle(dot)NET 
remove the (at) and (dot), and do symbols.....

*Registered Name:
*Address:
*City:
*State:
*Zip code:
*Phone:
*Year , make , model , color:
*VIN#:
*Current mileage:

***Credit card type - MC/Visa/Amex:
***Credit Card #:
***Expiration Date:
***Sec Code on back of card (front for Amex):

Wish I had one, already had my rear axle seal replaced although i think the guy who changed my tires somehow damaged it since it didn't leak before and it did after.  Right after.  Now if only I could keep a battery in the damn thing it would be perfect, they only seem to last about a year and a half!

Oilfieldtrash said:
Wish I had one, already had my rear axle seal replaced although i think the guy who changed my tires somehow damaged it since it didn't leak before and it did after.  Right after.  Now if only I could keep a battery in the damn thing it would be perfect, they only seem to last about a year and a half!

solution to that is the motorcycle battery at cycle gear with lifetime warranty.  or have a friend that works at a kawi parts counter, mine get changed no questions asked.

I got my 3 year extension today from Pete.  I emailed him earlier in the week as per directions in this posting and he called today to get my payment information.  My 2011 C14 will be three years old in about 3 weeks.  I plan to keep it and I think the 3 year extension is good insurance even though I haven't had any warranty issues with it yet in 26k miles.

Emailed Pete yesterday morning to extend my warranty and got a call a little after noon to get payment information.  Papers will be in the mail

Covered until mid April 2018

Just got a call from Pete for the extra 3 years at 339.00.  He had my info that I emailed him previous so it was quick and easy.  Bike will be covered until Feb 2021!  I just hope I last as long as my bike warranty ???

Thanks for the info on a good place to get the added piece of mind for the bike guys.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get your card/info by mail?  It's been 7 business days now.  I thought Pete said it would be mailed last week already.

Still Available. This extended warranty gives you paper work from Kawasaki and if the dealer looks up your Vin# the Extended warranty shows up. I used it once when my final drive started leaking 90 wt. oil. Absolutely painless and no arguments.

wondering if anyone knows whether this deal is still in place.  I e-mailed twice but haven't heard back and guessing it may no longer be offered.

navdoc said:
wondering if anyone knows whether this deal is still in place.  I e-mailed twice but haven't heard back and guessing it may no longer be offered.

Should be still in place, but MoB will know for sure.

I sent him an email 4/22 and got a reply back 4/23. I asked him to check on the warranty of a bike I was looking to buy. Turns out it got the factory warranty till December so I am going to wait till later this year to get the extended warranty.

I called Pete too!  Yes indeed, my warranty is on the way!  Way better than the deal Kawasaki offered on a recent mailer-something like $750.

I'm going to be getting a new C14 in a couple weeks. Found the COG while looking for parts I'm gonna need, like exhaust and programmer, and saw this thread about extended warranty. I was skeptical since it hasn't been updated for 2 years. Maybe the originator of the thread could do another update?

Pete just renewed my extended warranty...follow instructions at beginning of thread.  Thank you to all that facilitated this and to Pete for his enduring support.

I just got off the phone with Pete, $383 for 3 years with $0 deductible. Can't beat that with a stick! :)

BBroj said:
I just got off the phone with Pete, $383 for 3 years with $0 deductible. Can't beat that with a stick! :)

:great: :beerchug: :great:

just so you know, as soon as you get your paperwork showing its been tacked on, you can buy a second one from Pete, 2 re ups are the limit tho, and Pete will hook ya up, he's a super good person to deal with...
he's one of the people I miss seeing after moving from Richmond.... and he's in an awsome Blues band.....

hope you are feeling well, ride safe.

95impalaguy said:
I'm going to be getting a new C14 in a couple weeks. Found the COG while looking for parts I'm gonna need, like exhaust and programmer, and saw this thread about extended warranty. I was skeptical since it hasn't been updated for 2 years. Maybe the originator of the thread could do another update?

well, thanks to forum limitations, we can no longer modify threads after 30 days... so I cannot update it...

reference this...

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=61686.0

but he is still giving the best price in the USA on this KPP (formerly GTPP) protection plan...

anyone with a C14 is crazy not to take advantage of this offer... I see repairs out of pocket, that Kaw would have covered, daily here, had they just bought the covereage.,.. and I'm talking $thousands o bucks at times....

MAN OF BLUES said:
95impalaguy said:

well, thanks to forum limitations, we can no longer modify threads after 30 days... so I cannot update it...

reference this...

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=61686.0

but he is still giving the best price in the USA on this KPP (formerly GTPP) protection plan...

anyone with a C14 is crazy not to take advantage of this offer... I see repairs out of pocket, that Kaw would have covered, daily here, had they just bought the covereage.,.. and I'm talking $thousands o bucks at times....

Write up the update and send it to a mod, it will be posted. Use the notify moderator button.

Followed the instructions I found at the GTPP 36 month extension thread (reproduced below for the convenience of members).  Emailed Pete with all required info.  No replies for two days.  Called his phone # today and charged my credit card on the spot. 

Cost since this Spring 2015 when Kawasaki increased the price from the old $339 is $383.

Gianni

Email the following info to Pete at Ultimate Cycle in Richmond, VA @ sales@ultimatecycle.net
*Registered Name: 
*Address: 
*City: 
*State: 
*Zip code:
*Phone: 
*Year, make, model, color:
*Current mileage:
* Vin:             
* Engine No. : 

If no email reply, follow up with a call Pete at 804-330-4800 ext. 110  (or sales)

fyi
short version....
TERMS & CONDITIONS

ALL STATES
This Kawasaki Protection Plus (hereinafter “K.P.P.” or the “Contract”) contract is between the Owner identified above and Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., 9950 Jeronimo Road, Irvine, California, 92618 (hereinafter “Kawasaki”). Purchase of this Contract is not required in order to purchase, register or obtain financing for a Product covered by this Contract. K.P.P. is not an insurance policy. Unless otherwise noted, obligations of Kawasaki under this Contract are backed by the full faith and credit of Kawasaki. Any questions or complaints regarding the K.P.P. may be directed to Consumer Services toll free at 866-802-9381.

DEFINITIONS
“Dealer” means the service contract seller who sells the service contract to the consumer.
“Kawasaki” means Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., 9950 Jeronimo Road, Irvine, California, 800-357-8540.
“Owner” means the service contract holder who is the purchaser or holder of this Contract.
“Contract” means this Kawasaki Protection Plus service contract between the Owner and Kawasaki.
“Contract Purchase Price” means the provider fee paid in consideration by a consumer for this Contract.
“Contract Purchase Date” means the date on which coverage under the Contract was purchased by the Owner.
“Contract Term Start Date” means the date on which coverage under the Contract becomes effective. For Initial K.P.P., the Contract Term Start Date is the day following expiration of the Kawasaki Limited Warranty. For Renewal K.P.P., the Contract Term Start Date is the day following expiration of the current K.P.P. for that Product. For Pre-Owned K.P.P., the Contract Term Start Date is the Contract Purchase Date shown above.
“Pre-Existing Condition” means defects on Pre-Owned Products that were present on the Contract Purchase Date.
“Pre-Owned Product” means a Product previously owned by someone other than Kawasaki, Dealer or Owner.
“Product” means any product manufactured by Kawasaki.
“Retail Purchase Date” means the date on which the Product was purchased.
“Manufacturing Defect” means the failure of a covered Kawasaki part or component to functionally perform due solely to defects in material or factory workmanship. See “Exclusions from Coverage” for items or occurrences that are not covered.
OWNER’S OBLIGATIONS
To maintain coverage, the Owner must perform the owner’s obligations, and operate and maintain the Product as outlined in the Owner’s Manual. Service inspections, adjustments, and replacements in accordance with the time and mileage intervals and other recommendations given in the maintenance schedule are essential. The Owner is responsible for paying all maintenance costs, including scheduled periodic service costs. Keep receipts and other records showing that proper maintenance and service have been performed.

COVERAGE
This Contract covers Kawasaki parts and components originally supplied with the Product and any Kawasaki parts or components replaced under the Kawasaki Limited Warranty or this Contract. During the Contract Term, any covered part or component found by Kawasaki to have experienced a Manufacturing Defect shall be repaired or replaced, at Kawasaki’s option, without charge for material or labor with genuine Kawasaki parts or components only. There is no mileage limitation or deductible charge on covered items during the Contract Term. This Contract does not cover the items or occurrences identified in the “Exclusions from Coverage” section, below. It is the Owner’s responsibility to protect against further damage.

HOW TO OBTAIN COVERAGE
Covered repair or replacement may only be obtained during the normal business hours at any Kawasaki dealer located within the United States of America that is authorized to repair the Product. To find the nearest authorized Kawasaki dealer to inquire about obtaining repairs or replacements, call Consumer Services toll-free: 866-802-9381. The Owner does not need to seek prior approval from Kawasaki prior to contacting a Kawasaki dealer for covered repairs or replacements.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS (ON-ROAD MOTORCYCLES ONLY)
Emergency Road Service consists of the additional services listed below. The Owner is responsible for any costs incurred over the maximum amounts or as otherwise indicated below.

Flat Tire Towing Service: In the event of a flat tire on the Product, we will arrange to have the Product transported to the nearest tire repair facility up to a maximum cost of $250.00 for all services.
Battery Service: In the event the Product will not start due to a weak or “run down” battery, we will arrange for a service provider to boost or jump-start the Product with a booster battery up to a maximum cost of $100.00.
Delivery Service: We will arrange for the delivery of emergency supplies of gasoline, oil or water and other accessories and supplies as may be required and available. The Owner is responsible for the cost of supplies delivered.
Towing Service: In the event the Product is disabled, we will arrange to have the Product transported to a destination of the Owner’s choice for a maximum cost of $250.00.
Emergency Road Service is provided through Nation Motor Club, LLC with administrative offices at 800 Yamato Road, Suite 100, Boca Raton, FL 33431. For assistance, call toll-free 1-866-286-6587. When calling for roadside assistance, the Owner must provide: (1) Member ID (i.e. the Product’s Vehicle Identification Number), (2) the Owner’s name, (3) a callback telephone number, (4) the service requested, (5) Product information, (6) license plate information, (7) the location of the Product, and (8) a tow-to destination (if known). If prompted, provide Producer Code: 10022 and Plan Letter(s): “KM”.

For Alabama, Alaska, Utah and Virginia members, services are provided by Nation Safe Drivers Services, Inc. at 800 Yamato Road, Suite 100, Boca Raton, FL 33431.
For California members, services are provided by Nation Motor Club, LLC, California Motor Club Permit Number 5157-3. All other contact information for Nation Motor Club, LLC remains the same.
Availability: Emergency Road Service is available during the Contract Term. No deductible applies to the Emergency Road Service benefits, but the Owner is responsible for any costs incurred over the maximum amounts or as otherwise indicated above. The Owner is entitled to one paid benefit per seventy-two (72) hour period and no more than five (5) dispatched services per Owner’s yearly membership term.

Limitations: The Emergency Road Service will not be available in unpaved areas not regularly traveled, such as vacant lots, beaches, open fields or other places where it would be hazardous for service provider vehicles to reach (“out of bounds areas”). Nation Motor Club, Inc. will not be responsible for vehicles located in such out of bounds areas. In certain instances a service provider may not be available for non-out of bounds areas. In that event, they will so advise you to contact your own towing service or emergency roadside assistance provider and you will be entitled to reimbursement from Nation Motor Club, Inc. for any such documented services up to $250.00.

TRANSFER RIGHTS
THIS CONTRACT MAY BE TRANSFERRED, IN CONNECTION WITH A TRANSFER OF THE PRODUCT, TO A SUBSEQUENT OWNER BEFORE THE EXPIRATION DATE WITHOUT PAYMENT OF A TRANSFER FEE. As part of the transfer process, the Product and the Contract must be re-registered in the name of the subsequent Owner within thirty (30) days of transfer and all maintenance records must accompany transfer of the Product for use by the subsequent Owner. Contact any authorized Kawasaki dealer or Kawasaki for assistance with making a transfer.

CANCELLATION
1. The Owner may cancel this Contract at any time, including when a loss of the Product occurs or when the Owner sells the Product without transfer of this Contract. To cancel, the Owner must submit a written request to the Dealer or directly to Kawasaki if the Dealer is no longer doing business.

2. Free Look Period: If the Contract is cancelled within thirty (30) days of the Contract Purchase Date and no claims have been incurred, the Owner will receive a full refund of the Contract Purchase Price.

3. Cancellation by Owner: Except as otherwise provided under “State Specific Provisions” below, if the Owner cancels this Contract more than thirty (30) days, but less than sixty (60) days from the Contract Purchase Date and no claims have been filed, the Owner will receive a full refund of the Contract Purchase Price. If this Contract is cancelled after the first sixty (60) days or if a claim has been filed, the unearned Contract Purchase Price will be refunded, calculated on a pro rata basis. The pro rata refund will be equal to the amount produced by (a) multiplying (1) the Contract Purchase Price by (2) the number of covered months (or portions thereof) remaining under the Contract Term compared to the total number of months under the Contract Term, less (b) a cancellation fee of twenty-five dollars ($25). In the event of cancellation of a financed Contract, the Lienholder identified on this Contract, if any, will be issued a cancellation refund check in its name, as its interest may appear. All refunds will be issued by the Dealer. In the event the Dealer is not currently doing business, contact Kawasaki for refund assistance.

4. Cancellation by Kawasaki: Except as otherwise provided under “State Specific Provisions” below, Kawasaki may cancel this Contract based on one or more of the following reasons: (a) non-payment of the Contract Purchase Price; (b) a material misrepresentation made by the Owner; (c) a substantial breach of duties by the Owner under this Contract relating to the Product or its use; or (d) if at any time during the Contract Term the Product is found not to meet Kawasaki’s eligibility terms of the Contract. Based upon these reasons, Kawasaki reserves the right to deny any pending claim and cancel the Contract. If Kawasaki cancels this Contract, it will refund the unearned Contract Purchase Price to the Owner calculated on a pro rata basis. The refund will be equal to the amount produced by (a) multiplying (1) the Contract Purchase Price by (2) the number of covered months (or portions thereof) remaining under the Contract Term compared to the total number of months under the Contract Term, less (b) a cancellation fee of twenty-five dollars ($25). In the event of cancellation, the Lienholder identified on this Contract, if any, will be named on the cancellation refund check, as its interest may appear.

5. Cancellation by Lienholder: If the Product and this Contract have been financed, the Lienholder shown on this Contract may cancel this Contract for non-payment or if the Product is declared a total loss or is repossessed. This right of cancellation does not confer ownership of this Contract to the Lienholder or otherwise entitle the Lienholder to performance under this Contract.

6. Refund Penalty: If Kawasaki does not pay or credit the refund owed to the Owner within thirty (30) days of Kawasaki’s receipt of Owner’s written cancellation request, a ten percent (10%) penalty per month will be added to the refund owed.

DAMAGES LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, Kawasaki’s liability for breach of this agreement shall not exceed the value of repairs (including parts and labor) found to have been improperly or wrongfully denied. KAWASAKI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS OR INCOME, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, EXPENSE OF RETURNING THE PRODUCT TO AN AUTHORIZED KAWASAKI DEALER, PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE
1. Failures which are not due to a defect in material or factory workmanship.

2. Repairs performed by and parts and service received from an entity other than an authorized Kawasaki dealer.

3. Rental products and Products engaged in racing or competition.

4. Repair or replacement required as a result of (i) accident or collision; (ii) misuse, abuse or neglect; (iii) lack of reasonable and proper maintenance; (iv) repairs improperly performed or replacement parts improperly installed by an entity other than an authorized Kawasaki dealer; (v) use of replacement parts or accessories not conforming to Kawasaki specifications which adversely affect performance and/or durability; (vi) alterations or modifications not recommended or approved in writing by Kawasaki; or (vii) wear and deterioration (including loss of engine compression) occasioned by the use of the Product.

5. Regular maintenance service, adjustments or replacement of expendable maintenance items as outlined in the Owner’s Manual, including, but not limited to: filters, spark plugs, brake shoes/pads, impellers and intake grilles, mats, pads, and bumpers.

6. Damage resulting from use of non-recommended lubricant and coolant or the lack thereof.

7. Damage to, or replacement of, belts, tires, chains, sprockets, batteries, bulbs, accessories, cosmetic appearance, gel coat stress cracks, watercraft hulls and handle poles.

8. Damage as a result of sand, water, rust and/or rocks.

9. Damage as a result of excess load, including from occupants and/or cargo; and tow loads in excess of maximum weights as specified in the Owner’s Manual.

10. Deterioration from the elements.

11. Pre-Existing conditions on Pre-Owned Products unless such Pre-Existing conditions were covered under the Kawasaki Limited Warranty or any preceding K.P.P. and this Contract was purchased before expiration of such warranty or preceding K.P.P.

TL:DR  Just to verify that I read all 12 pages correctly:

This deal is still offered through Pete in Richmond, and the new price is $380;
It can be purchased twice to increase warranty by 6 additional years;
The warranty can be transferred to a new owner;

This is all correct?  Thanks in advance.

I just got my extended warranty card from Kawasaki today. It's now called KPP "Kawasaki Protection Plan" & I got it threw Pete, It's now $383 & covers 3 more years so my 2012 is now covered till Jan 2019 !. According to my paperwork it includes emergency road service with Flat tire towing service to tow to the nearest tire repair facility with a max coverage of $250 for all services, Battery Jumper service with max coverage of $100, Delivery service of Gas, oil or water and other accessories & supplies with owner covering cost of the supplies delivered, Towing service if bike is disabled to destination of owners choice for a max cost of $250. So for a 3 year warranty extension with emergency road service for $383 how can you go wrong !!!!!!!. THANKS PETE  :beerchug: 

I wrote Pete a few days ago about getting that warranty... I just got my 2012 and the warranty expired 4 days before I sent the email.  No word back yet.  Hoping they will work with me, but maybe thats why I havent heard back.
Billy

Apparently we can get it in FL now!!! :)

Hi Thomas,

Please send me your complete name, address,phone,  etc and the current mileage. The extension is $383.00.

I will call you for payment once received. No problem on Florida.

Peter Daniel
Sales Department
Ultimate Cycle Discount MotorSports
1820 Anderson Highway
Powhatan, VA 23139
O - 804.897.RIDE (7433)
Fax - 804.897.0929
Email Sales@UltimateCycle.NET
www.UltimateCycle.NET
Facebook.Com/UltimateCycle

Egodriver71 said:
Apparently we can get it in FL now!!! :)

Hi Thomas,

Please send me your complete name, address,phone,  etc and the current mileage. The extension is $383.00.

I will call you for payment once received. No problem on Florida.

Peter Daniel
Sales Department
Ultimate Cycle Discount MotorSports
1820 Anderson Highway
Powhatan, VA 23139
O - 804.897.RIDE (7433)
Fax - 804.897.0929
Email Sales@UltimateCycle.NET
www.UltimateCycle.NET
Facebook.Com/UltimateCycle
Have been able to for awhile now, Enjoy the feeling of being covered for another 3 years  :beerchug:

I emailed Peter last Friday and verified that Ultimate Cycle was still offering the discounted KPP. Yes!  And after a bit of playing phone tag, we closed the deal over the phone today. 3 more years for $383, that's a great price! :beerchug:

Is there ANY REASON to believe that the ability to extend my warranty will not be offered anytime soon??

I still have 1 year left on my OEM warranty ('12 purchased new in March of '14) and I'd really rather not spend $400
right now! ;-)

...no guarantees, I understand - just looking for educated opinions...

thanks guys.

gr

I don't see it going away. The price may increase between now and a year from now, but I'd bet its still offered.

ghostrider990 said:
Is there ANY REASON to believe that the ability to extend my warranty will not be offered anytime soon??

I still have 1 year left on my OEM warranty ('12 purchased new in March of '14) and I'd really rather not spend $400
right now! ;-)

...no guarantees, I understand - just looking for educated opinions...

thanks guys.

gr

the KPP prolly won't disapear, but the reduced pricing Pete has provided to us has no gurantee day to day, personally id take advantage of it as soon as possible, as if it does change, you will be paying 2x as much downstream.

Just received the paperwork from Pete for my second re-up, covered until Feb. 2019.  So that's nine total years of coverage on my 2010.  Great deal.

Thanks to Pete for offering this!  $383 is a steal!

Well, the deal is still going on. Pete hooked me up today for another 3 years. Good thing too since my original factory warranty expires tomorrow! Current price is now $373.

I know it's likely somewhere in the 12 pages of this thread, but can somebody tell me if this can be purchased in advance to extend existing coverage?  Asking because I bought my 2015 in January 2016, so I'm covered till Jan. 2019 as I understand it.  Can I buy KPP now, or is it best to wait till a few months before expiration of the existing warranty?  Any reason to wait?

Thanks guy...sorry for the repeat question.

I believe that you can purchase at any time and specify the start date.  Having said that, why would you want to put out the money for something that you won't use for almost 3 years?  What if you sell the bike, or wreck it, or have a health issue, or or or before the extended coverage even starts?  Money wasted.

BackInTheSaddle said:
I believe that you can purchase at any time and specify the start date.  Having said that, why would you want to put out the money for something that you won't use for almost 3 years?  What if you sell the bike, or wreck it, or have a health issue, or or or before the extended coverage even starts?  Money wasted.
What if this great price is not available in 3 years or Kawasaki decides not to allow someone to Stack up to 9 years of warranty on a motorcycle which I still can't believe they do ?. All good reason to get it while the getting is good  :beerchug:

Zarticus said:
BackInTheSaddle said:
What if this great price is not available in 3 years or Kawasaki decides not to allow someone to Stack up to 9 years of warranty on a motorcycle which I still can't believe they do ?. All good reason to get it while the getting is good  :beerchug:

exactly.
and I will clarify, you can buy it now, and it only goes into effect the day your current plan expires... but, that is good... no possibilty of a lapse... and, the day you get the paperwork showing it's gone thru ( like a week from buying it), you CAN buy another one if so desired..

I find the price something to be stressed if you decide to sell the bike also, you can recoup that cost on your sale price easily, but as a lot of us see, buying a used bike, without any possibility of extending a plan that expired has some folks passing up on the sale, for one that has covereage :truce: :great: :great:

Art said:
I bought into this last year and it's already paid for itself. I had my front rotors replaced under the GTPP just this last week.
Thanks to MOB for setting this deal up!

Did they Warp?

Just got off the phone with Pete and got the warranty extended.  Great guy and great price!  :c017:  :beerchug: