• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013

Uhhhh I dunno...
Did you re up prior?.. is the reup still in service?

Depending on purchase date, which starts the clock on oem warrenty, an extension pops it for 3 years more...a second extension adds 3 more years...
Calculate from purchase point...
If you did 2 updates, you are done... but call anyways, because I wanna know if Pete can slip another one in.... mine expires next month, for my 7/7/07 purchase..

Get it on... :great:

I'll have to look, I just bought the bike and got a card in the mail saying it is still under extended Kawasaki warranty, I'll have to look when I get home.

Just got mine from Pete for $383. Contract came in the mail a few days after I gave Pete the CC info. Fast service. Everything looks good. Another 3 years of piece of mind.

Kudos to Rich for setting this up.  I just got off the phone with Pete and I re-upped the warranty for another 3 yrs for both mine and my brother's bikes. For those interested, the price was still at $383, as mentioned in earlier posts. :great:

I read much of this long thread.  I am still unsure if you can get it on a bike that has expired warranty and you are not the original owner?

smithr1 said:
I read much of this long thread.  I am still unsure if you can get it on a bike that has expired warranty and you are not the original owner?

Ownership doesn't matter, the plans follow the bike, not the owner.

But, there has to be a current as in unexpired, plan still covering it in order to add an extension. It can be the original 36 month plan, or an extension, but it has to be unexpired in order to add another.

2 extensions may be added to the original plan. And then no more can be added.

Also note that the OEM plan does not start until the first sale of the bike, so leftover new bikes on showroom floors are still considered new, and the plan begins when it is sold.

So mine has a factory 3 year warranty. So I can add 3 years making 6 years of warranty and then when that is almost up I can add 3 more for 9 full years?

N/a said:
So mine has a factory 3 year warranty. So I can add 3 years making 6 years of warranty and then when that is almost up I can add 3 more for 9 full years?

You don't have to wait for the second to be almost up.

But yes, you can add TWO extensions for a total of 9 years of warranty coverage.

Last week I called a bike shop near Dallas. (Kawasaki City Irving Tex).
Said they had it now (Nov 2016) for;
12 Mo  $275
24 Mo  $325
36 Mo  $360

Ride safe, Ted

I sent e-mails to Pete requesting the price of a Kawasaki extended warranty on my new ZX-14R but never heard back.  When I had previously contacted him regarding the C-14 warranty I had to follow-up a couple times to finally get an answer.  I called the Kawasaki dealership in Irving, TX this week and got a great price - 4 years for $405 on the ZX-14R.  While I was at it, I bought a 3 year extended warranty on my C-14 for $350.

They have been a Kawasaki dealership since 1969 and that's still all they sell.  Talk to Phil (Manager - he has been there since it opened 37 years ago) and he'll take good care of you.  He's great to deal with...

Just a shout out to Peter Daniels at Ultimate Cycle.  I received a notice from Kawasaki that my GTPP was up for renewal.  Pete got me the same thing for a fraction of Kawasaki's direct price and made it super easy as well.  I just received all the paperwork from Kawasaki showing that I'm good until 2019!

$383 for 3 years!

All,
In case you were not aware of this.  The GTPP extended plans purchase will be refunded to you if unused and the bike is totaled. They will prorate if there is time used off of the term. I received a refund for my unused time on my 2012 after I totaled it out.
Matt

mattchewn said:
All,
In case you were not aware of this.  The GTPP extended plans purchase will be refunded to you if unused and the bike is totaled. They will prorate if there is time used off of the term. I received a refund for my unused time on my 2012 after I totaled it out.
Matt

:great: :great: :great:

mattchewn said:
All,
Matt

Wow, very cool. I rarely buy them up front for that reason of losing money if you get rid of or total the bike. Again, very cool.  :great:

Cap'n Bob said:
mattchewn said:
All,
Matt

Wow, very cool. I rarely buy them up front for that reason of losing money if you get rid of or total the bike. Again, very cool.  :great:

Note that even if you get rid of the bike, any remaining GTPP warranty is transferable to the new owner.  When I got my 2012 there were still 18 months of warranty left.  I filled out a form on the Kawasaki web site informing them that I owned the bike (a good idea regardless since they use that to send out recall notices also) and they sent me a warranty card in the mail.  Remaining warranty is a big plus from a buyer standpoint.

connie_rider said:
12 Mo  $275
24 Mo  $325
36 Mo  $360

Ride safe, Ted
I just hooked up my Versys for another four years for $405. I talked to Adrian at 972 438 9425/ The whole process was concluded in three minutes fifty three seconds. Way cool.

SteveJ. said:
connie_rider said:
12 Mo  $275
24 Mo  $325
36 Mo  $360

Ride safe, Ted
I just hooked up my Versys for another four years for $405. I talked to Adrian at 972 438 9425/ The whole process was concluded in three minutes fifty three seconds. Way cool.

So, I'm curious about this.
I was just about to email Pete D. to extend my warranty on my 12.
But now I see a 4yr ext. for $405, which seems to be a better deal -- BUT, will I only be eligible for an additional 2 year extension when that 4 yr extension runs out in 2021?
Not even sure I'll still have the bike by then, but always good to be prudent about such purchases!

thanks for the feedback!
gr

ghostrider990 said:
SteveJ. said:
connie_rider said:
12 Mo  $275
24 Mo  $325
36 Mo  $360

Ride safe, Ted

So, I'm curious about this.
I was just about to email Pete D. to extend my warranty on my 12.
But now I see a 4yr ext. for $405, which seems to be a better deal -- BUT, will I only be eligible for an additional 2 year extension when that 4 yr extension runs out in 2021?
Not even sure I'll still have the bike by then, but always good to be prudent about such purchases!

thanks for the feedback!
gr

I miss typed on the price for four years, it was $425.

I believe Steve J got a 4 year warranty on his Versys, not his C-14.  As far as I know, the maximum C-14 warranty from Kawasaki is for 3 years each time.  Apparently Kawasaki  maximum year extensions are different for some models.  I did get a 4 year factory extension on my ZX-14R at Irwin, TX Kawasaki for $405.  FWIW, I also got the 3 year factory extension there on my C-14 for $350.  Both of my extensions were from Ma Kawasaki and not other companies.

So VA dealership now lists 3yr ext for C14 @ $383, and the TX dealership is $360 for the same?

Is there TAX involved in this transaction?  Wondering why one store is offering cheaper, and what would dissuade me from taking the cheaper option is they are both same warranty offered from Mama Kaw??

Thanks guys.

gr

Warranty extension was 4 years for $425 on a 650 Versys LT at Irwin TX for factory warranty. The Versys came with two years warranty and max available is six years including the two year original.

In November I paid $350 for my C-14 3 year factory Kawasaki warranty extension at Irwin TX Kawasaki.  No sales tax.  Truly an "out the door price" and they are great to work with!  They have been an exclusively Kawasaki dealership since 1969.

The 10% difference in price between the dealer in Texas, and Pete in Virginia is minimal at best, both offer great prices compared to everyone else, including Lad when they send you their literature for renewing.

If Texas is easier or closer to you, I highly recommend them,  I also very highly recommend Ultimate in Richmond, as Pete has been offering this reduced price to us for a very long time, I think the Texas dealer was told about Pete's pricing, and found the reality in offering it also, as the time involved in filing a simple form, is so minimal and the benefits of showing Kaw good numbers for warranty sales far surpasses the need for price gouging, its kinda a no brainer for them both.

Either dealer gets major kudos for supporting us on these,  :great: :great:

When I spoke with Pete about the price going up a couple years ago, he told me it wasn't really his choice, and that the "program" cost did go up slightly when it changed from GTPP to KPP, he said he riased the price to cover the increase, but maintained he same profit (which I think was $20 for filing)

Best of luck to all, and either way, its affordable protection  :beerchug:

Thanks MOB.

Given his comittment to the community, Ill give Pete first dibs.  :)

Also:
i KNOW this has been discussed ad nauseum in the past, but I can't read over 13 pages of posts to find the answer.  :truce:

What implications to the factory warranty do modifications present??
I have a modded zx14 dual exhaust and currently running steves' decel flash.

My typical understanding is, that if the mod can't be PROVEN to cause the issue, then most shops will honor the warranty.
I would equate this to, if a rear seal fails on the Drive, none of my mods would be directly related to THAT failure, and would likely be covered.

If I grenaded the Engine on overrun, or ingested a valve from overheating or poor mixture (unlikely, I know) that might be a different situation.

I'd ask now (if anyone cares to answer) what are the more commom warranty claims on this bike, that we know of??
I've seen several, such as brakes warping, rear drive seal, and a few others that I would consider to be non-engine related warranty claims.

Thoughts and input appreciated.

Thanks as always guys.

gr

GR,
The Magnussen/Moss act spelled it all out. Any failure under warranty is covered unless that failure can be DIRECTLY proven to be caused by a modification from the original configuration. All the warranty claim stuff I know of is external to the engine with the exception on a few '10 models puking tranny gear teeth and jamming up the works. 
Popular warranty items are front rotors and windshield mechanisms, Tire pressure sensors, a couple final drive leaks also. not really much in the grand scheme of things.
Matt

Thanks Matt.
That's all on par with what I remember and expect.
And yet again, a $400 ($133 per year)will easily pay for any one of those known maladies,
should one crop-up in the next few years.
The only thing that I can think of that is wrong with my bike now with just over 15k miles, is the Cam Sensor o-ring is weeping.
Tried to replace it last year, but couldn't get the replacement that MOB sent me to fit in the hole (that's what SHE said).

Knock on wood, no other issues thus far.
Mobil1 20/50 Full syn, and Final Drive dump at every oil change.
What a great bike.
Not sorry I didn't spend 2x the money to buy a BMW.  :nananana:

gr

***Update****
I pulled the trigger on the 3 year ext thru Ultimate. Should have papers from Kawi in a week.
I figure if nothing else, it will pay for all the little things that tend to break long before the motor will!
Thanks to all for the input and advice.

Just purchased an extra 3 years for my bike from the guys in Irving TX.  Seem like really nice guys to me over the phone.  It was a very quick and easy process and they even send an e-mail confirmation for the transaction.  The final price was $370 dollars which is negligible between the two venders offering the extended warranty.  With that being said, your free to make your choice as I am sure both are great people.

Just purchased warranty #3 that will take me to 9 years.  Haven't had a single issue so far, but still a no-brainer for a C-14 with over 50K miles and now covered until 2020.  :beerchug:

Yep, just re-upped mine as well.  It took longer for the guy who answered the phone to track Adrian down than it did to make the purchase.

The quoted rate was different than the $370 above, but if you ask nicely he'll do it for $370.

I received my paperwork after only a few days, so thanks Pete at Ultimate Cycle!  $383.00.  This is my second renewal, and I noticed that it is now called "Kawasaki Protection Plus"  Apologies if this was discussed before, but I see that the program now includes Emergency Road Side service.  I don't recall seeing that offer on the last program?

c-14warranty.jpg

For those of you in the Md area,
Heyser Cycles in Laurel has agreed to match the pricing for the warranty extensions through Kawi as well. I have been dealing with them for several years now and they have always taken good care of me as a customer. I will be getting my second extension through them. (already had the first on it when I got the bike).
Matt

4Bikes said:
I received my paperwork after only a few days, so thanks Pete at Ultimate Cycle!  $383.00.  This is my second renewal, and I noticed that it is now called "Kawasaki Protection Plus"  Apologies if this was discussed before, but I see that the program now includes Emergency Road Side service.  I don't recall seeing that offer on the last program?

c-14warranty.jpg
I emailed Ultimate Cycle about the Roadside Emergency Service question, and here is the answer.............

Yes, Roadside is now included ! A plus for sure.

Peter Daniel
Sales Department

Seems to justify the price jump when the name of the program changed.

For those who purchased from Pete..Did you have to sign, and send the paperwork back ? We got our contract today which was a renew on a transfer from the original owner. It doesnt say anything, but I wanted to make sure we are good to go. I left a message, just wanted to make sure we are good to go.

TIA

I wasn't sure about sending the paperwork back, and note that there was nothing to sign with the old style agreement.  I signed it, scanned it, and emailed it back anyway, but not sure it was necessary.  I'm thinking if it was absolutely necessary, there would be a note to do it. 

Original factory warranty on my '12 model expired on 3/28 and approx. a week ago contacted Pete and e mailed him the data on their form and later called and gave CC no. and within couple days have the additional 3 yr. warranty contract in my hands. Not aware of anything needing signed an sent back?? 

I received two envelopes.  The one from Kawasaki had the registration card. The fat envelope from Ultimate had the Kawasaki Protection Plus contract with the "initial this" sections and signature part.  HTH.

Early last week contacted Pete inquired about the extended warranty, e mailed the required data, payment made and in couple days rec'd the agreement.  This week rec'd the wallet card from Kawasaki showing the extended warranty is in in force until 2020. 
Very smooth hassle free deal and glad I did it since I plan on keeping the bike for quite a while.  Would mention that you get the road side assistance program with this deal, a plus. 

HI Guys - Swampy needs to renew warranty on 2010 C14 in next 60 days. Letter from Kawi says $550. I am in Florida - can I take advantage of this $339 deal?

Thanks

Swamp

SteveJ. said:
Yup, worked for me.

You and Swampy better talk on the phone, and discuss this further before his time runs out... please....

I cannot confirm Pete can write this deal for Florida residents, just saying, as it was an issue in the past... so ....... disscuss it.

:great:

MAN OF BLUES said:
SteveJ. said:
Yup, worked for me.

You and Swampy better talk on the phone, and discuss this further before his time runs out... please....

I cannot confirm Pete can write this deal for Florida residents, just saying, as it was an issue in the past... so ....... disscuss it.

:great:

What's to talk about?  I bought the extension and got the receipt and new card in the mail.

If there is an issue it's with the Floriduh AG office and Bondie is too busy sucking up to Trump to mess with me. I'm sure MaKaw doesn't really care as it's a Floriduh thing.

I have a 100% beneficial and mostly positive experience with extended warranty claims. I barely made it in time by getting the warranty purchased as the factory warranty ran out. In late June of 2015 my bike was in for a broken windshield motor. The dealer told me the bad news that my warranty was expired and it would be out of pocket expense. I asked about the date of expiration on the warranty and they couldn't really give me a good answer. I knew my warranty started in June of 2012.

That's when I got on the COG and looked up the article for extended warranty and the PHONE NUMBER. I called immediately to extend the warranty. Success! Meanwhile - The parts were ordered by the dealer from Kawa and took a few weeks to arrive. When the parts came in I checked with the dealer regarding my warranty. They were surprised to find out I had somehow slipped in and acquired an extended warranty. They asked me how that happened and I told them I called and bought an extended warranty and they said, WHY DIDN'T YOU LET US SELL YOU.. wait... never mind.

Since then I've never had a claim turned down for any reason. I have 50,000 miles on the clock now on a '12 C14.

Here are the items I remember I've had fixed under the extended warranty:

1. Windshield Motor
2. Front Rotors
3. Tire Pressure Monitors - 4 separate times
4. Oil leak from cam sensor
5. Oil leak from valve cover
6. Fork seals - this got me a whole fork rebuild last month April 2017 - reset the sag and everything

I am super courteous and hold my tongue with the dealer. Even bring a word of encouragement to the understaffed and overworked shop. Techs are hard to keep around here. Good techs are impossible to keep. If you have one good man you are golden. This dealer has one.
A few times I've gotten free tire mounting because I've brought in new tires during the other repairs that required tire removal. This comes as a small benefit for the incredibly slow turn around for getting the bike repaired. Never less than a week. Many times 3-4 weeks. This is the reason I decided to get a second bike so I'm always ready to ride. Many of you are shaking your head and thinking why don't you just do your own wrenching? I do a tiny bit like regular maintenance and farkling. But the warranty stuff and tires? I just like to ride!

Yes, I wish Fred Harmon lived next door instead of the other side of Texas. Yes, I need Steve in Sunny Florida to move into my neighborhood. But since that ain't likely we just need to work it out with the local assets and the available warranty coverage.

I meet COG people and riders who can do seemingly everything to their bikes. I'm jealous. But I just like to RIDE. I emailed SISF about working over my 2005 C10 this fall. I'm thinking about letting him do ALL of his SHOODABEN magic on my classic touring machine. After that it may be time for some work on the ECU on the C14?

See you on the road...

Notice the title; GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013

The offer has probably changed since 2013,,,
Please call a dealer and find out.
Then,, post the info here for the benefit of others.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Notice the title; GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013

The offer has probably changed since 2013,,,
Please call a dealer and find out.
Then,, post the info here for the benefit of others.

Ride safe, Ted

Price had to rise a couple years back, iirc its currently $389
Sorry, the forum system does not let me go back and modify the posting... :mad:

Still, a great price.

A moderator will be along to fix it. I agree it's somewhat of a pain not to be able to edit your older messages. On the other hand, every time I ask a moderator to edit an older message they are quick to do it. That new price is what I paid for my second and last possible warranty good to July 2020.  That is amazing for the price. I should point out, I never needed it (yet) since the C-14 is bulletproof....and where is the knocking on wood emoji anyway?

:)) :))

Hard to believe that this discount has been here for us, for 6 years going strong.... :beerchug: :great: :great: :great:

I have to call Pete, and thank him again, as he has been such a good source for our group...

Does this warranty start at the END of the factory warranty or on the date it's purchased? (Yeah, the answer is probably "back there" somewhere). Thanks.

Just renewed my warranty for another 3 years, the price just went up beginning the 6th of June.
It is still quite a bargain, under 400 for 3 more years.
I realized as I was renewing it that I have kept this 2011 C14 bike longer than any other bike I have ever had and still love to ride it even though I have 3 other bikes that are newer, which is quite a testament  for the C14.
I can't wait for an updated version with more power, cruise control and better electronics.

harrykaw said:
I extended my 2012 warranty on June 13th for another three years for $383.

And I extended my 2011 (CA) warranty on August 3 with Pete at Ultimate Cycle in VA for another three years for $393.

He said the price just went up again. I was already in the Ultimate Cycle system, this is my second extension with them.
All paperwork (from Ultimate Cycle & from Kawasaki) in hand within a week. Good service.

3 days ago I renewed my 3 year Kawa PP on my 2012 C14 for $345.00 with Phil at Kawasaki City in Irving. Nothing like having a Factory warranty. At first, when I checked to verify coverage was in place on the Mykawasaki.com site (owner center), it wouldn't show. I called Kawasaki and they had me remove my bike and then re-add it using the VIN. Worked like a charm and all the coverage showed up. Be Safe.

Extended warranty on my 2013 for 3 years with Pete at Ultimate Cycles.  Cost was $393.  East peasy dealing with Pete. 

Hey guys.....So just to clarify.  I am picking up a 2009 on Saturday with 6700 miles on it.  I can get the extended warranty for it?

Thanks

~Bogie

Bogie said:
Hey guys.....So just to clarify.  I am picking up a 2009 on Saturday with 6700 miles on it.  I can get the extended warranty for it?

Thanks

~Bogie

depends on when it was sold as new from dealer, as in first titled... maybe, if it sat in a showroom for a couple years..

an 09 with OEM warrenty, sold in 09, would have had to been renewed every three years, and only two renewals would be allowed...
so, 09 thru 12, 12 thru15, and 15 thru 17... if they were stacked...
no lapses could have been allowed...

so if it was sold prior to 10/ 2012, as a new bike, basically its a no go.
sorry

MAN OF BLUES said:
Bogie said:

Thanks

~Bogie

depends on when it was sold as new from dealer, as in first titled... maybe, if it sat in a showroom for a couple years..

an 09 with OEM warrenty, sold in 09, would have had to been renewed every three years, and only two renewals would be allowed...
so, 09 thru 12, 12 thru15, and 15 thru 17... if they were stacked...
no lapses could have been allowed...

so if it was sold prior to 10/ 2012, as a new bike, basically its a no go.
sorry

Well poop!! LOL Thanks for the info brutha.  :beerchug:

Another happy camper! I got the extended warranty for my new 2012 Concours. This time it was $393. I was about 9 days from expiration. Thanks for making this happen!

I currently have an extended warranty good out to 2020.  If I extend it a further 3 years, that takes it out to 2023 and costs $686 according to the website.  Does this sound right?  Would I get a different price if I went to through the dealer?

NukeWorker said:
I currently have an extended warranty good out to 2020.  If I extend it a further 3 years, that takes it out to 2023 and costs $686 according to the website.  Does this sound right?  Would I get a different price if I went to through the dealer?

Yeah going through the dealer is way cheaper which what I did for the 3 year extension. Now the website shows only 1 year extension option left. 

Just sent my info / mileage / VIN to Pete @ sales@ultimatecycle.net  $393 is
a great deal for unlimited factory warranty!
Thank you guys for keeping this thread going!  :beerchug:

NukeWorker said:

Buy it from Pete, at Ultimate Cycle, instructions for this are in the beginning of the thread...
$393 for 36 months...

Tell him I said hi... I have to call him and chat....
Great dealer, good people....

I'm glad to see they're still selling these.  I sent an email last week and haven't gotten a response yet.  I'll try once more.

Vinnie

flashback50 said:
I just re-upped for 3 more years with Adrian at Kawasaki City in Irving Texas for $370.00.. Took about 5 minutes.

Contact info handy?  And it all checked out OK with the KAW website?

Irving (Texas) Kawasaki  972.438.9425  Good people to deal with.

I got factory Kawasaki warranty extensions on both my C-14 and ZX-14R from them.  I received the warranty cards directly from Mom Kawasaki.

d04011 said:

I got Kawasaki warranty extensions on both my C-14 and ZX-14R from them.  I received the warranty cards directly from Mom Kawasaki.

Good info thanks! 

And...... I prefer giving my money to a TX business in any case.

JTX said:
d04011 said:

I got Kawasaki warranty extensions on both my C-14 and ZX-14R from them.  I received the warranty cards directly from Mom Kawasaki.

Good info thanks! 

Just ask for Adrian, have your vin # handy and credit card and it takes about 5 minutes.  I bought mine about 2 pm and by 4 pm it showed on Kawi site as being extended thru 2021 ( Was out of warranty 1-20-2018 )

flashback50 said:
JTX said:
d04011 said:

Good info thanks! 

Just ask for Adrian, have your vin # handy and credit card and it takes about 5 minutes.  I bought mine about 2 pm and by 4 pm it showed on Kawi site as being extended thru 2021 ( Was out of warranty 1-20-2018 )

Nice.  Mine is Feb 10.

JTX said:
flashback50 said:
JTX said:
d04011 said:

Good info thanks! 

Nice.  Mine is Feb 10.

Be sure to tell him you are a member on the COG forum.

flashback50 said:
JTX said:
flashback50 said:
JTX said:
d04011 said:

Good info thanks! 

Nice.  Mine is Feb 10.

Be sure to tell him you are a member on the COG forum.

Yeah I had planned on mentioning that .

Got my receipt and paperwork from Kawi city Irving yesterday and got my new warranty card from Mama Kawi today  :beerchug:

flashback50 said:
Got my receipt and paperwork from Kawi city Irving yesterday and got my new warranty card from Mama Kawi today  :beerchug:

I'm gonna call this month myself.

flashback50 said:

5 Minutes on the dot.  Got it done for the $370 3 year.

Thanks for the heads up!

Adrian was quick and easy to deal with.

ETA: As someone else said they had to remove, re-add their VIN for it to show up online.  I had to do the same thing.  Deleted it. Then added it and it showed the renewal.

JTX said:
flashback50 said:

5 Minutes on the dot.  Got it done for the $370 3 year.

Thanks for the heads up!

Adrian was quick and easy to deal with.

ETA: As someone else said they had to remove, re-add their VIN for it to show up online.  I had to do the same thing.  Deleted it. Then added it and it showed the renewal.

I didn't have to do that, but then I had never added my bike until a couple hours after I had purchased the warranty from  Adrian  :great: :beerchug:

MAN OF BLUES said:
updated: SEE http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27046.msg189623.html#msg189623

UPDATE 1/25/2018 - Just spoke with Pete and current price is $359.  Kawasaki.com's price (as of today) is $704.

UPDATED 2/23/2013
UPDATED INFO 2/23/2013

just got off the phone with Pete, and he would like to thank all of you for your devoted trust, and patronage.
You have helped him acheive the #8 spot in the U.S.A. Kawasaki dealerships...
Kudos to all!!! ;)

Pete asked me to stress that if you send him an e-mail with all your info, PLEASE LEAVE A NUMBER HE CAN CALL YOU BACK AT, so he can securely get your charge card # that is the fastest and most efficient method for purchasing the GTPP.
He applogised for some of the missed calls, but folks need to understand he is not always there to recieve a call, so the e-mail with a callback number is still the best way to accomplish this timely

Also, I need to update the info needed to:

"if you do not include payment info in your email, please list a day time
phone number that the dealership can call you to obtain the payment info"

Hows this for a screaming deal!!!  He will also offer this special to other
models from Kawasaki too for june and July ONLY!

Jump on this folks...
I think there is going to  be a price increase August 1st

follow the instructions:

$339.00 FROM MY FRIENDS AT ULTIMATE CYCLE:

"Hi  Rich,
Thanks for your help. Kawasaki will send out the gtpp policy and we will
send via us-mail the paid receipt showing purchase date of the product.

PRIOR TO CALLING: Here is what I need to know from each one via e-mail. Getting this
information over the phone causes too many mistakes. However, for those that
do not wish to transmit their credit cards electronically,
they may call in*** their cc # to 804-330-4800 and my extension is 110. ***  "

Email to:    sales(at)UltimateCycle(dot)NET 
remove the (at) and (dot), and do symbols.....

*Registered Name:
*Address:
*City:
*State:
*Zip code:
*Phone:
*Year , make , model , color:
*VIN#:
*Current mileage:

***Credit card type - MC/Visa/Amex:
***Credit Card #:
***Expiration Date:
***Sec Code on back of card (front for Amex):

"if you do not include payment info in your email, please list a day time
phone number that the dealership can call you to obtain the payment info"

We will charge the $339.00 to their card and send the credit card receipt
and invoice to the listed address. We will electronically register the GTPP
which will take effect 10 days after we register. We do register daily, so
there is no delay at all.

Also, we will beat any deal on new Concours'
Thanks again,
Pete

these are my pals here in Richmond
Ultimate Cycle
8321 Midlothian Tpk.
Richmond, Va 23235

www.ultimateCycle.net

NOTE: THIS OFFER APPLIES TO OWNERS IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S.A. ONLY, AND EXCLUDES FLORIDA RESIDENTS BY FLORIDA LAW.

ALSO NOTE, THIS OFFER IS ONLY VALID WHEN PURCHASED OVER THE INTERNET, OR SPEAKING PERSONALLY TO PETE DANIALS DIRECTLY VIA TELEPHONE....

I have to admit, and with great sincerity to my club, all i did was contact my dealer and open a portal...
I have a great sense of ownership when a dealer steps up, and sticks his neck on the line, especially when he trusts my (past/current) position with the group... I can only thank him greatly, and assure him that his effort, and generosity to our group, will be returned tenfold in response by us as  a whole... that my friends is all I can do.
my desire to find an outlet that will give me what I consider an acceptable outlet for what we need, as a group, has been shared. grab it up, and best wishes to y'all, I hope to see you on the road...

oh yeah, if you are in the neighborhood, stop in there and thank Pete man to man, shake his hand, and introduce youself as a true COG'r..... that's what WE do...spread the word.
and again to coin a phrase I wrote a few times..."here's the free prize, in every box..."

note: I've had this posted on "the other site" for years, to compile a database of peoples and questions/answers, this was all lost in the transition, but I have retained much of it.
I'm posting it here now to make sure I can share this for as long as my pal Pete continues to offer it.... I believe at last count he has provided over 150 of us with this great price.
ref:
http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0

UPDATED 3/28/2012
I will add, In conversation today, Pete has specifically told me that IF you bought the bike NEW, and are THE ORIGINAL OWNER who ALREADY HAS a GTPP in effect, HE CAN and WILL be able to add additional time for the additional costs, another 36 months, but I think it is a few bucks more....still cheap.!!!!!

I just left a test drive of a 2012 C14 with 9,500 miles that still has the original warranty under the original owner until the end of May. I'm definitely going to want to grab an extended warranty for my piece of mind. I'd much rather be wearing a bullet proof vest and never need it, than need it and not have it! I'm missing that black beauty already. It feels like being a Groom right before the wedding and I cant see my bride again until the wedding. Going to be going to the bank in the morning and calling insurance company.

That's great.. :great: :great:

Just don't get caught up in rapture, and let the existing warranty expire, that should be the very next thing you do,nsame day as getting your insurance... also note, you will need to stop at a kaw dealer, and have that original warrenty electronically transferred into your name, as the second owner, this is important... so, best of luck, buy, insure, transfer exiting warranty, and call Pete and get your extension right away... then go ride... and feel happy, oh, you can re up the KPP twice only, so, make sure you don't forget 36 monthes from now, to re up.

:beerchug:

MAN OF BLUES said:
That's great.. :great: :great:

Just don't get caught up in rapture, and let the existing warranty expire, that should be the very next thing you do,nsame day as getting your insurance... also note, you will need to stop at a kaw dealer, and have that original warrenty electronically transferred into your name, as the second owner, this is important... so, best of luck, buy, insure, transfer exiting warranty, and call Pete and get your extension right away... then go ride... and feel happy, oh, you can re up the KPP twice only, so, make sure you don't forget 36 monthes from now, to re up.

:beerchug:

I bought mine used from a kawi dealer and all I had to do was go online and transfer it to my name. A few days later I had a warranty card From kawi with my name on it.

The original owner is paying off his loan at the end of the week so he should have the title in a couple weeks. My plan was to call Pete before I call insurance and go to the DMV.

Sounds like being a 2012 the original owner already re-upped it once already so only one re-up left of 3 years. Unless it was a leftover purchased new in 2015.

Sirk said:
The original owner is paying off his loan at the end of the week so he should have the title in a couple weeks. My plan was to call Pete before I call insurance and go to the DMV.

MOB,
I was going by this post. But I see, after reading the thread you posted that the OP did buy it leftover in 2015.

Hello Friends

Just spoke to Adrian @  Kawasaki City  , Irving TX  and the renewal for 3 years  is  $ 370  :)
Transaction took less than three minutes  Sweet !!!!

Safe travels Everyone !!

Chuck

Pete of Ultimate Cycle was great to deal with! He answered my questions really quick and helped me get things squared away before the previous owner's original factory warranty expired. I was running out of time due to waiting on the title to come in from the previous owner's finance company. I would gladly do business with Pete again and definitely will recommend him to  everyone I can. Hopefully when I make my first trip on my new to me 2012 C14 I can make a little detour on the way home to shake his hand and thank him in person!

Just bought this from Ultimate Cycle. Emailed for Pete, got a callback from Mark Burton (?) the finance guy. Took about 5 minutes and waiting on the paperwork. It's $359. Maw Kaw direct mailed me and wanted $500+.

Been reading this information...I just purchased a 2014 Concours (warranty expired) so am I out off luck related to the GTPP?

spartan1984 said:
Been reading this information...I just purchased a 2014 Concours (warranty expired) so am I out off luck related to the GTPP?

If the existing warranty is truley expired, than it cannot be upgraded, sorry...
But, unless you have the VIN number run, via kawasaki, and know when the bike was first sold, and registered to an owner, you or I cannot be sure... many bikes are sold 'new on showroom floor' a year after they were made (like a 2014 that was purchased in 2015, or 2016)... so you need to find this info out... don't just assume it's expired because it's a 2014, that you just purchased as a second owner.

You can contact the people noted in this thread, and they will be glad to run your VIN.
best of luck.

MAN OF BLUES said:
spartan1984 said:

If the existing warranty is truley expired, than it cannot be upgraded, sorry...
But, unless you have the VIN number run, via kawasaki, and know when the bike was first sold, and registered to an owner, you or I cannot be sure... many bikes are sold 'new on showroom floor' a year after they were made (like a 2014 that was purchased in 2015, or 2016)... so you need to find this info out... don't just assume it's expired because it's a 2014, that you just purchased as a second owner.

You can contact the people noted in this thread, and they will be glad to run your VIN.
best of luck.

My 2014 was bought in October 2015, so I extended the warranty in August of this year.

MOB and ron,

Went to the Kawasaki website, input my VIN and it said...Warranty Expiration Date - 1/30/2018 :'( UGH!!!

Barry

:'(

Hate that.  But on the up side, chances are you won't need it. If you were likely TO need it, you probably couldn't buy it anyways.

So is the going rate from Pete still $359?  Also, since I live in FLA, should I use a relatives address out of state or have things changed as it relates to Florida insurance laws?

Craig