• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #7 / Final Fall Fling dates

connie_rider

The only marginal Arkansas road that I rode, was {drumroll} "your driveway".
The rest were great.

IronButtAl said:
Looking forward to seeing all you knuckleheads again😘

Ideer 🙉;
If {Ironbutt} Al comes, can we make "him" do a "non"-rain dance?
{It might not work, but would be funny as heck}.
Tell him (after he dances),, he can lead us on the rides...

Ride safe, Ted

Attachments

• 20150721_203141.jpg
    20150721_203141.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20150721_203211.jpg
    20150721_203211.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

ZG/ZN Kim

I am throwing all caution into the wind on this one. I registered today, not knowing how the weather will be here in 3-4 weeks. But I have ridden out on snow before. I think this event will fill up. Worst case, if I cannot make it, I will "scalp" my spot to some "Texan a little slow on the draw".
The last time I was at the Final Fling, 2-3 years ago. Froze my azz off. The only time I have worn my electric heated jacket.
Once again, thank you Burnette family.

Last edited:

connie_rider

COGnosticator; It's going to be good to see you again..
NOTE: {You owe me money}..
But that's not unusual, you owe everyone money.

Ride safe, Ted

SteveJ

I just looked, 39 registered, only one opening left.

Testimony to a well executed event and good folks. Thanks Cliff, Jimmy, and family and helpers for making this an awesome event, year after year.

Just Cliff

Okay Thursday night dinner will be chilli, served with crackers & shredded cheese. Jimmie will start making batches of it this weekend & freezing.

We'll work out the volunteer situation once you arrive. Biggest thing will be Friday, Saturday morning breakfast cooks. Sunday is grab & go since so many leave out early.

There will be quite a few here on Wed., so we can order in pizza or you're on your own.

Looks as if this event has filled all 40 spots available in just 20 days. Hated to cut attendance back, but seemed in the best interest of all due the virus.

See y'all here!

Last edited:

COGnosticator

COGnosticator; It's going to be good to see you again..
NOTE: {You owe me money}..
But that's not unusual, you owe everyone money.

Ride safe, Ted

Hey Big Man, let me hold a dollar LOL I tried to get Konehead to come with me but to no avail

Good to see you too Ted

Fred H.

Administrator
Industry Vendor
My house is in Mountain Home, just 10 miles from Push Mountain road, and my home and workshop will be open to anyone who wants to stop by during the rally or needs assistance. I'm going to try to attend the rally on Friday night, but will have to return home on Saturday.

lovelle

Well shucks! Looks like I missed it. After a long delay due to hardware problems on my 'puter I tried to register for the event but was advised it was full. Well maybe next time unless I can sneak in without Cliff or Ted catching me. And I just got a brand new bike yesterday. Rats!!!
Y'all have fun.
Lovelle
COG 4446

Just Cliff

Well shucks! Looks like I missed it. After a long delay due to hardware problems on my 'puter I tried to register for the event but was advised it was full.
Lovelle
COG 4446

We hated to cut back on attendance but felt it was the best thing to do under the current circumstances. We want everybody to feel safe.

There is a waiting list for this event, so if you're registered & can't come let us know. That will allow someone else a opportunity, fee can be worked out between you.

There will be extra a hand washing station along with plenty of sanitizer & more tables so everyone can spread out to their liking.

Don't forget your face covering, you'll need while going through the food line!

connie_rider

Thinking about what we're bringing to the rally this year.
Jim and I plan to use his Motorcycle Trailer for camping and will not be using "Trump Tower".
So, the legendary "Trump Tower" is available if anyone wants a bigger tent to sleep in?
Let me know if you want to use it, and I'll add it to my pack up.

Ride safe, Ted

Konehead34

Jim, send me some pics of ur trailer during cliffs rally. U have my email. Id like to see what mods u made and how ur laid out for sleeping etc. Ted is gonna be so.upset im.not coming, but if the cognosticator is still.going, im sending beer money along....cuz i owe ted....and wont see him til next years national...

jim snyder

Jim, send me some pics of ur trailer during cliffs rally. U have my email. Id like to see what mods u made and how ur laid out for sleeping etc. Ted is gonna be so.upset im.not coming, but if the cognosticator is still.going, im sending beer money along....cuz i owe ted....and wont see him til next years national...
Ok will do.

Fred H.

Administrator
Industry Vendor
We are thinking about hosting a lunch stop at my house on either Friday or Saturday, but I'll need a head count to make sure we have enough food. My house is located about 10 miles from Push Mountain Rd, so you could come up and ride Push Mountain and then head over to Mountain Home for lunch. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this.

connie_rider

Fred, {Jim and} I would be interested as we ride together.
Generally we ride with a group of about 5.
Would need to know the day so we can schedule our route that day.
Been wanting to see your new house and shop..

Ride safe, Ted

Fred H.

Administrator
Industry Vendor
Let's shoot for Friday. I'll have a simple lunch ready for about 20 people or until we run out of food. Will most likely be subway sandwiches, chips, and drinks or something similar.

Just Cliff

We are thinking about hosting a lunch stop at my house on either Friday or Saturday, but I'll need a head count to make sure we have enough food. My house is located about 10 miles from Push Mountain Rd, so you could come up and ride Push Mountain and then head over to Mountain Home for lunch. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this.
Let's shoot for Friday. I'll have a simple lunch ready for about 20 people or until we run out of food. Will most likely be subway sandwiches, chips, and drinks or something similar.

This is a very generous offer from Fred & Dianne. (y) Hats off to them!

Always Young

Life, is attitude.....be positive
If there's still room I'd like to ride with you guys for the lunch. It's my first time at this event and don't know who to ride with yet.

motocommuter

SE AAD GA
If there's still room I'd like to ride with you guys for the lunch. It's my first time at this event and don't know who to ride with yet.
Tom, if you are talking to me, you are welcome to ride with us. I have a route that I usually do up to Mountain Home that is a decent ride.

Fred H.

Administrator
Industry Vendor
Just be warned, Mountain Home has at least 3 cops for every resident. The state hwy patrol are located here, as well as county sheriffs office, local police etc. So watch your speed coming into town and the surrounding areas.

zgjim

How many people are planning to stay at the motel? My camping days are well in the rear view mirror.

lovelle

How many people are planning to stay at the motel? My camping days are well in the rear view mirror.
Jim:
When I made my reservations for the motel she said there were a few others staying there. I have since canceled mine due to the imposed COVID restrictions and not being able to register for the event. Going to New Mexico to ride the mountains. Much much closer to me anyway. Bought a 2020 FJR1300ES and just finished the break-in. It would be a shame not to let it run!

Have Fun!
Lovelle
COG 4446

Motomaniac

Street Cruiser
Sorry Cliff I cannot make it out there along with my Southwest buddies. Looks like you will have another great turnout! I was really looking forward to riding those marginal Arkansas roads! :D Have a lotta fun and hope everyone enjoys themselves and be safe!

ONOBob

Hey Cliff, I have to cancel.
My sister has tested positive for covid19.
Her symptoms began Oct6th. Minor flue like symptoms for 3 days.
Then loss of smell and taste for 3 days......
So she got tested Wednesday.
Got the positive results yesterday.
She's fine now.

I have not been around my sister since September 20th.
But, she was at our parents last Sunday. I was at our parents last Wednesday.
Best to play it safe.

I have 2 reservations. 1 member, 1 guest.
I believe you have a waiting list.
Do you want to pass me to the first in line, or I can cancel tomorrow with the $10 fee.

Please advise.
Thanks
Bob

ONOBob

Hey Cliff, I have to cancel.
My sister has tested positive for covid19.
Her symptoms began Oct6th. Minor flue like symptoms for 3 days.
Then loss of smell and taste for 3 days......
So she got tested Wednesday.
Got the positive results yesterday.
She's fine now.

I have not been around my sister since September 20th.
But, she was at our parents last Sunday. I was at our parents last Wednesday.
Best to play it safe.

I have 2 reservations. 1 member, 1 guest.
I believe you have a waiting list.
Do you want to pass me to the first in line, or I can cancel tomorrow with the $10 fee.

Please advise.
Thanks
Bob
This really sux...... My wife and I were so looking forward to this.

Just Cliff

Since Bob is having to regretfully cancel it will open two spots for the waiting list. I can't access it, but am trying to get it so I can see who's on it that might fill his spots.

I would like to fill these spots in the order the list was made if possible, provided I get the list. However if you'd like to attend contact ONOBob & work out the registration fee between y'all.

MotoWojo

COG #465
Since Bob is having to regretfully cancel it will open two spots for the waiting list. I can't access it, but am trying to get it so I can see who's on it that might fill his spots.

I would like to fill these spots in the order the list was made if possible, provided I get the list. However if you'd like to attend contact ONOBob & work out the registration fee between y'all.
Hey Cliff,

We really should honor the waitlist, which I just sent you in an email. Once we have the next two individuals confirmed, I can help you move them from the waitlist to the registration list.

Cheers!

Mark

Just Cliff

Hey Cliff,

We really should honor the waitlist, which I just sent you in an email. Once we have the next two individuals confirmed, I can help you move them from the waitlist to the registration list.

Cheers!

Mark
emails have been to those on the waiting list in the order that they were put on it. No responses yet, so possibly 2 last minute spots left.

Looks like it's going to be good weather. I've got my 😷 and getting ready for a great weekend.
Weather is looking great, slightly above normal temperatures & only 30% chance of rain Friday.
Hi Fred,

I'd like to come for lunch, if there's still room. Thanks!
I'll get a little more accurate head count for Fred during Thurs. night dinner. Some will not see his offer on the forum.

Grocery shopping starts today, got the pasture mowed yesterday, still gotta get the shop cleaned up & pick up a few more tables.

See y'all this week!

COGnosticator

emails have been to those on the waiting list in the order that they were put on it. No responses yet, so possibly 2 last minute spots left.

Weather is looking great, slightly above normal temperatures & only 30% chance of rain Friday.

I'll get a little more accurate head count for Fred during Thurs. night dinner. Some will not see his offer on the forum.

Grocery shopping starts today, got the pasture mowed yesterday, still gotta get the shop cleaned up & pick up a few more tables.

See y'all this week!
I plan to be there Thursday around 2pm

IronButtAl

The only marginal Arkansas road that I rode, was {drumroll} "your driveway".
The rest were great.

IronButtAl said:
Looking forward to seeing all you knuckleheads again😘

Ideer 🙉;
If {Ironbutt} Al comes, can we make "him" do a "non"-rain dance?
{It might not work, but would be funny as heck}.
Tell him (after he dances),, he can lead us on the rides...

Ride safe, Ted
Ted, you couldn't find a photo of me on the H2R in Frankfurt huh. You're a sick bastard buddy

connie_rider

Your calling "me" {Mr polite/the King of Cool} a sick Bas____? :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Ooooootay; Here's the H2R {and your sleeping Buddy}

PS: See ya soon Honey.

Ride safe, Ted

Attachments

• DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20150803_064618.jpg
    20150803_064618.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 16

Cookie

And to think I'm going to miss this friendly banter at Cliff's. Have fun. Maybe I'll get to be there next year, that is if this is not the last HMR, again.

Just Cliff

For all the Wednesday arrivals, as you know there will be no breakfast Thursday morning. Everything you'll need be here for your use should you want to make your own breakfast. We can handle having coffee for ya.

Last edited: