• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NE Fall Foliage Rally 2012

Fearing for the worst, I pulled out of there at just after 6AM today headed for the Phillipsburg NJ area.  Came down the NJ side and had steady rain from just north of Blairstown to all the way home.  Within a half hour of being home, the rain was gone and the roads dry.  Figures.  Although I didn't get there until Saturday afternoon and left early today, it was really nice being able to put some faces with familiar names.  Thanks to all for making this happen.  Next time I'm arriving early and staying late!

Great time at the 2012 Fall Foliage Fog rally. Great to see old friends again. Hope everyone made it home safely. Hope everyone enjoyed the route rides. Now to get ready for Sandy...... Thanks again Dave for a great job..............

I got in around 2:30.

Called my wife when I was in Harrisburg, and based on the conditions down here, I just headed south on I-83 and made my way to I-95. Traffic was minimal, so I scooted through with no probs.

My heaviest spritzes were just before and after Scranton, and heading south to Harrisburg where it turned into a slight drizzle. Once I left there, just overcast and actually a little sun poking through down around DC. Overcast returned the further south I went and the wind started picking up a little.

Overcast here now with a little wind, but nothing major yet. That's supposed to happen later tonight and tomorrow.

Glad to see ya'll again, and to meet some new faces. I had a good time.

I'll put a link to my pix up a little later.

Headed out around 9:30am and got home to CT by 2:00pm after stopping by mom's house in NY for an hour or so. Only rain was a momentary spritz (maybe low fog) around Southbury CT.

Great time even though I arrived late Friday.  Dave did an excellent job.

connieklr said:
I got in around 2:30.

Called my wife when I was in Harrisburg, and based on the conditions down here, I just headed south on I-83 and made my way to I-95. Traffic was minimal, so I scooted through with no probs.

My heaviest spritzes were just before and after Scranton, and heading south to Harrisburg where it turned into a slight drizzle. Once I left there, just overcast and actually a little sun poking through down around DC. Overcast returned the further south I went and the wind started picking up a little.

Overcast here now with a little wind, but nothing major yet. That's supposed to happen later tonight and tomorrow.

Glad to see ya'll again, and to meet some new faces. I had a good time.

I'll put a link to my pix up a little later.

Al the pix I took can be seen at:

http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2012-NE-Fall-Foliage-Rally/26180368_RLCHJ8

Snitched one of Wayne's shots with proper photo credit added.

Ran across this fella near Harrisburg:

2012-NE-Fall-Foliage-Rally-039-L.jpg

I had such a great time! (Even thought it was just the first half of Saturday that I was there.) I can't wait til the Spring Fling! I am defiantly staying the weekend. Thanks for the "Nice bike" comment on Photobucket, ProfessorKonk! Hope to see all of you guys next time.
Thanks again.
Craig  :motonoises:

Hey Coggers,

I hope you had a goodtime in my neck of the woods. Unfortunately Abbe and I could not attend due to preplanned family obligations. We saw about eight bikes heading north on rt209  Saturday morning  near the entrance to the Nevele Grande hotel. I waved frantically and I think a couple of you recognized us. The only bike/person I recognized was Stan Baker on his 05 Connie and distinctive Aerostich gear. I hope you all had fun... see you at the next event.

Sorry for the late reply but things have been hectic so to speak.  Obviously we are one of the lucky few on SI to have power back within 24 hours...so far so good (knock wood).  No damage to house or flooding around us thankfully but the ocean side of Staten Island was ravaged.  Monday was just the warm up, my clinic closed on Tuesday and I went to the Staten Island University Hospital north site which is veeery close to the beach.  The storm surge didn't make it into the hospital but it was basically an island unto intself for hours.  Many of the surrounding homes were damaged.  Just to the north of us whole neighborhoods were underwater.  I was standing by at the helipad for hours in  case any patients came in and could see the helos not far from us doing search and rescue ops.  Only one came in and I fear most won't be found till the waters recede just like Katrina.  I hope everyone out there is okay.

On a lighter note, even with the iffy weather the rally was lots o fun.  Had some nice riding and lots of good ole COG comraderie.  Next stop Javitz Show get together!

Terry, glad everything is okay (now) in your place of abode. We dodged the bullet down here in Richmond, with something like 50 people in the immediate vicinity losing power, which was restored in less than a day.

Thank you (again) for being an excellent roomie and minimizing the financial impact of the event. I really do owe you for the beer, and we'll catch up on that at the next go-around.

Best!!

Just got internet back in South River NJ. No power, but the generator keeps on going. Power may be on be weeks end. No water damage, just wind damage. It is a nightmare going anyplace because no traffic lights are working anyplace around here. Major roads are still closed off because of traffic lights out. And of course there is no fuel anyplae except NJTP. Saw a guy with a 50' trailer parked ina mall lot. He had pallets of generators, the very small ones that would allow only a circuit or two. He was asking $1600 per generator from what I was told. There was a line to buy them. As long as nobody got hurt or injured, things will get better.
But life in Jersey will change as the "Jersey Shore" as many of us have grown up with is in places no longer there....................... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Truly was a thousand-year storm. Records go back 500 years (no we were not the first ones here) with nothing like it recorded.

I hope all the members in the affected areas are ok. Please contribute whatever you can through reputable organizations such the Red Cross to assist with the recovery.

Bigben said:
I hope all the members in the affected areas are ok. Please contribute whatever you can through reputable organizations such the Red Cross to assist with the recovery.
Would suggest Salvation Army as a point of donation. More of the donated amount really goes to the needy as opposed to paying a lot of high priced RC officials............ :-\

Really pathetic... thus far Red Cross and FEMA response in the hardest-hit areas has been non-existent.  And NYCs Mayor insists on hosting the marathon this Sunday... great sense of priorities.

ProfessorKonk said:
Really pathetic... thus far Red Cross and FEMA response in the hardest-hit areas has been non-existent.  And NYCs Mayor insists on hosting the marathon this Sunday... great sense of priorities.
Got that right. No RC/FEMA vehicles anyplace. Guess they want to wait a little linger to respond...................
And as for that AH Mayor of NY having a marathon this weekend, shows just how out of touch that JO is with the real people of the city.

Jerry Gowen said:
ProfessorKonk said:
Got that right. No RC/FEMA vehicles anyplace. Guess they want to wait a little linger to respond...................
And as for that AH Mayor of NY having a marathon this weekend, shows just how out of touch that JO is with the real people of the city.
Marathon got cancelled later in the evening. 

I stayed late tonight at work so I could watch the Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together benefit concert on NBC.  It was very moving and I hope that everyone who needs the help gets to see the concert someday.