• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RUN WITH THE WOLF

MSRev said:
Did Tom break out a few moves around the fire like he did at the Natchez rally? SteveJ had a heater??? What is this world coming to these days?

Pastor Tyler

No dancing, but had to do something to generate body warmth, Rev...there was a chill in them hills!  :)

51xEfT-NH-L._SL500_SY160_.jpg

You too, can have your very own:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BEUZS2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It has a non heat position also for a constant white noise/cooling effect if desired. That is of course, if you have access to electric.

The heater idea did not suck.  :great:

Sure was nice to see all of the smiling and talkative faces around the fire. Said it before and I'll say it again, no area in COG does it quite as well as the SE members. The bonds and friendships are as genuine as one will ever see. Thanks for another great memory gang.
Thanks go out to a group of members that helped make this go so well;
To Jenn, Jim & Tom, a special thank you for all of your hard work is making the 19th RWTW so sucessfull and fun for everyone. I know the work involved to pull this off.
To Bill and his brother ****, for all of your help on Wednesday to get some things done before everyone started to arrive. Bill, you'll never know how good the beer was when I landed on Tuesday night without a drop. Appreciated..........
Thanks to Jim Culp for having hot coffee for us when we all got up.

Lane left me some of his Canadian Mist on Saturday night, and as I sat around on Sunday night by myself, a beverage took the edge off of the silence. Thanks buddy. Finally got out of Wildcat on Wednesday.

As my weeks unfold on this trip, and with the weather following me from Chicago to Georgia and now to Massachusetts pretty much the same week to week, I'm constanty reminded as to why I stay involved with COG. It's all of you that make all I do worth while. SECOG rocks.
Sunny Florida......see you soon.                      Al

I would make this long trip again and again just to hang out and ride with you guys.

The best partners for riding up and around...

Thanks again for your warm welcome and friendship.

JP

https://plus.google.com/photos/111878567465732219223/albums/5871254126129764193?banner=pwa&hl=en&authkey=CIDoyrnt9bulmwE

SteveJ. said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
I DON'T NEED NO STINKING HEATER!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hey Ala. What's need got to do with it? ;) :beerchug:

Steve, BUMP :motonoises: :beerchug: :beerchug: I thought it was "What's love got to do w/it, do w/it, What's love but a second hand emotion" ::) ::)  :) ;)            Jp, Want to go back next week? :great:

JP said:
I would make this long trip again and again just to hang out and ride with you guys.

The best partners for riding up and around...

Thanks again for your warm welcome and friendship.

JP

https://plus.google.com/photos/111878567465732219223/albums/5871254126129764193?banner=pwa&hl=en&authkey=CIDoyrnt9bulmwE
Hey Juan, it was good to meet up and ride up with ya. See ya 'round.

Glad you liked it, Juan. And thanks for putting together the artwork on the patch.  :great:
You're welcome anytime to stop by for an overnight on your way up. Might even show you another ride route or two... >:D
Tom

Spoke to Don at Wildcat a few days ago .. for all us folks in the Lodge .. Don wonder why we did not fire up the wood burning Stove in the Lodge!!!  :-\ Great source of heat!!!  :mad:

Yes, he told someone that he would even bring the wood and show how to operate it!!  :(    :mad: 

BBerry said:
Spoke to Don at Wildcat a few days ago .. for all us folks in the Lodge .. Don wonder why we did not fire up the wood burning Stove in the Lodge!!!  :-\ Great source of heat!!!  :mad:

Yes, he told someone that he would even bring the wood and show how to operate it!! 

:-[ :- Wow, Imagine that the stove actually worked. Not like the fire place. Remember that for next year for sure. :'(

Oh for goodness's sake! Why not cuddle up in a tent all by yourself and THEN you can complain about the cold!    :beerchug:

Hey Jenn, as long as you're still hanging out here, you really rawk has a rally head honcho. We're gonna miss your touch. It ain't easy herding cats.

Anyhow, ride long and prosper.

Later.

Let's don't forget that Union Powersports put on a fancy schmancy hotdog lunch for us too! Times are tough, yet Union Powersports consistently shows us a good time, and we should let them know we APPRECIATE it!

If you have a moment you can chat 'em up on the telephone, or send an email.

http://www.unionpowersports.com/

:iagree: Union Powersports has been a supporter of RWTW for the past 4 years. I wish everyone who attended RWTW would send them a note or call with a "Thank you."

During Jen's watch as the rallymaster for RWTW, the rally:
      1. Returned to the Suches area. (Jen found Wildcat and negotiated with the owners.)
      2. Seen the number of participants grow despite the economy.
      3.  Provided a rally where all really had to do to have a great time was show up.

Thanks Jen!  :You_Rock_Emoticon: You and Tom did a terrific job!  :great:

I agree,  all of the organizers and Indians did a fantastic job setting this up and making it a 1st class rally.  Thanks.

Have the ROK photos been posted anywhere yet?

Work with great folks and it makes it easier for good things to happen. Hats off to the SECOG team and its outstanding members! (along with a beer or two!!  :beerchug: :beerchug:) 

Terry said it will take a while before she would have the pictures posted. She was leaving our rally to attend another rally so she did not know how long before she made it back to her office. Al will be sent the imfo when posted and will notify the rest of us.
All good things come to those who wait. :beerchug: :)

kawcon14rider said:
Terry said it will take a while before she would have the pictures posted. She was leaving our rally to attend another rally so she did not know how long before she made it back to her office. Al will be sent the imfo when posted and will notify the rest of us.
All good things come to those who wait. :beerchug: :)

Thanks ..  :great:

BBerry said:

Yes, he told someone that he would even bring the wood and show how to operate it!!  :(    :mad:

Ummm, let's blame Dave for that one. It's a possibility Don may have mentioned it to Dave at some point. But (ducking) we weren't cold.  :-[

The Riding Librarian said:
BBerry said:

Ummm, let's blame Dave for that one. It's a possibility Don may have mentioned it to Dave at some point. But (ducking) we weren't cold.  :-[

Yet another testament to having an organic heater.... :great:

BBerry said:

Sure, throw the guy with a Light Truck in front of the bus. ;) :beerchug: :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
BBerry said:

Sure, throw the guy with a Light Truck in front of the bus. ;) :beerchug: :beerchug:
Meh, he's used to it with me.  :D

Are you happy now, Jim? (avatar change)  :nananana:

Also, I figured I should share this...Eddie told me too.

FWMQjLBl.jpg

That ain't no Teddy Bear...  :rotflmao:

Are you happy now, Jim? (avatar change)  :nananana:

Also, I figured I should share this...Eddie told me too.

FWMQjLBl.jpg

Superb pic of a Floriduh Steve in "action"

;D Steve, You look GOOD taking all things into consideration :rotflmao:  Anyone else have a picture you would like to post? I know there are more out there! :)

Yup, got back Friday. Lots of miles & lots of smiles. It was good to get back home after such a long time on the road. In another week I'll be thinking of another long one. You know how it works.      Al

Teri Conrad, editor-in-chief of Accelerate Magazine for ROK (Riders of Kawasaki), was in attendance at RWTW 2013. She took lots (and lots and LOTS) of photos and has given us the links to them. There are some doozies in here, enjoy!

The first album is of people and rally happenings: http://flic.kr/p/ehwn8t

The second album is of the scenery and riding: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjF1khrX

coffee_brake said:
Teri Conrad, editor-in-chief of Accelerate Magazine for ROK (Riders of Kawasaki), was in attendance at RWTW 2013. She took lots (and lots and LOTS) of photos and has given us the links to them. There are some doozies in here, enjoy!

Nice pics!    Who from the club contacts Teri about COG events and what it takes to have her attend other regional COG events? 

Jen, Thanks for posting ALL the pictures :great: :motonoises:  and putting on a GREAT TIME  ;) :) :beerchug: :sign0098: :1rij:

I was starting to wonder if that camera had batteries in it!  :rotflmao:

Some good "Dual Sport" pics in there, I'm surprised you didn't catch me almost
flying off the cliff!!  :D

Great Job!  Thanks for posting them!

S Smith said:
coffee_brake said:

Nice pics!    Who from the club contacts Teri about COG events and what it takes to have her attend other regional COG events?

PM sent....

Good pictures Mike. The nights have to be getting warmer up there so when we going to do it AGAIN?? :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

Randy and his GPS...  That was the shortest way with NO TOLLS.  Really.

I gouged and cracked my belly pan on one of those craters...  Fortunately
everything on my bike had a thin coat of oil, so I slipped through most of it!  :rotflmao:

The 'scar' gives the Connie some character... and a great story behind it!

Mcfly said:
Randy and his GPS...  That was the shortest way with NO TOLLS.  Really.

I gouged and cracked my belly pan on one of those craters...  Fortunately
everything on my bike had a thin coat of oil, so I slipped through most of it!  :rotflmao:

The 'scar' gives the Connie some character... and a great story behind it!

Sorry about your crunch Marty. Hazards of dual sporting the Conncours.  ;)

Neither a tropical storm nor an 8 mile gravel road will stop me from getting to the twisties of the Cherohala!  :motonoises:

I only wish I had a pic of my Honda CB750F axle deep on a 'shortcut' in the Redwoods. It was not pretty.

handyman said:

It's all good Randy.  :great:  It's not the first scratch, and it won't be the last.  ;)

Got that new gasket in, and most of the oil cleaned up.  Connie's ready for the next trip!    :Woot_Emoticon:

Mcfly said:
handyman said:

It's all good Randy.  :great:  It's not the first scratch, and it won't be the last.  ;)

Got that new gasket in, and most of the oil cleaned up.  Connie's ready for the next trip!    :Woot_Emoticon:

I have it all figured out for ya. :great: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :beerchug:

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,39256.0.html

I'll be leaving at 0 dark thirty on 21 or 22 August.

SteveJ. said:
Mcfly said:
handyman said:

I have it all figured out for ya. :great: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :beerchug:

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,39256.0.html

I'll be leaving at 0 dark thirty on 21 or 22 August.

Oooooo...It is not possible for me to do the National due to a critical work evolution, but...

SteveJ, It's almost impossible to get time off in August this late....  :'(

Especially the amount of time needed to get there and back, AND enjoy the rallies.
We bid vacation in December/January.  I'm hoping to attend next year's rally though... 
Iffen the dates are set early enough.

Appreciate y'all goin' outta da way to set that shindig up though!  :)

Mcfly said:
SteveJ, It's almost impossible to get time off in August this late....  :'(

Especially the amount of time needed to get there and back, AND enjoy the rallies.
We bid vacation in December/January.  I'm hoping to attend next year's rally though... 

Appreciate y'all goin' outta da way to set that shindig up though!  :)

If I remember correctly, a feat in itself somedays, the information about following year's National is released to the attendees and membership at the National. So you should be able to plan. Hoping it is a little more easterly, but we shall see.

Oooooo...It is not possible for me to do the National due to a critical work evolution, but...

I'm also not doing the national, just the VBR. IronbuttAl is hitting both, and I think a few others are heading up.

The 25th anniversary COG National "Sliverdammit" Rally will be June 16 - 20, 2014 some where east of the Mississippi, per Ken Ford's announcement in the Concourier.

Victor Salisbury said:
Not finalized yet  in work though    ;D

Vic, just make sure them Danmed Yankee's dont schedule thier damned Fall rally the same weekend....  :-[ :-[ ::) ::)like they always managed to do back when RWTW was THE place to have a fall rally.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: