• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RUN WITH THE WOLF

reid53 said:
Ok dash may not be the best choice of words. But it was a neat ride and experience riding that road at night back to the Wildcat.  Love to do it again.  :motonoises:

You go right ahead. I was over-running my headlight and out-running my brakes. I was being a dumbass, is what I was....

coffee_brake said:
reid53 said:
Ok dash may not be the best choice of words. But it was a neat ride and experience riding that road at night back to the Wildcat.  Love to do it again.  :motonoises:

You go right ahead. I was over-running my headlight and out-running my brakes. I was being a dumbass, is what I was....
After that night I put lights on my front wheel.. have to admit I was glad when we made it to Suches!! But, Just between us it was fun!! But, don't tell anyone else!!  :)
Reid, I thought this was our little secret adventure, know everyone will want to do it..  :motonoises:

IronButtAl said:
After many emails and phone conversations with Bill Johnston, the new owner of TWO in Suches, GA, here-to-forthwith referred to as Two Wheels Suches (TWS), the available information is listed below. This has been done to allow options for riders wishing to attend the 2013 RWTW rally in Suches, GA, but through a variety of reasons cannot camp with us at Wildcat Campgrounds.
Bill is going through the process of updating and modernizing all of the supporting structure and facilities in the campground, but is 90% confident that he will be open at the beginning of April. The entire lodge has been gutted and rebuilt with everything new. The variant on all of this process is getting the new permitting for the new commercial kitchen, water and septic, safety features, food handling certification....the list goes on and on. Here's the nitty gritty of the overnight accommodations;
There will be two rooms with two beds, and one room with three. Base price for one person occupying one bed in one room is $50.00/night, and the second bed would be an additional $10.00. Two riders in one room sleeping in separate beds = $60.00/night, or $30.00/night per rider. If members can get together and rent the whole loft, with a potential of sleeping seven riders, that would come to a $23.00/night share. Cost of the loft for a group is $160.00/night. There will be one shared shower in the loft. I plan on talking to Bill again on his one rider/one night price structure, but this is what he is looking at for price presently. The one negative at this time is the lack of a reservation system, as he's going is so many directions it hasn't occurred to him to do the details such as this. My recommendation would be to have a COG member who is considering this option take over this and start a separate thread titled something similar to RWTW Overnight  Options, as the way things are going now, there will be thirty pages under the RWTW header by rally time. We'll have more information available in three weeks when Bill and I talk again. There might also be some adjustment or modifications to some of this information, but I'm confident this will be a good option for rally attendees.
Someone should start this rolling soon, so riders on the fence can make a decision.  Al

Where is Wolf Pen Rd? I've been thru Tellico Plains many times but never been to Krambonz. Somebody's going to have to adopt me for the weekend & show me what I've been missing.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
Where is Wolf Pen Rd? I've been thru Tellico Plains many times but never been to Krambonz. Somebody's going to have to adopt me for the weekend & show me what I've been missing.

Don't forget Wayah Rd

http://www.wayahroad.com/

Someone will hook up with ya, no worries. :great:

Just Cliff said:

If you're going to be in Tellico, say the word. There's a posse of us in NW Ga itching for any excuse to get some Krambonz and there is no point in you eating alone....  >:D

Just Cliff said:

Wolf Pen Gap is 6 miles north south  of the campground, or where TWO use to be.  Hwy 180 and Hwy 60

I am a dumbass it is south

DOH. Just like me to concentrate on the food and forget the question...  :)

Wolfpen Gap Road is shown as Ga Hwy 180 leading northeast out of Suches, GA 30572.

Still looking for any excuse to hit KramBonz...  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

COGnosticat0r said:
Just Cliff said:

Wolf Pen Gap is 6 miles north of the campground, or where TWO use to be.  Hwy 180 and Hwy 60
Now y'all got me confused.  I thought Wolf Pen Gap was South of the campground.  :-\

reid53 said:
COGnosticat0r said:
Just Cliff said:

Wolf Pen Gap is 6 miles north of the campground, or where TWO use to be.  Hwy 180 and Hwy 60
Now y'all got me confused.  I thought Wolf Pen Gap was South of the campground.  :-\

Reid, this is like your favorite fishing hole .. got to be north..  :rotflmao:

I thought it was Brian that couldn't find the Big Dipper. :rotflmao:  For those new to RWTW, constellation location discussions are just one fun way we have to pass the time when we're not riding these outstanding roads. FWIW, Wolf Pen Gap Road is indeed south of Wildcat Lodge & Campground. Wolf Pen Gap Road is more properly titled GA Hwy 180.

Ranger Jim said:
I thought it was Brian that couldn't find the Big Dipper. :rotflmao:  For those new to RWTW, constellation location discussions are just one fun way we have to pass the time when we're not riding these outstanding roads. FWIW, Wolf Pen Gap Road is indeed south of Wildcat Lodge & Campground. Wolf Pen Gap Road is more properly titled GA Hwy 180.

Aaand, when Jim stumbles away from a campfire, one may rest assured that there is effectively no North start until daylight.  :beerchug:

Volcantour said:
Just Cliff said:

If you're going to be in Tellico, say the word. There's a posse of us in NW Ga itching for any excuse to get some Krambonz and there is no point in you eating alone....  >:D

I'll be there for RWTW. I just thought I new my way around, apparently I'm missing out when I head out east.

Ranger Jim said:

This will be my first RWTW & I'm looking forward to it.

Ranger Jim said:

I know more than that I-whatever so called smart phone!  Maybe not too late into the night though...  ;D. Yes, the people and good times make this one a great rally, the roads are simply a bonus!

I sent a note to the original poster as well regarding the rooms in the lodge downstairs.  I know Dad would love a place to sleep on-site, he's not much on the camping anymore!  Let me know if anyone knows anything about this.  I much prefer to stay at the site and shoot the breeze half the night with everyone, but might end up where he does this time.

Brian, I sent you some info by email, so please check that.
Hope you noticed the eighth article under the 'SE Scheduled Rides & Rallies' titles RWTW Overnight Options..    Al

Okay, boys & girls. Looks like Run With The Wolf is going to get some National Level attention!  Teri Conrad, edition of Riders Of Kawsaki's (ROK) ACCELERATE magazine is making the effort to be in attendance. I met Teri in person at the COG National rally in Eureka Springs last summer when she came out from CA to see what this COG bunch is all about. She wrote up a really nice article about the National rally which, if you're a member of ROK, you should have seen. I'm sure she's going to write up an equally great article on RWTW. We only had to promise her some great riding areas, friendly faces and southern hospitality; all of which we'll have in abundance.  Teri is a rider, a very personable (and attractive  ;) ) young woman that I'm sure you'll want to meet. Of course that means that you'll have to come to the rally so WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Get registered already. Oh, and if you're not a member of ROK, consider joining up. COG membership gets a substantial discount on the registration fees.

IronButtAl said:
Hope you noticed the eighth article under the 'SE Scheduled Rides & Rallies' titles RWTW Overnight Options..    Al

It aint eighth anymore, at least not the way I count (though my abacus may not be calibrated)  :)
But JIC, here's a link you can click on:  ;D
http://tinyurl.com/2013-RWTW-lodging

Good deal we have some lodging options available  :great:
I've had a couple of calls from members curious about something other than the nylon hilton.

OK so I didn't technically wait till the last minute but waited long enough--see yall there :motonoises:

Roger

Steve J., about that contingent you speak of in your registration...do we need to run background checks???  There is a border crossing involved, you know  :)

Ranger Jim said:
They're prolly still counting ballots.  :rotflmao: :motonoises:

That 'Dangling Chad' thing is like herpes...you never know when it is going to show up again.  ;)

Looks like RWTW is gonna have some visitors this year, for sure. It was previously announced that Terri Conrad with ROK and Accelerate Magazine is making an appearance all the way from the Left Coast. And now, coming from the East, will be a representative of RoadRunner Magazine.  Seems like we've got a good thing going and it is drawing some well-deserved attention...

Well Tom I'm sure, as riders, that our guests are going to be having just as good a time enjoying us, as we will them!

It sure ain't gonna keep us from riding, hanging out around the fire,  :beerchug: and generally having a good time!

Reid, you may want to check out "Accelerate Magazine’s Editor in Chief Teri Corad rides to Hell’s kitchen " that HD is moving pretty Good.. Would hate to see you get out run by a HD..  :rotflmao:

BBerry said:
Reid, you may want to check out "Accelerate Magazine’s Editor in Chief Teri Corad rides to Hell’s kitchen " that HD is moving pretty Good.. Would hate to see you get out run by a HD..  :rotflmao:
What me worry?  We'll just say it's a leisurely stroll through the gap!  :19:

???Uh, I seriously doubt that Teri Conrad, editor of ACCELERATE, the official e-zine for Riders of KAWASAKI would be riding a HD; a Vulcan or a Vaquero perhaps but not a HD. ;)

ROADRUNNER magazine is sending someone to visit with us too  :whoo:. That should get COG some real attention.  :)

Ranger Jim said:
???Uh, I seriously doubt that Teri Conrad, editor of ACCELERATE, the official e-zine for Riders of KAWASAKI would be riding a HD; a Vulcan or a Vaquero perhaps but not a HD. ;)

ROADRUNNER magazine is sending someone to visit with us too  :whoo:. That should get COG some real attention.  :)

Maybe even a Concours ...  :great:

mf-rabbit said:
Maybe some jameson's?  ;D

Roger

Spirits come in many shades and flavors...just like Coggers.  :beerchug:

I'm sure there will be a variety of each there.  :great:

Anyone need a roommate at the lodge? I'm thinking of booking for this trip. It's 800 or so miles each way for me, but I want to get some good miles on the new C14 this spring.

voileauciel said:
Anyone need a roommate at the lodge? I'm thinking of booking for this trip. It's 800 or so miles each way for me, but I want to get some good miles on the new C14 this spring.

Which Lodge??

Perhaps I should rephrase my last question, since when I called them the lady told me that the whole "lodge" had been booked up. Are there any beds left? I just put in the time off request for work as I want to get out and put a few k on the new C14 that weekend. I also need to add both Carolinas and Florida to my visited states map, so thinking I might pass through for a day.

There may be some space in what they call the "Door" House. It's basically a bunk house; they provide cots (Army style folding cots).

I dont want to show my Noob-ness but this would be dad and I's first trip to this, the nationals was so much fun we would like to attend this.....Is it mostly camping, or are there hotels available?  I was reading through the RWTW Overnight thread and am a bit confused.  Camping would be ok if there are showers there?  I just want to get back together with everyone (brian and his dad, Jim, Don and Ruby <they were a hoot>).

Eddie,
On site is mostly camping with excellent shower facilities. There may be some cots still available in the 'Door House'. If you need more, there are several locations fairly close by that offer rooms.
Looking forward to seeing you two in April.
Tom

There are cabin rentals at the airport on WPG Rd.  They look small and not really sure about the cost but there is quite a few of them.

The bunkhouse cabins (sleeps 2) at High Valley Log Cabins are $45.00 per night.  The larger cabins on site go from $150.00 per nite to $165.00 per night.  Used to be the old Run With the Wolf rally site. 

reid53 said:
The bunkhouse cabins (sleeps 2) at High Valley Log Cabins are $45.00 per night.  The larger cabins on site go from $150.00 per nite to $165.00 per night.  Used to be the old Run With the Wolf rally site.

Reid, Have we received any update on Two Wheels Suches (TWS)?

BBerry said:
reid53 said:

If you are a facebook person, they have a facebook page filled with pictures of the progress.  If not a facebooker, they are really moving along with the remodel of the whole place and built a new bridge over the creek.  Brand new kitchen and rooms upstairs.  I hope they do a remodel on the bath house.

COGnosticat0r said:
BBerry said:
reid53 said:

If you are a facebook person, they have a facebook page filled with pictures of the progress.  If not a facebooker, they are really moving along with the remodel of the whole place and built a new bridge over the creek.  Brand new kitchen and rooms upstairs. I hope they do a remodel on the bath house.
Agreed. The old one left a bit to be desired.

Tried to register for the rally online and it would not accept my imfo. Checked all the imfo and everything was correct, so moved from my laptop to main computer and tried agan,still no luck. Anyone know it there is a problem with online registration or is it that it just don't like my card. :-[ Thanks for any advice on what my be the problem. I know my card is fine because I just filled my bike with gas using the card a couple of hours ago. :)

Hey, try registering again. Checked the event registration pages and only found a typo  ???  Should be good to go for registration.

With a couple of new registrations and me getting in to register Don & Ruby Neil, we now have 53 signed up for this event. Maybe half way there regards numbers?
If you're on the fence about going to this, you'll not be sorry for making the decision to ride on some fantastic roads and be with some great COG members.
If you have any questions or concerns, please ping me > sead@cog-online.org <
Al

Hey Friends.... who is riding from the Miami Area as you know?... Just planning... Being Spring Break may be I would attend...

COGnosticat0r said:
I just made my tent camping reservations with Wildcat  :great:  Come on April  :D

Thanks, Jerry, knew there was something I was forgetting to do....  :-[

DONE!  :great:

Volcantour said:
COGnosticat0r said:
I just made my tent camping reservations with Wildcat  :great:  Come on April  :D

Thanks, Jerry, knew there was something I was forgetting to do....  :-[

DONE!  :great:
Just curious but I called them about 2 weeks ago(can't believe I got in before Jerry :nananana:) and when it rang I got a message saying leave a message and we'll call you back,thought I,d called the wrong number but she called back to say the campground wasn't open yet so all messages were going to their personal phone told her to reserve us a spot and she said ok no problem no credit card number or nothing,guess I'm just used to always having to do that.

Roger

COGnosticat0r said:
BBerry said:
reid53 said:

If you are a facebook person, they have a facebook page filled with pictures of the progress.  If not a facebooker, they are really moving along with the remodel of the whole place and built a new bridge over the creek.  Brand new kitchen and rooms upstairs.  I hope they do a remodel on the bath house.
Jerry what facebook page are you looking at?  The only thing I can find is the Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort page which belongs to the former owners of TWO. 

Roger, and everyone else planing to camp at Wildcat; there won't be any problems with space, and you needn't worry about reservations. Just stop by the campground store that is across the street from the actual campground, and at your convenience, pay for your camping stay. That means that if you come in late, just find a spot and get registration done when you can. We'll likely have the whole campground to ourselves like last year, so space is NOT an issue. Complete your event registration at the shelter up on the hill in the campground, sign the COG/AMA event waiver, get you goodies and wrist band, and you're good to go. The store is usually unattended after 5 - 5:30, so use this information to make things easier on yourself. Registration will be open in the morning and at evening, when the staff is not riding.    Al

COG-528 said:
Jerry what facebook page are you looking at?  The only thing I can find is the Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort page which belongs to the former owners of TWO.  [/font][/size]

I must be going nuts,  :-\  I know I saw pictures posted of the new two wheels  but I stumped as to where it went.  I thought I liked the site but I can't find it now.  The pictures showed new upstairs, new paved parking lot  etc.  If I can find it again I will post it here

Had my wife try every combination I could think of for Two Wheels Suches (I don't do facebook)  .. no results ???

IronButtAl said:
Roger, and everyone else planing to camp at Wildcat; there won't be any problems with space, and you needn't worry about reservations. Just stop by the campground store that is across the street from the actual campground, and at your convenience, pay for your camping stay. That means that if you come in late, just find a spot and get registration done when you can. We'll likely have the whole campground to ourselves like last year, so space is NOT an issue. Complete your event registration at the shelter up on the hill in the campground, sign the COG/AMA event waiver, get you goodies and wrist band, and you're good to go. The store is usually unattended after 5 - 5:30, so use this information to make things easier on yourself. Registration will be open in the morning and at evening, when the staff is not riding.    Al

This is welcome news.  Though it goes against everything I believe in when traveling, I've decided to
knuckle up, and for the 1st time in 30 years I will..... camp.  With some help from friends, I've secured
some camping supplies, and purchased a tent.  I WILL bring a long sheet of paper, and a pen so I can
list the things I forgot once I get there.  Here's to campfires, tents, and cold hard ground! 
:beerchug:

Marty, do not,,,,,I repete....do not sleep on the ground. Invest in a Coleman single air mattress, buy a closed cell foam pad to go on top of that, and you won't want to get out of bed in the morning. Buy them, find a place/way to carry then, throw out something else if space is tight....but bring them.      Al

Having spent many nights in those mountains, I will attest to the "cold, hard, ground." If you're not going to camp often, get yourself a fairly cheap (not the cheapest) air mattress and fill it HALF full, then throw the foam pad on it. Fill it all the way and you'll be rolling off.

Marty,
PM me and I can send you a checklist I've developed over the years for trips such as this. Similar checklists are available with a google search, too.  I find it helps...

54 signed up at this moment  :beerchug:  Looks to be a new record  :great:  I might better get there Wednesday to get a spot  ;D

COGnosticat0r said:
54 signed up at this moment  :beerchug:  Looks to be a new record  :great:  I might better get there Wednesday to get a spot  ;D

Excuses, excuses...

Don't ya love having one?  :))

And as the attendance count goes up, the countdown to the Rally date goes down.

We are now less than a month away!!!  WOOT!!

The 3 state wrench sessions are now history. Everyone's rides should be tuned up and ready. The only thing left is for you to REGISTER FOR THE RALLY! :mad: C'mon. You know you don't want to miss it. It's gonna be great (even with all those Floridiots named Steve coming  :-[). Seriously, this is a great rally at a beautiful time of year in a terrific location with great folks. You don't wanna miss the great twisties, the campfire conversations, seeing all those friends you haven't met yet, the  :beerchug:. Why aren't you registered yet?  ???

For all of you procrastinators, last minute Larry's and see what happens Sam's, now is the time to go to the SE calendar feature, click on the registration link, and get er' done. Everyone wants to know who is and who isn't going to be at the Wolf. All this makes it easier on the rally team to plan on you attendance.    Al

Can almost taste the great breakfast at the WildCat Restaurant and of course being back around Donald, April and staff!!  :)
Have one more rider coming from Pensacola who has no sign up yet.. and the number grows!!!

Okay all you campers.... I know how to pack up my KLR for the trips, but I haven't totally worked out my plan for camping gear on the new Connie. If anyone has packed up bike pics to share, I would like to see how many of you do it!

Here's one idea - tent is packed behind passenger backrest under the jacket, along with a small cooler.

Attachments

• Packing suggestion.jpg
    Packing suggestion.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 104
Anybody recognize this packing job???  :)

If I make it to RWTW it will be a fairly last minute thang. Fingers are crossed.  :eek:

Attachments

• P1020831 (Medium).JPG
    P1020831 (Medium).JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 116