• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RUN WITH THE WOLF

The NOOB will chime in now  ;)

Got a 60L Dry bag, and put all Tent/sleeping gear in it, then strapped it to the pillion seat.

The stuff and bag:

IMG_1739_zpsc0dfcde4.jpg

Said Bag on Bike strapped:

IMG_1740_zps6894592d.jpg

That leaves the 2 panniers, Trunk Case and tank bag for beer, and a pair of socks.  :great:

2Fast said:
Anybody recognize this packing job???  :)

If I make it to RWTW it will be a fairly last minute thang. Fingers are crossed.  :eek:

Is that Shoodabeen's sister, Hadtobe?

RussM said:
Okay all you campers.... I know how to pack up my KLR for the trips, but I haven't totally worked out my plan for camping gear on the new Connie. If anyone has packed up bike pics to share, I would like to see how many of you do it!

You're joking, right?

:-[

You'll find yourself looking for more stuff to put in those Connie bags before you leave home!

When I look at that picture I still think the C-10 was more of a "pack mule" compared to the C-14 (or just easier to load up??)

I am very tempted, since I am off that weekend and it is only an hour or so away...but I have zero camping gear since the move.

Any recommendations for tents and/or equipment? Keep in mind I am huge, so my clothes already take up a bit of space...but do most folks use single person tents or do you pack something bigger? And I am on the V not the Connie, although my Givi Trekker set stores quite a bit...

Being 6' 8" makes things...different. LOL!

I have just been so spoiled staying in hotels...

Yes, Joe. You are huge. I'm 6'4" and you make me look small! Go to REI and try out some tents. Here's a link: http://equipped.outdoors.org/2010/05/tents-for-tall-people.html that might help. I, too have to shop carefully for a tent. Many are 98" long and I have a Sierra Designs which is 114". You might have to store your clothes in the vestibule. Word to the wise, don't stuff them in the foot, you won't be able to bend down there and get 'em. See you there.
Ron

IronButtAl said:
Joe....and all. please see the post under RWTW overnight options, to make this rally work for you.    Al

Thanks, Al, but I already read that. I am not asking where to stay, I am asking what to bring TO stay. I want to be where the action (and free beer) is. ;D

I haven't camped in years, and I have never camped from a motorcycle. I assume it is something between backpacking and "car camping." And since I sold all my gear, now I can buy exactly what I need rather than making due with what I had. I just need to know what to get...

BigJoeVA68 said:
IronButtAl said:
Joe....and all. please see the post under RWTW overnight options, to make this rally work for you.    Al

Thanks, Al, but I already read that. I am not asking where to stay, I am asking what to bring TO stay. I want to be where the action (and free beer) is. ;D

I haven't camped in years, and I have never camped from a motorcycle. I assume it is something between backpacking and "car camping." And since I sold all my gear, now I can buy exactly what I need rather than making due with what I had. I just need to know what to get...

Joe you might find some answers in the thread, Hey Campers!!  Help a noob out, will ya?  Mcfly seems to have many of the same questions as you although I don't think he is a size match.

BigJoeVA68 said:
And since I sold all my gear, now I can buy exactly what I need rather than making due with what I had. I just need to know what to get...

A 3 man tent at least, really as big as you are.  ;D If my son comes with us, my wife and I will be bringing our 8' x 16' x 6' 5" tall tent  :-\

I use an air mattress, and a sleeping bag and don't forget something to inflate the air mattress  :-[  and a small pillow. That is all you need, besides clothes.  We don't do any camp cooking so no need for stoves and the like.

COGnosticat0r said:
BigJoeVA68 said:
And since I sold all my gear, now I can buy exactly what I need rather than making due with what I had. I just need to know what to get...

A 3 man tent at least, really as big as you are.  ;D If my son comes with us, my wife and I will be bringing our 8' x 16' x 6' 5" tall tent  :-\

I use an air mattress, and a sleeping bag and don't forget something to inflate the air mattress  :-[  and a small pillow. That is all you need, besides clothes.  We don't do any camp cooking so no need for stoves and the like.

:iagree:

WallyWorld sells some really nice air mattresses. I have a la-cheapa Coleman that I've been using for the past 5 years or so, paid maybe $30 for it, very comfortable.

Alright, I'm in.  :motonoises: Now just looking for a place to stay.  I'll get with Al and see what he has available.

Ready for some twistees!  >:D

McFly, I never thought of attaching my water heater to the back of the Connie.(See Picture)  Sweet...hot water whenever you need it! 

Who needs a shower building?  ;)

Bobby_Cassell_GA said:
McFly, I never thought of attaching my water heater to the back of the Connie.(See Picture)  Sweet...hot water whenever you need it! 

Don't go any bigger than a 40 gallon to start, and drain it before you leave!!  I'm still working on the 46" TV with 6.1 Dolby Surround
and blue ray player....  I got room....    :rotflmao:

Mcfly said:
Bobby_Cassell_GA said:

Don't go any bigger than a 40 gallon to start, and drain it before you leave!!  I'm still working on the 46" TV with 6.1 Dolby Surround
Iff'n you want to bring the 60" big screen, I'll let you borrow my trailer and hitch. >:D

SteveJ. said:
Mcfly said:
Bobby_Cassell_GA said:

Iff'n you want to bring the 60" big screen, I'll let you borrow my trailer and hitch. >:D

He don't need no stinkin' trailer - its a Connie he's packin'  -  it will fit    SOMEWHERE

COGnosticat0r said:
COG-528 said:
Jerry what facebook page are you looking at?  The only thing I can find is the Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort page which belongs to the former owners of TWO.  [/font][/size]

I must be going nuts,  :-\  I know I saw pictures posted of the new two wheels  but I stumped as to where it went.  I thought I liked the site but I can't find it now.  The pictures showed new upstairs, new paved parking lot  etc.  If I can find it again I will post it here

There was a recent article (Rider mag?) stating that someone (Bill Johnston?) purchased the old TWO in Suches, GA and other adjoining property and plans to reopen next year?  According to posts on ADV this info broke in September.  Maybe you giys can stop by during RWTW to check out the construction and get info for the rest of us.

Hi folks,

Al and I worked out a graphic design for the RWTW 2013.... attached...

JP

Attachments

• RWTW 2013.jpg
    RWTW 2013.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 115
:great:  JP &  AL, Good job on the graphic design for the WOLF RALLY.  :sign0098:  See U ALL there. :beerchug:

Juan did all the work on this. I just nodded my head yes. This will go to all riders that are registered for RWTW as an added bonus, created and ordered for our members by one Juan Alviez, a dedicated and caring COG member that is quickly
spoiling us with favors. Suitable as an oval vinyl event sticker, it will go next to my second year Moonshine Lunch Run event sticker from the week before the RWTW.
Running out of room on my thumper, but maybe there's a spot left somewhere.
Thanks Juan, for making this happen for our members. You're the man.    Al

JP said:
Hi folks,

Al and I worked out a graphic design for the RWTW 2013.... attached...

JP

Looks great, a lot better than the one I desgined a few years ago and had it on the t shirts that year  :D  Some people didn't think it looked like a wolf at all  :rotflmao:  I am glad my feeling don't get hurt too easily.  Wonder why I still have a bunch of them in my attic  :'(

S Smith said:
COGnosticat0r said:
COG-528 said:
Jerry what facebook page are you looking at?  The only thing I can find is the Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort page which belongs to the former owners of TWO.  [/font][/size]

I must be going nuts,  :-\  I know I saw pictures posted of the new two wheels  but I stumped as to where it went.  I thought I liked the site but I can't find it now.  The pictures showed new upstairs, new paved parking lot  etc.  If I can find it again I will post it here

There was a recent article (Rider mag?) stating that someone (Bill Johnston?) purchased the old TWO in Suches, GA and other adjoining property and plans to reopen next year?  According to posts on ADV this info broke in September.  Maybe you giys can stop by during RWTW to check out the construction and get info for the rest of us.
According to motodog650 on March 19th, the new Two Wheels of Suches  plans to open sometime around the end of April or in early May.  The camping area has been expanded with the purchase of some adjoining land and four (two person) bunkhouses have been added with more planned for the future if demand warrants.

pict0439.jpg

The main building has undergone some major renovations.

pict0440.jpg

Beyond the trees will be the camping area, bathhouse and bunkhouses

I sent Suches resident, Joan Moody, an email to see if she could provide more information.  Joan was the COG SEAD back in the mid '90s and has been producing the INFO-MAP© for the Georgia Mountains for decades. 

Run With the Wolf used to be a fall rally when it was at T.W.O.  May be the SE Leadership Team will consider reestablishing a Fall RWtW at T.W.S. to go along with the Spring RWtW at Wildcat Lodge.  That would be a great way to bookend the riding season and many riders would appreciate a return to the fall date.

Here is the latest update on Two Wheels of Suches from Joan Moody, COG-63.
That is the good news.  Bill Johnston now owns all of it, over 80 acres.  So he will be able to host large events.  The building looks GREAT and he is building a new larger bathhouse.  There is going to be a work day there tomorrow for anyone that wants to stop by and help out.  Bill is going to have some food for the workers.  I plan to pitch in and help out.  He may know more of a date for an opening by then.

Come up and check it out.

Joan

BBerry said:
What about a design for the non-concours riders with a Chihuahua on it ..  :rotflmao:

And April at WildCat said they are running low on road kill for breakfast, they prefer Opossum!!
:)

How about a guy standing behind the wolf, with a pooper scooper !    :rotflmao:

Sometimes I slay me....  :D

Should we tell him about the enlightened conversation and jokes he'll be hearing around the campfire?  :) Nah.....

Hey Guys and Gals,

Don & Co.  have the place looking GREAT! They've added more tent camping for those that like a vertical challenge above the pavilion. Almost literally.  Door house and campfire ring are in great shape. So's the pool....

BigJoeVA68 said:
IronButtAl said:

heheheheheh
Joe, just show up, strip down...and follow Arnold's lead....
http://youtu.be/fBKMRUyWU38

looks like things are ramping up quickly with RWTW!!

Cognosticator...have had numerous positive comments on your design of the Wolf few yrs back because it is so different--I like it and I like this design too..each a design of the times.

See you all soon...yes I got the time off WWEEEEEEEE!!

Short time now, getting hard to stay calm already going to start packing first real trip this year(should have said getting difficult) Don't worry Lane or Jim I won't show up too early :-[

Roger

Looks like I may show up on Thursday after all, in an effort to keep things simple regarding the Lodge house. Waiting for a call back from the management to make sure we have everything squared away.

That said, fair warning to everyone sharing the house...Dave's been away for two weeks and is just getting back in time for us to go on this trip.  >:D

TMI?  :nananana:

The Riding Librarian said:
Looks like I may show up on Thursday after all, in an effort to keep things simple regarding the Lodge house. Waiting for a call back from the management to make sure we have everything squared away.

That said, fair warning to everyone sharing the house...Dave's been away for two weeks and is just getting back in time for us to go on this trip.  >:D

Oh my....  Glad I bought a tent..... and a camcorder...  Bwah hah hah  :)

Will make sure that the ear plugs make it in from the bike for the night!!

Fl riders:
                              No sure yet of when I am heading up, schedule was to be out last Fri.  :banghead:
"Should" be off Thurs...but you know how that goes.
Will advise when I know.
I may leave from work Wed  or Thurs and ride partway up and camp Atlanta-ish...or...

SOOO looking forward to this!!! :33:

The Riding Librarian said:

Wait, didn't I read that "dark chocolate" was a methods of winning favor!! Would a chocolate bunny work!!!  :)

Jo said:
Will make sure that the ear plugs make it in from the bike for the night!!

SOOO looking forward to this!!! :33:

So glad you are coming Jo!!! Are you staying upstairs? I think Teri from Kawasaki is too, I believe.

We'll ride-em like we stole-em all day and then SLUMBERPARTY! We can do pedicures and manicures, and do facials, and drink appletinis, and have pillow fights in our underwear.

Ah, screw it...let's just go drink whiskey and beer, burp and fart and tell bad jokes around the campfire with the guys.

:beerchug:

reid53 said:
Something tells me we're gonna remember this rally for a long time :motonoises:    :-\

>:D Muahahahahahahahaha!

With some luck, Alicia (she was at the November get together at Al's)  might stop by too. We became FB friends and are hoping to get to ride together while I'm up there. "Ride together" being a relative term, as I'm sure she'll smoke me.

BigJoeVA68 said:
If you remember it, did you really drink enough?  :beerchug:
I resemble that remark, somebody better take Pics.  :beerchug:  :singing: :campfire: PS. Al you better have the shuttle ready.  :sign0085:

Snake said:
BigJoeVA68 said:
I resemble that remark, somebody better take Pics.  :beerchug:  :singing: :campfire:

What we need is one (or six) of those game cameras hunters use. It'll take pictures when a motion sensor is triggered.
Place those strategically about the camp site, and I'm sure we'll see some blackmail material!

Snake said:
BigJoeVA68 said:
I resemble that remark, somebody better take Pics.  :beerchug:  :singing: :campfire: PS. Al you better have the shuttle ready.  :sign0085:
I'll get you home buddy. I just have to crawl a few feet.    Al

Look out guys .....here come the LADIES OF COG!!!!!

:1rij:          :1rij:

:sign0151:          :sign0151:

:O:)              O:)

kawcon14rider said:
We are now showing 77 registered. Only need 23 more to make 100. Lets go everyone only 9 days to go. :great:

If you exceed 99 attendees the Insurance premium for the RWTW goes up $52.50. :(  Then Al might need to raise the rally fee. :truce:

COG-528 said:
kawcon14rider said:
We are now showing 77 registered. Only need 23 more to make 100. Lets go everyone only 9 days to go. :great:

If you exceed 99 attendees the Insurance premium for the RWTW goes up $52.50. :(  Then Al might need to raise the rally fee. :truce:

Mike come be us.. make it 101..  :)

Weather predictions in North Georgia are more fiction than fact. Yeah, it might rain, but give it 10 minutes and it changes...besides, with pollen counts in the 8,000 range  :-\ (extremely high is considered 1500+), we could use a little fresh oxygen to go along with our daily dose of pollen...

Attachments

• Pollen count 4-11-13.pdf
    184 KB · Views: 94
A meteorologist will default to 50% chance of rain when they don't have a clue.
It's even money... 50/50 chance.  A safe bet.

I personally think they should be watching meteors...  Down here in Fla, accuracy
is only 4 hours out... everything else is-->  :sign0023:

Tent and sleeping bag arrived in time, thank you Amazon.  :)

Are there restaurants nearby, or do folks actually cook on site? I am curious if I should dig out the backpacking stove, or just rely on local eateries...

The store across the road serves breakfast and burgers and such during the day.  Friday nights meal is taken care of by Fearless Leader Al Norcross.  Yea boss!!  Saturday night is a catered banquet that you sign up for.  I think Thursday night some of us will ride over to Jims Smokin Q on Highway 129 and then some of us brave souls are going to ride back on Wolf Pen Gap Road at night.  >:D :-\

reid53 said:
I think Thursday night some of us will ride over to Jims Smokin Q on Highway 129 and then some of us brave souls are going to ride back on Wolf Pen Gap Road at night.  >:D :-\

"Wolf Pen Gap Road at night" ... and Jims Smokin Q .. :great:  ;)

BBerry said:
reid53 said:
I think Thursday night some of us will ride over to Jims Smokin Q on Highway 129 and then some of us brave souls are going to ride back on Wolf Pen Gap Road at night.  >:D :-\

"Wolf Pen Gap Road at night" ... and Jims Smokin Q .. :great:  ;)

Yessiree Bob, there MUST be some Jim's Smokin' Q in the plans....

Well, unfortunately I had an emergency come up at work, so I won't be back from a remote site until Friday night. But I am still going to plan on riding up Saturday, even if just to eat, camp and tell some lies Saturday night; I didn't just buy this tent for nothing!

Then I am off to Toronto on Monday... My life has gotten very busy since moving from Texas.  :eek:

Which is ironic, the client I will be at next week until Friday is in College Station, TX...Go figure.  :rotflmao:

Hey guys... I need your advise... I am starting thinking on my trip back to Miami... what are the plans?... should I leave on Saturday and make two stops?... anybody coming close by to make a full day ride on Sunday back home?... Thanks... JP

BigJoeVA68 said:
Well, unfortunately I had an emergency come up at work, so I won't be back from a remote site until Friday night. But I am still going to plan on riding up Saturday, even if just to eat, camp and tell some lies Saturday night; I didn't just buy this tent for nothing!

Then I am off to Toronto on Monday... My life has gotten very busy since moving from Texas.  :eek:

Which is ironic, the client I will be at next week until Friday is in College Station, TX...Go figure.  :rotflmao:

Glad we'll be able to see you at RWTW, Joe.

Am familial with that place - grandparents retired across the drainage ditch in Bryan, TX so I've spent many years visiting the area. Try not to let them Aggie-vate you too much....

FREE FOOD          FREE FOOD          FREE FOOD        FREE FOOD        FREE FOOD

For those interested in FREE FOOD (and who amongst us ain't???), you will be pleased to know that Union Powersports in Blairsville, GA (1741 Blue Ridge Highway  Blairsville, GA 30512, Phone (706) 745-9671) will be offering a menu of hot dogs and sodas for lunch on SATURDAY, APRIL 20TH. :great:

It's been a tough one for the motorcycle industry and we need to show our support of the ones that brung us....The good folks at Union Powersports have been strong supporters of the RWTW over the past few years and quite a few can testify that their service department is made up of top notch folks who will work with you to get tires, etc. at great prices.  :great:

JP said:
Hey guys... I need your advise... I am starting thinking on my trip back to Miami... what are the plans?... should I leave on Saturday and make two stops?... anybody coming close by to make a full day ride on Sunday back home?... Thanks... JP
Hey Juan.

It's about 750 miles. That would be a long, but do-able day. Obviously, an early start would be necessary if you want to do it in a day and get home at a reasonable hour.

Just looked at the forecast, it's gonna a bit chilly up there for us FLA boys and girls.

Edit to add: and girls

My plans for the ride up:  Will be working Wed and off Thurs.

So: I intend to ride in to work Wed and leave from there after a quick wash up, regardless of the time I get off. Reason is, if I go home and get the bike, I'll lose about  1.5 hr will daudling.
Will ride it tired and then get a hotel and finish up Thurs .

Looking forward to seeing all of  you there!

:celebrate:

Jo, Does this means you are the dedicated cage driver to go for adult entertainment? :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: I want to place a order. MOONSHINE  WHITE LIGHTING;)

Jo said:
My plans for the ride up:  Will be working Wed and off Thurs.

So: I intend to ride in to work Wed and leave from there after a quick wash up, regardless of the time I get off. Reason is, if I go home and get the bike, I'll lose about  1.5 hr will daudling.
Will ride it tired and then get a hotel and finish up Thurs .

Looking forward to seeing all of  you there!

:celebrate:
Jo, you're welcome to stay with us in Valdosta Wednesday night.  I'm heading out Thursday morning at 7:45 to meet Billy Berry and ride on up.  :beerchug: :motonoises:

SteveJ. said:
Just looked at the forecast, it's gonna a bit chilly up there for us FLA boys.

Ahhh, but rain chances dropped 20% from yesterday Steve...  Not that the weathermen
have EVER predicted accurate weather a week out. 

Got the rear rubber swapped on the Connie.  She's officially ready to go. 
Putting that rear tire in left a little poo in my undies.  I need a real bike jack,
and/or a chop on the rear fender.

I gotta scuff the new tire up a bit with a nice ride. :)

Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:
Just looked at the forecast, it's gonna a bit chilly up there for us FLA boys.

Ahhh, but rain chances dropped 20% from yesterday Steve...  Not that the weathermen
have EVER predicted accurate weather a week out. 

Got the rear rubber swapped on the Connie.  She's officially ready to go. 
Putting that rear tire in left a little poo in my undies.  I need a real bike jack,
and/or a chop on the rear fender.

I gotta scuff the new tire up a bit with a nice ride. :)
Chop the fender. Cheaper, easier. You'll be able to see how folks have done it when you get up there. I chopped mine to also eliminate the tag light assembly. I cut a hole in the bottom of the tail light lens and glued in a hunk of clear(my favorite color) plastic in it. Viola, tag light.

Found a VERY good article in the Member section of the site about fatigue and motorcycles. It's in the "Library" section.

Since this rally is so early in the year and I personally have had limited riding over the winter, it rang some bells with me about things like sleep (and the lack of), fatigue from long rides, and even dehydration. It addressed things like "early starts" (like 4:00 am) and the second day cumulative effects. "Bonking" (not what  you might think...... :rotflmao:) - a term from bicycling that means the sudden physical collapse at the end of a long ride due to blood sugar fall off, dehydration, and fatigue. Good stuff!

I'd recommend a review of it as part of our pre-rally preparations. See y'all soon.
Ron

Just checked the and it is looking better. Wed Isolated t-storms 30%,H 77 L 59. Thur Cloudy, precip 20%,  H 76 L 59. Fri Isolated t-storms 40%, H 60 L 39. Sat Sunny H 58 L 39. Sun Partly cloudy, H 62 L 43. Maybe by the time Thus gets here the forecast will change to  great.  :))

Here is the latest forecast:

Thu Apr 18
Mostly Cloudy

76°

59°

Mostly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
    20%

Wind:
    S at 13 mph

Fri Apr 19
Scattered T-Storms

60°

39°

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain:
    50%

Wind:
    W at 10 mph

Sat Apr 20
Sunny

58°

39°

Sunny

Chance of rain:
    0%

Wind:
    NW at 7 mph

Sun Apr 21
Partly Cloudy

62°

43°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
    0%

Wind:
    N at 5 mph

COGnosticat0r said:
Here is the latest forecast:

Thu Apr 18
Mostly Cloudy

76°

59°

Mostly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
    20%

Wind:
    S at 13 mph

Fri Apr 19
Scattered T-Storms

60°

39°

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain:
    50%

Wind:
    W at 10 mph

Sat Apr 20
Sunny

58°

39°

Sunny

Chance of rain:
    0%

Wind:
    NW at 7 mph

Sun Apr 21
Partly Cloudy

62°

43°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
    0%

Wind:
    N at 5 mph

That's brisk, but no doubt do-able. It's nice to see they have backed off from the 32* lows on Sat and Sun mornings, and backed off the rain chances for Fri. Looking good, :great:

I think I'll bring the sleeping bag liner and some sort of heat source, maybe electric seein's how they have power there.

Hey Alan, note my verb...will be riding and not caging it...ergo..I will not be the designated driver ;)

Will  see all Thurs...with my hoodie!

Jo, My missunderstanding. I think there is a liquor store in Blairsville I believe in the old gas station  ( GULF) before the center round about. :great:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Jo, My missunderstanding. I think there is a liquor store in Blairsville I believe in the old gas station  ( GULF) before the center round about. :great:

I think you have to go to Helen to get liquor. Which is a great ride to get there, it is just the traffic in and out of Helen that can be a PITA

Packed and headed up to ATL. Here now and waiting out my week of work (ugh, work!) before zipping up the last 80 miles or so on Friday morning. Whoo hoo! Thinking of rolling on up to Deals Gap Friday first thing, sampling the tasty curves and heading back down to Suches like last year.

I'll have my favorite beverage, JD Tennessee Honey. Mmmmm, good. That should keep me warm.

Mike

Heya Mike,

what's that metal thing under your bike, looks like it's attached to your car? >:D

Nice choice for warm up fluid, BTW.

OK a couple of us from Alabama will be coming up.
Me and Ken will get in Friday afternoon
Looking forward to seeing everyone
:beerchug:

ron203 said:
Found a VERY good article in the Member section of the site about fatigue and motorcycles. It's in the "Library" section.

Since this rally is so early in the year and I personally have had limited riding over the winter, it rang some bells with me about things like sleep (and the lack of), fatigue from long rides, and even dehydration. It addressed things like "early starts" (like 4:00 am) and the second day cumulative effects. "Bonking" (not what  you might think...... :rotflmao:) - a term from bicycling that means the sudden physical collapse at the end of a long ride due to blood sugar fall off, dehydration, and fatigue. Good stuff!

I'd recommend a review of it as part of our pre-rally preparations. See y'all soon.
Ron

I hear that loud and clear.

Having always ridden all year, always, I understood that Springtime first rides would hold a few extra concerns for most folks.

But this year, having had to lay off the heavy riding myself, it's very clear to me how much physical and mental stamina can fall off without riding for a while. These things should either be maintained or consciously regained when the riding season starts.
Thanks for this vital reminder!