• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RUN WITH THE WOLF

COGnosticat0r said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Jo, My missunderstanding. I think there is a liquor store in Blairsville I believe in the old gas station  ( GULF) before the center round about. :great:

I think you have to go to Helen to get liquor. Which is a great ride to get there, it is just the traffic in and out of Helen that can be a PITA
Be getting mine in murphy nc ;D

Roger

Counting em down.  Almost here!  This is gonna be a fun one!! :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :)

We are up to 82 registered  :)  With the last minute show ups, this will hit the century mark  :great:

It ain't Thursday yet  ;D

Things appear to be changing for the good. I may be able to ride up to the RWTW this Saturday.  :)
What is the current plan for Saturday?  I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

jdlstorage said:
Things appear to be changing for the good. I may be able to ride up to the RWTW this Saturday.  :)
What is the current plan for Saturday?  I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Union Powersports in Blairsville is treating us to lunch then more riding  :great:

I am packing ALL my cold weather/rain gear, so that should help with the forecast.

Dave gets home this evening and in less than 48 hours we will be on my way to the mountains.
:celebrate:

The Riding Librarian said:
I am packing ALL my cold weather/rain gear, so that should help with the forecast.

Dave gets home this evening and in less than 48 hours we will be on my way to the mountains.
Ya bringing a snow shovel?  :beerchug:

At this report http://tailofthedragon.com/news.html the area's 'Fun Runs' appear to be largely open and ready to ride.

Wolfpen is open all the way. Did notice some LEO activity in the area two weekends ago. The area's other routes seem to be open as well except for:
1)  Hwy 441 through Newfound Gap and the Smokies is closed indefinitely due to rock slide.
2) The Cherohala does have one washed out section where traffic has been reduced to one lane, so be aware and watchful for signage.

Look forward to seeing ya'll!

SteveJ. said:

If ya think it'll ward off the Bad Weather Gods.  ;D

Just Cliff said:
Will there be morning coffee at the pavilion or do we need bring a stove?

Cliff  :beerchug:

Morning coffee will be available at the pavilion.

[/quote]

If ya think it'll ward off the Bad Weather Gods.  ;D
[/quote]

Prayer beads, Indian dances, do whatever it takes...      :great:

Since I'm local......

Looks to be a solid probability for rain on Friday this week.  Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday will be nice.  Saturday morning will be "frosty" first thing in the morning as the front from Friday rolls by.

Phil and I stopped at the campgrounds this past Sunday to see changes and improvements from last year.  We also spoke with the owners and they gave us some inside info for what COG is planning.  Secrets are safe. 

The owners would prefer that no tents go up in the RV spots, not because of expected crouds, but instead, they don't want tent pegs making any holes in their underground electrical, water, and sewer lines that are shallow and running back and forth up in the RV lots.

I can't wait to meet everybody!  Quite certain that I will only remember parts of the weekend.

:beerchug:

Poorboy said:
The owners would prefer that no tents go up in the RV spots, not because of expected crouds, but instead, they don't want tent pegs making any holes in their underground electrical, water, and sewer lines that are shallow and running back and forth up in the RV lots.

Did he say where to put tents.  I don't want to go up the hill, that is full of loose gravel and shakey at best for turning around.

COGnosticat0r said:
Poorboy said:

Did he say where to put tents.  I don't want to go up the hill, that is full of loose gravel and shakey at best for turning around.

Not to mention a heck of a hike.  I may look for somewhere else to camp if this is so.

chamberlincalls said:
Not to mention a heck of a hike.  I may look for somewhere else to camp if this is so.

I just talked with the owners daughter and she said she had not heard that about not being able to camp at the RV sites.  Her Dad will be back around 3 pm and she will ask him and I will call back to find out if it is true and if so, where they want us to camp.  I hope it is still the RV sites though.

Poorboy must have misunderstood what was told to him

We can definitely camp at the RV sites and it was never said that we could not  :beerchug:  Just be careful when putting tent stakes in the ground as you should be able to tell where the electrical boxes are located.

So we can all calm down  :)  including me  ;D  and maybe Poorboy can edit his post and that that part out.

Two more days and I will be there  :)

Not saying COG had anything to do with it.... but aparently tent pegs did give them grief up there.  Maybe big rocks in the tent corners will work?  LOL

THE REALLY, REALLY GOOD NEWS....  (after I smoozed with them a while...)  We can pitch tents anywhere else we want.

I DO NOT reccomend going to the top of the hill.  Phil and I rode up the hill without issue, but coming back down that hill was a sporting event.  The gravel is loose enough where I could easily foresee a mishap if the braking isn't done just right.  There is no way to come down without braking. (thought crossed my mind..... LOL).

There are grassy areas off the gravel areas which may suit us just fine.  The big field below the RV pad area is also open for use.  It comes down to what we want to do.

There is a grassy front yard to the bath house, right next to the holding tank vents.  but whoooo..... might not be a good choice.  LOL

The owners are planning to pave the drives. (but not by Thursday..)  this will make the hill top more appealing, but still a long walk to the pavillion, and even further to the store/check-in building out on the main road.

COGnosticat0r said:
Poorboy must have misunderstood what was told to him

We can definitely camp at the RV sites and it was never said that we could not  :beerchug:  Just be careful when putting tent stakes in the ground as you should be able to tell where the electrical boxes are located.

So we can all calm down  :)  including me  ;D  and maybe Poorboy can edit his post and that that part out.

Two more days and I will be there  :))

No sir..... I did not misunderstand what I was told.  Phil was part of the conversation and heard too what we were told.

But I agree.... we can all calm down..... its a big beautiful place and the owners are very accomodating. Maybe the owner can point out the underground lines and direct us away from doing any harm.

Hmmm...even though our tents will be on the nice flat RV area, we could pull off a fairing lower and go sledding down from the actual "tent" area! It's...remote.

Everyone had great results pitching tents in the RV area last year and I'm sure we all have enough sense between us to keep the tent pegs out of the electrical lines.

The outdoor shelter is plenty big enough for everyone to hang out and have fun Friday night in case of a sprinkle, so don't imagine yourself huddled miserable in a tent--you won't be!

Plus it's reserved for the Flowriduh contingent.  ;)

I'm gonna for sure pitch within about 40' of a power box as the extension cord for the electric heater I'm bringing(  :great: ) is 50'.

Yes, I'm from Floriduh.

Yes, I'm a wimp.

SteveJ. said:

Plus it's reserved for the Flowriduh contingent.  ;)

I'm gonna for sure pitch within about 40' of a power box as the extension cord for the electric heater I'm bringing(  :great: ) is 50'.

Yes, I'm from Floriduh.

Yes, I'm a wimp.

OR you could pitch the tent anywhere and just put a stake in any underground powerline running nearby AND get lights, heat, and an extra boost of energy all at one time. We of course would be happy to observe and report for later posterity  :popcorncouple:

First ones there should cut a hole in their tent floor, and pitch the tent ON the power box.
Then "You've got the power".  All shall praise you and bring small gifts in exchange for some
electricity....
Volcantour said:
Put a stake in any underground powerline running nearby AND get lights, heat, and an extra boost of energy all at one time. We of course would be happy to observe and report for later posterity  :popcorncouple:

This sounds like a job for the NEW GUY!  :)

If your wife is like mine, you may never know if you are going to say/do something that determines if she's going to be hot :) or not :'(.

A question for  the rally mistress or a miester,  when is the keg going to be tapped. Thursday would be most excellent. :beerchug: :great:

SteveJ. said:
A question for  the rally mistress or a miester,  when is the keg going to be tapped. Thursday would be most excellent. :beerchug: :great:

To Be Determined by the Rallymeister team  :great:, possibly after some sampling to ensure quality of the offering...    :beerchug:

NOTE: It's a good thing that we arrive early on Thursday, and not Wednesday....    :)

Boy oh boy it's getting exciting! My front brakes wouldn't work yesterday and I was  :mad: thinking I would have to bring a different bike. But it was just a freshly-cleaned piston stuck too far into the caliper, a good look and some colorful language got it working again.

The Ugly Connie is a go for RWTW 2013!

coffee_brake said:
Boy oh boy it's getting exciting! My front brakes wouldn't work yesterday and I was  :mad: thinking I would have to bring a different bike. But it was just a freshly-cleaned piston stuck too far into the caliper, a good look and some colorful language got it working again.

The Ugly Connie is a go for RWTW 2013!

:great:  Glad you got it working

See a lot of you tomorrow  :beerchug:

Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:

To Be Determined by the Rallymeister team  :great:, possibly after some sampling to ensure quality of the offering...    :beerchug:

NOTE: It's a good thing that we arrive early on Thursday, and not Wednesday....    :)
Should I A$$ume that to be a yes for Thurs?

SteveJ. said:

Yes, but the Georgia contingent needs to drink a lot of it to make sure it is suitable for the other states (like confused, inebriated etc)  :))

COGnosticat0r said:
SteveJ. said:

Yes, but the Georgia contingent needs to drink a lot of it to make sure it is suitable for the other states (like confused, inebriated etc)  :))

In my best Foster Brooks impersonation:  "I represent (hic) Jerry's suggestion..."

I am looking forward to it like you guys don't even know!  If I can get home this afternoon in time, I hope to get it loaded and ready for a mid morning jaunt up to Suches!!

Moto2wheelin said:
I am looking forward to it like you guys don't even know!  If I can get home this afternoon in time, I hope to get it loaded and ready for a mid morning jaunt up to Suches!!

I am already packed and ready to rock n roll  ;D  I am like you Brian, ready to get on the road and see some curvy roads and fellowship with a great group of people

Join for the bike and stay for the people is true  :great:  Man, I might start crying in a minute  :campfire: :party0036: :singing: :103:

Group hug!!  :whoo: Packed up Belle last night!  She's sitting on ready.  On the road early tormorrow finding some good roads up to Cusseta, GA.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Thanks, guys. First thing my wife said to me after she ran down to the basement for something, "Well, I see you are all packed and ready. Thought you weren't leaving until tomorrow!" Well, now she knows it ain't just me  :great:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just took the motorcycle for a ride all geared up.... I think I'm about ready to go too!  WOOT!  :great:

c Grass spots have been mowed this am..the keg is in.the tap..and everything is a go. Not sure how this tent/rv thing  got started..but we got through last year with tent city and no issues. Happy to get out of the chicago area..weather sucked. See you all soon....and be safe out there.    Al

Any of you folks coming up I-75 have any issues between Macon and Atlanta, give me a shout, I'm located in McDonough and can provide assistance if needed.

Ride safe and I'll see you all on Friday. Save me some suds.

Alright, Boys and Girls, online registration is now closed. Those of you making last-minute plans are more than welcome to attend, but you will need to pay your registration fees at the door: Members and their guests: $15, Non-members: $25

We've got 68 members registered bringing 16 guests - It's gonna be GREAT!  :great:

Ride safely, ya'll  :motonoises:

Looks like I've got to work 'til 5 on Friday (got an employee out). Will the check in desk be open Saturday until ??  Or should I just catch you all at Union Power Sports?
Thanks.
Ron

Hey ya'll! Reporting live from Helen, GA. Easy-peasy ride up except for riding through a thunderstorm the last 10 miles in. But they have beer here, so it's all good.

Keep an eye out for the coppers on 75, especially in FL. They were EVERYWHERE.

See ya'll tomorrow!

Will be heading out in a couple of hours. Jim are you and I the only SC members that are going. Hope not. See everyone there. :motonoises: :great:

Well, we're sitting here at Wildcat watching the rain and drinking coffee. Won't be much riding today. But it's all good!

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
:'(  Steve

Quitcher cryin ya big baby :nananana:

Here's my driveway as of 5 minutes ago.....I'm going NOWHERE on 2 wheels. To think I thought I was gonna make it to RWTW ::)

Attachments

• P1090139 (Medium).JPG
    P1090139 (Medium).JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 98
2Fast said:
Steve in Sunny Fla said:
:'(  Steve

Quitcher cryin ya big baby :nananana:

Here's my driveway as of 5 minutes ago.....I'm going NOWHERE on 2 wheels. To think I thought I was gonna make it to RWTW ::)
What's all that white stuff, sand blown in from the beach?

On TDY in Suches Ge, 38* outside, 70+ in my heated tent. It is like frigid out there.

Just be sure you have a working flammable gas monitor in the tent with you :D :D :D :D :D

Howdy to all my SE buds......was looking forward to seeing you guys

Well, I guess a last-minute commitment is better than no commitment at all.    :great: :beerchug:

Imma gonna scoot on down in the morning & hopefully catch up with some of you folks at the campground around 2, assuming this thing's affinity for triple digits doesn't land me in the pokey along the way.    :motonoises:

Unfortunately, I won't be making it as planned. I took ill while in Texas, and sneezing and coughing in the brain bucket isn't very appetizing. Not to mention sleeping on the ground. And I have a flight to Canada on Monday...so...I will be recovering at home.  :'(

On the plus side, I have a spiffy new tent and sleeping bag, so my ride opportunities should increase this year...especially with summer coming. In theory, anyway, it is low 40s right now!

Hopefully I will have better luck next time.

Ride safe, y'all!

handyman said:
KRAMBONZBBQ!! :great:

Oh, I wish you had not brought up Krambonz :'( :'( :'(

Still the best Q I have had. They should call it Krak bonz :allhail: :allhail:  Now I really feel bad about not makin it.

I know you guys/gals had a ball.

Ride safe home guys and gals. Lifted up a prayer for all of you this am.

Pastor Tyler

Made it to the house. Now time for rest. You guys wear me out.....but in a GOOD way! :great:

Thanks to all for pitching in and being such a great group of people. The rally was great fun even when the going got tough/windy/wet/COLD

For my 1st rally I had a great time. Was able to put faces to of some the great people that I had met on the forum. Jenn did an outstanding job as Rally Master. She has also done a great of getting her bike back on the road.
Thanks to all for the great for a time and making me feel right at home with the great people of COG. I also was able to add 975 miles  to my bike on the trip.
Now time for supper and some rest.

Thanks to all the organisers of the "run with the wolf " rally.It was fun even though the weather wasn't the best.I can't wait for 2014  fall to come quick enough to meet up again. :)

Carol & I made it home safely as always through the grace of God.Wonderful time as always, rode home both facing the same direction :)) (no cruel and unusual punishment here)Kudo's to Jen--hmfwbic,Jim--Great coffee among other things,Ken who almost blew it but pulled it out at the end,and last but never least Al--the guy who put more miles on the four wheeler takin care of business than it has seen in awhile--------Great meeting some new friends and great to say some old friends not waiting another year I hope to see some faces again :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :great:Love ya'll your a great bunch of people don't care what Jim say's about ya.
kawcon14rider said:
For my 1st rally I had a great time. Was able to put faces to of some the great people that I had met on the forum. Jenn did an outstanding job as Rally Master. She has also done a great of getting her bike back on the road.
Thanks to all for the great for a time and making me feel right at home with the great people of COG. I also was able to add 975 miles  to my bike on the trip.
Now time for supper and some rest.

no rest for you get that coffee made in the morning then you can rest. ;D                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Roger

Hi buddies,

Made it home safely. Arrived at 8 PM. A lot of rain in Florida... nothing strange... thanks all the organizers for so great event. I had a lot of fun and had the chance to meet very nice people... all of them...

Best regards...

JP

What a great time!  This is my first BIG rally with COG.  Great bunch of guys, and gals.  Really enjoyed meeting all the  participants.  I will be getting to all the ride events I can fit into my schedule with this group.  Thanks to the Rally Master!!  Great job by all that worked to coordinate this event.  Everyone appeared to have an excellent time, as I did.  See you folks at the next ride event!

A few photos:

JP said:
Hi buddies,

Made it home safely. Arrived at 8 PM. A lot of rain in Florida... nothing strange... thanks all the organizers for so great event. I had a lot of fun and had the chance to meet very nice people... all of them...

Best regards...

JP
Dang it Juan, you musta kicked it in high gear. Was that you I heard pull out about 5:30-6 am.?

Truly great to meet and ride with ya.

Later.

Made it home at about 8/:40, a little moderate rain around Ocala and a bit in Wildwood, total time in rain about half an hour mostly very light.

McFly, good riding with ya and hope you stayed more or less dry on the way home.

Wanna go dual sporting in the Croom? :motonoises: :motonoises: :beerchug:

Well, made it back around 5pm today. 600 miles of slab  :( ,  but great (started out chilly, but layered up  :great: )  riding weather all the way down. Was peeling off a layer per stop once south of Atlanta........
Looked like some rain popped up behind me when pausing just north of Tampa, but never got any myself. A little sun shower spit at the house in Sarasota and that was it.

Bike is downloaded, first couple runs of laundry dun started, ready to "rest" a little.  All told about 1600+ miles the past few days buuuuut what a great "decompress" time  :)  Had a blast!

Great seeing everyone!  Hats off to Jenn, Tom, Jim and Wildact plus everyone else who pitched in making this Wolf happen, kudos

SteveJ. said:
McFly, good riding with ya and hope you stayed more or less dry on the way home.
Hit the driveway at 10:20pm Steve.  Had a couple of showers and one moderate rain.
It was a good call to double back to I10...  It would have been a miserable ride home
going through Orlando.  (I did get my @$$ kicked on that bridge on 295.... wind was brutal.)

Good ridin' with you too.  Thanks for takin' the new guy to the twisties, and showing
me the "other side" of the Concours.  (The dual sport side  :-[)

SteveJ. said:
Wanna go dual sporting in the Croom? :motonoises: :motonoises: :beerchug:

Ahhhhhh.... no.  :nananana:        :rotflmao:

To all the Coordinators and volunteers that made the Rally such a blast.... THANK YOU for all your work.
It was a great time meeting new people, and finally meeting "Forum Friends" face to face.
COG has a great bunch of people, and I look forward to seeing y'all again soon.

Yeah Steve--- some darkness leaving but nice trip in general... thanks for the ride from Ocala... hope you see you soon...

JP

A BIG thanks to Al, Jenn & all who helped pull this rally off. A little wind, rain, & cold but still a great rally none the less. I will be back.

Thanks to Brian also for being also for being such a good tour guide. Even though the very brisk pace caused everything to be blurred. Is there scenery in Georgia?
He did highlight my map for me so I could see where I had been.

Had a great time!
Cliff  :beerchug:

In short, great roads, great people, and great weather! Okay, two outta three ain't bad.

Thanks Jenn, Al, and COG contingent! Great show and a great time. I enjoyed myself, met new friends, and learned that my new tent does not leak and withstands moderate winds. Glad we had the opportunity to enhance Mcfly's riding with some Concours Dual-Sporting action.  :motonoises:

Oh, and good choice on the beer Al! Looking forward to being part of the team.

Cheers.

Randy

Had a GREAT TIME :great: w/ all the people from area 51. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Jen did a GREAT job w/assistance from Al and all her voluntaries. A BIG THANKS goes out to all of you :bravo_2: :sign0098: :1Rik: If this happens again some where at some time and the crowd to this big, and the beer runs out, I will be the FIRST one to make a donation for another keg of beer. :beerchug: :beerchug: Who is w/me on this one? :beerchug:      I was the LAST ONE to leave (2:00Pm)  and still in the area for 2 more weeks. Any one going to the BMW Georgia Mt Rally in Hiawassee the first weekend in May (3 to the 5)? I'll be there, give me a holler ;) :)             
Any one pass Roman on the way home to Miami? :motonoises: 

This year's RWTW turned out pretty well, thanks to both the folks who put their hands to helping, and also to ALL of us for being determined to have a good time together.

It's the participants who make a rally. Not the great food, prizes, weather, campfire or anything else, not even the riding. All of these great parts of our rally wouldn't mean anything at all if all of YOU had not showed up with your good attitudes and friendly approach to each other. Fortunately, this is quite normal for COGgers attending COG events.

Thanks to YOU for making YOUR rally fun and worthwhile!

Al Norcross ran his wheels off taking care of a myriad of little and big issues, and poor Jim Culp was up making coffee early when I was trying to catch a little more sleep, and for that I am very grateful. Tom Sills caught more abuse than usual...as usual. And I'll forget folks if I start naming every single person to whom I pointed and said, "Please do this task." You know who you are, and I thank you.

Guess what happens next year? HAHAHAHA I don't know either! Somebody else gets the job of Rally Meister!  :D

handyman said:
Glad we had the opportunity to enhance Mcfly's riding with some Concours Dual-Sporting action.  :motonoises:

:-[  Definitely one or two  :-\  Fortunately no  :'( 

We definitely saw parts of Cherokee National Forest that no other Connie has seen (ever I'll bet!)
Dirt roads included, it was one fabulous day of riding... AND I got to try some Kram Bones "Q".  :great:
Great riding with ya!

If there were room in the garage for an adventure bike....    >:D

Any one pass Roman on the way home to Miami?

Hey Alan, we met up with him at a rest area around the 120 mm in Ga on I-75, somewhere aforund 1-2pm. He left out before us from there.

Good seein' ya again.

Later.

I have to echo what Jen said about it being the participants that make the rally.  I'm a bit, okay a lot, lucky in that I live very close to this area so I can ride up here whenever I want. I used to come to these rallies to go riding; now I come to see all the friends I know and the ones I haven't met yet.

The Concours Owners Group is unlike a lot of clubs. Some clubs are all about the socializing, some all about the partying, some all about the marque being ridden. COG is all about the riding (safely).  :motonoises: We welcome any marque or style bike (Mike Ford was there on a loud piped H-D; OH THE HUMANITY!  :-[ but we welcomed him into the fold anyway). When the bikes are parked for the night, we have been known to party a bit.  :beer:  :campfire: Everyone should be a member of COG.

Jen. Thanks for the great job you did as the Rallymaster (rallymistress?).  :great:
Tom. Thanks for everything you did to support the effort.  :)
Al. Thanks for the burgers on Friday and the beer. :beerchug:
Everyone else. Thanks for making it a success. YOU GUYS/GALS ROCK! :pDT_Armataz_01_37: :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Took my time in getting home, one more way to have some chill time , and I DO NOT mean this in reference to the weather!
Home by 5pm and was on the good side of the rain- only a short heavy "mist" and then no more.
Temps stayed cooool and overcast but otherwise good riding.
Even when rolling through Atlanta most everyone was doing the speed limit- that was a first. :great:

:iagree:                  :iagree:
with the above statements on how great the rally was,
the coordinators, the fun, the company and etc, etc.
:bravo_2:

You guys are killing me. I am sorry I could not make it this year. The pictures remind me of last year.
That place looks SO good. Will maybe next year. Glad you all had good time.

Wow. What a time!

First off, thank you to everyone who made Dave and I feel so very welcome. I don't know if we've ever met a more friendly, inclusive group. We had an absolute blast and can't wait to ride all day/party all night with you guys again!

And of course a HUGE thank you to Jenn the Rally Goddess, Al, and all of their minions for such a wonderful event. I put on some large annual events myself, and I know how much work it is to try to get everyone and everything together. My Bear Hat is off to you all.  :beerchug:

Patti

PS I know I promised to change my avatar. But the thing is, I have several pictures of OTHER Coggers wearing the bear hat...but none of me!  :nananana:

Sure Patti. Of course there's no way that Dave could take your picture in the bear hat.  ::) Geez, talk about a weak excuse. :-[

Oh wait, I forgot. "Dave's not here."  :rotflmao:

Ranger Jim said:
Sure Patti. Of course there's no way that Dave could take your picture in the bear hat.  ::) Geez, talk about a weak excuse. :-[

Oh wait, I forgot. "Dave's not here."  :rotflmao:

We're disappointed, to be sure, about the lost opportunity for the new avatar. But I'd give good money to see a picture of that hat on Jim Culp..... :great:

I had a blast. The area is beautiful and the group welcoming. Thanks for all the hard work and taking the time to put this together.
The ride there and back was beautiful.

THANKS!!

:pDT_Armataz_01_37:

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Wow. What a time!

First off, thank you to everyone who made Dave and I feel so very welcome. I don't know if we've ever met a more friendly, inclusive group. We had an absolute blast and can't wait to ride all day/party all night with you guys again!

And of course a HUGE thank you to Jenn the Rally Goddess, Al, and all of their minions for such a wonderful event. I put on some large annual events myself, and I know how much work it is to try to get everyone and everything together. My Bear Hat is off to you all.  :beerchug:

Patti

PS I know I promised to change my avatar. But the thing is, I have several pictures of OTHER Coggers wearing the bear hat...but none of me!  :nananana:

I have several good ones of you and the bear hat.  I'll send them to you Patti!

I got home yesterday after a detour to Ranger Jim's house. Had a great time with everyone. Got to see old friends, spend quality time with some newer ones and meet some brand new ones. So, even with the rain and the cold (brrrr!), it was what most COG events are about; getting in some riding and hanging with your friends! Thanks to Jenn and her team for the hard work involved in putting this together! Now, if I can just get a heater for my tent....

Eddie-FL said:
Now, if I can just get a heater for my tent....

I wasn't laughing at Steve J's heater after 2:30ish Saturday morning. It was a bit chilly, but a great weekend none the less. Looking forward to the next time we all gather again.

Did Tom break out a few moves around the fire like he did at the Natchez rally? SteveJ had a heater??? What is this world coming to these days?

Pastor Tyler

MSRev said:
Did Tom break out a few moves around the fire like he did at the Natchez rally? SteveJ had a heater??? What is this world coming to these days?

Pastor Tyler

Not only did SteveJ have a heater, he was pretty darned proud of it too!  (Not that I b lame him!)

(Don't tell him this, but I was a wee bit jealous.)    :19: