• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What have your done to your C14 today

connie_rider said:
HeavyRotation said:
Removed and shipped ECU to SISF for the AP Flash which im hoping works well with my recently  installed full Delkeic 4-1. Also realized i probably somewhat overtorqued my header nuts, manual says 13 lbft, yikes. I guess if the studs didnt snap it's probably fine....? Oh, Gilbysan, everyone knows the secret to long clutch life is rolling burnouts and Rotella.  :beerchug:

Please keep us updated on your Flash and header thoughts.
Seen where several have installed the Delkevic system, but don't recall seeing a ride report.
Particularly interested in your thoughts with the Delks. before and after the flash.

Ride safe, Ted
Will do. Steve got me flashed today, hoping to have it back by the weekend for a vigorous Sunday flog. I feel the bike runs better with the exhaust installed than it did stock, can't wait to see what the flash does. Steve said he's already slightly tweaked it from the AP flash based on reports from the first two adopters. If you're local NW I'd be happy to let you ride it.

Bring it to the COG National next year {in Vancouver Washington} and we can compare bikes.
I have ZX-14 headers and Steve's Mountain Runner Premium Flash on mine.

But more importantly; Come ride with us!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Grant,
Brother, I hear you; mine is a daily rider as well, and you know how the traffic is around the Sound.  Lately, I have been riding from Carnation to Auburn/Puyallup each day taking 18/167/512 both directions and will sometimes do the 405/167/512 to see how the other half of people who travel on our roads, if you can call that living...
18 is not much stop and go since I am against the traffic flow in both directions.  405 does not matter which way you are going there is a lot of clutch work in and out up and down the gears.  I am not aware of any adjustment to the clutch other than fluid levels and the aforementioned parts replacement that I just went through, but if you know of something, please let me know.
Finally, did I read from Connie Rider that the next National is in Vancouver, WA?  WoooHooo! That is great news.
Take care!
Gilbysan

connie_rider said:
Bring it to the COG National next year {in Vancouver Washington} and we can compare bikes.
I have ZX-14 headers and Steve's Mountain Runner Premium Flash on mine.

But more importantly; Come ride with us!!!

Ride safe, Ted

I sure hope to be there, God willing, I'm very close by.

RR,
You are referring to a Two Brothers to Area P Slip-On swap out yes?  Is Area P CF Or SS?  First thoughts on sound / performance?

Been on a repeatedly pushed out :( waiting list for a Full Area P Exhaust system.

Installed a fresh set of Dunlop Roadsmart III's, 190-55 rear. Ready to see how they feel and get them scuffed at the Ride The Ribbon Rally. They mounted fairly easy in the heat and balanced out really nice.

Road Runner said:
Replaced the Two Brothers exhaust w/ an Area P one. Ready to roll again ... Yee ha!

Woo hoo ... w/ both the new Area P exhaust and Steve's MRP flash that back has "it's groove" (it's zip") back; wow. That tells me the importance of re-packing your slip-on periodically. Although a hot ride today, it was really a blast out riding again today.  :great:

:))Reinstalled my ECU and went for a 2.5 hour assessment flog. Im not disappointed at all. Bike feels like it Shoodaben from the factory, total beast. Anyone on the fence needs to send their ECU to Steve ASAP. I'm running the full Delkevik with 18" SS silencer and Area P flash. The bike now feels/runs like a big bore sportbike with dialed fueling. Surfing the torque from 3-6k makes quick smooth work of the tight stuff and wfo is not necessary to flatten the eyeballs on the straighter bits.

HeavyRotation said:
:))Reinstalled my ECU and went for a 2.5 hour assessment flog. Im not disappointed at all. Bike feels like it Shoodaben from the factory, total beast. Anyone on the fence needs to send their ECU to Steve ASAP. I'm running the full Delkevik with 18" SS silencer and Area P flash. The bike now feels/runs like a big bore sportbike with dialed fueling. Surfing the torque from 3-6k makes quick smooth work of the tight stuff and wfo is not necessary to flatten the eyeballs on the straighter bits.

Haha; well said !

Changed oil and filter today, 4.7 quarts of Rotella T6 goodness in her. I figure to run 5k on that unless it starts looking real ugly. Anyone here done a Blackstone analysis on longer oil intervals?

Installed the wiring harness for a new Garmin Zumo. Had a previous model and liked it a lot, but when the USB broke I sent it in for repair and the USPS lost it. I didn't have insurance, got $100 out of them though, lesson learned.

I just now bolt a hard case to the luggage rack. It is a simple black plastic case from The Container Store.  I put door stops on the passenger grabrails , to prevent the case from touching the seat , then tightened the  J-Bolts. This the same case I had over the passenger seat of my FZ1 . I only had to carve 2 holes a little larger

Gents
I've got 4000 miles on my 2014 Black C-14 now.
What fun
Got that bike with 11k on it.
Its in my shop now for some TLC
Gonna get a ECU Flash from Steve, ECU got mailed yesterday
Oil Change
Ordered a set of Dunlop Road Smart 3 tires , Michelin 4's are done, liked those tires BTW.
Advanced touring Bar Backs
Beadrider seat cover
Ordered some thicker bar grips too.

Did a 410 mile western Colorado loop friday, Bike runs great! I like the brakes and the power, the shifting is good.
Curious to ride it after the ECU upgrade and new tires, seat cover and bar backs and grips installed..
Roll on Alabama

It will feel like a new bike all over again. Every time I get new tires I smile, thinking I didn't know they were that bad. Couple that with an ECU flash and it will better than a new bike!!

Tundra said:
It will feel like a new bike all over again. Every time I get new tires I smile, thinking I didn't know they were that bad. Couple that with an ECU flash and it will better than a new bike!!

Amen to that !  :great:

Coggers,
Odo tripped over 30,000 today.  28K of those are mine since January 2018.  Been a nice 18 months of riding, 2 trips to CA, one southern, one mid, and lots of shorter rides in the PNW.  What great bikes Connies are!
I think I will wash her and add a coat of wax to the other coats of wax on her already.
Safe Riding!
Gilbysan aka Fat Ninja

Forgot to mention, about a month ago I changed to a Sargent World Seat, the lower sport model.  It is a firm seat, much firmer than the stock model with the CarbonFX (their marketecture term) vinyl.  At first I did not like it because it is slipperier compared to the stock seat.  After a bit though it is not so bad because it does not rotate my crotch forward and cause my jewels to get under me, which is a singularly uncomfortable position on a long ride.  As far as comfort goes compared to stock after 2K+miles on it to CA and back I can't tell you that it is a better seat for long rides than the stock seat, but it is different.  The lower profile makes it a bit easier to get flat on the ground, but again, not that much different that the stock seat.

For the record I am 5'9", 150#, 32" inseam so its not like I am making a seat work really hard to carry me around.  Just sayin'
Cheers!
Gilbysan aka- Fat Ninja

gilbysan said:
Forgot to mention, about a month ago I changed to a Sargent World Seat, the lower sport model.  It is a firm seat, much firmer than the stock model with the CarbonFX (their marketecture term) vinyl.  At first I did not like it because it is slipperier compared to the stock seat.  After a bit though it is not so bad because it does not rotate my crotch forward and cause my jewels to get under me, which is a singularly uncomfortable position on a long ride.  As far as comfort goes compared to stock after 2K+miles on it to CA and back I can't tell you that it is a better seat for long rides than the stock seat, but it is different.  The lower profile makes it a bit easier to get flat on the ground, but again, not that much different that the stock seat.

For the record I am 5'9", 150#, 32" inseam so its not like I am making a seat work really hard to carry me around.  Just sayin'
Cheers!
Gilbysan aka- Fat Ninja
Yeah, not real impressed with the sargent low cut that came on mine. The stocker must be really bad cause the one on there now definitely trys to slide my skin from butt cheeks up onto my back. Obviously the twins follow as they are tethered to the whole lot out back that is migrating north. After the riding season is over I believe I’m going to remove the seat cover and add/shape some latex foam onto the existing foam to try and reduce/remove the “connie slide”. Seems to be plenty of room, lots of seat cover not even touching the foam beneath when you’re not mounted on it. Admittedly, my can is a bit sore from the 4 hours a day the last couple days. Jumping back on it today, new jobsite, 180 mile round trip. Then this weekend I’m trailering my 96 vmax to southern Indiana for some holiday riding (I am a laborer) with momma. Ride till the right before the sun drops then some fungi for enhanced stargazing and inner exploration😎 Been busting my hump double time this summer between work and home, time to unwind.

I always had trouble with the jewels getting under me. It happened with the stock seat, with the Corbin and with the Corbin with an Airhawk. So  I tried these underwear out. Huge improvement. It keeps the beans and hot dog apart. They also wick out moisture nicely. The ad is a little confusing as not all shown have a seperate jewel pouch. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2ZGR2D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wayne

gilbysan said:

Cheers!
Gilbysan aka- Fat Ninja

Jethrobolas, Enjoy your holiday time off dude!  Safe riding! 
Kzz1king, Those look a bit strange at first glance especially with their Metro Sexual model guy, but I have to admit they look functional. I have been using my Mt. Bike riding shorts with gel or faux shammy inserts and they help with the butt pain on long, long days.  Sometimes, I am tempted to tie a string around them so I can pull it all up when needed but that would be way over the top weird I think.  My wife would say that at the end of the day it is no big thing...

Finally, MOB - I have been a CoG member for only a couple of years and do not get many of the TLAs and FLAs, etc. shown by many.  Is there a secret decoder ring I can get my hands on?  A glossary other than Google?  I don't want them to know I am deficient when it comes to these codes...

Cheers everyone! 

Gilbysan

2600 miles in 5 days with no re positioning needed. I dont care what they look like. With the jockys I was doing more ball handling than Michael Jordan (name the movie) :) :D

gilbysan said:
Jethrobolas, Enjoy your holiday time off dude!  Safe riding! 
Kzz1king, Those look a bit strange at first glance especially with their Metro Sexual model guy, but I have to admit they look functional. I have been using my Mt. Bike riding shorts with gel or faux shammy inserts and they help with the butt pain on long, long days.  Sometimes, I am tempted to tie a string around them so I can pull it all up when needed but that would be way over the top weird I think.  My wife would say that at the end of the day it is no big thing...

Finally, MOB - I have been a CoG member for only a couple of years and do not get many of the TLAs and FLAs, etc. shown by many.  Is there a secret decoder ring I can get my hands on?  A glossary other than Google?  I don't want them to know I am deficient when it comes to these codes...

Cheers everyone! 

Gilbysan

Installed, adjusted and test rode 400 miles Penske 8975 Rear Shock.  Range and multitude of adjustments far superior to stock unit.  95% of riding is with my wife riding pillion, upgraded spring and double adjustability have improved performance in areas of comfort and tracking.

All prepped and ready for another trip to the Oregon Coast. 1st destination overnight was McMinville OR but the temps will be 91 at least, Lincoln City on the coast will be 69! So its a no brainer.

Stopping at Tillamook Creamery to get some Squeaky Cheese on the trip!

Any changes the front end?
Wayne

2andBlue said:
Installed, adjusted and test rode 400 miles Penske 8975 Rear Shock.  Range and multitude of adjustments far superior to stock unit.  95% of riding is with my wife riding pillion, upgraded spring and double adjustability have improved performance in areas of comfort and tracking.

After a nice 800 miles to the Ride the Ribbon Rally in John Day, I saw I was a it over my oil change schedule so today I dropped the oil and final drive, freshly lubed and ready for the rest of the year. The new RSIII's performed admirably, no chicken strips on the rear, no discernible slips while rolling in 48 degrees up the river on 395 yesterday AM.

Kzz1king said:
Any changes the front end?
Wayne

I did not make adjustments to the forks when installing Penske.  Had previously increased preload and rebound when rear was stock Kawi Shock.

2andBlue said:

Sorry. I misquoted. It is:

"ha ha ha. Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball handling in one night as you do in an hour."

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Wayne

gilbysan said:
KzzqKing,
No idea on the movie, which was it?
Gilbysan

11,000 miles first time having plastic off, not horrible however I am postponing plug change.

1. Changed Air Filter (Little Kawi filter $42 :eek:)
2. Reset SAG on Penske 8975 (25% too stiff) / Reset Compression and Rebound to center
3. Topped off coolant (to middle of L and F cold) - No current leak: At time of factory delivery hose clamp leak and dealer was reluctant to fill above L at cold believing leak could reoccur from overflow at oper. temp.  Not what manual says.

Now off to road test / readjust Compression and Rebound. 

:) 2 week Smokey Mountain trip coming :)

2andBlue said:
2. Reset SAG on Penske 8975 (25% too stiff) / Reset Compression and Rebound to center

Now off to road test / readjust Compression and Rebound

Re-dialed in C / R after softening preload and had smoothest 2-up ride to date on the C14!  This Shock has transformed the 2-up drivability.  May chase a bit more however very pleased with performance thus far.

One other note, about 700 miles since Penske install feathering in rear tire is going away.  Stock Shock had to cranked so tight to properly hold our combined weight from bottoming on our less than great roads in PA and the  PR4 got just hammered.  After a little more tweaking will put on new PR4 set for fall riding and expect much better / even wear.  Can’t complain on mileage BTW did get 6,500 miles 95% 2-up.

Ok Gents
So completed a bunch of stuff on my 2014 C-14
Shoudabeen Reflash, This is a good thing, it hasn't, so far, completely eliminated the on/of throttle jerkiness, but helped.
Still working with Steve on this, improvement in low end torque and general smoothness through out the powerband
Installed Barbacks, works for me!
Installed Beadrider seatcover, this is nice.
Changed the oil to Mobil 1 and new Mobil 1 filter
Installed Dunlop RoadSmart 3 tires, this made a positive difference, my old Michelin Pilot 4's were done.

Rode it home -- saw this nice looking 2008 advertised.  Eventually traded my 1999 C10 for it -- only to discover that it was a 2009 after the paperwork was mostly done (VIN told the story).  Initially impression; awesome brakes, dignified-plush handling and huge torque -- oh, and an airbubble only about 75% of that on the C10 which was a surprise.  In the same weather, same day, the C10 seemed to have more engine heat -- which was also a surprise, but after only 75 miles I have a bunch to learn...

2andBlue said:
11,000 miles first time having plastic off, not horrible however I am postponing plug change.

42000 miles on my plugs so far - runs like a champ.  I had them out at 20000 and they looked new still - they are Iridium plugs, the same as cars rated at 100K mile change.  I may change them this winter if I check the valves.

dcstrng said:
Rode it home -- saw this nice looking 2008 advertised.  Eventually traded my 1999 C10 for it -- only to discover that it was a 2009 after the paperwork was mostly done (VIN told the story).  Initially impression; awesome brakes, dignified-plush handling and huge torque -- oh, and an airbubble only about 75% of that on the C10 which was a surprise.  In the same weather, same day, the C10 seemed to have more engine heat -- which was also a surprise, but after only 75 miles I have a bunch to learn...
But is it flashed yet?

HeavyRotation said:
But is it flashed yet?

Nope... but I figure I'll send it off at the same time I send the seat to Rocky so he can make me a proper saddle... I may just tough it out until cooler weather, but my butt and the factory aberration are not a good fit... so, will do it all at the same time if I can coordinate it...

Bought it.  I  bought it from a fellow Cogger.  New to me 2008!  Looking forward to all the new excitement! :great: :motonoises:

Rideezdale said:
Bought it.  I  bought it from a fellow Cogger.  New to me 2008!  Looking forward to all the new excitement! :great: :motonoises:
Congrats on the new addition! :motonoises:

Went to get on the C14 that lives in my garage.  Errors on the dash and just buzzed when I hit the starter.  Pulled the battery,topped off the charge with a small charger, got all the connections nice and shiny and put it all back together.  That's all it took. :motonoises:

Bud said:
Went to get on the C14 that lives in my garage.  Errors on the dash and just buzzed when I hit the starter.  Pulled the battery,topped off the charge with a small charger, got all the connections nice and shiny and put it all back together.  That's all it took. :motonoises:

Great to hear. I too like simple fixes  :great:

Pinned my bags and mounted the bag protectors... Thought it might be a good idea since the  previous owner told me that the only time the bags were on the bike was when he rode it home from the showroom floor..... I want to keep them looking that way as much as possible!! :D :D ;D

Installed a Vstream windshield, no perceptible improvement over the CeeBaily that I can tell -- may go back.  Installed a  Kaoko throttle lock (they call it a stabilizer), easy and seems to work unobtrusively; simple is good, real simple is real good ... and sprayed on some detailing wax/stuff and polished just a bit -- first bike I think I've done this with since my P11 back around 1969 -- don't ask... 

PS -- had some gas/bag keys made...

Rode it to the parts store to get parts cor the cage, on the way home stopped to see a friend and he pointed out my tabs are expired  :-[  oh well season is pretty much over here hence the cage maintenance. :'(

Syxxphive said:
Did a coolant flush and air filter on my 08. Coolant had the color of motor oil.

How many miles on the bike or how long since the last flush? New owner here, just trying to get sense of the intervals.

Monstarz said:
Syxxphive said:
Did a coolant flush and air filter on my 08. Coolant had the color of motor oil.

How many miles on the bike or how long since the last flush? New owner here, just trying to get sense of the intervals.
I’m at 30k. No idea when it was done last. I’ve had it two years and hadn’t done it before. Bike had 13k when I bought it.

Rode it to work...again. Not too bad for 10/23 on the 47th parallel N.

Attachments

• 10_23_19.jpg
    10_23_19.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 95
Put it on the bench to install new {bigger} battery, add a connection for accessories near the battery, and plug the hose to reduce backfiring. {Does anyone recall where there is a discussion on plugging that hose}?

Ride safe, Ted

Thanx Gumby; 
http://forum.cog-online.org/accessories-c14/new-slip-on-backfire/msg182218/#msg182218

http://www.holeshot.com/Concours_c14/c14decel_inst.html

I did a search before posting as I can't get that (Holeshot) version to open.
    I just sent Holeshot a note and asked them to send me the video/pictures.

I know I've seen instructions/pictures somewhere, but unable to find any other when I searched.
  Just found this old post from Fred;
  I'd recommend you simply pull the hose down out of the bottom of the air box and stuff a cork (or something similar) into the hose to block it, and then push it back up into the airbox. Just make sure whatever you use to plug up the hose fits in it real snug so it can't come out.
Alternatively, you can cork the hose and leave it loose and then also cork/plug the hole in the airbox bottom, but that will entail plugging two places instead of one.

Ride safe, Ted

Ted,
Please be patient with your response from Dale Walker (Holeshot Performance) He is currently dealing with a recent stage 4 Cancer diagnosis. His time in the shop is now severely restricted, although he or his wife Liza will be in, I'm not sure of the frequency. Probably not much of a priority at this time.

Thanks,
Doug

Tundra said:
Ted,
Please be patient with your response from Dale Walker (Holeshot Performance) He is currently dealing with a recent stage 4 Cancer diagnosis. His time in the shop is now severely restricted, although he or his wife Liza will be in, I'm not sure of the frequency. Probably not much of a priority at this time.

Thanks,
Doug

I just tried it and found I another way. Click on "Home" from his site, then "ZG14 Concours1400" Then "Holeshot slip-ons installation page" Instructions and pics included. I did this with his Comp II exhaust, sound bites available to listen also. Best Connie exhaust IMHO

Dale Walker (Holeshot Performance) He is currently dealing with a recent stage 4 Cancer diagnosis.

Sad to hear...he has been a great help to me on a couple of projects and joy to talk to.

ZXtasy said:
Dale Walker (Holeshot Performance) He is currently dealing with a recent stage 4 Cancer diagnosis.

Sad to hear...he has been a great help to me on a couple of projects and joy to talk to.
Yes, I got to know him while working on my Bandit. Always a pleasure to speak with, beyond helpful and a man of integrity.

Put ole Cee Bailey on for the winter. Got a little nippy with the stock shield in place. O8 was way too windy this summer so the 13 shield was good. Got a good 140 mile ride in to test it.

Pulled all the plastic off and replaced the leaking exhaust cam sensor o-ring and while I was at it, I also did a drain and fill on the cooling system.

I couldn't believe what a mess the front of the motor was from the oil leak. I had to use some spray degreaser and a lil scrubbing to get all the gunk off.

Put my ECU back in after letting Ivan work his magic on it.  Put in new air filter while the front left cowling was off for a front and rear camera system install. 

Attachments

• Front camera.jpg
    Front camera.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 104
  • rear camera.jpg
    rear camera.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 99
^^ Nice! I need to do this more often again. Just not as convenient as it used to be with all the heated gear or rain protection around this season.

Changed the brake and clutch fluids. It was easy. Nothing like those BMW " Whizzy " brakes let me tell you, thats a total PITA those are.
After reading the touring seat thread I think I'm going to order the Kawasaki Touring seat. Or should a Get something else?
Still looking for a taller wider windshield with a vent. Maybe the Cal Sci.
Season is on hold here for a bit in So Colorado, going to go below zero for the next couple of nights.

Since the Sylvania Silver Stars I've always used have to be replaced at least once a year. I had one out again, I decided to finally go with some LED's. Haven't ridden it yet, they are extremely bright in the shop. Seem to have a real nice cutoff line.

We'll see how long they last!  :motonoises:

Got me motivated, rode mine to work today too. Mite chilly this AM.
[/quote]

Atta baby!!! Keepin it real! I'm waiting till the overnight lows get back in the 20's to start up again.

Cliff, Could I ask you what brand of LEDs you went with?  I am ready to pull the trigger on LED headlights but would really rather not be "that guy" who blinds oncoming traffic due to a poor beam pattern.  I have a set of Denali LED driving lights mounted down on the fender and PIAA LED city bulbs.  Both of these are 6000K.  I would like to install LED headlights so that all the lights have a consistent color.  I think Hexrays installed a set of GTR Ultra Series LEDs and seemed happy with hose. Due to the cost, I would prefer to only do this once and NOT have to replace the LEDs due to a bad beam pattern.  Thanks!

Thanks MtnRider... I have seen the BeamTechs, the Pathfinders, and a number of other brands identified on the Forum.  One of my bigger concerns is the beam pattern, and the only thing I can really go by is the recommendations on the forum.  Thanks again.  I have been very interested in the other recent thread on LEDs.  Good stuff!

Just Cliff said:
jas said:
Cliff, Could I ask you what brand of LEDs you went with?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11051.m43.l1123/7?euid=9ff4ac800ad6477ab43360cf60404bbd&bu=43184940630&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254277274582&sojTags=bu=bu

Here is the link to what I bought. I cannot vouch for how they are at night as I haven't even ridden the bike. Sitting in the dark shop they look great. I've got some pictures I'll seeing about posting later.

Here is a few pictures in semi dark shop. 1st picture shows one standard bulb & one LED. You can see where the light hits the floor, same spot the LED is much brighter. Second picture shows both LED's installed. 3rd & 4th show low beam/high beam. It's about 50' to door.

Anybody's guess how long they last or how well they work at night. I try to avoid riding at night. Mostly for daytime visibility.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 100
Cliff, Thank you! You've gone well out of your way with your response!  Those LEDs look very good and the price is right. I take my bike to work very early in the morning whenever possible.  There are deer running everywhere at this time of year in Western PA, so I need all the light I can get down the road.  Thanks!

Reinstalled the ECU after Steve worked his magic on it... the Mountain 89-octane variant.  Anything that is electric and still works after I've handled it always amazes me, but after sitting for almost 3 weeks (the lame-brain owner sent the ECU to the wrong address at first, but once Steve got it, it was back to me in a couple of days), the Connie dang near startled me it started so quickly -- settled right down to an 1100RPM idle, so no fiddly-diddly work for me.  Took it for a short spin (had only mesh jacket and the temps were back down in the 40's so I wasn't going far) and enjoyed the non-crunch shifting -- might just be my imagination, but seems to pull strong from a few hundred RPM lower than it used to, but clearly is smooth... I'm the wrong rider to test the full envelop available, but will take it for a longer ride tomorrow after the sun warms things -- but I'm a grinning -- Thanks Steve, this is a good deal.  :)

Also fiddled with the windshield -- the little gasket under the mounting bars went way when I mounted the National Cycle V-Stream (or whatever it's called).  Someone had suggested using a bicycle inner tube to make replacement gasket -- but not having an inner tube, that gave me an idea -- took some of that black Gorilla tape (duct tape style) and doubled it over, cut it out -- and that Gorilla gasket seems to make the whole windshield a whole lot more stable -- at least up to about 80-85mph which was as fast as I was going to go -- cold...

jas said:
Cliff, Thank you! You've gone well out of your way with your response!  Those LEDs look very good and the price is right. I take my bike to work very early in the morning whenever possible.  There are deer running everywhere at this time of year in Western PA, so I need all the light I can get down the road.  Thanks!

No problem, hope it helped you out.  :motonoises:

Just Cliff said:
jas said:

No problem, hope it helped you out.  :motonoises:

gotta say thanks also, those just made me decide to buy those when my OEM's give out, even tho I have a brand new set of Silverstar's in a package, and also some NAPA 80/100's, also in package, that I have been holding on to for 12 years... only time I used them was to do a "comparo/test", way back in time... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

they look nice, priced well, and the configuration of the lamp/electrics assembly is much nicer than most I've seen...
cool....

Mob, hey buddy u can send me your brand new silver stars.  Hate to see them go to waste if ur not gonna use them.  As much as I'd like to go to less, I'd have to buy another headlight modulator as the one I'm using now wont work with the LEDs.... and I swear by my modulator....saved my a$$ many times from cagers turning left or out of driveways on me....

PM me and I'll send u my address.....

Well I have done this with several bikes in the past, want to see where the fuel runs out after the reserve or low fuel warning comes on. So caught the yellow light coming on and set the trip-meter. Put on about 30 miles and today it was in the 40's and went on a grocery run with about .75 gallon in a can in the saddlebag. at 40.9 miles turning into Safeway I felt it lurch...rolled into a parking spot and it started to sputter so hit the kill. Looks like I will call 40 my range to empty, 2013 C-14 with SISF MR Premium flash. I estimate 1/2 of that last 40 was at over 50, 1/2 below.

ZXtasy said:
Looks like I will call 40 my range to empty, 2013 C-14 with SISF MR Premium flash...

Thanks for posting... i've got the 89-octane MR flash -- but, being timid I think I'll assume 25 miles if/when the light gets on...

I guess this is in line with my other data, since multiple times I will get the fuel light and ride it for 10 or 20 miles, and when I go to fill up the most it has ever taken is 5.5 gallons. So, the claimed 5.8 plus that which may be unreachable to the pump inlet seems to coincide.

25 is a good number for conservative. I ran out on my 425 LB ZX-10 and had to push it 1/4 mile and that sucked, on the Connie that is why I have AMA roadside assistance!

Mounted my new MRA Vario windscreen and took for a test ride. I now understand want they are talking about when they say "smooth air". I think I'm really going to like it.  :great: :motonoises:

Rideezdale said:
Mounted my new MRA Vario windscreen and took for a test ride. I now understand want they are talking about when they say "smooth air". I think I'm really going to like it.  :great: :motonoises:
Way cool  :great:

ZXtasy said:
25 is a good number for conservative. I ran out on my 425 LB ZX-10 and had to push it 1/4 mile and that sucked, on the Connie that is why I have AMA roadside assistance!
Ran “Blue” dry once, got lucky ~ <500’ from a gas pump, pushing C14 more than 1-1/2 football fields will teach you to be a tad more mindful.  Haven’t waited for low fuel light since.

Rideezdale said:

Awesome! Mine is getting delivered in the morning! When I bought this bike last month, it had a Cee Bailey's EXTRA TALL screen on it and the guy must have been Kareem Abdul Jabbar at about 7'2"! When all the way up, it was way above the top of my helmet, I'm 5'11" so tomorrow morning will be a celebration with the install.

Raydog said:
Rideezdale said:

Awesome! Mine is getting delivered in the morning! When I bought this bike last month, it had a Cee Bailey's EXTRA TALL screen on it and the guy must have been Kareem Abdul Jabbar at about 7'2"! When all the way up, it was way above the top of my helmet, I'm 5'11" so tomorrow morning will be a celebration with the install.
That's funny,  I just bought my bike last month and it also came with a cee bailey's.  :rotflmao:
Enjoy  :motonoises: